ditribution list

hi all, i need to create a list of contact from an outlook contact to exchange.
this because i need to centralize the address contact to global address list
on exchange.
all of this contact will be sent via outlook with an external isp account.
can i create this type of distribution list on exchange or it is more simple
to share one outlook contact to other.

thanks
Giulio
0
Giulio1 (2)

Hi,

If you create mail enabled contacts in your AD then they will be published
to you GAL.

That is under the presumtion you do not have any custom GALs, AD issues etc
etc.

 Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/10/2007 5:41:22 PM
You can also share address books if that's what you want using Delegation
under options in Outlook.

A centralized place one would expect you will want to use the GAL.

 Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/10/2007 6:03:28 PM
thank you oliver for fast reply, please can you explain in a step to step way?

then i test and i let you know.

many thanks

giulio

"Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:

> You can also share address books if that's what you want using Delegation
> under options in Outlook.
>
> A centralized place one would expect you will want to use the GAL.
>
>  Oliver

0
Giulio1 (2)
3/11/2007 12:03:21 AM
Hi,

Read this:  http://www.amset.info/exchange/contacts.asp

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list
how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list Chip Pearson has tons of ways of working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm stewart wrote: > > how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list -- Dave Peterson Use the technique here to tag the dupes, then autofilter on the tag and delete the filtered rows http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates "stewart" wrote: > how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list ...

Project/Sub-Project In Continuous List?
I've got a little timekeeping system that allows the user to enter task descriptions, start/stop times and then select "Project" from a combo box. I'd like to do some analysis on the data, and allocating tasks to sub-project's seems necessary. Problem is that in a continuous list, all the combo boxes behave the same. So if I make cboSubProject.RowSource tb a query that includes only sub-projects under the project selected in cboProject, the sub-projects in other rows on the screen come and go as cboSubProject's list changes. Anybody got a strategy for situation...

exchange 5.5 Distribution List size
When trying to add a new contact to a distribution list (exchange 5.5), one of our users is getting the error message "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network email server". There is already about 200 contacts in this distribution list. I've been unable to find out how to cure this. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks. Dan... you're speaking about a personal distribution list...there is a limit...I read somewhere that it was 165 members of a personal dl...nothing to do about this except to "nest" smaller dls into another one... &q...

Counting how many different names in a long list
I have a list of 332 names many of them are duplicated. I am looking for a formula or function that can count how many unique names there are in the list. Can anyone help? -- Quaisne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Quaisne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28052 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501357 This'll count the number of distinct values in a range: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A99<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A99,A1:A99&"")) (adjust the range to matc...

lists #3
how do I consolidate two lists into one: List 1 Jan name city a Med b NYC c LA List 2 Feb name city d GA e MIS f LA Consolidated name city a Med b NYC c LA d GA e MIS f LA Thanks Copy the second list and paste it below the first? -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Felipe" <faristiz@uncc.edu> wrote in message news:5a7b01c48178$dfedd1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how do I consolidate two lists into one: > > List...

Using contact categories as distribution lists
Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 I select a category name "Robinson Family". Actions->Create->New Message to Contact. (get msg "this action apply to all items in the selected groups". Click OK). A new email message window appears but only email1 shows up for each person, not email2 and email3. I found this tip by searching microsoft.com How to Use Contact Categories as Distribution Lists in Outlook http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_category_dis.htm This tip says that all the email addresses for each person will automatically be plac...

Concise Payable Check Voucher Listing
Is there a way (besides modifying the existing Check Edit List - this is needed as well) to get a concise pre check run listing of the all of the Vouchers in a batch prior to posting for easy review? If I can copy the Edit List and create a custom report then the user cant parameterize to limit to a given batch, so this is not ideal. My AP Manager wants to see a tabular listing with just a few basic fields (like VendorID, Voucher#, Date, AmountBeingPaid for this voucher), much more concise than the edit list. I dont see unposted check batches in SmartList, and I can't figure out ho...

Eliminating "Completed" Tasks from task list
Hi all, Hope someone can help me. I use my task list at great length and whenever I check one as completed a line goes through it and it turns grey, but it remains on the list. Does anyone know if there is an option to "not show" completed tasks. Thanks in advance. Spencer Spencer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hope someone can help me. I use my task list at great > length and whenever I check one as completed a line goes > through it and it turns grey, but it remains on the > list. Does anyone know if there is an option to "not > ...

Can you out outside SMTP addresses to an exchange Distribution list?
Help! I have no idea how to recreate our distribution lists in exchange. They involve SMTP mail addresses not in our active directory!! Make a CONTACT in AD and give it the external email address. Make that CONTACT a member of the Distribution List. Mat "Child" <dawg@alaskaSPAMFREE.com> wrote in message news:10d62q0i9lsuc00@corp.supernews.com... > Help! I have no idea how to recreate our distribution lists in exchange. > They involve SMTP mail addresses not in our active directory!! > > "Mat Sutton" <Mat@noreply.com> wrote in message news:u...

obtain list of hardrive guid's
I just bought a new laptop with windows 7 home premium. first I load McAfee security. then I decreased the size of the hard drive order may be switched. I made a close of the original disk for backup. with a plan to install all my stuff one the original with a backup of the virgin drive in case of emergency. all went well. I'm now trying to use bcdedit to add the second drive to the boot list, I backed bcd store, use create to create a new entry. but displaying whats in the store doesn't show. now I'm trying to find the guid for the 2nd partition so I can fix/workaround this. but...

