Discussion lists with Echange Server 2003

Does anyone know if you can setup a discussion list with Exchange server 2k3?
I have looked and and looked for the answer but I don't ever get exactly what
I am looking for.
Thanks.
0
Phippen (1)

Here you go: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821904

Danny
pbisucks@hotmail.com

"Richard Phippen" wrote:

> Does anyone know if you can setup a discussion list with Exchange server 2k3?
> I have looked and and looked for the answer but I don't ever get exactly what
> I am looking for.
> Thanks.
0
Danny (88)

Junk E-mail filter problems in Outlook 2003 #2
The Junk E-mail Options - Safe Senders tab states "E-mail from addresses or domain names on your Safe Senders List will never be treated as junk e-mail. In that list I have (for example) nytdirect@nytimes.com which is the from address for a daily DealBook summary to which I have subscribed. Yet, in an unpredictable pattern, email from this address lands in my Junk E-mail folder. Each time, I click on the "Not Junk" toolbar button and am then informed in a "Mark as Not Junk" dialog box that "This message will be moved back into the Inbox Folder." I then leave...

How to erase MS OUTLOOK 2003 duplicate mails in my INBOX
Hi, I'd like to erase, from my PC, all duplicate mails of my Inbox. Duplicate mails are identical mails (same date, origine, sender, ...) that my mail server (POP) loads more than one time a day because of the option "Keep mails on server for x... days" is selected. I don't want to change this setting and I can't use an IMAP server. So I need a script or a VBA macro to check that point. Any idea?? Thanks Rodryg <rodryg@magic.fr> wrote: > I'd like to erase, from my PC, all duplicate mails of my Inbox. > Duplicate mails are identical mails (same d...

Change entries in popup list for partially typed email addresses
When I start a new email and type in the first few letters of a recipient name or email address, I am given a helpful list of candidate addresses. However, the email addresses of one acquaintance in this list needs to be corrected. How can I do this? I tried looking in the address book, but none of the lists seem to contain this contact. I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. The autocompletion cache has nothing to do with your Contacts. It is simply a cache of your prior recipients. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when pres...

installed office 2007, 2003 calendar events did not appear.
I had a error 1311 on installation of office 2007. The error solution was to uninstall office 2003 and reinstall 2007. Everything came up fine except calendar. None of my events from 2003 showed up, however my reminder popups worked from the 2003 calendar. I can't find the name of the calendar file to try to reinstall. Thanks, Charlie The calendar is in your pst. Do you see the calendar if you use Folder list view? (Press Ctrl+6 to switch to the folder list. ) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

How to Connect to SQL Server??
Dears: Earlier today, I had to change strategies for retrieving information that I need for a utility program I am working on. Essentially, the program performs some low level Windows profile translations as we move to a new domain structure (AD) and a new standardized ID convention. We presently have two formats of standardized user IDs: one in our pre-merger format and used with the older NT domains, and a new standardized user ID. I have a table in SQL Server 2000 that contains two fields, one for each type of ID, and the table contains approximately 275,000 rows. This program is going t...

How to create item price list based on account number
Dear Wise People, Please forgive me but even though I have been working with Great Plains for a couple of years now, I am only now introducting myself to Report writing. I am trying to create a report that will produce Item Price List information based on Account number. In other words, instead of restricting by price level, I want to restrict by Account number (customer number) and then join from the price level on the Account Master to the item price list information and from that produce the Item Price List report. Is there a table already existing in GP which shows the price level...

Cannot logout of Outlook Web Access in 2003
We are having a problem here at work with Outlook 2003 Web access. We have multiple users using certain machines that are logged on under the one global account. When we were running Outlook Web Access under 2000, it would log out no problems, but now with the upgrade to 2003, it keeps the same settings from the one user, even if we click the log out option. Is there a setting i have missed somewhere, or a way aroud this problem? We can log in as others, if we type in that particular users username at the end of the html address. But this really isnt practicle as some of of users a...

