Distribution Lists, Multiple copies sent?

I recently implemented an exchange server as part of a small business server
install for our organization.  We had previously hosted mail at our ISP.  We
had several listserv's there, which i converted to distribution lists by
adding the people on the lists to our AD as contacts.

When a staff member sends a message to this list, it appears to send
multiple times (looks like four or five).  What could be the causes of this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0
dawg (23)

Possible to copy and paste to a new outlook msg?
Is it possible to create a macro to copy the info from a few specific cells, create a new outlook message and paste the copied info into the new message? Thanks. Hi Derrick, Take a look at John Walkenbach's Sending Personalized Email from Excel, John Walkenbach, Tip 86, Using Outlook http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Mail Merge - Without Word, John Walkenbach, Tip 92, in Excel, of course. (This is the one with the Elephant -- Elephants R Us). http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip92.htm You could also do this with a hyperlink, but may run into problems with length....

Taxes incorrectly distributed
Can anyone tell me what setting in V9 is causing the debtor/creditor consolidation to fail with a message re ' Taxes incorrectly distributed'? Appears to be when generating the sales credit, there is no tax defaulted in and the resultant transaction will not post. When I try to raise a credit manually and don't populate the tax detail - get the same issue. Only with one customer's install - don't have the problem on any of my local installs. Urgent answer required Many thanks jean -- JB ...

Leave copies on server with Exchange 2003
Hi all, I have a user who normally connects to an exchange server in the office, but he likes to connect to his mail box via pop3 on his phone/pda when out and about. The trouble is that the pda downloads his entire mailbox every time and removes them from his inbox on the server, even when 'Leave a copy on the server' is checked. I've tested this in the office using Outlook Express to confirm that this is happening. How can I have the server leave a copy of everything in the exchange mialbox, while sending new items to the device which requests them? Many thanks, Garet...

disable MDI window list menu
I created a MDI application. When I create a new child window, it automatically adds window name to the 'Window' menu, i.e., it adds 'Doc1', 'Doc2'... How do I make it NOT do that? Thanks. WJ You can change the default name of your documents (in the string table) or you could remove the Window menu from the top menu, or, I think, you can just hook into OnInitMenuPopup() for the mainframe and remove the entries starting with AFX_IDM_FIRST_MDICHILD. This article might help you get started. In this one they remove all those items and replace them with a popup...

to extract multiple values from an array
Hi, I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular day . On Dec 30, 4:56=A0am, ratan h <ratha...@nextgenalbums.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique > code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job > Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular > day . Not enough info but, assuming you are...

Am I able to manage multiple email accounts
I have several email accounts including Gmail, HOtmail and corporate. I can't make Entourage mail (2004) list individual accounts or find how to manage profiles. Apple mail works but doesn't allow me to insert a tiff company logo without making it an attachment. Outlook allows for all of the above.<br> Appreciate help > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285235088_9822952 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 1...

Exporting distribution lists
Is thee any way to export distribution lists into something like a spreadsheet? Hello: Which version of Exchange are you using? In 5.5 it is easy to do. 200x is not as easy, but doable. Regards, Martin "Elbryyan" <elbryyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:483201c4a09c$dd0a5240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is thee any way to export distribution lists into > something like a spreadsheet? Do you keep all of your DGs in one OU? If so you can easily use LDIFDE or dsquery group. "Elbryyan" <elbryyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:483201c4a09c$dd0a524...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

Configure single Outlook 2003 Account to try multiple outgoing servers?
Is there a way to configure a single Outlook 2003 account to try different SMTP servers for Outgoing mail? I log in from two different locations, and both are behind firewalls. And from each location I can't get to the other SMTP server to send my mail. To get around this, I've created two Outlook accounts to use. One for each location. But this is not a good solution, because I have to remember to use the correct account, and it's easy to make a mistake. ....When I do, the outgoing mail very quietly sits in my Outbox, and doesn't get sent. People get very upset at me for ...

cannot copy from one pub to another
all of a sudden, i cannot copy and paste from one ms pub publication to another ms pub publication. here's what i've done: i ran disk cleanup. i ran norton live update. i ran windows update. i ran office 2000 update. i ran detect and repair inside help in pub 2000. none of the above helped. you said "is clipboard set to automatic in computer services?" can you tell me where computer services is? i looked in control panel, administrative tools, component services and computer management. I ended up in console root, component services, computers, my computer, found ms pu...

CRM for international companies
Hi, Being an international company, our pricelists are in different currencies. MS CRM stores the currency on the Organization level and not on the Business Unit level, which essentially prevents our use of it. (1) Any suggestions for a way to overcome this problem (besides "translating" the EU, EMEA and US pricelist to one currency, e.g. dollars, or waiting for CRM 2.0) ? (2) I noticed that the database schema contains "Organization ID" for all basic tables. This probably means that multiple organizations can run on the same CRM server. Currently, I can't se...

Copy (Ctrl C) in a macro
I want to copy the value one field and paste it into another field in a macro. However, when I run the macro and it gets to the Copy command line (CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdEditCopy ), I get "Command Disabled". Is it possible to copy and paste from within a macro? If so, how do I do it? Never mind - I just figured it out! I need to Edit > Select All before I can Edit > Copy. "Elaine" wrote: > I want to copy the value one field and paste it into another field in a > macro. However, when I run the macro and it gets to the Copy comm...

