Distribution List Auto Respond

Hello all,
Do any of you know of a way to have Exchange auto respond to messages
sent to a distribution list?  I do not want to turn on the Send
Out-of-Office Messaegs to originator option on because all of the
members will have their own OOF messages set up during our Holiday
Closure (1 week).  The desire is that when people send a message to our
Help Desk DL during our closure they would receive a message in return
stating that we are closed for the holidays.  Thanks for any help with
this.

Mike
Seattle Pacific University

0
recuerda (3)

You may have to remove everyone from the DL except a temp user with out of
office set.

If its only smtp, you could create a dummy DL with a temp user in it with
the SMTP address of your normal DL. Then just remove the DL and change back
the SMTP address when you get back.

"recuerda@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hello all,
> Do any of you know of a way to have Exchange auto respond to messages
> sent to a distribution list?  I do not want to turn on the Send
> Out-of-Office Messaegs to originator option on because all of the
> members will have their own OOF messages set up during our Holiday
> Closure (1 week).  The desire is that when people send a message to our
> Help Desk DL during our closure they would receive a message in return
> stating that we are closed for the holidays.  Thanks for any help with
> this.
>
> Mike
> Seattle Pacific University

any way to auto save attachments sent to a specific mailbox?
I'm trying to use exchange explorer and use a vbs script but cannot find instructions on how to do it. it keeps telling me I need to register it with CDO, which I don't know how to do. is there a easier way? Thanks in advance. --Mike On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:34:02 -0800, nccmike <nccmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to use exchange explorer and use a vbs script but cannot find >instructions on how to do it. it keeps telling me I need to register it with >CDO, which I don't know how to do. > >is there a easier way? > >Thanks in a...

Help with auto fill and formulae
I want Excel to auto-fill formulas where the cell references increment. For example: I fill in the first three cells with: =A5 =A10 =A15 Then I select them all and using the auto fill handle drag down over the next three cells. What I want them to say is: =A20 =A25 =A30 But what they actually say is: =A8 =A13 =A18 Does anyone know how to remedy this? I am using Excel 2003. Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi one way: enter the following formula in your first cell (e.g. in cell B1): =INDIRECT("A" & ROW()*5) copy this down another formula for ...

POP3 server not responding
What could be causing my POP3 server to not respond. I have other computers set up the exact same as this computer and they get e-mail. This computer's Windows Mail gets hung up with POP3 server not responding. Kenny Crystal Ball is out of Commission today. What is the error message that is showing. Post it as per verbatim to receive help -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Kenny-G" <Kenny-G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F77DCA7D-1...

How do I access auto text in Publisher
I am creating a newsletter and the temp;late includes text fields that show the volume, issue and date. How do I access and change this data? Click on the text box? Are you having problems doing this? If you want to insert the date, click the date text box, on the toolbar, insert, date and time. The volume and issue you will have to do manually. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joes" <Joes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D527F949-C190-4437-8B84-8B2AE1DAA9A5@microsoft.com... >I am c...

Reusable Database connection for Combo Box, list box and other query
I have an app that is database driven and there are many times where I need to make queries out to the database to populate Combo Boxes and List boxes. In my current code, I have to explicitly set the code to populate the combo box based on the result set. Is there a way where I can get a handle to a result set, pass that to a function that parses the resultset and populates the combo box? I know in Java and other OO languages you have an abstraction to the database where you can pass around objects for manipulation but in Excel VB I'm not sure how one would do this. Any idea? On Jul 22...

symbol in a drop down list HELP!!!!!!
hi all well i want to create a drop down list and some of my selections have a "symbol" eg R but when i go use the drop down all i get is R or U anything BUT the symbol what do i do to make it show the symbol HELP regards mitch You must format the font in the dropdown cell to a font that will give you the symbols you want. Maybe Wingdings or similar. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:49:14 +0800, "mc" <mc@webbazz> wrote: >hi all >well >i want to create a drop down list and some of my selections have a "symbol" >eg R >b...