Out of Office not working Exchange 2003
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and have set the Internet Message Formats properties to allow Out of Office responses, restarted the SMTP and Exchange Routing Engine services, but it still won't send the Out of Office message to outside recipients. I even set the Allow automatic replies to on, just to see if that will work, but it simply doesn't. Any ideas on what else I need to do? A client really needs to get this working on his server, and I can't even get it working on mine. Rob Miles -- There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those w...

CRM 1.2 & 3 on the sae server
Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? I dont believe you can do that, unless you are using server virtualization. "David Massard" wrote: > Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) > where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? Both versions use the same registry hive, so they can not run on the same machine. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:885DC6E8-3226-4D1F-9...

Outlook 2003 beta doesn't send body
I am getting the body of my message as a blank when using Outlook 2003 beta. Is this a known bug and is there a fix? Thanks, Jon There were a few bugs along those lines in the beta. Most were fixed for the "technical refresh" of the beta (do you have that?), but I think one was even there in that. As far as I know, all have been fixed in recent builds. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3f3a5079_3@corp-news.newsgr...

exchange 2003 testing
My exchange 2003 trial has expired. I have the release version which I purchased. Can I install as on update and not loose the data? If not, can I go in and backup the date to PST files? thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES rrego@njpies.org On Thu, 5 May 2005 13:56:37 -0400, "jjk" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >My exchange 2003 trial has expired. I have the release version which I >purchased. > >Can I install as on update and not loose the data? If not, can I go in and >backup the date to PST files? > >thanks, > >Raul Rego >NJPIES >rrego@njpies.org &...

rules by category in outlook 2003
Hello, I have my contacts organized by Categories such as Business, Personal etc.. I have the following rule: Apply this rule after the message arrives assigned to Business category move it to the Business folder However, this rule has no effect, I click on run rules now, or when new mails arrive from my contacts in the Business category.. I found out the following.. if I right click on the message then Click on options, I see a category text box, if I assign the email to a Business category and run the rule, it works.. I don't get it... what is the point of the category if I cannot ...

Set default account in Outlook 2003
Hello! I have a client who has a hosted Exchange account (AppRiver) and a POP3 account in his stand-alone computer that is NOT connected to an SBS domain (but I am cross-posting there because so many large brains hang out there!). He wants to have the Exchange account be the default, but it sometimes flips to be the POP3 account "without me touching it" as he says. I have found several references to the exact opposite problem when on an SBS network, i.e., people want the POP3 to be the default but it reverts to Exchange. The fix for that is to add the following. Key: HKEY_LO...

How can I get a unique list of a column?
I have a column which is the name of cities. There are about 5 cities which is repeated in 50 records (rows). I want to get the name of this 5 cities in a separate column. How can I do this? TIA Rasoul Khoshravan Use Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. There is an option to filter unique records. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Yabi" <khoshravan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176190587.423150.254060@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a column which is the name of cities. There are about 5 cities >...

pop3 server not starting
brand new domain setup. server2003, exchange 2003. everything appears to work very nicely. upon rebooting the server, the virtual pop3 server doesnt startup. in services, the pop3 service is set to automatic and claims to be started. but the server itself needs to be manually started through exchange system manager. any ideas? Any relevant events in Application Event log? jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net wrote: > brand new domain setup. server2003, exchange 2003. everything appears to > work very nicely. upon rebooting the server, the virtual pop3 server doesnt > startup. in services...

delete old exchange server from AD
Exchange System Manager shows two servers - one of which no longer exists. Now I can't remove the old server, because it does not exist! (I get the error message shown below) Just to be clear: the old exchange server hardware is gone. I cannot uninstall the old exchange server because the hardware is gone. I can't connect to the old exchange server because the hardware is gone. My existing exchange server is still trying to replicate to the old exchange server which no longer exists. Presumably the information is held in Active Directory. How do I tell my Exchange server not...

