Distribution List Permission Denied to Owner

Running XP Pro on the desktop and Exchange 2003/Server
2000 in the back office with Powerfuse for desktop
management.

I am having trouble with giving ownership of public
distribution lists to users on our standard imaged
machines. Users on those machines are denied permssion to
make changes to groups.

However, the same user on a non-imaged machine (no
PowerFuse, either) do not get this error message.

Any ideas?

t.
0
anonymous (74722)

This will happen if Exchange refers Outlook to a GC outside of clients own
domain. Search for "closest gc" or "ClosestGC" keywords and implement a GPO
to assign this registry override.

Baris.

"tru" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running XP Pro on the desktop and Exchange 2003/Server
> 2000 in the back office with Powerfuse for desktop
> management.
>
> I am having trouble with giving ownership of public
> distribution lists to users on our standard imaged
> machines. Users on those machines are denied permssion to
> make changes to groups.
>
> However, the same user on a non-imaged machine (no
> PowerFuse, either) do not get this error message.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> t.

0
barise (94)

Problem with IMF and Safe sender list
I don't know where can I create a Safe sender list that affect to all the users in the Exchange Organization ? Could you help me ? Thanks in advance Safe Sender list at the mailbox level does not operate at the SCL threshold set at the Gateway level. Safe Sender is only applicable to the mailbox SCL threshold. The link from the document provided by Microsoft states the following. http://www.nemx.com/products/powertools/ExchangeIMF.asp =====From the Microsoft Exchange IMF Deployment Guide===== "An administrator sets two thresholds that determine ho...

Split Form with need to Provide Selection List
We have an Access 2007 application that has a split form (built on Table-1). We now need to add some type of facility that will allow our users to view data from Table-2 (while working on the Split form based on Table-1). They will then select one row from Table-2 which will contain 6 fields which we need to plug into Table-1. We are still fairly new to Access and we are not sure of the best way to accomplish this task. Thank You, Brad ...

Importing Item List for the first time
We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS Retail Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into MS POS. -- Dan Hausbeck Dan, Easiest is to upgrade to QB 2003 or higher. Then follow these instructions; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836444 Otherwise, does 2002 give you the ability to export a report to Excel? If so, create a report of your inventory items, export to an Excel file and then use the unsupported RMS Import Utility, again in CustomerSource. I think you are going to _have_ to upda...

Distribution Lists residing on exchange servers
Hi All, I am trying to export distribution lists in Outlook 2003 to load onto another comupter that is on another domain. Here is the scenario: Computer A is on domain 1. Network migration occurs. Computer A is now on domain 2. I want to take the GAL from domain 1, and put it into their outlook on domain 2 (I don't need it to be updated). The two domains are totally seperate from each other... (i do not own domain 1, i DO own domain 2). I've tried several methods like creating a new data file copying info to it, then opening the file in the other domain. I have been unsuccessfu...

two Global Address Lists
Is it possible to have one exchange 2003 server with two Global address lists? I have two companies with two different domains running off of one Exchange 2003 server and i want two Global address lists. I have created two Global address lists but they do not show up for some reason. Anyone know why? See the article: 822940 How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822940 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >Fro...

Validation list based on criteria
Hi I want to create a data validation list based on certain conditions. Let me try to explain by example. A1 = oranges B1 = oranges A2 = apples B2 = no record A3 = pears B3 = pears A4 = pears B4 = pears A5 = grapes B5 = grapes A6 = apples B6 = no record B:B value is based on a relative formula determined by the value in A A:A can have duplicate values I want to create a validation list based on B:B where the formula result is “no record” The list needs to be populated with the relative value in A For example: Since B2 and B6 = “no record” then the validat...

Lotus Notes has an All Documents list
Just moved from Lotus Notes which has a feature which gives a view of all documents received and sent which is very helpful if you have a document that has gone in the wrong folder or you need to check if it was ever received/sent. Does Outlook have a similar feature? Well, you could create a search folder that showed all items with attachments. That sounds pretty close to what you're asking for. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ...

Showing list of range names available for formulas??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I know this MUST be possible in Excel...but I can't seem to find it. I have named ranges. I am entering a formula and want to refer to a range name. I don't remember exactly what I called it, or it has a long name that I don't want to have to type. Can't I use some sort of function key to just show a list of the available named ranges, so that I can point to the one I want? In excel for windows, we used a function key (can't recall which one). <br> Thanks, <br> hjd Rev...

v2003 XML Map, Enumeration to drop-down list
I have XSD files with enumerations to constrain the value of specific elements. I want to use Excel to enter data using the XSD. When I apply the XSD as an XML Map I can assign a cell to each element and create a List which will get exported as an XML document. All good so far. For the cells that are constrained, if I don't enter a proper enumerated value into a cell, when I export I get a message like this: 'element' violates enumeration constraint of 'a b c d e'. The element {URIpath}Name with value 'foo' failed to parse. If I ensure that I enter correct case-...

Making a list of all persons in a table in a corresponding form.
Hi all, In a database of mine I have a table containing persons' name, address and so on. In the corresponding form I have of course all the fields where the users put in the data. In this form I want to have a list showing all the persons in the table as well, so that the users can click the right person in the list and have his or her data filled into the fields. I have tried to make a table form from the same table and include it as a subform. This, however, was not successful because the subform only showed the person in focus in the form, not all the persons in the table. Also...

Open with list
I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not have iTunes. No big deal, I could select iTunes from my Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to that list? Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithadd.htm ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:43:59 -0600, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: >I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed th...

