Distribution Lists Question

Hi,

I have a client with an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The server is responsible
to receive mail for multiple domains (abc.com and xyz.com).

I'm setting up distribution lists for things like info and sales and bizdev
etc... How can I have mail sent to info@abc.com go to 123@abc.com and
456@abc.com. And then have mail sent to info@xyz.com go to 321@xyz.com and
654@xyz.com?

Thanks!!

Bart

0
Bart

Are 123@abc.com and 456@abc.com also distribution groups?
Do they get their addresses from a different recipient policy?
You can nest distribution groups.

"Bart" <@> wrote in message news:ePHQ6uSnEHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I have a client with an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The server is
> responsible
> to receive mail for multiple domains (abc.com and xyz.com).
>
> I'm setting up distribution lists for things like info and sales and
> bizdev
> etc... How can I have mail sent to info@abc.com go to 123@abc.com and
> 456@abc.com. And then have mail sent to info@xyz.com go to 321@xyz.com and
> 654@xyz.com?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Bart

Create 2 distribution groups.  You could call one infoabc and another call
it infoxyz.  Create the alias to something meaningful for each.  Add members
as you see fit.  Open each object in aduc and go to the address tab and
remove the checkbox to automatically update address based on group policy.
Put the smtp address in that you would like them to respond to and remove
the ones you don't.  Alternatively, you could get creative with recipient
policies.

0
THIS5829 (3)
9/18/2004 12:52:05 PM
Great. I will try this out. I can see this will work.

Thanks a bunch!!

Bart

"PES" <NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE*THIS@adelphia.netSPAM*SUCKS> wrote in message

> "Bart" <@> wrote in message news:ePHQ6uSnEHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a client with an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The server is
> > responsible
> > to receive mail for multiple domains (abc.com and xyz.com).
> >
> > I'm setting up distribution lists for things like info and sales and
> > bizdev
> > etc... How can I have mail sent to info@abc.com go to 123@abc.com and
> > 456@abc.com. And then have mail sent to info@xyz.com go to 321@xyz.com
and
> > 654@xyz.com?
> >
> > Thanks!!
> >
> > Bart
> >

> Create 2 distribution groups.  You could call one infoabc and another call
> it infoxyz.  Create the alias to something meaningful for each.  Add
members
> as you see fit.  Open each object in aduc and go to the address tab and
> remove the checkbox to automatically update address based on group policy.
> Put the smtp address in that you would like them to respond to and remove
> the ones you don't.  Alternatively, you could get creative with recipient
> policies.

0
Bart
9/20/2004 5:35:40 PM
123@abc.com and 456@abc.com are users.
Everybody gets their addresses from the default recipient policy. This might
be my problem.

Are there good Micorsoft write-ups on how to work with recipient policies?

Thanks,

Bart

"William Lefkovics [MVP]" <william@spamsux.techsanctuary.org> wrote in
message news:eEpFdeUnEHA.3868@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Are 123@abc.com and 456@abc.com also distribution groups?
> Do they get their addresses from a different recipient policy?
> You can nest distribution groups.
>

> Bart wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a client with an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The server is
responsible
> > to receive mail for multiple domains (abc.com and xyz.com).
> >
> > I'm setting up distribution lists for things like info and sales and
bizdev
> > etc... How can I have mail sent to info@abc.com go to 123@abc.com and
> > 456@abc.com. And then have mail sent to info@xyz.com go to 321@xyz.com
and
> > 654@xyz.com?
> >
> > Thanks!!
> >
> > Bart

0
Bart

List users with OWA 5.5 enabled
Hello, is it possible to get a list of the users that have OWA 5.5 enabled? Does anybody know how? Thanks in advance With the help of Directory Export. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Iv´┐Żn Sainz wrote: > Hello, > is it possible to get a list of the users that have OWA 5.5 enabled? > Does anybody know how? > > Thanks in advance ...

Adding LDAP entries to the Global Address List
I have two exchange 2003 sp1 servers in a a front end and back end configuration running on windows 2003 sp?. I'm running window 2003 ADS. My organization exist in a bigger network environment that uses LDAP server for directory services. My questions, is there a way that I can include the LDAP server information along with the Global Address List. Sort of like configuring a mail clients to pull information from an LDAP server. Is this even possible? "thutchin" <thutchin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have two exchange 2003 sp1 servers in a a front end...

What's going on here? Listings have gone all wonky.
Started with Irfan view. When I went to view something, the file lists were weird, random. Ok, I've recently done a lot of date searching and that may have left things wonky. So, I closed eveything. opened Windows Explorer, selected Name, and then using options asked everything be like that, rebooted. yet...still not listed right, worse, now Windows Explorer is starting to come up with listings random. What causes this? I finally went to Windows Explorer, selected Name, and close the application with ctrl key held down. Then rebooted. Now eveything is back to the expec...

