Distribution Group email replies: Automatically get 'From' to show Group email address?

We have set up a distribution list in Exchange 2003
(support@companyname.com.au) so that several support staff receive
these incomign emails from clients. We want our replies to those
emails to look as if they come from that support@ email address again.
In very old posts, from 2002 to 2004, the same question gas already
been posed and the answer has been for the person replying to
***manually*** click the "From" button so they can choose the
distribution group email address.

Well its 2007 now. Has this situation been changed so that when
replying to distribution list emails the distribution list's email
address appears automatically? Will Exchange 2007 provide this? Is
there something we can do on the client side when you click 'Reply'
that populates the From with the Dist Group email address (which is in
the incoming To field - you would think it would be able to pick it up
somehow). It would be nice if there were Rules that could accomodate
this. That's just me wishing of course.

Help! Can anyone reply to me with any good news?

Thanks,
Richard

richard.fraccaro@hotmail.com wrote:

					[ snip ]

>Well its 2007 now. Has this situation been changed so that when
>replying to distribution list emails the distribution list's email
>address appears automatically?

No. How would you know who sent the message?

>Will Exchange 2007 provide this? Is
>there something we can do on the client side when you click 'Reply'
>that populates the From with the Dist Group email address (which is in
>the incoming To field - you would think it would be able to pick it up
>somehow). It would be nice if there were Rules that could accomodate
>this. That's just me wishing of course.
>
>Help! Can anyone reply to me with any good news?

So, if a message is in your Inbox and the "To:" header contains
someone elses name, you want to send the reply to the message as that
person? And you want it to happen without any user intervention? I
hope that never happens.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
<richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> richard.fracc...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>                                         [ snip ]
>
> >Well its 2007 now. Has this situation been changed so that when
> >replying to distribution list emails the distribution list's email
> >address appears automatically?
>
> No. How would you know who sent the message?
>
> >Will Exchange 2007 provide this? Is
> >there something we can do on the client side when you click 'Reply'
> >that populates the From with the Dist Group email address (which is in
> >the incoming To field - you would think it would be able to pick it up
> >somehow). It would be nice if there were Rules that could accomodate
> >this. That's just me wishing of course.
>
> >Help! Can anyone reply to me with any good news?
>
> So, if a message is in your Inbox and the "To:" header contains
> someone elses name, you want to send the reply to the message as that
> person? And you want it to happen without any user intervention? I
> hope that never happens.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ athttp://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.p...@getronics.com
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.p...@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@pinkroccade.com

It is an arrangement that is possible under other email systems, where
this kind of 'support desk' email setup that I have described is
entirely feasible. Actually Exchange is 90% of the way there, it is
just that when we reply to the email we have to remember to manually
change the From field to the distribution group email address. This is
not ideal since we want to be absolutely sure that any further
correspondence by the customer to emails goes to the distribution
group and not the individual in the group that replied originally (and
forgot to set the right 'From' entry).

Thanks anyway.

Have a look at this third-party add-in:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/sendasgroup.shtml

Regards,
Victor Ivanidze

<richard.fraccaro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Apr 14, 12:07 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
> <richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>> richard.fracc...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>                                         [ snip ]
>>
>> >Well its 2007 now. Has this situation been changed so that when
>> >replying to distribution list emails the distribution list's email
>> >address appears automatically?
>>
>> No. How would you know who sent the message?
>>
>> >Will Exchange 2007 provide this? Is
>> >there something we can do on the client side when you click 'Reply'
>> >that populates the From with the Dist Group email address (which is in
>> >the incoming To field - you would think it would be able to pick it up
>> >somehow). It would be nice if there were Rules that could accomodate
>> >this. That's just me wishing of course.
>>
>> >Help! Can anyone reply to me with any good news?
>>
>> So, if a message is in your Inbox and the "To:" header contains
>> someone elses name, you want to send the reply to the message as that
>> person? And you want it to happen without any user intervention? I
>> hope that never happens.
>>
>> --
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> MS Exchange FAQ athttp://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.p...@getronics.com
>> Or to these, either: mailto:h.p...@pinkroccade.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@getronics.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@pinkroccade.com
>
> It is an arrangement that is possible under other email systems, where
> this kind of 'support desk' email setup that I have described is
> entirely feasible. Actually Exchange is 90% of the way there, it is
> just that when we reply to the email we have to remember to manually
> change the From field to the distribution group email address. This is
> not ideal since we want to be absolutely sure that any further
> correspondence by the customer to emails goes to the distribution
> group and not the individual in the group that replied originally (and
> forgot to set the right 'From' entry).
>
> Thanks anyway.

0
no1498 (362)

Send/Receive doesn't get Exchange 2000 mail
Outlook 2002 Send/Receive does not get mail from the Exchange server as expected. If you open a previous message the mail is properly retrieved from the Exchange 2000 server. Using Outlook 2003 Send/Receive works as expected. It's a problem with your NAT router and UDP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305572 -- "Gene" <gglenn@precisionimages.com> wrote in message news:0a9601c35dbc$0075a290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2002 Send/Receive does not get mail from the > Exchange server as expected. If you open a previous > message the ...

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

Why does [group] appear after the filename in Excel 2003?
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 this morning. An Excel document I created yesterday in a shared network location that has never been touched by anyone but me is now opening with [Group] status. I need to activate Autofilter, but it is unavailable (greyed) on the Tools --> Filter menu. I also can't locate a definition for this setting or how to turn it off, nor do I have any idea why it is in this "group" mode. It is definitely not a shared workbook. Please help! You may have more than one sheets selected simoultaneously. Righclick a sheet tab and select ...

