Display name change

My problem is this:
I need email for just a few users to show up as shown below. This should be
seen in the "From:" field on the recipient's email client.

John Doe (Contractor) <jdoe@widgets.com>

Currently it shows up in the recipient mailbox as:

John Doe <jdoe@widgets.com>

I tried changing the display name but it doesn't seem to work any differently.
Is this possible? Seems like it should be relatively easy, but I guess I'm
missing something somewhere.

Dave
0
DaveB8607 (68)

display name is in fact the attribute you need to change.

Once you change it, it should show up immediately in OWA when you compose a
new message to the user.
When the user replies (or composes a new message), the recipient should see
John Doe (Contractor).
In message headers (SMTP), it should appear as:
From: "John Doe \(Contractor\)" jdoe@widgets.com

If using Outlook (2003 in Cached Mode), trying rebuilding OAB and
downloading complete OAB.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"DaveB" <DaveB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My problem is this:
> I need email for just a few users to show up as shown below. This should
> be
> seen in the "From:" field on the recipient's email client.
>
> John Doe (Contractor) <jdoe@widgets.com>
>
> Currently it shows up in the recipient mailbox as:
>
> John Doe <jdoe@widgets.com>
>
> I tried changing the display name but it doesn't seem to work any
> differently.
> Is this possible? Seems like it should be relatively easy, but I guess I'm
> missing something somewhere.
>
> Dave

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/20/2006 11:26:03 PM
Bharat,

This "mostly" works. I ended up having to recreate the Outlook profile for
the end users who already had accounts so that when they SEND email it shows
"\Consultant" in the "From:" field.
Once I did that, everything worked as expected.

Thanks,

Dave

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> display name is in fact the attribute you need to change.
>
> Once you change it, it should show up immediately in OWA when you compose a
> new message to the user.
> When the user replies (or composes a new message), the recipient should see
> John Doe (Contractor).
> In message headers (SMTP), it should appear as:
> From: "John Doe \(Contractor\)" jdoe@widgets.com
>
> If using Outlook (2003 in Cached Mode), trying rebuilding OAB and
> downloading complete OAB.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "DaveB" <DaveB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My problem is this:
> > I need email for just a few users to show up as shown below. This should
> > be
> > seen in the "From:" field on the recipient's email client.
> >
> > John Doe (Contractor) <jdoe@widgets.com>
> >
> > Currently it shows up in the recipient mailbox as:
> >
> > John Doe <jdoe@widgets.com>
> >
> > I tried changing the display name but it doesn't seem to work any
> > differently.
> > Is this possible? Seems like it should be relatively easy, but I guess I'm
> > missing something somewhere.
> >
> > Dave

0
DaveB8607 (68)

CRM Email Router change
I have always questioned the Email Router. Never quite understanding what is correct and does it really work? I have had odd things going on in my environment but none tops the cake like this one. Yesterday, I made a change to my Email Router and today, all of the emails being tracked within CRM are gone. The change was to deploy the rule to an AD account that was doing all of the work in CRM. I cannot imagine this would cause CRM to remove all of the tracked emails. Does anyone know if applying a rule to a user would cause all of the emails to disappear out of CRM? I am using ...

display last entry in Excel
I have created a column that calculates the running total, and i would like Excel to use only the last value in the list. however, when a new value is added to the bottom of the list, excel will then take that entry. Can anybody help. Thanks Ayedeeh If the data is contiguous, (say in column A), you could use this =INDIRECT("A"&COUNTA(A:A)) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "ayedeeh" <ayedeeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4761D500-6906-4E41-9D94-36783FC7C4EC@microsoft....

CRM Customization help (grid display page menubar)
Hi all, What i need is to store a date value taken from user and pass it to all crm built pages and use it there. This needs to be done for a custom added entity. In detail i added an entity to handle payments for different clients. What i need is to add a button in the crm menu bar on the default grid display page for payments that would prompt the user for date and then set that date in the session or any place from where i can access it later in the input pages for pyaments. If there is an option available to add simple text field in the mebu bar that would be far better. any idea h...

How can i Display bitmap image on ms access Report?
Hello Everyone; I am trying to display images in ms access reports.Some images are displayed and a lot of them are not .When no picture is dispayed i get an ms access report error message number 2114,Which tells me that the format is not supported or the file is too big, and suggests me to changes the file format into BMP or GIF.When i took a look at those pictures which were not been dispayed i found out that they have smaller size the one been displayed.I googled around in search of a solution to this problem, but only came up with solutions that have nothing to do with my issue.Can ...

Can I suppress display of duplicate data in columns?
When I display a worksheet, I would like to suppress duplicate data in columns in a particular field. Is this possible? data>filter>advanced filter and unique records only -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Bob Cassano" <Bob Cassano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF21FA0-8D6A-47D4-AD32-58869E0285C8@microsoft.com... > When I display a worksheet, I would like to suppress duplicate data in > columns in a particular field. Is this possible? ...

