Distribution List Max Number of Recipients

Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

"L. Wagoner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5?

It's somewhere in the vicinity of 5,000.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

make a distribution list from a named category(in contact list)
I've created a category name from certain contacts...can I use that category name to directly create a distribution list? What happens now is when I'm adding to the dist. list, the contact list shows up, but the category "field" doesn't show up in the list, so its hard to remember which contact is in which category. Thanks -David If you are using categories, why be redundant and use a DL? Drag the category to your inbox and your distribution is set. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited m...

in printing a word( 2007) document, the number 2 is missing
Using Microsoft 2007 and printer is HP Laserjet 2200D. On all pages, the number 2 does not print. Does the problem go away if you choose a different font? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "gsw" <gsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C05E0B-CB3C-4667-90A6-306B1D9FA711@microsoft.com... > Using Microsoft 2007 and printer is HP Laserjet 2200D. On all pages, the > number 2 does not print. ...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

App: excel.exe (pid=1612) Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)
Can anyone tell me why or how to correct the error I am consistentl getting (see below) Application exception occurred: App: excel.exe (pid=1612) When: 12/18/2003 @ 08:44:24.656 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) I have rebooted, removed/reinstalled MSOFFICE 2000 and I am stil getting this error. You can see the error that Dr.Watson reported b viewing the attachment. Please email me at JJOHNSON@SALLIEMAE.COM i you can assist. THANKS Attachment filename: application exception occurred.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=38578 -- Messa...

Sorting a List #2
Hi, In column A I have a list of dollar values. $40 $-30 $10 $0 $0 $120 What I would like to do is in column B put a ranking 1through whatever corresponding to their dollar value so it would look like this: $40 2 $-30 6 $10 3 $0 4 $0 4 $120 1 I hope I explained it well. In other words, in column B, they are sorted according to rank right where they stand. $120 is number 1. $-30 is number 6, etc. Thanks, Tom In B1: =rank(a1,$a$1:$a$6) and copy down to B6 Tom G wrote: > > Hi, > > In column A I have a list of dollar values. > > $40 > $-30 &...

Value list
i need help with making value lists in excel so that i can make my data base consistant with the data i am entering That's not much to go on. What is a value list? And what constitutes making your database consistent with the data you are entering? Post back and explain in detail what you have, what you want to do, and what you want to happen. Some examples are always good. HTH Otto "Maint Girl" <Maint Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EDE3701-B704-4BE8-B449-58662FDCB495@microsoft.com... > i need help with making value lists in ...

Can you sort on the number of messages in thread?
Hi all, When you have your mail grouped on a field, is it then possible to sort on the number of messages in a thread. So threads with only 1 message will be on top en threads with more messages will appear lower. Hope this is possible..... All the best (this might be a solution to my previous question in another yet unanswered thread about filtering messages that are replied to) extra info: the version xp (but 2003 options are ok too) Best, Bert As far as I know, that's not an option "plurker" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message news:11ffe8fgqvmbc88@corp.su...

How to Add page numbers to a excel spreadsheet?
-- redhead Page numbers are printed in the header or footer of a worksheet. On the File menu, choose Page Setup. On the Header/Footer tab, use a predefined header or footer from the dropdowns, or design a custom one. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ redhead101863 wrote: ...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

contacts appear as deleted in my list when they didn't delete me
I have this situation come up every once in a while is anyone else experiencing this? and what is causing the miss labeling? -- Four Generations Of Trust And Betrayal...One Legacy Skywolfe Hi Skywolfe, Just to confirm, how are you identifying them as being deleted? -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation -- "Rage Skywolfe"...

HR version number not updating after installing SP
Hello, We upgraded Great Plains & Human resources to 8.0 & also installed SP2. After the SP2, The Great Plains version number has properly updated to 8.00g34 but the HR version still says 8.00.7 instead of 8.00.10 on the server & other wrkstations. This was not a problem. The HR modified reports all upgraded fine & all workstations are able to run the modified HR reports except one wrkstn. This one wrkstn. has properly updated the HR version number to 8.00.10. When we try to run an HR report from this wrkstn, it says that the dictionary is not found. The reports need to ...

How do I get the weeks numbered?
I need to create worksheets for the managers at my job and I need to list the work weeks by numbers. Example April 4 - April 10 was the 15th week of the year, I need to know how to get the numbered week on my calender. Tools-> Options-> Calendar Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "smwhiten" <smwhiten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92478EC4-CB77-4329-B6A8-F2BA1D4034B9@microsoft.com... &g...

How do I set up number eg 2000 to word two thousand in excel?
I need to convert numbers in excel to words Eg 2,200 Two thousand and two hundred dollars Here is the code to create the function: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213360 "Lawrence" <Lawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82B59144-57C1-4C42-87B9-42D23D0858E5@microsoft.com... >I need to convert numbers in excel to words > > Eg 2,200 > > Two thousand and two hundred dollars Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lawrence" <Lawrence@discussions.microsoft.com...

Populate text boxes from a list box
Hi, I have a form with text and combo boxes where user enters data. After saving, a list box in another form is being populated, and all that works just fine. What i wanted to do next is to enable users to open one set of data from the list box (one row of data) in that form with text and combo boxes. I tried and tried but either i manage to open that form in add mode where all fields are blank, or i manage to open the form with data from the list box, but always positioned on the first data in the list box. I have been trying for a while so it could be possible that i am missing...

