Distribution List error #2

I have Exchange running as part of a Small Biz Server.
When we try to create a DL of external address's (like 180 addresses) we get
an error saying that we have exceeded the max size of the DL.

I can't find anything that provides any indication of a limit such as this.

Thanks again,

Mark Semans

0
ocnmark (3)

180 certainly isn't the limit of a multi-valued attribute in AD.... Did you
try creating another DL to confirm it wasn't specific to that particular
object?
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"mark semans" <ocnmark@michonline.net> wrote in message
>I have Exchange running as part of a Small Biz Server.
> When we try to create a DL of external address's (like 180 addresses) we
> get an error saying that we have exceeded the max size of the DL.
>
> I can't find anything that provides any indication of a limit such as
> this.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Mark Semans

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/17/2006 12:41:08 AM
I retried from my account to create a list with 268 external addresses.
I get: "This distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network
e-mail server.  No new members could be added"

I have SBS R1, but have upgraded to Exchange 6.5 and using Outlook2003 to
create the list.

mark

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> 180 certainly isn't the limit of a multi-valued attribute in AD.... Did
> you try creating another DL to confirm it wasn't specific to that
> particular object?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "mark semans" <ocnmark@michonline.net> wrote in message
>>I have Exchange running as part of a Small Biz Server.
>> When we try to create a DL of external address's (like 180 addresses) we
>> get an error saying that we have exceeded the max size of the DL.
>>
>> I can't find anything that provides any indication of a limit such as
>> this.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Mark Semans

0
ocnmark (3)
11/17/2006 1:30:54 AM
So it's an Outlook list, not a Distribution Group in Active Directory?
--

>I retried from my account to create a list with 268 external addresses.
> I get: "This distribution list has reached the maximum size for your
> network e-mail server.  No new members could be added"
>
> I have SBS R1, but have upgraded to Exchange 6.5 and using Outlook2003 to
> create the list.
>
> mark
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>> 180 certainly isn't the limit of a multi-valued attribute in AD.... Did
>> you try creating another DL to confirm it wasn't specific to that
>> particular object?
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "mark semans" <ocnmark@michonline.net> wrote in message
>>>I have Exchange running as part of a Small Biz Server.
>>> When we try to create a DL of external address's (like 180 addresses) we
>>> get an error saying that we have exceeded the max size of the DL.
>>>
>>> I can't find anything that provides any indication of a limit such as
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Thanks again,
>>>
>>> Mark Semans

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/17/2006 2:12:50 AM
No.  for AD I would have to create Users for each address, along with
licenses.
These are all external emails, not users within the system.
First SBS server, so forgive my ignorance on some of this.

When we had no Exchange server (just Outlook directly to a ISP POP3 account)
this same user had this same list, no problems.
So..when I connected her to the Exchange server, and this problem arose, I
connected it with something to do with the Exchange server.

> So it's an Outlook list, not a Distribution Group in Active Directory?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "mark semans" <ocnmark@michonline.net> wrote in message
>>I retried from my account to create a list with 268 external addresses.
>> I get: "This distribution list has reached the maximum size for your
>> network e-mail server.  No new members could be added"
>>
>> I have SBS R1, but have upgraded to Exchange 6.5 and using Outlook2003 to
>> create the list.
>>
>> mark
>>
>> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>>> 180 certainly isn't the limit of a multi-valued attribute in AD.... Did
>>> you try creating another DL to confirm it wasn't specific to that
>>> particular object?
>>> --
>>> Bharat Suneja
>>> MVP - Exchange
>>> www.zenprise.com
>>> NEW blog location:
>>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>>

>>> "mark semans" <ocnmark@michonline.net> wrote in message

0
ocnmark (3)
11/17/2006 2:37:41 AM
You do not need to create mail-enabled or mailbox-enabled user accounts for
each external email address - you can simply create Contacts, and add these
to a Distribution Group. This does not have any licensing implications.

--

> No.  for AD I would have to create Users for each address, along with
> licenses.
> These are all external emails, not users within the system.
> First SBS server, so forgive my ignorance on some of this.
>
> When we had no Exchange server (just Outlook directly to a ISP POP3
> account) this same user had this same list, no problems.
> So..when I connected her to the Exchange server, and this problem arose, I
> connected it with something to do with the Exchange server.
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>> So it's an Outlook list, not a Distribution Group in Active Directory?
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "mark semans" <ocnmark@michonline.net> wrote in message
>>>I retried from my account to create a list with 268 external addresses.
>>> I get: "This distribution list has reached the maximum size for your
>>> network e-mail server.  No new members could be added"
>>>
>>> I have SBS R1, but have upgraded to Exchange 6.5 and using Outlook2003
>>> to create the list.
>>>
>>> mark
>>>
>>> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

Refresh folder list, Windws Mail
Been trying all night to fix. I can send mail but cannot receive Gmail thru Wndows Mail. I tried not synching, etc. Error reads: COULD NOT SELECT (GMAIL) ON THE IMAP SERVER. YOU MIGHT TRY REFRESHING YOUR FOLDER LIST TO SYNCRONIZE WITH THE IMAP SERVER. Start here & double-check everything: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77696 -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com Red Stripe wrote: > Been trying all night to fix. I can send mail but cannot receive Gmail > thru > Wnd...

outlook contact list sync problem
And it happened again. AFter having changed the save as for each contact manually it worked fine for a couple of weeks and suddenly, its crewed up all again and shows, "Smith, Tom" in outlook, on ppc but funy with my sony ericsson phone stays correct. nobody else having this kind of problems? -------- hello, I've been using Outlook for quite some time and it worked fine. My set-up: At work an english Outlook 2002 At home a german Outlook 2000 To sync I use an IPAQ PPC with Active Sync 3.7 I've now installed bluetooth support and sync even with my SE mobile phone wit...

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

Errors saving to network drive

correct total column in filtered list
Dear friends, I have a list(table in 2007) as bellow Serial ItemCode Import Export Remain 1 10 20 20 2 20 10 10 3 10 30 40 4 30 10 50 5 20 20 30 note how last column (remain) is calculated (remain=up remain+import-expor) if i filter (itemcode) for 10 the remain column value not calculated on new condition (correct ...

Using rules wizard to send to a list of emails addys in BCC
i need to setup an automatic mailing of a newsletter that i receive, to be forwarded to a list of emails addresses, where the emails are inserted into the BCC line, and not the TO line. I do not want my clients to see each other's emails. thanks! No, natively you can't. Even when you use a template to reply with and fill in the BCC field it won't work. It is even worse this way; the rule gets deactivated completely. But programmatically it is possible although not supported by Microsoft. For more info; http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autobcc.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [M...

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

Error loading XML into DataSet

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...