distribution lists duplicate emails

Is there a way that if a person is in multiple distribution lists that are
used in an email that they can receive the email only once and not 2 or 3
times if they are in different distribution lists?

0
rmwatrich (147)

Auto responder replying to wrong emails (Rules
My outlook 2007 is currently sending auto responses to the wrong email address... Ignore the spaces in between the email addresses...it seems to get filtered from the post. This is what's currently going on... - On the inbox, it has my emails with the name (John) next to their email subject. - When I open up johns email, it says its from 'WebsiteNameHere @ website.com on behalf of John [johnsemail @ domain.com]' Copying the "from:" and pasting it into notepad would give me this output - WebsiteNameHere @ website.com; on behalf of; John [johnsemail @ domain.com] - Wh...

Missing cash receipts distribution account
Recently the default cash account for a checkbook disappeared from the cash receipts distribution screen. After the cash receipt amount is entered, you can open the distributions screen and the A/R account (from the customer class) is there, but not the cash account. No changes to an individual customer, class or checkbook could make the cash line account field populate. I've run every reconcile and check links possble. Has anyone else seen this probelm? Make sure the customer and the class are set up to get the cash account from the checkbook and not from the customer. "...

Concatenate fields without duplicating data
I have two tables that I'm creating a query with. Table 1 has Agent field and Table 2 has product field. I'm linking the tables by a primary key. Table 1 has some product names in the Agent field (Commercial, Residential, Commercial & Residential). I would like to concatenate all of the three product names from the Agent field in Table 1 to the product field in Table 2. Table 2 may already have that particular product name in the product field, in this case I should not concatenate it. In any case, I will need to delete these three product names from the Age...

Changing Regarding Field in Email
Hi I keep getting the 'error invalid argument' when changing the regarding field on an email tracked in CRM. The only way I can do it is by deleting the email out of CRM, going into my Outlook sent items and selecting track in CRM all over again. Does anyone know whether this is the norm or not? -- SmokeyF I'm getting the same error. Please let me know if you find out how to fix this. "SmokeyF" wrote: > Hi > > I keep getting the 'error invalid argument' when changing the regarding > field on an email tracked in CRM. The only way I can do i...

locate duplicates by sing conditional formatting--doesn't work for
Anybody have an idea why I get an error message "Cannot use conditional formatting for arrays...constants..." when I try to set up the conditional formatting in the first cell in the row I'll be searching for duplicate entries? I am following step by step the MS Assistance article's instructions for finding duplicates using the COUNTIF function. Perhaps there's a work-around or another way to find duplicate data within cells in a row (not duplicate records , though). Thanks. Post the formula that gives you the error -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pl...

Generating email message with Outlook 2003 and Word 2003
I am running the sample provided by MS Knowledge Base Article and I get the following error: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in Outlook Email with Word.exe Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The error is generated upon execution of the following line: //Automate the Outlook mail item. Outlook.MailItemClass mItem = (Outlook.MailItemClass) doc.MailEnvelope.Item; Any hints that you might have would be greatly appreciated. The full sample is provided below: using System; using System.Drawing; us...

"Rules" creating duplicate messages
I set up a "Junk" rule to filter spam. However, all the messages that get put in "Deleted Messages" or a "Junk" folder I created (I tried one first then the other) also get put in my "INBOX." That's exactly what I was trying to avoid and now I end up with 2 spam messages. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks! add stop processing to the end of each rule -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook...

email merge with excel spreadsheet
I wanted to conduct a little test and I did this: I created an Excel spreadsheet that consisted of four names, first and last separated by a comma and an email address for each name. I saved it and then tried to use it for an email merge. It was only sent to the first name on the list. Why? Don't know why. I did the same experiment and it worked for me. How are you setting up your page? You can only have one merge document on your screen, for example, a label. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Elizabet...

Email stuck in out box?
It says the outlook 2003 could not find the email server but it is in the account as email service outgoing http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ...