25 changes to 35
When the value of 25 is entered into a cell, the screen returns the value of 35. I have scanned for viruses, tracking software, defalt setup values, uninstalled an reinstalled excell, updated, etc. Still I get a value of 35 when I enter 25. Help. Hi! Check Tools>AutoCorrect Options and see if someone is playing a trick on you! Biff "David Sound Tech" <David Sound Tech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598DF7E4-04EE-4CE4-9248-7D5E445FB182@microsoft.com... > When the value of 25 is entered into a cell, the screen returns the value > of > 35. &...

Showing Internet header Names
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003. Currently, all the emails ID that I receive will be match with the Global Address List and the names will be replace using the one that are found in the Global Address List. Is there a way to switch off this feature. I want the From and To to display whatever that is found in the internet header. Thanks for help. Julian julian.tklim@gmail.com <julian.tklim@gmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003. Currently, all the emails ID that I receive > will be match with the Global Address List and the names will be > replace using the one that are f...

howto map/rename element names in xslt
I am trying to map external xml documents to a class in dotnet. The problem is that the elements of the input xml will have different names than the properties of the class. How do I create the xslt that will allow me to transform the inbound xml into another xml resource with the elements renamed so that I can serialize it to an instance of the class. I assume that this is best done with xslt.transform, but I am not sure how to write the xslt. <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <NewDataSet> <Customer> <nameFirst>Joe</nameFirst> ...

Change line to bar in Line
Hope someone can help on this one...I have 4 data series that I am trying to plot on a Line-Column chart. I need 3 of these to be columns and one to be a line. It is defaulting to 2 columns and 2 lines. Does anyone know how to override that default, so I can change the one line (basically the 3rd data series) to a column? Thanks :-) Select the series you want to change, then on the Chart menu, choose Chart Type, and choose the new type to assign to that series. Next time, starting from scratch, make a column chart with all four series, then change the one to a line. - Jon ------- Jo...

Cannot change line/object color in Publisher 2002
Anyone who can help: I'm using an older version of Publisher (2002). I was working on a floor plan for a project when suddenly, all the lines and borders disappeared. I am now unable to make any selection to change the line color--the selection defaults to a blank option no matter what color I choose, creating essentially invisible objects and lines in my files, even new ones. I uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher twice to no effect--the problem persists. (Interestingly, the same files when opened in Publisher 2002 on another machine display fine.) Is there something else that co...

Default Printer keeps changing
Using Control Panel --> Printers and Faxes I set the default printer to my Brother HL-2170W laser printer by right clicking on it's icon then "set as default printer". Upon re-boot the default printer has been automatically reset to my HP-PSC1300 ink jet printer. How do I make my prefered printer selection stick? Note, left or right clicking on Brother printer icon does not produce a "set as default printer" messages in printer task, top left pane. One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party applications may be disallowin...

Change Text Direction
I do have a simple question (yet cannot regarding text direction. I do want to change the text direction of a shape to vertical. However, the Change Text Direction button is not displayed. When I try to add it, he disappears. I tried Tools -> Options -> Regional Tab. But this one does not display. Thanks. On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:21:01 -0800, Germex <Germex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I do have a simple question (yet cannot regarding text direction. I do want >to change the text direction of a shape to vertical. However, the Change >Text Direction button ...

Change the default Calendar
Hej to all I have outlook 2010 with 2 calendars, calendar and work. By default the default calendar is calendar, but I would like to be work, since calendar have almost my private things, there is a way to change the default calendar to work. Thanks to all. Sofia No, you'll have to copy over the items from one to the other. Personally I don't use 2 calendars for this but use a single calendar and categorize my appointments accordingly. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/191 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft...

how to setup 2nd monitor as customer display
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C88F30.BFD52C00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit How do you setup the netdisplay exactly. We have an 2nd monitor setup and all of the required hardware is setup correctly. It's a 15" lcd monitor as second monitor and we would like to us it as customer display. What settings in rms have to be setup in order for this to work? Any help help would be appriciated ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C88F30.BFD52C00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" ...

Autofill Based on a Changing Column
Hi Any assistance with the following would be most welcome. I am trying to find some VBA code which will allow me to copy a formula from an ActiveCell down to the last row in the ActiveCell column based on the non blank cells in the column to the left of the ActiveCell column. For example, if the ActiveCell is equal to C5 and the range B5 to B20 contains entries. I would like to autofill the formula from cell C5 down to C20. To further complicate matters, the ActiveCell may be in column C in one instance and in another it could be column D etc (in other words, it can be in a...

how to keep data labels in chart in 2007 from changing?
I have a line chart with two axis. I made the data labels at 65 degrees for both. One stays at 65 degrees the other to default. I change the default and save the file. Next time I open, it is back to default. How do I make it "stick" k Upgrade to Excel 2003. Bob "kojaks43" <kojaks43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F7F9317-D4FD-498E-A7F0-853E2D7D5E6E@microsoft.com... >I have a line chart with two axis. I made the data labels at 65 degrees >for > both. > > One stays at 65 degrees the other to default. > > I change the...