Folders list
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Folders list has to be re-opened manually on startup from the Views menu every time. This problem is identical to one discussed in a string that ended last May without a solution. This started happening on both my computer - a new iMac - and on my wife's, a Macbook purchased last May. (The problem showed up first on hers; mine started a few weeks later.) Both computers are running Snow Leopard. Has anyone figured this out? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------------...

Count Consecutive string of same number
Hi, I would like to find a formula that will give me the largest consecutive sting of numbers out of a list. Here is an example of the list (A1:A10000): this answer is 3. A 1 1 blank 1 blank 1 1 1 Thanks! Are the numbers to count *really* 1s? So, you want to find the longest streak of contiguous consecutive 1s? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:949CCD02-18BB-408F-829B-F812C951D5E2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I would like to find a formula that will give me the largest consecutiv...

Mailing lists
I would like to creat a mailing list, so I can keep my customers up to date on events and sales. Please help. Carol @Country Morning Livermore, Ca. sunni2003 wrote: > I would like to creat a mailing list, so I can keep my customers up to date on events and sales. Please help. > Carol @Country Morning > Livermore, Ca. > How many addies have you collected? just wondering (if I get a response hahaha) FYI ask Vanna for "another E" Tools, Mail & Catalog merge, create address list. If you have 2000 it is on the toolbar as "Mail Merge." -- Mary Sauer M...

This item has exceeded the budget for account number.
Hello, I am getting a recurring error message which prevents a user from entering in an expense into eReq because the system considers the account over budget, when in fact it is not. To correct the error, the origin of which we are still uncertain, we were instructed to run File/Maintenance/PO Enhancements/Reconcile. We received this message several times today and ran the utility which did not have any impact on the situation- the error message continues to pop up (i.e., for 53300-1650-000 Finance Office Supplies). The exact error message is: This item has exceeded the budget for...

Recipient Policy based on OU?
Read through a few posts and searched a bit on how to set up a Recipient Policy based on a users OU and not having a lot of luck. This is what I do: 1) ESM 2) New recipient policy (email property pages only) 3) Name it 4) Modify 5) Change the find to "Organizational Unit" and choose Find Now 6) Select the OU(s) I want, hit OK 7) Brings me back to the General tab and the filter rules are always (&(ou>="")) 8) Tried putting the exact name in the Find field and get (&(ou>="")(name=MyOU*)) but never seems to do anything. What am I missing? I ...

Dropdown List #2
How do I create a dropdown list in a cel?? Thanks Check out Debra Dalgleish's web page on how to use data validation to create such a list:: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Surf" <capwrapido@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:232a301c45e1e$c9b727b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... How do I create a dropdown list in a cel?? Thanks ...

Distributions
I have an issue with purchase order receipt distributions not calculating correctly. Here's a summary of the situation: GP Dynamics 9.0 Manufacturing is installed and we purchase and make the same items. We use standard costing with FIFO periodic valuation. The item with the problem is an item we make and we also purchase from Germany in Euros. The PO is setup to purchase the inventory in Euros for a specified amount. This amount is lower than our standard cost (standard cost is our cost to make the inventory via a BOM and Routings). When we receive the inventory, inventory is debi...

I put all addresses into dist. lists & want them back in contacts
In Outlook 2007, I created two distribution lists using all of my contacts, and then deleted all addresses from the address book contacts list. I thought I could still send individual messages to members of the distribution lists, but have not been able to do so. I think I need to reinstate all addresses to the contacts list but don't know how to do that. Turns out I don't really need the distribution lists after all -- I just want to be able to send email messages to individual contacts again, as it was before I created the two distribution lists. PLEASE HELP! Thank...

IM-pullling lot numbers
Hi Folks GP ver 10 SP 3 and IM 10.00.1221. When the stock was booked in, GP created 2 Lot Numbers where the 2nd lot had a qty of 1. I now need to inegrate negative variances and I need to do a negative on Lot Number 123 for Site ID 00-MAIN for a qty of 4 and then I need to do a second line for the same Lot Number 123 for Site ID 00-Main for a qty of 1. My problem is that I have to force the system to NOT pick up the Lot Number where the qty available is only 1 when I am trying to do the line for the negative qty of 4 (that seems to be what is happening and my IM is failing all the...

Global adress list
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. I created a new global address list and add users to it. I modify the default address list with adsiedit and excluded users that I added to my new gal. I did'nt change ACL on both gals so everyone is able to see them but each account is part only of one of the two gals. When I preview the two gals within exchange or active directory, all accounts are parts of their own gal. When I want to configure Outlook with a user that is part of my new GAL, it does'nt work. Outlook cannot find the account. It would be normal if this accoun...

User Periodically Disappears from Distribution List
I've had this happen twice now to the same user. I have a Security group setup with an exchange address attached. I use this for granting security while adding them to a general Distribution list for ease. Well occasionaly one user simply disappears from the list and is not shown and does not recieve Email's sent via that distribution list. To fix it so far, The only thing i've done is switch the primary group of the user and he reappears in the group. If I try to add him to the list via Outlook address book, which I am the owner of, it says I cannot add. Any Ideas on th...