Distribution Lists not replicating

We are preparing to migrate from exchange 5.5 to 2003. I
am using the exdeploy tools and following all the steps.
For some reason the only thing that is failing to
replicate is the distribtion lists. When I open System
Manager and look at the 5.5 mailboxes I don't see any of
the distribtion lists...so there's no way I can move them
to the 2003 server. Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Have you looked at this:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Site-Consolidation-Tools-Exchange2003.ht
ml

"KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are preparing to migrate from exchange 5.5 to 2003. I
> am using the exdeploy tools and following all the steps.
> For some reason the only thing that is failing to
> replicate is the distribtion lists. When I open System
> Manager and look at the 5.5 mailboxes I don't see any of
> the distribtion lists...so there's no way I can move them
> to the 2003 server. Any ideas?

0
Megan

Exchange 2000 replication issue
I was told that I need to force an exchange replication, not sure what is meant by that, does anyone? My public folders seem to be fine, the issue is that the servers are not relaying email between themselves right now. They can recieve external email but cannot send it. I have since fixed it so that they can send email outbound, now the remaining issue is that the two servers seem not to be talking back and forth. Not sure what to check now. I figured out what they were talking about. In the Monitoring and Status area it was showing errors. An old IT guy we had just restrted the ...

Public folder replication problems #2
Hi! I have a public folder replication problem between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. The public folders are not replicated to the other mailserver. I've tried to set up the replication through ESM and pfMigrate, but it still doesn't work. I've read the KB842273 article that tells about how to troubleshoot public folder replication problems, and it looks like the replication messages are sendt from the server but not recived by the other server. There are many outgoing replication messages on both serverers, but no incoming. In the event log on both servers there are many 8207 events...

Finding a particular non zero value from a list
I have a column of formulas. The data I am entering will give a result for each of the formulas sequentially ie there no nonzero results up to a point. What I need to know is where the nonzero results start and to log the last nonzero value. The column of formulas is 50 deep. I was thinking take the average and where the average rises above zero that cell would be the cell I am after but is there a better way? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Font list drop down display
I'm a font freak. I scroll through hundreds, maybe thousands, of fonts when I create publications. It seemed in the earlier versions of Publisher that if I selected my text and chose, say, comic sans, and didn't like it so I went back to the font drop down menu and the menu continued from the Comic Sans font down. With 2003 and the trial version of 2007 I may look at a "K" font and if I want to change it, the menu pops back up to the "A" fonts and I have to scroll through all of them again to go past the font I just tried. Make any sense? This isn't ...

Adding a Distribution List to a Distribution List
I am owner of global DL 'myList'. There are other global DLs on the server 'otherListA', 'otherListB', etc. I want to add these lists to 'myList', but I get a pop-up error stating: "Changes to the distribution list membership could not be saved. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object." I have been given to believe that I need to be owner of 'otherListA' to be able to add it as a member of 'myList'. This seems counter-intuitive to me. Further, I did find some global DLs that I was able to add to ...

Retrieve Exchange 2007 safe list
Hi, Is there a way to retrieve a user's safelist, on a per mailbox basis? I have an external custom filtering solution that I'd like to populate with this data. > Hi, > Is there a way to retrieve a user's safelist, on a per mailbox basis? I > have an external custom filtering solution that I'd like to populate with > this data. > Anyone ? On 3/15/2010 10:36 AM, Christian wrote: >> Hi, >> Is there a way to retrieve a user's safelist, on a per mailbox basis? I >> have an external custom filtering solution that I'd like...

Making a compiled list in Excel #2
Don Guillett Wrote: > You may have over complicated this. Why not just put a x beside each an > use > data>filter>autofilter>filter on the non blanks>use =SUBTOTAL to > count/sum/avg and use f5 copy visible cells only. Why do you need the > checkbox. I want to use a checkbox as I'm making an application for other user and so I think it will be easiest for them if they can select items b simply clicking a checkbox on or off. There will be selection lists like this spread over at least worksheets and I want to be able to summarise they selected items o -another...

