Display Name Resolution situation

I have a situation with three internal Exchange mailboxes:

MB1 = Mike     -  sent a message to Sarah
MB2 = Sarah   -  Sarah did not receive the message
MB3 = John     -  John received the message

In John's mailbox, the To field shows the following:  Sarah
(sarah@domain.com)

But when you right-click on "Sarah (sarah@domain.com)" and choose
Properties,  you see all the GAL information for John's mailbox.

None of the mailboxes have have anything in their contacts folders, nor
do we have any Public folder contacts.

It is my understanding that whenever a message is delivered to an
internal recipient, they see the GAL display names of any internal
recipients.

What would cause a recipient to receive a message that shows a name
other than the display name of the internal e-mail address it was sent
to?

0
AMRoybal (1)

"Alicia R" <AMRoybal@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a situation with three internal Exchange mailboxes:
>
>MB1 = Mike     -  sent a message to Sarah
>MB2 = Sarah   -  Sarah did not receive the message
>MB3 = John     -  John received the message
>
>In John's mailbox, the To field shows the following:  Sarah
>(sarah@domain.com)
>
>But when you right-click on "Sarah (sarah@domain.com)" and choose
>Properties,  you see all the GAL information for John's mailbox.
>
>None of the mailboxes have have anything in their contacts folders, nor
>do we have any Public folder contacts.
>
>It is my understanding that whenever a message is delivered to an
>internal recipient, they see the GAL display names of any internal
>recipients.
>
>What would cause a recipient to receive a message that shows a name
>other than the display name of the internal e-mail address it was sent
>to?

Find the message in the message tracking tool. What user was the
message delivered to?

Outlook retrieves the legacyExchangeDN property from either the GAL or
OAB and Exchange uses that value to locate the recipient. If the
recipient name in the tracking logs is wrong there's probably some
roblem in Outlook. Have Mike create a new profile for Outlook and send
the another message to Sarah.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

The sender is out of the office and either archived the sent message
off the server or permanently deleted it, so even with full mailbox
access we have no way to look at the original sent message.  However, I
think I will suggest that Mike re-download his OAB and try sending
another message to Sarah.  I also think you are right that we may need
to create a new profile.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that while looking at John's
mailbox, we found several instances of messages from Mike going to him
by mistake when they were meant for Sarah and also several instances
where Mike sent John messages that were meant for John.  So it would
seem this may be intermittent, which we know only makes it more fun to
troubleshoot ;)

Thanks again for any suggestions you have.

Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
> "Alicia R" <AMRoybal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a situation with three internal Exchange mailboxes:
> >
> >MB1 = Mike     -  sent a message to Sarah
> >MB2 = Sarah   -  Sarah did not receive the message
> >MB3 = John     -  John received the message
> >
> >In John's mailbox, the To field shows the following:  Sarah
> >(sarah@domain.com)
> >
> >But when you right-click on "Sarah (sarah@domain.com)" and choose
> >Properties,  you see all the GAL information for John's mailbox.
> >
> >None of the mailboxes have have anything in their contacts folders, nor
> >do we have any Public folder contacts.
> >
> >It is my understanding that whenever a message is delivered to an
> >internal recipient, they see the GAL display names of any internal
> >recipients.
> >
> >What would cause a recipient to receive a message that shows a name
> >other than the display name of the internal e-mail address it was sent
> >to?
>
> Find the message in the message tracking tool. What user was the
> message delivered to?
>
> Outlook retrieves the legacyExchangeDN property from either the GAL or
> OAB and Exchange uses that value to locate the recipient. If the
> recipient name in the tracking logs is wrong there's probably some
> roblem in Outlook. Have Mike create a new profile for Outlook and send
> the another message to Sarah.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

Excel Sheet does not display properly
Hello all, I have a basisc Excel chart that included 4 columns and approximately 30 lines, certain columns have different colors...As you can see nothing much... When I save the document as html, and upload that file to my web server - people are complaining that they can only see the top portion of the chart - they keep clicking on the Internet Explorer refesh button and some are able to view it afterwards, some need to remove their cache - and some don't have a problem (some times)...We are all using the exact same version of Office, and IE... Does anyone have any suggestions on...

Re: Displaying Electrical Connections on Two Wires
Hi all, Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me - in layman's terms - how to show electrical connections between two-wires on an electrical schematic drawing in Visio. I am currently using Visio 2002. Say for instance if I draw a three-phase diagram, and from the first phase, I connect a single-phase switch and lamp, how do I show the black-dot connection between the two wires? Many thanks, Regards, Matt On Thu, 1 May 2008 05:23:00 -0700, tips6 <tips6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me...