Add Sender To Blocked Senders List
I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To Blocked Senders List" so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is ignored and I keep getting the same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work? Patrick I don't use WLM but I have some advice for you. Stop using your real email address when you post to a newsgroup and you will reduce the number of spam emails you receive....Maybe. I say "Maybe" because it might be too late due to your address already being on numerous spam lists...

identify highest and lowest number in a list
hi I need to be able to look through a list of numbers and identify the highest and lowest number in the list. The list can vary in length up to 60 or so entries, and not all of the cells will have data in them. I know there's a conditional format in there somewhere but that's about it! Have you tried the MAX() and MIN() functions? Look them up in Help. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "peter terry" <peter.terry63@tiscali.c...

Picking Information from a list #2
Thankyou for that. However, I am wanting to bring these across into separate list which shows all the players registered for a club. Th filter option doesn't help me with the moving of this elsewhere. need the information in a different place as the information is goin to be used to complete a team sheet automatically. ...... here's hoping..... -- eddie8 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eddie84's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thread...

Form/Query Question
In Access 2007, I have a table that has the following columns: First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Hair Color, Height, Weight, and Current Location. I want to create a form that I can go into and find all of the individuals that were born after 1980 and with brown hair; or possibly all the individuals with brown hair that weigh under 180. Basically I want to be able to search the table based on inserting the specific parameters I want into a form. And then I want to be able to see a report of all the individuals that meet my parameters to print out. How can I go about this? Y...

Combo Box Question 12-19-09
I have several Combo Boxes that need to use the same choices. Is there a way to only use this code 1 time & all the Combo Boxes offer the same choices or do i have to enter this code for every Combo Box? My Combo Boxes are "Type_Work_601-623" & "Type_Work_701-723" 'Type Work to be Done With Me.Type_Work_601 .AddItem "ADD:" .AddItem "ASSIGN:" .AddItem "EXTEND:" .AddItem "MODIFY:" .AddItem "MULTIPLED" .AddItem "REASSIGNED" .Ad...

Question about possible memory leak
I have an MDI application that uses the following functions to display the file's name and small icon in a statusbar pane. My question is, in the SetPanelIcon() function I added a call to DestroyIcon(). It is necessary to prevent a memory leak? The MSDN files state that CStatusBarCtrl::SetIcon sends a SB_SETICON message and that "The status bar will not destroy the icon. It is the calling application's responsibility to keep track of and destroy any icons." // In the view.cpp void CMyAppView::SetDocumentIcon() { CMainFrame* pMainFrame = (CMainFrame*) ::AfxGetMainWnd();...

Sales Line Item Distribution Entry
You can no longer tab/enter between account lines in the window. After entering the last segment and hitting tab, you should go to the next line - similar to entering posting accounts. This also occurs in the account entry windows for cards. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Well that's strange... TAB question
For no apparent reason, my Excel at work has started misbehaving. If I am in, say, A1 and hit TAB, instead of going to cell B1, I go to R1. Can anyone explain this, or tell me how to put it right. TIA Steve Protection? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "CrankyLemming" <crankylemming@aol.com> wrote in message news:fc55430.0411300627.1ac59e22@posting.google.com... > For no apparent reason, my Excel at work has started misbehaving. > > If I am in, say, A1 and hit TAB, instead of going to cell B1, I go to > R1. Can anyone explain this, or tell me h...

Footer to list Directory & Filename
I can get the Filename to list in the foot. But, I need the Directory information to also print. How can this be done? Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = ThisWorkbook.FullName End With End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the code -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "...

Appending to Sharepoint List From Access
Hey guys, I have 2 lists each on their own Sharepoint Site. I have them both linked to my Access Frontend. They both have the same permissions. I'm able to write an append query to one of the lists but not the other. What happens is when I go to select 'Append Query' from the tool bar, the name of the linked sharepoint list is not an option in the "Append To" drop down menu. Does anyone know what the culprit could be and sorry if I didn't write this in the correct forum. ...

Difference Between Custom Address List and Global Address List
Any one could able to tell me exactly the difference between Custom Address list (which can be created under All Address List) and Gloab Address List on Exchange Server 2003??? On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:48:33 -0800, N.Raja <NRaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Any one could able to tell me exactly the difference between Custom Address >list (which can be created under All Address List) and Gloab Address List on >Exchange Server 2003??? Custom lists allow you to filter and create views based upon specific attributes. ...

List Box Options
I'm designing a form that's used for tracking training for various individuals, and their names were added to the simple list box. My question is how do I show the selected names from the list box in the database column marked "Names"? All I wnt to accomplish when I'm done is a report that shows how many trainings each individual attended the date of the trainings an it's topic. -- Scott Scott: Your going to have to have a criteria in order to tell it what you want done. "Scott" wrote: > I'm designing a form that's used for tracking ...