Retain drop down lists in Excel when saved as HTML
We are using MS Excel 2007. We have a spreadsheet which uses drop down lists (implemented using the standard method - validation referencing a named list). We want to save it in Excel-based HTML format so that a user can click directly on the file name in a SharePoint list and it will open directly in IE (rather than having to open the Exel file. This also works when you embed the hyperlink to the Excel-based web page in a standard SharePoint workspace page. If the user wants to edit the file they still have to go in via SharePoint and select the "Edit using MS Excel&...

I want to send autom fax using a distribution list
I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in Honduras. All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't recognize that list. What can I do? You can start by not multiposting. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JLG" <JLG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7BFC16-71A5-4800-A36C-000E85163913@microsoft.com... >I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in >Honduras. > All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't > recognize that list. What can...

What is differeence in opening a feature from the Outlook Bar or Folder List
in Outlook 2002. Seems extremely redundant. TIA normc wrote: > in Outlook 2002. > > Seems extremely redundant. > > TIA > I just noticed that one can also open some of the features from VIEW | GO TO, but the set available is not the same as in the Outlook Bar or the Folder List sets. Is this some kind of reduncancy again? TIA Nothing. Some people prefer to keep the Folder List visible, others the Outlook Bar. You choose which you prefer. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, a...

Displaying a List of All VBA Procedures in Excel 2007 fromthe Ribb
How can I make this available to any workbook. For instance, I have a system running and it has around 280 modules. you might see the code at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd890502(office.11).aspx or bellow: Option Explicit Private Sub btnClose_Click() Unload Me End Sub Private Sub btnList_Click() ' Declare variables to access the Excel 2007 workbook. Dim objXLApp As Excel.Application Dim objXLWorkbooks As Excel.Workbooks Dim objXLABC As Excel.Workbook ' Declare variables to access the macros in the workbook. Dim VBAEditor ...

Merge & Sort Dynamic Lists w/ Data Validation
First off, let me say thanks to the Excel Usenet community that has helped me over and over through these newsgroups. You are phenomenal. Question 1: I need to create a BOTH box that will dynamically pull names from both the "Chicago Office" & "Seattle Office" columns in my sheet. It is extremely preferable to do this without VB Script if possible to avoid the security warnings on opening the sheet. (Our IT department will not budge on this..) Detail: I have two lists of employees. Column A lists the Chicago Office employees. Column B lists the Seattle Office employee...

multiple dependent drop down lists
Hi, I am trying to implement multiple cascading drop down lists. I have two worksheets: a user one (with the dropdown lists and data tobe displayed) and a master one (with variables and data). on the master sheet, variables may be identical in a column but combination of all variables in a row is unique. Here's an example of my data worksheet (I use non standard characters and spaces in each column) var1 var2 var3 data1 data2 data3 A AA AAA 1 2 3 A AA BBB 4 5 6 A BB AAA 7 8 9 B BB AAA 10 11 12 B BB BBB 13...

Up/down arrows don't work with data validation list/in-cell dropdown
I have a number of worksheets where I use the in-cell dropdown (from list) function of data validation. When I open the list by either clicking on the drop down button or by pressing Alt-Down arrow, the only way I can move through the list is to grab the scroll bar itself and move it down. The up and down buttons do not function nor does clicking in the open space just above or below the scroll bar. Any ideas as to what is causing this? David Jones David, I just set up an entire column with Data Validation with List. I used 39 entries in the list. The up/down buttons are working as they ...

How do I unpin an item from the list?
In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the name I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why is this happening, and how can I correct it? I am using Win7 Professional. "Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F370AAFF-607C-4816-AA0E-A53A944CB026@microsoft.com... > In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the > name > I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why > is > this happening, and how can I correct it? &g...

Distribution List Auto Respond
Hello all, Do any of you know of a way to have Exchange auto respond to messages sent to a distribution list? I do not want to turn on the Send Out-of-Office Messaegs to originator option on because all of the members will have their own OOF messages set up during our Holiday Closure (1 week). The desire is that when people send a message to our Help Desk DL during our closure they would receive a message in return stating that we are closed for the holidays. Thanks for any help with this. Mike Seattle Pacific University You may have to remove everyone from the DL except a temp user wi...

Access Denied when connecting to CRM 1.0
Hi, When accessing the MS CRM 1.0 Server I am always receiving the 401.3 error, access denied/unauthorised to access this resource etc... I am a domain user on a computer connected to the domain (SBS2003 with CRM running on a Win2K Server). IIS 5 is configured for Windows Authentication only and the web page is prompting for a username and password but failing for my domain user account however it succeeds for the domain administrator account. I have an MSDN edition of CRM and have licensed it successfully using the MSDN Subscriber Organisation etc. I am registered in the CRM as a user with ...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

oppertunity owner changes when account owner changes
Hello, I have a problem with one of the relations in CRM I found out that when you change the owner of an account, all the oppertunity's that are beneath it also change from owner. Is there a way to keep the owner of the oppertunity? Maybe with an extra field or somehing? thanx Hi There i would check the relationship types between the account and the oppotunities, you need to take cascading off, this will allow you to change over the account and leave the oppotunities. -- http://halo9.co.uk/blog "Geert ten Napel" wrote: > Hello, I have a problem with one of the re...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

normal distribution and/or standard deviation
Is there an easy way that I can create a chart for a normal distribution and/or input data so that a chart includes one standard deviation above and below a specific number? (I have the exact numbers of the mean and what one standard deviation is... just trying to figure out how to set this up in excel to easily create a chart.) thanks in advance!! colettey29 - If you want a chart of the normal density function (bell-shaped curve) with vertical lines to indicate the one-standard-deviation range, one way is to enter x values in a column on the left with NORMDIST values in a column on...