Formula to capture worksheet names #2
this is Exactly what I need. I appreciate ya bro -- LowKe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LowKey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1527 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26897 No problem. Glad it helped. :) Take care -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefytr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=664 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26897 ...

why are my excel file name colored blue ?
Why are some of my excel files colored blue and some are in black? This occurred after an IT tech servicing was done> "valbwoy" <valbwoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A643AA1-3971-4498-A24D-2C569D330225@microsoft.com... > Why are some of my excel files colored blue and some are in black? This > occurred after an IT tech servicing was done> If this is when you are viewing the files in Windows Explorer, the blue may well mean that the relevant files are compressed. There is an option in Control Panel that allows compressed files to be shown ...

Barb Reinhardt: HOW TO: Plot a Team Name ....
Hi Barb, It is probably me being dum, but I still can't get it to work. I've installed Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler, and it reads on the web site that it will 'The labeler will detect and apply the source range formatting characteristics to the data labels as well as live-link the data label text to the source range text.' But nothing additional seems to happen. I create a X Y (scatter) chart based on the below the table and I've tried a bubble chart on this exmaple table but to no avail do the TEAM # labels appear. If I set the X axis range to MANAGER # B2:B11,...

Exchange 2000
Hi all I've recently renamed a user. Now I found that everytime I type that user name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName <OldUserName>. I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user. How to correct it? Please help. Thanks BT Just a few points ... 1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them (use the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key. 2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if...

formula to count matching days between two date ranges (for large list of names)
I have two sheets. Sheet 1 and sheet 2. Sheet1: has a list of Social Security Numbers, followed by a date Range (i.e., start date field and end date field). The date ranges are discrete (i.e., do not overlap) with each other for any given name. SHEET 1 Name A Start Date A End Date SSN1 1/1/09 1/5/09 SSN2 4/1/09 4/15/09 SSN1 3/2/10 3/15/10 SSN3 ETC... Sheet 2 has the same information (i.e., multiple records with SSNs, followed by date ranges Name B Start Date B End Date RESULT NEEDED SSN1 1/1/09 1/31/09 5 SSN2 4...

Help: Can't display contents of Adobe Acrobat Document in Sheet
Hoping that someone can help with this. I'm trying to insert an Adobe Acrobat document into an Excel worksheet. I'd like to see the document contents, not an Icon. According to the Excel help files, it should be possible to display the file as it shows up in Acrobat but no matter what I do, I see only an Icon. I went through the procedure listed in the help files to convert the document (ensuring that "show as an Icon" is not checked) but nothing makes any difference! Any idea what I'm doing wrong? When I try this with other document types (eg AutoCad) everythi...

Defining a name
Whats up everyone. Can I have a table array that is dynamic based on a input sheet. For example I have a lookup table that =VLOOKUP(Reference!$E6,CompanyDataQ3,Reference!$F6,FALSE) I would like CompanyDataQ3 to change based on the input sheet. On the input sheet I have Quarter so if quarter on the input sheet is Q3 the lookup table will have =VLOOKUP(Reference!$E6,CompanyDataQ3,Reference!$F6,FALSE) if the quarter on the input sheet is Q4 than the lookup table will hav =VLOOKUP(Reference!$E6,CompanyDataQ4,Reference!$F6,FALSE) Please let me know if this is possible and how to best a...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

in access databse the function date() returns #name
i have created an access data base at access 2003 profisonal and used the function date() it worked properly . but when i have coped my data base at another computer at the same office , the funtion retuned (name#) aW4gQWNjZXNzOyB0aGUgRGF0ZSBmdW5jdGlvbiBkb2Vzbid0IHdvcmsgc29tZXRpbWVzLgoKaXQgd29ya3MgYWxsIHRoZSB0aW1lIGluIFNRTCBTZXJ2ZXI7IGJ1dCB5b3UndmUgZ290IHRvIGNhbGwgaXQKR0VUREFURSgpCgoKCk9uIE1hciA3LCAxMToyNMKgcG0sINmF2K3ZhdivINiq2KfYrCDYp9mE2KPYtdmB2YrYp9ihINin2YTYqNiu2YrYqiDZhdit2YXYryDYp9mE2LPZitivCjxAZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnMubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbT4gd3JvdGU6Cj4gaSBoYXZlIGNyZWF0ZWQgYW4gYWNjZXNzIGRhdGEgYmFzZ...