Change Share Name
We have Windows 2000 server. We would like to change the share name. Do the users need to remap the drive with the new share name or the share name is changed automatically? For example, the share name is ShareA and we want to change it ShareB. Do the users to remap the drive to ShareB or the share name is changed automatically? Thanks. "Jill Johnson" <jjohnson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#71P6j4xKHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > We have Windows 2000 server. We would like to change the share name. Do > the users need to remap the dri...

How to change the excel format from language to language?
How do I change excel format from language to language? Hi Don't. Let Excel do her thing. HTH. Best wishes Harald "zee" <zee@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:25A39091-539A-4F33-A69E-2CBDAB34ACAB@microsoft.com... > How do I change excel format from language to language? Can't be done with one version of Excel or Office. You must purchase multiple versions. One for each language. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:43:03 -0800, zee <zee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change excel format from language to languag...

About worksheet change event.
I wrote a code and somewhere, I want to restrict any changes with multiple cell selections, "except" adding a whole row by right-clicking on the row number bar. How can i do this? Maybe you could test like this If Target.Rows.Count = 1 And Target.Count = Rows.Count Then ... -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "serdar" <s@s.com> wrote in message news:Og4LA$Y%23FHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I wrote a code and somewhere, I want to restrict any changes with multiple > cell selections, "except"...

Changing Depre Life
I have a number of fixed assets that I need to extend the life. Their in service date was in the prior fiscal year. If I go to the Asset Book screen & change the life, <save> the screen & choose "Year" as the reset option (not Life or Recalculate), shouldn't I get some financial entries reflecting the current year adjustment of depreciation? I tried it in the test company & I'm not getting any GL entries. Any help is appreciated. Merle Merle: You have to run the GL Posting Routine at Tools>Routines>Fixed Assets to generate the GL entry. Fr...

Change item cost on closed invoice
When intial items were entered in an quantities updated using transfer inventory in, the cost of 1 item was entered incorrectly $18,400 and should have been $18.40. Detail sales report and cost of goods is now way off. Tried issuing a return, return is done at new cost or doubles cost on return. Tried Void, but cost still shows up on reports. Item was sold on 3 separate invoices on 1st day and batch closed before realizing cost of goods was off $50K. Any suggestions? -- SG Did you try allowing edit of closed purchase orders go to store operation manager program and open the confi...

displaying multiple e-mail addresses
I am using Outlook 2000 with Windows XP and can not get my address book to display multiple e-mail addresses for my contacts. I would like to see all of the e-mail addresses which are loaded for a particular contact when I open the address book and/or when I select "To" or "Cc" to add an address to an e-mail. My work computer (Outlook 2000 and Windows 98) displays multiple entries for contacts with multiple e-mail addresses (E-mail, E-mail 2, E-mail 3). Can anyone tell me how to change this display setting? In what mail support mode are you using Outlook? If it's ...

How do I change the color of tabs in word 2008 notebook layout?
I've been trying to figure out how to change the color of the section tabs with no success. Does anyone know how to do this? In article <ee88f72.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, somnium@officeformac.com wrote: > I've been trying to figure out how to change the color of the section tabs > with no success. Does anyone know how to do this? Right- or ctrl-click the tab and choose a color from the Section Color popup. I'm looking for the same thing; in addition - how to delete extra tabs. Ctrl-/right-click a tab, and you can change its colour as well as delete the tab (a...

Auto date changing in Excel is maddening
I'm using MS Office Excel 2003 (11.6113.5703) to post data that spans over several days. sample plot http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Bedini_SG:Replications:PES:Sterling_Allan:Data:Exp10.4_Different_Standing_Discharge_Rates or try http://tinyurl.com/6f8zn We had to jump through all kinds of work-arounds in order to accomplish this. It was not a straight-forward process, though it should have been. When I enter the date format, for example, as Format > Time > 3/14/01 13:30 And then enter 11/17/04 0:30:30, it enters okay, but when I double click on the cell to edit it, Ex...

changing the scale from hours to days in the Resource Usage view
My current Resource Usage view shows my resources and the hours allocated for each resource in hours. How can I change this view so that it tells me the allocated effort for each resource in days, as opposed to hours? thanks in advance. Tools > Options > Schedule > Work is Entered In.... - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > My current Resource Usage view shows my resources and the hours > allocated for each resource in hours. How can I change this view so > that it tells me the allocated effort for each resource in days, as > ...