Display names puzzle, can you help?

Here's my situation: We've acuquired a company, and now we're adding
those users onto our mail system.  I can deal with all the issues
related to DNS, etc, but one real thorn in our side is the display
names. This company used only "firstname@companyname.com" for an e-mail
address, AND the real clincher is that they only use "firstname" as a
display name.

Our corporate standard as the aquiring company is to use
firstname.lastname@company2name.com.  However, this little company we
bought has gone ahead and put employee pictures on the web (with only
first names). Due to some odd incidents involving sexual harassement yet
this silly desire to provide "personal service" by putting people's
photos on the web, they want to keep just providing the first name in
the email address.

How can I set a display name to be "firstname@companyname.com" when they
send out e-mails, while still having their full name show up in my
global address list? Is it possible?

Any comments about how stupid this acquired companies practices are not
useful, I'd probably agree with you anyhow. :-)

Edd
0
vo243 (16)

Vo

You'll need to create a recipient policy with an LDAP filter that only
applies to the acquired company's employees. You can modify the address
generated by this policy in this fashion:

%g@ompanyname.com

This will give you the first (given) name format you need.

Nue
"Vo" <vo243@hotmail.removeme.com> wrote in message
> Here's my situation: We've acuquired a company, and now we're adding
> those users onto our mail system.  I can deal with all the issues
> related to DNS, etc, but one real thorn in our side is the display
> names. This company used only "firstname@companyname.com" for an e-mail
> address, AND the real clincher is that they only use "firstname" as a
> display name.
>
> Our corporate standard as the aquiring company is to use
> firstname.lastname@company2name.com.  However, this little company we
> bought has gone ahead and put employee pictures on the web (with only
> first names). Due to some odd incidents involving sexual harassement yet
> this silly desire to provide "personal service" by putting people's
> photos on the web, they want to keep just providing the first name in
> the email address.
>
> How can I set a display name to be "firstname@companyname.com" when they
> send out e-mails, while still having their full name show up in my
> global address list? Is it possible?
>
> Any comments about how stupid this acquired companies practices are not
> useful, I'd probably agree with you anyhow. :-)
>
> Edd

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/19/2006 6:14:51 PM
"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in news:#ECfCRSHGHA.2680
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> Vo
>
> You'll need to create a recipient policy with an LDAP filter that only
> applies to the acquired company's employees. You can modify the address
> generated by this policy in this fashion:
>
> %g@ompanyname.com
>
> This will give you the first (given) name format you need.
>
> Nue

Except that this deals with email address, not the display name.  I can do
the e-mail address stuff without difficulty.  The recipient policy doesn't
define display names as far as I know?
0
vo243 (16)
1/19/2006 7:07:13 PM
Vo

Recipient policy has nothing to do with Display name.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250455

> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in news:#ECfCRSHGHA.2680
> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
>
>> Vo
>>
>> You'll need to create a recipient policy with an LDAP filter that only
>> applies to the acquired company's employees. You can modify the address
>> generated by this policy in this fashion:
>>
>> %g@ompanyname.com
>>
>> This will give you the first (given) name format you need.
>>
>> Nue
>

> Except that this deals with email address, not the display name.  I can do
> the e-mail address stuff without difficulty.  The recipient policy doesn't
> define display names as far as I know?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/19/2006 7:39:50 PM
Yes, you are misunderstanding me.  I need to change the display name,
not the email address.  I need my display name to be different outside
the organization than within.

> Vo
>
> Recipient policy has nothing to do with Display name.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250455
>
> Nue
>
> "Vo" <vo243@hotmail.removeme.com> wrote in message
>> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in news:#ECfCRSHGHA.2680
>> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
>>
>>> Vo
>>>
>>> You'll need to create a recipient policy with an LDAP filter that
>>> only applies to the acquired company's employees. You can modify the
>>> address generated by this policy in this fashion:
>>>
>>> %g@ompanyname.com
>>>
>>> This will give you the first (given) name format you need.
>>>
>>> Nue
>>

>> Except that this deals with email address, not the display name.  I
>> can do the e-mail address stuff without difficulty.  The recipient
>> policy doesn't define display names as far as I know?

0
vo243 (16)

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Date display in Excel

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Office 2007 forms

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Displaying Scenarios
I have set up a number of scenarios on a worksheet as they relate to different versions of my budget. Rather than having to go in everytime and display each one individuall, I would like to enter a parameter in one cell that will automatically display the right scenarios. Hopefully, using a conditional statement of some kind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jeffrey Albaum Controller Jet Moulding Compounds Inc. Ajax, Ontario, Canada How about a worksheet_change event? I created a couple of custom views and then rightclicked on the worksheet tab that held the important cell. ...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Publisher can not save file

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help