Multiple email accounts #11
I use Outlook 2003 with multiple accounts (4 POP accounts and one Exchange account) and I have the following problems: Most of the time I am not connected to the corporate network, so most of the time I have no connection to the Exchange server. Because of this Outlook shows the dissconected icon on the bottom right status bar. Once Outlook says that it is dissconected from the Exchange server it doesn't do the automatic syncs with the POP accounts through the internet (which is indeed available). Is there a way to make Outlook autosync with the POP accounts if it is not conne...

Why won't contacts list out in address book
When I open my address book or select the To: or CC: options, my contacts are not listed out. I performed the steps at the below link. The address book appears to be linked to the contact folder since the address book shows the correct contact file in the very top and will search from it, but why aren't the contacts listed for easier selection like I've seen before? Thanks.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 To give further info, I am running Outlook 2007 and the only message in either the global address list or my sp...

Multiple Exchange boxes in one domain
Hi all, I have the following setup for my domain: HQ: Server 2003 Exchange 2003 We have a branch office located on another industrial estate 1/2 mile away, and we currently connect to them via WiFi (11Mb) and they are in the same domain and subnet as us. I am looking to add a second exchange box at their site so they can get their mail "locally". When I look at setting it up tho ot seems that exchange will still send the messages across the WiFi due to there only being 1 MX record? Is there a way I can get them to recive their mail directly over their own Broadband link? Also ...

Merged cells not copied properly
With some frequency, we have noted that cells are unmerged when copied. Generally speaking, we are copying a row and pasting it or inserting it in a new location. However, the clone is not always a clone, because the merged cells in the original are often unmerged either into smaller merged groups or into individual cells. Anyone have any idea what is going on here? ...

Distribution List Limits
Hi, I could find an answer to this for Outlook 2002 but not for Outlook 2003. Is the answer the same? We are using SBS 2003. The error is: "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. The new member could not be added." List was at 132 members. Not an Outlook question. These limits are set by the server, not Outlook. If your sever hasn't changed, then I imagine the limit is still the same. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paddy Ryan" <paddy@fpmt.org> wrote in message news:uOKDg0vaGHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

List Box Change Event
Hi, I have a list box and have the following code in the worksheet module: Private Sub MyListBox_Change() Sheets("Report").Select End Sub My list box is called MyListBox but when I select it nothing happens. All I want is to go to another sheet after the change occurs. The only thing I can think is the name of my list box is incorrect but it does show as MyListBox in the cell name drop down but it doesnt appear in the defined names. Using 2003. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance Martin What sort of ListBox is it, from the Forms to...

Make input in one column determine dropdown list in another.
Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by dropdown list) determine which (one of several) dropdown list is used in another column? Use a list formula of the type =OFFSET(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2),0,0,(COUNTA(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2))),1) where E1 is the first DD. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gettin-older" <gettin-older@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FF90B6B-F07F-402B-A042-E1B103C40EED@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by > dr...

How to create first sheet as a list of names of remaining sheets?
I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. Hi Datanull, You might look at David McRitchie's 'Build Table of Contents' page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm --- Regards, Norman <datanull@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1117217081.633053.269190@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the > list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. > or... My Excel add-in "Excel Extras" -Table o...

distribution lists sending out multiple mails
Hi, This a rather odd problem. My client has a distribution list setup with about 50 members. Sometimes when he sends an e-mail through the list some of the members receive 5 of the same e-mail. This does not happen to all of the members, only some of them. And the results are not consistent with everytime he sends an e-mail through the list. Just wondering if anyone has seen this. Possibly it's a problem on the recipients end. Any ideas? I am experiencing the same problem in Outlook 2003 with messages sen from a bcc list. Did you receive any answers that might be helpful t...

Send an email copy to folder
I store my work emails in folders assigning a folder for each customer I work with. When I send an email to a customer I wish to save a copy in the customer's folder for future reference. Is it possible to tell Outlook (2002) in the BCC field to post a copy to a specific folder? If not, is there any other way this can be achieved? Yes there is a way. In the options of the actual email, while you're composing it, there is an option to "save sent message to" and you can click a browse button to save the email in the folder of your choice. -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are th...

adress list
H Want to know if it's possible to hide the exchange alias from the adress list, only the alias nothing else and is it possible to set the maximum recipients to send to on a group, eg. have users that only should be allowed to mail 1 user a time I know that this can be done under exchange general for a single user, but I have 9000 users that need that restriction thanks in advance Joakim Larsso ...

Multiple recipients #2
When mailing to multiple recipients, I want only their name to appear, but once they print, keep each recipients' addresses blocked. How can this be done without sending to myself and all other recipients a BCC? Mail merge. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, stellar asked: | When mailing to multiple recipients, I want only their name to | appear, but once they print, keep ea...

Add Released MO to Item QTY at Smart List
Hi, Anybody know how can I add MO released Quantity on the Item QTY list at smart list. When I try to add the the coloum in, MO inforamtion is not avaiable for Item QTY list. Thank you! -- Lucy For this you will need Smartlist Builder and will need to add the MO tables to the Inventory quantity tables. A SQL View might be helpful. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Sunstream" wrote: > Hi, > > Anybody know how ca...