Drop down list in Microsoft Word 2007
I have added a drop down list to my form in Word 2007 but there is no arrow for the user to click to see the options. How can I fix this? The arrow button appears only when you have protected the document for forms. You can go through the pain of clicking Protect Document > Allow only this type of editing > Filling in forms > Start Enforcing Protection. Or you can add the Lock command to the Quick Access Toolbar and only need one click. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups ...

query question
Can I create a query that will replace @abcwest.com with @abcbest.com in the table Customer column email and cc ? Thank you "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:%23rGu6FUHLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can I create a query that will replace @abcwest.com with @abcbest.com in > the table Customer column email and cc ? > Thank you Yes. Have a look in the BOL index under string functions. UPDATE tblCustomer SET EmailAddress = REPLACE(EmailAddress , '@abcwest.com', '@abcbest.com') WHERE CHARINDEX('@abcwest.c...

Question regarding IIf
Hello all. Im not very good at querys, so pls dont laugh. ;) I cant really get it to work. Is it at all possible to do this? ArtNr: IIf([ArticleNumber]="600#######";Left([ArticleNumber];LEN([ArticleNumber])-2);Left([ArticleNumber];LEN([ArticleNumber])-3)) In my desperation I have also tried Format, but the same thing happends. It uses the Left with LEN -3 all the time. Any suggestions? If the # is meant to be a wild card representing any digit, use the Like operator: ArtNr: IIf([ArticleNumber] Like "600#######", ... If ArticleNumber is a Number field (not a Te...

Filtering incoming email questions
I'm about to set up an Exchange server for the first time on SBS 2003. The client wants to know if an email is sent to more than one person, can we have a rule/filter that delivers it only to the first addressee and no one else? Basically not allow mulitple addressees of any kind, either in the main "to:" field, the "cc:" field, blind copy, etc. It would be nice if this was configurable by the user but if it had to be policy for the whole Exchange server site, that would be OK, too. Apparently their customers are making a habit of sending things to mulitple em...

owner draw list box #2
hi, I want to have a list box with check box and text displayed. My text should behave a link. For that i derived a class from CCheckListBox and able to draw check box along with text underlined which now looks like a link. But the problem is when is click on the link, the text is overwriting check box. Can anyone help in this? Thanks Balaji Sounds like you are not accounting for the space the checkboxes take when you are drawing out your text. You should move your text to the right some to give the checkboxes room to draw. This one doesn't have checkboxes, but perhaps some of the c...

Lookup and Reference Lists
Here's the situation. In Sheet1 I have a list of about 1200 items in following format: T0000 ---- AAA 00000 BBB 11111 CCC 22222 T0001 ---- AAA 11111 DDD 33333 and so on. In Sheet2, as follows: T0000 T0500 T0700 AAA BBB CCC DDD T0003 T0100 T0900 T1000 T0350 AAA BBB CCC DDD There are about 300 of these blocks in Sheet2. And my task is to fill out the blank cells under each id numbers in Sheet2 with their corresponding values (if any) in Sheet1. I am fairly new to Excel and don't have a clue as to how to go about this...

Distribution security problem
I have an issue where a single email account cannot send email to a distribution list. Other users are able to send to it just fine. I have confirmed the account has permission to the group, confirmed its not locked out, etc. Nothing seems to work. Any direction on this would be most appreciated. what happens when this account tries? any error message? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jerry Cutshaw" <JerryCutshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:934C752A-73FD-4676-82FB-FBAE8A482B2A@microsoft.com... > I have an issue where a single email account cannot sen...

Big list colums naming and repeating when printing
I have a list. How do I set up column names that will repeat in every page when I print like headers? File | Page Setup | Sheet. From there you can designate the Row that contains your headings to repeat on each page. tj "MaR" wrote: > I have a list. How do I set up column names that will repeat in every page > when I print like headers? ...

Validation List
I want to create a validation list for some cells in a row so that users can only type in number 0 to 100 and also the alphabet "TH" for absentees. What is the formula in the validation list. TQ. Zainuddin, If it's column A, and A1 is active (white), then you could use Data - Validation - Custom. It will allow TH or th. =OR(AND(B1>=0, B1 <=100),B1="TH") The formula above will allow fractional numbers (like 34.6). If they're to be disallowed, use: =OR(AND(C1>=0, C1 <=100,IF(ISNUMBER(C1),MOD(C1,1),FALSE)=0),C1="TH") -- Earl Kiosterud...

Outlook 2003 not printing attachment list
All users running Outlook 2003, with SP3 on Windows XP Pro SP3, no add-ins installed. All additional Windows and Office updates done as well. Some users can print the attachment list for HTML messages, while others cannot. One difference is a few users have the Outlook security set to Internet zone (they cannot print the list) while the rest have it set to Restricted zone (and can print the list). I didn't think that would be the issue keeping them from printing the attachment list. Any other possibilities. Thanks in advance. ...