Copying and pasting list information that is not fixed (using dynamic ranges)
I have a database with 43 fields (mainly text) in which users will be entering information via a data form. I would like to add another worksheet that provides a summary of all the records, except with less fields (only 17) and different formatting. I've encountered problems trying to copy this information to another worksheet mainly because I'm not sure how many rows will have to be copied over at any given time. I've found references on the web informing how to create dynamic ranges (for both test and numeric information), so I've named each of the 17 fields and used the...

Starting a new list within the one numbered list style
Hi, I'm using Word 2003 and am having trouble with numbered lists (as I see that lots of people do). I have created a style (paragraph type) for how I would like all my numbered lists to be formatted. They are simple, 1 level lists. My problem is that when I add a new list with the style that I want, the numbering follows on from the previous list. When I then re-start the numbering, all the formatting of my style disappears and I have to change it manually. Is there a way to tell Word 2003, "this is a new list, but of the same style as the previous list"? ...

packing list
can some one help please i would like to add lines to the item on my packing list it would help when picking the items if the list is long use sub description 1,2,3 options in Items, and then in the configruation enable to print the sub description if you would like. "hozay" wrote: > can some one help please > i would like to add lines to the item on my packing list > it would help when picking the items if the list is long > > > ...

contact list 05-06-10
I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. How do I get it back??? Whew !! Found it by going to tools/options/connections/ .... stop signing in Now how do I upload my contact list to Windows Live so that I can take advantage of syncronizing lists? And re add my hotmail ID to WLM. "Stephen" wrote: > I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. > How do I get it back??? Export your contact list to a CSV file in WLM. - Contacts/File/Export Using Internet Explorer logon to Windows Live(usin...

Outlook and Exchange 2010 List of Bug Fixes
Hello-- I work for a large corporation that is currently running an Exchange 2007 cluster with clients on a mix of Outlook 2003 and some 2007. We are having issues with delegates and scheduling and have referred them to the article regarding Essential Do's and Don'ts and yet the issues of random calender items disappearing, etc. etc. continue to occur. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011276781033.aspx So, my question is if any of the consequences associated with the items mentioned on the website I referenced are resolved with Exchange 2010 and the ...

all except the list below selected but authenticate to relay fail
I installed a Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003. Using default setting and it worked good for a month. But users cannot send e-mail this week. Seems cannot authenticate users. Now users can send e-mail with an open relay enabled but its dangerous. How come the default setting working good but didn't work suddently? Is it hacked? Virus? or a microsoft updates crashed it? My setting: under the relay restriction: All except the list below - selected Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of ...

Help with Excel phone list
I have created a phone list with a lot of extra data, On a different worksheet, I want to display only certain fields, and have the ability to sort the list, via Name or Number RawPhoneList Extension, First Name, Last Name, Phone Patch, Phone Type , Jack Number, Notes, Display in Phone List. UserPhoneList First name, Last Lane, Direct Number<This is calculated via the Extension, Extension So I do I pull the data from the RawPhoneList based upon =93Display in Phone List=94 and show it in a formatted and sort able version on the UserPhoneList? Right now if I just make one cell =3D the other...

Sums in my list
I have 2 lists in a worksheet. The first list contains 3 columns, and the second list is a single column. Like this: Date Part# Qty Part# The second list is a unique filtered list of the first Part# column. What I need to do is get the SUM of the Qty field for the part #'s in the first list, and place it beside the unique Part no. list. I'm looking around for the solution, but so far all I have found is how to count unique part numbers in my lists. Not quite the sum I'm looking for.... Thanks JB JB Assuming your first list is in A1:C100, with th...

Smart List Export
When I try to export the Smart list via the Print to a CSV file. I get a basic sreen dump. No Comma Seperated data. It would be simpler to export to Excel and save your spreadsheet as a CSV file. -- Charles Allen, MVP "R. White" wrote: > When I try to export the Smart list via the Print to a CSV file. I get a > basic sreen dump. No Comma Seperated data. ...

help with formula and lists
Hello first of I will explain what i need. i work for a printing company and we need something that will calculate direct costs and overheads i have created a workbook that contains the following: sheet1 contains a list of 26 stocked papers, cost per/000 and cost per sheet. sheet 2 contains labour costs for: binding, laminating, and printing. for each their is cost per hour, surplus materials, and cost per unit. Also for each of the processes their are 2-3 variations. for example for laminating it can be: gloss, matt or un-laminated. Each costing a different amount. Now this is where I...