AllUser query-based Distribution Global
Hello All.. I have a question, I created a global group for all users in my organization using a query-based distribution global e-mail enabled group, now what I notice is that this created am extra e-mail for all my users with some digits, example: 1ekj32@domain.com and while this works fine for everyone sending to the all users group it changed all the users primary e-mail address from the correct e-mail address to the one with the number, so when users send e-mail out it actually goes out using the number@domain.com instead of username@domain.com. Now I could manually change the primary...

Criteria on Query based in a list of another Query
I have a Query Named: WODispatchLinkedtoExcel_QueryCurr and I have many datas on it, and a column named [Planner] also I have another query named: Query_ActivePlanners and a column named [Planner_Code] where it shows Planner Code availables.. What I want is to show in the first query only those datas which the value is in Query_ActivePlanners I have this criteria.. WHERE ((lbl_PlannerCodes.Planner_Code) Is Not Null)); but it shows all datas. please help Thanks -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician In WODispatchLinkedtoExcel_QueryCurr, use the Add Table dialog (toolbar) to add Query...

Single quotes surrounding email display name in Outllook 2003
I am posting again and hopping I can find a solution, if there is one for this issue. >> I have a small issue with Outlook 2003 where any email I send to a >> person which is not in my Contacts list, it displays single quotes >> surrounding the email display name in Sent Items folder. Thanks to the group, Traian "Traian Nemes" <traian_nemes@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:egpyZAz$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > It's not doing it all the time, and when I group by display name I do see > two groups, one with the quotes and one without f...

Name could not be matched to a name in the address list
Hi, I've been trying to setup an user on outlook 2000 but everytime I click on the check name it comes up with the above error. I have tried Q274668 and Q322832 with no joy. The client is on w2k pro, the server is exchange 2003 SP2 with a w2k3 DC server. The user account can logon to OWA and the network okay. I have tried his account on another machine with no joy either. Every other user is working ok except this account. Help please? Lyj Have you seen this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "lyj_e1" <lyje1@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Duplicates & Blanks
Win xp home w/sp2, office 2003 pro (all updates downloaded), Zone Alarm Free, AVG anti virus/ Almost every email I get comes in duplicates! Now I KNOW I'm doing something wrong, because this is a clean install on a new computer. Was using EXACT same configuration on old machine and got no duplicates (except from one server). Obviously in 'set up process' I checked something wrong, yet haven't been able to find it! I need to fix this immediately, and NO, do not want to PAY for a third party (unknown) add in to do it. Which is what you get referred too when you search help...

Outlook 2003 public folder access, show this folder as an email address book issues
Hi All..... I ran into these problems at work. I found some leads on the other postings that has helped. Sorry If I'm repeating something that is already covered, (Expired posts??). Owner has: Windows XP Pro Outlook 2003 accessing Exchange Server 2003 on Windows 2003 Server --------------------------- Owner is trying to share nested public folders contacts/calendars with other people using outlook 2000, 98. User permissions are set on the client and the server so the users have access to these public contact folders. This has worked when he has Outlook 2000 but not 2003. -----------...

Can I restrict SMTP out to a set of email addresses
Exchange 2003, Is it possible to restrict a group of, or all, users from sending mail to any address except a specified set of addresses/domains. If you only want all mail to be sent to certain domains, than install an SMTP Connector and on the Address Space tab enter the domains you want to allow. If a message is sent to a domain that is not on the Address Space tab, then the messages will sit in the "Messages with unreachable destination" queue where they will eventually time out and a Non Delivery Report will be sent back to the originator. With restricting groups you'...

Exporting Contact List
I'm trying export our Contact List out of CRM and into Excel. Since I want to adjust the column headings, I've selected Dynamic Worksheet, Edit Columns, made my adjustments, selected 'Ok', selected 'Export'. It asks me if I want to open or save my file. I say Open. Here's where I get an error message: "The file you are trying to open, 'Active_Contacts[1].xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file ...