Populate List Box
Need some ideas. I have a list box from which our clients will be able to select which form they want to preview or print. However, each client should only have selections available that apply specifically to their company. For example: Company A will require forms 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 Company B will require forms 1, 6 and 7 Company C will require forms 4, 5 and 6 I have some code right now to handle a simple two form variation: If Forms("Main").Controls("Form1Req") = "Yes" and Forms("Main").Controls ("Form2Req") = "No" Then Me.L...

Making labels from Merge Mail in Word (2007) from Excel list
When attempting to make labels by using Merge mail in Word (followed all instructions in Excell on formating the list of recipietnts and then following Word instructions to download the recipients from Excel onto the labels, I continue to get "Unrecognized format from Excel". Anyone have any ideas? -- Tracy From: "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> | When attempting to make labels by using Merge mail in Word (followed all | instructions in Excell on formating the list of recipietnts and then | following Word instructions to download the recipie...

too many to list
how do i uninstall microsoft security. i am going to use norton exclusively. comcast,my internet provider supports norton. and also, so does Dell, the company that i bought the computer from. Pls. reply asap. things just are getting worse & worse. i would like my computer back to the initial state it was in when i purchased it. i'm desparate. this computer is fairly new & all screwed up. pls help. You remove Microsoft Security Essentials via the Control Paned | Add/Remove Programs. IMO, you are making a huge mistake. No version of Norton has been fully comp...

Sharing Calendar with personal dist list
I have been asked to find a way for people to share their calendars with personal distributions lists. Is this possible? Thanks! Wes If you in an Exchange environment and are talking about Exchange distribution lists; yes, you can. Just like you normally set permissions. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "stahlerw" <stahlerw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:258B3114-9ADE-4B8E-8184-7BE8FC09EDA8@microso...

Global Contact List in a Public Folder???
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to display the contents of our Global Contacts List as a Contacts Public Folder? Obviously i would like to use some LDAP filtering and break it up into different lists for different people to have access to.. but first things first. Do I need to make an Exchange App? or there an easy way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, Rick Hello, one solution would be a synchronization on a specific schedule... read the GAL and create/update a contact entry in the public folder. Should not be so hard to write... Greetings, Henning Krause "R...

2 criteria cells used to select which validation list to use
Greetings All: (Excel 2003) I'm trying to "clean up" various workbooks and consolidate into one workbook (probably about 75 sheets, when done). I have come to the conclusion that, for clarity of my formulas, I should have used range names. I have the Name Manager, version 3.2 from Jan Karel, which hopefully will prove to be more than a little useful. My current problem relates to the use of validation, based on info from two cells, (either/or), and requiring a result of 1 of 2 validation lists. I hope the following is clear. Cell C3: Truck Cell D3 = 0 (not applicable) or 1...

distribution list #16
How do I create a distribution list of internet email addresses for use via the global address book? Thank you, Jason Hi Jason, If you are using running Exchange 2000/2003 you just need to open Active Directory Users and Computers and Right Click in the appropriate OU selecting New - Group, when the New "Object - Group" window appears Type the group name and pre-Windows 2000 group name (avoid using the following reserved characters ` ~ ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ) In the Group type area select Distribution Click next and check "Create an Exchange e-mail address&...

Account list view up to current date?
I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I often enter in income/expenses far in advance so I can see how things will play out. Account list is my main view and gets distorted since it is taking into account future events. The portfolio view has a nice feature in that it can show only up to the current date and not any future events, such as future retirement contributions I've entered. Is there a way to make the account list do that? Or, is there some way I can see both scenarios without having to maintain two Money files? Bills | Forecast Cash Flow? Beyond that, no. You could not enter...

HELP!! in FTP Sessions, how to refresh directory listing?
HELP!! in FTP Sessions, how to refresh directory listing? I read a document about FTP Sessions in MSDN. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384180.aspx In the document, if you upload a file to FTP server, delete or rename a file on FTP server, you need to remember to refresh directory listing. In the sample source code there is just a comment: // Remember to refresh directory listing. But how to do it in C++? Just send a LIST ftp command or use FtpFileFinder to enumerate the files on FTP server? Laurence Local directory listing or remote directory listing? For remote, you as...

Add a number based on list of criteria ??
Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell B) = 98 I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to Cell C accordingly For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in Cell C If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc. There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements... Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this? TIA! One way: Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.: J K 1 0 11 2 5% 10 3 15% 9 .... 10 85% 2 11 ...

Drop down list #3
Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? Data|Validation is pretty easy to use. Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Hrider wrote: > > Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? -- Dave Peterson ...

How to create a Sub validation list in excel?
How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a cell from another validation list, for eg I choose the make of a car from a list then the list next to that changes to the models of that particular make of car, is this possible and if so please could you enlighten me See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BC9D8ED-243C-4376-9C9D-4F1F65AFACBD@microsoft.com... > How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a ce...

Account List Totals not being updated
I have been using Money for several years. I'm now using Money 2003 on my Windows 2000 system. I noticed this morning that the account values in the Account List view were not being updated to agree with Portfolio Values after share prices were downloaded from the Internet. I tried a reinstall and that didn't fix the problem. Then I ran the latest Microsoft "Salvage" utility on my data file and that said the file was okay. If anyone has any helpful suggestions I would love to hear them. If you wish to do so you can contact me at cbritman (at)cox(dot)net Thanks...

Display in folder list
We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 with Outlook 2002 clients. We have several associates that need access to other mailboxes. When you add these mailboxes into the folder list view, they are showing up after the Public Folders. We have also seen it where there you open up the Outlook client and the associate's mailbox is displaying after Public Folders instead of before. What is causing this to occur? ...

Error list for RMS Integration.
Hi, Where can I find a document that include a list of all errors that can happens when a integration is running?? Thanks, -- Evelin. ...