Outlook 2007, Cached Mode, name resolution fails
I'm having a similar problem as discussed here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/1f521281a6a07fa6/01bdb551c91c034d?lnk=gst&q=cached+mode&rnum=16#01bdb551c91c034d With Outlook 2007 the key for Cached Mode no longer exists. I'm also receiving the following error when I do a check names when I type portions of users display names: "Too many names have been found in the directory service or the server has exceeded its time limit for searching. Type more letteres of the name and try again." I've checked and our OAL is bei...

Multiplying a cell and displaying the result in the same cell
Hi Is it possible to perform a calculation on a cell (well a column) an replace the data in the cell with the result? I have a spreadshee which uploads data to a database (not sure which type - it's mechanical estimating package) and I need to increase the price colum by a certain percentage. I cannot add or delete any of the column otherwise the upload won't work. Thanks Ro -- robspo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robspot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1532 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Displaying multivalue field data in report
I have an Access 2007 database that was built upon the Access Contacts template. A multivalue field called Tags was added to the Contacts table that may have any or all values available in a table called Attributes. I have some sample data of contacts where the tag field for a record may contain a single tag like smart, or several values like smart, tall, agressive. When I try to display the tag values for each record in a report the displayed value is numeric like 2, 4, 7. How can I get the report to show the actual values instead of what appears to be an index value for eac...

A4 not displayed on screen.
I have Word2003 & XP SP3 The appearance of a blank page on the screen does not correspond to the A4 size even though I have set it to this on the PageSetup/Defaut. Please help, Frank At a guess, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uMqVM88aKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have Word2003 & XP SP3 > > > The appearance of a blank page on the screen ...

PPT 2004 image not displaying in PPT 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a PowerPoint slideshow using MS Office 2004. I have several slides that have images what were copied from Excel (using the Copy Picture... option by holding down Shift > Edit >Copy Picture...) then pasted into the PowerPoint file. The images show up great in PPT 2004. When I open the file in 2008 I get the following results: 1) part of the image is displayed but not complete, 2) the image doesn't show up at all. Here is a sample of what the files look like in 2004 vs. 2008 (image doesn't show...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Displaying Excel row headers in embedded spreadhseet
I have an excel spreadsheet inserted into a Word document. I want to have the row and column headers displayed in the Word document but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Does anyone have any ideas TIA Bill which version of excel/office do you have? i tried this on excel 2002. when i take the mouse pointer to the left of the table (beyond th boundary of the table), the pointer slants to right (usually it slant left). at that point in time, i right clicked and inserted rows on to of the topmost row. here i could provide headers for the columns. is this what you are looking for ...

Display name of mail enabled public folder
Hi, I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses. In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are employers of the company, without any mail address. We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address company@company.com and company@company.local. If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should. However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable....

Multiple Data files--two with same name!
I have been having trouble balancing my checking account, and discovered that I have three data files: My Money, My Money0 and My Money0. Yes, two of them appear to have the exact same name. One of the My Money0 files appears to cover the time from my last archive (Jan 2003), while the other two files cover only a portion of that time (Jan 04-Aug 04) and (Jan 03-May 04). How can this happen? Any suggestions on how to fix it? At this point my only idea is to manually cross check all the entries and create a single data file then delete the other two. Any better ideas? In micro...

imap folders not displaying messages
Does anyone have and an idea as to why after running a filter on the inbox to move messages to a different folder that they do not appear in the folder until you select that folder? It seems like a sync problem between the server but I am not sure. Thanks for any help ...

Emax Pole Display
Where can I get OPOS drivers for the Emax Ultimate Serial Pole Display? The Emaxintl.com web site seems to be unavailable and calls to the company in CA go unanswered. Does anyone know how to get this line display to work? I've tried the RMS provided drivers to no avail. Thank you ...

Displaying listbox selection in textbox
I av a problem trying to create a macro that the selection made in listbox(List1) to be displayed in a textbox(Text1). here is the code that i did so far but i cant get it to work: Sub Expense_Select() 'Link the data to the listbox Range("G7:G18").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("List1").Select With Selection .ListFillRange = "$G$7:$G$19" .LinkedCell = "" .MultiSelect = xlNone .Display3DShading = False End With End Sub Private Sub List1_Click() 'display the selected item in the textbox Text1.Text = List1.List(List1.ListIndex) End Sub ANY sugg...

Segment names in FRx
We are a credit union audting deparment using GP to import data from credit unions and using this info for monitoring. We have set ourselves up as the company, and the credit unions as segments (instead of branches). I need to create a report which will list each credit union and some basic info (certain accounts). I can create this report so that each credit union is on a single page in a drilldown report, but how do I create it as such Name TotalAssets Acct 2 Acct 3 credit union 1 credit union 2 .... If I try to output this info to excel then I get all t...