Show Excel in two separate instances/two monitors?
I've recently been upgraded to two monitors (one of the few things IT has done right around here!). But try as I might, I can't get two Excel (2003) workbooks to show in two separate instances so I can put one on each monitor! Any solutions? Ed Hi Ed, open 2 workbooks -- click the Maximize button (so you are in resize mode) --- drag a workbook by the titlebar to the second monitor... Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) * MVP Access Remote Programming and Training strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com * Ed wrote: > I've recently been upgraded to t...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

Unpopulated Cell Address
Hi I'm a newbie and was wondering can anyone help with my query. I am trying to find out how to print a spreadsheet with just the data that is contained in certain cell address's. Where a cell address is not populated I want the whole row to not appear in a printed copy. Any ideas? Try this idea Sub hiderowsandprint() With Range("a1:a21") .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Rows.Hidden = True .Resize(21, 8).PrintPreview .Rows.Hidden = False End With End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mick Smith" <notsa...

query-based distribution group not showing in Outlook
Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 I have created a query-based distribution group and it isn't showing up in Outlook Address Book. If I create Distribution groups they show up in the Address Book. How do I get the query based groups to show in the Address Book? Under Exchange Advanced I have confirmed that the check box to hide list is unchecked. Thanks, Colin M. On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:54:52 -0800, "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote: >Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 > >I have created a query-based distribution ...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Watch/Ignore in email
What does the watch/ignore option mean in the email section? What does it mean when it says "this message is being watched" at the top of an email? Who is watching? If you're in outlook express - reading newsgroups for example - you can click the space underneath the eyeglasses and level with your message. this will change the colour to red (it does on mine). you can then sort your messages by clicking the eyeglasses at the top and the messages will be sorted showing the marked ones at the top of the page. This is very useful when you post to a newsgroup and don't want t...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

getting sql report 2005 web service to work
The error I am getting in sql reporting service 2005 is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on t...

Remove Exchange 2003 ADC server from Admin Group
DC's: win2k3 exchange: all 2003 enterprise sp2 1 FE /3 BE -Tried to remove my First exchange server using microsoft's KB822931. -Problem is server still has the ADC server role mapped to it. -Turned it off to test if it's ok but my BE servers servers have started queuing some emails that htey are trying to send to this server. -Emails are from Servername-IS@exchg.mydomain.edu Subject: Hierarchy the other one is the same but subject: Status. -Do i even need to move this role (ADC Server) in light that i dont have any exch 5.5 servers? -can i just uninstall exhc...

getting a single line from a file
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to read a single line from a text file. I tried using getline, but my MFC program does not recognize the getline function. Nor does it recognize <string> or <string.h> or using namespace std. So is there another function that I can use in MFC? Roger Take a look at the CStdioFile MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "R.H." <roger.huggins@intermec.com> wrote in message news:e98o6IMmDHA.1764@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I was wondering if someone could tell me ho...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

ALTER TABLE statements showing up in my stored procedures
Hi, Recently, I noticed some ALTER TABLE statements in my stored procedures. I have no idea where they came from. The only thing I can think of is that I do generate scripts to keep my local copy of the database where I develop my application and the production server in sync. I think these statements started showing up after I upgraded to SQL Server 2008 R2 (full version on production server and Express on the local machine). I just tried removing them from one of my stored procedures and they came right back. I then deleted the stored procedure and recreated it without t...

option to show or hide social security number throughout system
Now that identify theft is a big issue, a great feature in HR and/or UPR would be an option to hide or show SS# on windows and reports. I'm having to cusomize HR and Payroll reports just to remove the SS#. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

Always Reply in HTML Format
Is there a way in 2003 to reply in HTML always redgardless of what orig message has been sent in? I know the security issues and the reason why its set up the way it is, just curious though. BigZ No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, BigZ asked: | Is there a way in 2003 to reply in HTML always | redgardless of what orig message has been sent in? I | know the security issues ...

Automatic CC/BB from the Exchange 2003
How can i add automatic cc/bcc for a particular email ID, from the server end The server being used is Exchage 2003 Thanks in advance RSD On 19 May 2005 20:42:31 -0700, "ray_da" <rayo.dalal@gmail.com> wrote: >How can i add automatic cc/bcc for a particular email ID, from the >server end > >The server being used is Exchage 2003 > > > > >Thanks in advance >RSD This depends on exactly what you want to achieve. You could take a look at this: http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml but it might not be what you want as the requirement wasn't too cle...

imported distributions lists show as contacts
Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists, then imported into a new system. Teh imported DL's show up as separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a simplified way to correct? Version of Outlook they were exported from and imported into? How did you import them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

SDK Q: "taxes distribution(s) does not equal the actual amount" error when posting
I am trying to have our orders processing system properly populate the Great Plains tables so we can TRANSFER our orders to invoices (at which point third-party tools perform so WBS re-distribution) and then POST them to GL. Thanks to rrs1977@gmail.com for your previous help. With that, I've been able to get the system to create orders and batches which Dynamics allows our users to open and Transfer to invoice (and properly triggering our third-party redistribution utilities). However, when they try to post the invoices to GL, an error shows up indicating "taxes distribution(s...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

Sending an email to multiple contacts
As suggested by people on one of these newsgroups, I have abandoned Outlook's broken distribution list functionality to use this "Categorize" feature. So I now have my hundreds of individuals all categorized and I want to send an email to everyone in a certain category. I do not see any sign that this functionality is supported, in fact, it seems like Microsoft actually broke the functionality intentionally. I have created my email and have opened my contacts. I sorted based upon category, selected the items in the category and dragged those items to the "To.....