Black List in Exchange didn't remove!
We currently have the Message Filtering setup in Exchange 5.5. However, one of the addresses in the list we had needed to be removed, which we did but for some reason the e-mail is still getting blocked in Exchange. Any ideas???? Try stopping and restarting the SMTP service. "SUS Help" <bechtj@co.delaware.pa.us> wrote in message news:ee00YI1IFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We currently have the Message Filtering setup in Exchange 5.5. However, > one > of the addresses in the list we had needed to be removed, which we did but > for some reason the e-mail is ...

Distributed File System
Hi, We use windows 2003 Server with SP2 and configure DFS. DFS root C:\Root is full access from share and NTFS permission, but when user uses DFS, it become everything Read-Only. Any idea? Thank you in advance. Wes On 9/9/2010 4:52 PM, Wes Lu wrote: > Hi, > > We use windows 2003 Server with SP2 and configure DFS. DFS root C:\Root is > full access from share and NTFS permission, but when user uses DFS, it > become everything Read-Only. > > Any idea? > > Thank you in advance. > > Wes > > Apologies for this... but ple...

Urgent
How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add new data in my spreadsheet? -- Sandi Gardner "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D8613F-13C3-4C1B-9576-95E44B0AE156@microsoft.com... > How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add > new data in my spreadsheet? The default is to do so. Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max. -- David Biddulph That works for my Y axis but I also need my X axis to auto scale also. -- Sandi Gardner "David B...

Listing Attachments
I would like to be able to insert a list of the attachments for an email, within the email body, so that a recipient can be sure that they have received all attachments. This will also be of benefit, so i can print the email and show a list of the attachments that I have sent. I have seen this done with emails that have been sent to me, but I cant find where to do this in Outlook. Can you help? Outlook does not have the ability to insert the names of attachments in all message formats. You will have to specify the mail message format prior to sending in order for the recipients to ...

Change Discount List
I'm trying to change our discount lists (about 21, applied to over 40 Products & 2 Price Lists) from percentage to $. Can I do this on-the-fly? It doesn't appear so. If not, should I (in order): 1 Create New Disc List 2 Associate new Disc List with appropriate Products 3 Delete Old Discount Lists Has anyone done this before? This is going to be a HUGE project, and am looking for any tips I can get. Thanks. ...

using Query Based distribution groups between domains
I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons across domains. I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work. Any ideas appreciated. Sounds like an issue with the expansion server. Have you considered setting the expansion server to try and work through t...

add the 6 least numbers in a list
I have a list of ten numbers and I want excel to add the 6 least numbers. which formula should I use? Eg if I have ; 9, 3, 8, 2, 7, 2, 5, 1, 4, 6. the numbers to be added will be (1+2+2+3+4+5)= 17 thanks. Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(SMALL(A1:A10,ROW(INDIRECT("1:6"))))) -- HTH Bob "kwamena banson" <virginbanson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0ddf4dd3-95c5-41a3-b3cc-c086428c2913@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > I have a list of ten numbers and I want excel to add the 6 least > numbers. which formula should I use? > Eg if I have ; 9, 3, 8...

Customization of CRM Activities List Page...
Hi, I want to display the creation date time column on Activities List page in MS CRM. I didnot find any customization available for Sub links like Activities, Notes........... Also if some one can tell how to change the Status of an Activity. Regards, BizWorld activity views are not customizable in this release. Same story with activities in general. Expect this to change in a later release of crm -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "BizWorld" <moonis.tahir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1114122380.225434.54140@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Add Members to Marketing List and Resend Campaign Activity
We are studying how campaigns and marketing lists work and see that once you have sent a campaign activity, you can't send it again. If you are managing an event, it's likely that you will continue to add members to your marketing list after the email invitation has gone out. Is there a way to send the campaign activity to the newly added members, and exclude those that have already received it? ...

Out of Office Assistant Not Responding
I work on a network that is based off of W2K platform and using Office 2000. An individual's Out of Office Assistant will not respond to people when they send messages to the affected box. Any and all responses are welcomed besides a reinstall of office which has already been done. Thank you. Hi NC, Where are you testing from? The reason that I ask is that if you are working with an Exchange 5.5 or newer system, the Internet Mail Connector (or SMTP virtual servers for 2000/2003) are configured by default to not allow said notifications to be sent to the internet. Other things tha...