Exchange 2003 Forms Logon
Hi there.... I am trying to have exchange 2003 view forms when using the webmail client to logon, I set it to use forms in exchange system manager, but upon login.... no forms :/ just a dialog box to logon... Can anyone help? thanks alot in advance Rudi Groenewald wrote: > Hi there.... > > I am trying to have exchange 2003 view forms when using the webmail > client to logon, I set it to use forms in exchange system manager, > but upon login.... no forms :/ just a dialog box to logon... > > > Can anyone help? I guess you mean Forms-based Authentication? Are you u...

Outlook 2003 and Exch CALs
This is a licensing question: If I buy Exchange Server 2003 (server license) and I buy Outlook 2003, do I still need to purchase the Exchange CALs? Conversely, if I buy the Exchange CALs, do I need to buy Outlook 2003? OR, do I need to purchase ALL 3 types of licenses? It's kind of confusing because on the product info page it says "Each Exchange 2003 CAL also includes Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003". It sounds like to me that if you buy the Exchange CALs, you don't need to buy the full price Outlook 2003. Yes? No? David. As far as I know buying Outlook (any vers...

Can I migrate my old Exchange 5.5 from NT4 to 2003 server?
Totally have no idea about how to do it. Any tips, please. Thanks a lot Hi, Exchange 5.5 will not run on Windows 2003. Exchange 5.5 will run on Windows 2000. The only version of Exchange that will run on Windows 2003 is Exchange 2003. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "yuner" <annie_bai2000@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Repost- account list balance and ending balance different amounts (in MONEY 2004
When I click Account list my bank balance shows an amount say "A" dollars.. but when i go to the particular account the ending balance is not "A" dollars but "B" dollars. Why is there a discrepency?? Also the cash flow takes the "A" dollars into account while computing instead of the current ending balance "B". The difference is "B-A=C dollars" Could it be because i cancelled a electronic payment of "C" dollars and marked it void in the account and then deleted it later thanks nithya ...

Urgent
Dears,,, How - using Exchange 2003- to manage two mail domains like (xxx.msft) and (yyy.msft) Via the same exchange server ( I Have only one Server) Also, I want to make my server is only backup mailserver for the mailserver that are hosted on the ISP server, in which when a message delivered to mailserver , a backup of it (copy) will be sent to my Exchange server that is in my LAN, either just it arrives or make a schedule to download all these messages to my Local Exchange server so, all my users will be connected to the local Mailserver to get their mailbox messages. Thank U &g...

Biztalk Server Partner Edition
I cannot find Biztalk installer on the CRM installation disks. The CRM integration datasheet from Microsoft says that CRM will ships with BizTalk Server 2002 Partner Edition, including tools and documentation for creating customized integrations. I need to buid an integration with another application based on Biztalk Server, the client has CRM installed and doesn't want to buy a Biztalk Server licence. Thank you, Doru It does not come with CRM. It comes with CRM Integration. They would have to have the "professional" version of CRM (which includes integration). ...

switch between xp and 2003
I have Access XP and Access 2003 installed on my pc. Is there an easy way to switch between the different versions? At the moment all applications default to using Access 2003. Try Accver from http://www.aylott.com.au/software.htm On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 04:07:02 -0700, jez123456 <jez123456@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Access XP and Access 2003 installed on my pc. >Is there an easy way to switch between the different versions? >At the moment all applications default to using Access 2003. -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in the newgroup and not b...

CRM not appearing in Server Management
Running CRM 3.0 on Small Business Server 2003. The installation seems fine other than the fact that under "Advanced Management" in the Server Management app, the CRM tab is not appearing. Anyone come across this? ...

Solution to System Manager crash in Exchange 2003 (Faulting application exadmin.dll)
Hi All, We run an Exchange 2003 SP1+ server here and yesterday when I rebooted the server, I could not start System Manager. It kept crashing with these errors: Faulting application exadmin.dll, version 6.5.7226.0, stamp 406d1e32, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, stamp 3e802494, debug? 0, fault address 0x000249d3. Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 3/28/2005 Time: 10:58:20 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Faulting application exadmin.dll, version 6.5.7226.0, stamp 406d1e32, faulting module ...