Access 2000, How can I get the REAL email address?
Hi Everbody Access 2000, Windows XP, Outlook 2000, When I open my database it is set to attach to my Outlook 2000 Inbox. So far so good..... The attaching procedure works OK and I am able to see my Outlook 2000 Inbox........Which I can view as a table, within my Access 2000 database. I want to be able to see the email address in the "FROM" field. The problem with this is that very few people have their email address viewable in the "FROM" field.............usually just a shortened version of their personal name.............However the real email is underneath and if yo...

now on broadband, no known sent emails received, setup change?
I am using outlook 2003 which was working Ok. I have now gone on to broadband (last three weeks)and have not received any emails at all, evan emails that I know that has been sent to my new adress. When setting up the broadband, the new user name was added to outlook. Is there any other settings I need to change for broadband? Cannot find any help in the 'Help' section. contact your service provider to see what their email settings are. "clarrie" <clarrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA4384D1-9676-4003-BC7D-5423A0CB3634@microsoft.com... >I ...

Long publisher page (33") sent as email and problem w/ MS2007 Outl
I have a Publisher 2007 newsletter that is 8.5x33". I do the "send as message" option. The enewsletter looks fine in my web-based email reader (NetZero). However, in Outlook, it chops the newsletter in two. The first ~17" are fine, then a large white gap (~10"), then the rest of the newsletter. Is this a Publisher or Outlook problem. Is there a fix for long newsletters? I tried "select all" and "paste" into Word, but that only lets you change page length to 22". I also tried "select all" and "paste" into a ne...

combine row and the delete duplicates
combine duplicates clmns then delete duplicate Customer 2000sales 2001 Sales 2002 sales Joe Smith $200.00 Joe Smith $300.00 Joe Smith $250.00 Kip Tucker $100.00 Kip Tucker $175.00 Kip Tucker $225.00 I need to combine these on to one row but leave them under the appropriate year and then delete the duplicate names My post doesn't show it but the values should be under each year I want the results too look like this Customer 2000sales ...

Can't delete email in Outbox
Outlook 2002: Can't delete an email in Outbox. Can't open the item. Message: The MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting this message. Hi Ive got exactly the same prob, but no answers yet >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2002: Can't delete an email in Outbox. Can't >open the item. Message: The MAPI Spooler has already >begun transmitting this message. >. > Ive had a reply see 19 feb 2:16 message Not tried it yet good luck >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2002: Can't delete an email in Outbox. Can't >open the item...

Multiple worksheets & duplicating formula
I have 35 worksheets; one w/s for each volunteer Each w/s has the exact document to capture the number of hours a volunteers works and the type of service they perform (ex: office work, patient care). I created a work sheet listing the name of each vol (running vertically) and a row of cells (horizontially) to capture the total for each month for each vol. How do I change the formula to between w/s without having to do the = sign for each cell from all worksheets? I'm using Excel 2003 Thank you for saving my mind from exploding! Jackie Experiment with the Indirect function, yo...

Outlook 2000 deletes emails when printed.
Help. When I print an email, it goes away. I can't find a setting that deletes emails when printed. Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help. When I print an email, it goes away. I can't find > a setting that deletes emails when printed. Are you sure they've been deleted and not just hidden because of your view settings? Check View>Current View>Messages -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, a...

Emailing from Word fails unless Outlook is already open
I am using Outlook 98, Internet Mail only. I am not on a network. OS is Win 98SE For awhile now, when I attempt to use MAPI (“Send To Mail Recipient”) to email documents directly from Word 97, it still works fine *if* Outlook is already open. But if Outlook is closed, I now get the following series of errors when I click the Send button after composing the email OUTLOOK: This Program Has Caused an Illegal Operation and Will Be Shut Down - Details: Outlook caused an invalid page fault in module MSO97.DLL� Then MICROSOFT EXCHANGE: The action could not be completed Then MICROSOFT WORD: ...