Auto Adjusting Text Box
Is there any way to have the text box auto adjust the height in a protected form according to the amount of text a user inputs? Thanks! Jae ...

totals from list not in order
hi, I am looking to have all data on one sheet and have total amount of a group on another sheet, how do i do this?? this may seem simple to experts liek you but today si an off day for me : ) thanks for your help ...

combination validated list and free input
Two cells, first one "Name", the next a validated dropdown ("Dept."), based on "Name". "Dept" currently validates by Indirect(Name cell reference). Each Name of employees is defined as a range that has their allowable departments. The challenge is that I want this to be able to handle non- employees also. So I need the validation to allow for a range name (the list of employees), but also a "Non- Employee" entry, which would allow for someone outside of the company to submit one of these forms. My one idea of how to do this is to hav...

How do I make a list in Excel automatically go to the top of the .
How can I make an Excel spreadsheet make a list automatically move to the top of the column to the right of the original column when it reaches the bottom? Hi Try something like this Private Sub WORKSHEET_CHANGE(ByVal TARGET As Range) If ActiveCell.Row = 65536 Then ActiveCell.Offset(-65535, 1).Select Else End If End Sub This will activate when a change is made in last row of column you may need to change if statement to suit needs if not activecell Tina "Radio Bill" wrote: > How can I make an Excel spreadsheet make a list automatically move to the top > of the column to ...

Quick Find in List view
HI All Is there any way to find subitem in ListView with out using loop Tahkns Amrit "Amrit" <cadd@wlink.com.np> wrote in message news:un0Vf5%23cKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > HI All > > Is there any way to find subitem in ListView with out using loop If you used "Key" parameter when adding items, you could use it to find items quickly, but it's not easy to make it work for multiple columns. Example: ListView1.ListItems("Item123"). Collections in VB use an efficient method of searching by using hash tables, so fin...

Linked List & Dynamic Memory Allocation
Hi, I am learning about data structures. I am somewhat confused and unable to apply concept of dynamic memory allocation to my application. This is what I am trying to do. I have an array of structures as follows: #define MAX 3 typdef struct node { char name[30]; struct node* next; }nodes; int main (void) { nodes m_node[MAX]; // play around with link list here add, remove, search items etc. return 0; } I am trying to dynamically allocate memory if user chooses to enter more than 3 records. I run following code to allocate memory dynamically. Code is running fine....

Retirement Income: IRA Distributions
I asked this question within the "Income from Tax-Deferred Retirement Account" thread over a month ago but received only silence. So let me try it a a stand-alone question: What is the purpose of the "Retirement Income: IRA Distributions" category and how is it used? Perhaps you might want to acquire IRS publication 590. When a person reaches age 70 and retired they should take required minimum distribution (RMD), else huge 50% or more penalty. I would start with the publication. Ken "Ron Boyd" <ronboyd@qwest.net> wrote in message news:2BA1182C-AD...

Recevings Edit List Not Printing
Hello, I have an issue where a person enters a Purchase Order. Then, when the items and the invoice are received from the Vendor, they go back into the Purchase Order Entry screen and from the Actions choose to Receive and Invoice the PO Items. On the Receivings Transaction Entry screen they enter the appropriate information and then try to Print the Receivings Edit List - but nothing will print to the screen, the printer, or to a file. I have not been able to duplicate this on any other computers. I've double-checked the Posting Setup and everything is checked to print. Has a...

Selecting Photos from and ComboBox list then print on a Report
I would like to have a ComboBox on a Form that lists the names of photographs, and somehow have the names pointing to the actual image stored in the database or on the PC. Then by clicking a button on the Form, I'd like to print a Report with the photo printed on it, along with other data from the record. I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for the help. Dave Have a look at PictureMgr, the free demo software that I wrote to manage and print images. http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Picture2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...