Attaching a 2 item list to a cell / drop-down?
Hi, they say a pic is worth a 1000 works. pls take a look http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1113/981/1600/Exel%20table%20for%20rates.jpg I want my users to see how the cost of an audio conference depending o different varialbles (# of phones lines, etc). In the picture I wan them to choose the country, which - somehow - populates the rate in th next cell "rate per minute" and then I can do the rest of th calculations. But the main thing is simply connecting a list to a drop-down cell??.. etc TIA E -- Enrique Mahech -----------------------------------------------------------...

How to create identical dropdown lists in large blocks of cells
I use an excel spreadsheet to create a 4 week schedule for 20 nurses. They work a total of 13 differant shifts. (7a-11a, 7a-3p, 7a-7p, 11a-3p, 11a-7p, etc). I'm looking for a way to create identical drop down boxes with a list of the available shifts for a large group of cells. So far, I have to do each cell individually via the "Data, Validation, List" route. That's over 550 individual cells I'd have to program one at a time, which is just not gonna happen. Anybody have a faster way? Paul: You can select as many cells as you like when creating a drop-down. You c...

Custom Autofilter List
Hi, I'd like to do a custom autofilter to show all rows where a particular field starts with a question mark. The problem is that excel thinks that the question mark is a wildcard repreenting a single character. How do I get round this? I presume you have a similar problem when looking for all items beginning with a * character as this is also a wildcard character. Hope that sounds understandable and thanks in advance. Regards, Alex In your customer filter, try this: Begins with "~?" No Quotes HTH, Paul "Alex Lush" <AlexLush@discussions.microsof...

How do you request to get on the Office 2011 beta list
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I've done quite a bit of beta testing for MS for Windows products over the years, but I've never seen any way to let anyone know I'd like to get into the Office for Mac betas. How do I go about this? Hi, there has never been a public beta of Office for Mac before, and I doubt there ever will be. There is no way of signing up for a beta of Office 2011, I'm afraid. On 09/03/10 18:14, jaybrennan@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS...

HELP!!!Database tables list
Can someone explain me how i can obtain the list of tables contained in a mdb files opening it at run-time by user, so that i can show the list in a list control ? in other words i need a VC++ app that let the user choose different mdb or dsn and open them showing the contents in tables...but i must handle all the process dinamically so i need open files or dsn then know the list o f tables contained else how could i open them and show result? take a look at the OLEDB interfaces. I know this exists, because several years ago we considered using OLEDB and Access databases. For a variety...

Opening A Form from a List Selection
I have a primary form called MAIN. It displays contact information from a table called CONTACTS, and includes last name, first name, address, etc. I have other forms based on queries (called LIST_A, LIST_B, LIST_C). These forms just contain a list box and display only those contacts from a specific region (from the table and also a field in the CONTACTS form). The MAIN form allows users to select a region which then opens the applicable form to show a list of just those contacts in that particular region. When a region is selected, I want to double click a name on the list and have...

Lost the excel menu list at top of worksheet
The list starting with file, edit view is no longer at the top of my screen. If I use the control panel it still will not correct any way of deliting the menu files and reloading them? Rob, Go into the VBA Editor (Alt + F11) Select View/Immediate Window An "Immediate" window should appear at the bottom of the screen. Type the following (or cut and paste) and press enter: Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Reset Then type (or cut and paste the following) and press enter: Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True If the above does...

Remove/delete most recently used list
Does anyone know how to remove the most recently used list in Money 2004? I viewed two articles in the MS Knowledge Base which referred to Money 2000 and 2001, but nothing for Money 2004. I would appreciate any assistance or thoughts. Thanks in advance. Scott Eliminate the behavior of keep in an MRU list? Probably too tough. Delete files from the MRU list (why? who cares?)? IF you know what you are doing in the registry, this is a fairly simple set of values to find and delete. It just took me about 45 seconds to find them. I'd tell you where, but if you are competent to muck in ...