Distribution Lists residing on exchange servers

Hi All,

I am trying to export distribution lists in Outlook 2003 to load onto
another comupter that is on another domain.

Here is the scenario:

Computer A is on domain 1.
Network migration occurs.
Computer A is now on domain 2.

I want to take the GAL from domain 1, and put it into their outlook on
domain 2 (I don't need it to be updated).  The two domains are totally
seperate from each other... (i do not own domain 1, i DO own domain 2).

I've tried several methods like creating a new data file copying info
to it, then opening the file in the other domain.

I have been unsuccessful as of yet.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ellisha

0
eboudreau (10)

Ellisha

Check out LDIFDE or CSVDE. Both tools have a little learning curve but CSVDE
is easier to use in my opinion.

Nue

"Ellisha" <eboudreau@northnetwork.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to export distribution lists in Outlook 2003 to load onto
> another comupter that is on another domain.
>
> Here is the scenario:
>
> Computer A is on domain 1.
> Network migration occurs.
> Computer A is now on domain 2.
>
> I want to take the GAL from domain 1, and put it into their outlook on
> domain 2 (I don't need it to be updated).  The two domains are totally
> seperate from each other... (i do not own domain 1, i DO own domain 2).
>

> I've tried several methods like creating a new data file copying info
> to it, then opening the file in the other domain.
>
> I have been unsuccessful as of yet.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Ellisha

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/10/2006 1:01:15 PM
Hi Ellisha,

What is the data file you mention which you have copied? Are your Outlook
clients connect to an Exchange Server using the Exchange Server connection
method or are they connecting via POP or IMAP. I suspect the later and you
want to migrate contacts in a PST?

Copy the PST file over to the other computer, add it into outlook open
contacts on the added PST file select all then copy to contacts in the other
PST. Just remember to click on the folder list view Icon first, so you can
see both PST files

If you are connected to an Exchange server and want to migrate Distribution
lists, then take a look at the following blog post from a fellow MVP Rui
Silva:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/ehlo/archive/2005/04/21/43813.aspx

Regards
--
Ben Hoffman
MVP Exchange

"Ellisha" <eboudreau@northnetwork.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to export distribution lists in Outlook 2003 to load onto
> another comupter that is on another domain.
>
> Here is the scenario:
>
> Computer A is on domain 1.
> Network migration occurs.
> Computer A is now on domain 2.
>
> I want to take the GAL from domain 1, and put it into their outlook on
> domain 2 (I don't need it to be updated).  The two domains are totally
> seperate from each other... (i do not own domain 1, i DO own domain 2).
>

> I've tried several methods like creating a new data file copying info
> to it, then opening the file in the other domain.
>
> I have been unsuccessful as of yet.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Ellisha

0
ben.hoffman (411)
1/10/2006 1:14:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.  One problem though is that I am not the
exchange administrator.  I am a tech support person off site from the
head office....

0
eboudreau (10)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Relay from unstruted server

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Relay Servers?

Microsoft Exchange Server

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Format List Box!