Disclaimers and Exchange 2003

Is there a way to add a disclaimer message to the bottom
of all outgoing emails.  Im using Exchange 2003.

I know there are 3rd party tools, but you'd think it
would be a feature built into EX2003.

My clients use Outlook XP to send/receive emails.  I
suppose I could make it part of their signatures, but a
user could delete or modify this setting.
0
anonymous (74722)

Download the trial version of GFI Mail Essentials which
allows one disclaimer while unregistered, and continues to
work when the trail period is over.

www.gfi.com/me

P.S.  If they're fed-up with SPAM this product will make
them happy again.  I use it to filter SPAM to one central
mailbox, called SPAM which collects over 20,000 messages a
month on a 75 Mailbox server.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

0
anonymous (74722)

Verifying I am a BCC recipient of a message in Outlook 2003
I've been getting numerous SPAM messages addressed to other people at my ISP. My ISP writes the problem off, claiming that I am a BCC to these messages. This may be the case, for even when I send myself an e-mail from work with my home address as a BCC, I cannot get Outlook 2003 to display the fact that I am a BCC recipient. I would expect that my address (and only my address) would show up as a BCC. I'd also expect to see it in the internet header. Further, when I use field picker to add BCC as a new column, my BCC is still shown as blank How do I confirm that I was the BCC reci...

Automatically importing address from emails into Outlook 2003
Hello, I have large number (100s)of emails in my INBOX and I want to add all the addresses into the address book of Microsoft Outlook 2003. Is there any tool/add-in/macro available that will do this automatically? It's urgent. An early reply would be much appreciated. I am also available at: karthikgk-AT-gmail-DOT-COM Thanks, karthik Found it ! www.ornicusa.com has a tool that does just exactly what I need. Good thing is that it works with POP3 mails and on Office 2003 and on all incoming/outgoing mails too. Infact, once installed, it works ike any regular Outlook RULE. Just what...

Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003
Hello everyone, We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003 (NOT cashed mode) in conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the user click on the Address Book icon insid Outlook, the Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown men disappear. Restarting Outlook sometimes can solve the problem. What causes this behaviour ? Does anyone have any updates or fixes to this issue ??? If yes, would you please notify me with the solution... ? I would appreciate it a lot... Thanks in advance Ri -- rtrimarch -------------------------------------------------------...

How do I make a Levy Jennings chart in Excel 2003?
How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory daily QC data? Hi, Jon Peltier shows you how to add your mean and standard deviation lines here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html HTH Martin "RayneLily" <RayneLily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADFC70DF-2277-4430-BDE1-7E41AE2836FF@microsoft.com... > How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory > daily > QC data? Try http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html .... and isn't it Levey-Jennings ? -- David Biddu...

can't authenticate to Exchange
I can't authenticate to Exchange with Outlook but I can access mail through Outlook web access. I am running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003. All of the clients accessing the Exchange Server work from home and use Outlook not Outlook Express. ON THE EXCHANGE SERVER SIDE: In the Exchange System Manager in POP3 Virtual Servers Properties dialog box, under the Access tab, under Access control \ under the Authentication button. I have Basic Authentication checked and Requires SSL/TLS encryption checked. In the System Manager in SMTP Virtual Servers Properties ...

Error c0070005 when trying to run Exchange System Manager
Hi Keep getting the c0070005 Exchange System Manager error message when I try to open System Manager, as a reslult I can't manage anything. Can anyone please help? Thanks Is this is? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q32391 -- thogar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- thogarr's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=185 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187051570 Thanks for the post, but I tried that and it still doesn't work Piet "thogarr" wrote: > > Is this is? > http:...

Extract email addresses from "to field" outlook 2003
Hello All, I would like to save a bunch of email addresses in the "To" field of an email I have received via Outlook 2003 in a corporate environment (Exchange Server I guess). I can only save to my contacts folder one at a time; otherwise, only the names are saved without the underlying email addresses. Any suggestions please? Thanks! Arbel ...

How can I keep the copy of my email on the exchange server
the company Lan: win2003+exchangeserver2003 I use outlook on my desktop to access my email accounts and it can read all the emails on the exchange server. Then I want to use the outlook with the same setting on my laptop to access the same account on this exchange server but find there is no email. I think, maybe the outlook automatically deletes my emails on the server after downloads them to outlook. So how can I read all the eamils on both computers? Thanks No, it doesn't as long as you do not connect to it by using POP3 or have a pst-file set as your default delivery location. T...

Exchange 2003
How do you access the IMS mailbox and System Attendant mailbox in Exchange 2003? I am noticing a number of mail items sitting in them that need to be deleted. Thanks in advance! Kit If you're talking about the system mailboxes on Exchange 2003, then I'd leave them alone. AFAIK, there's nothing in them that *needs* to be deleted. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Kit Adams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04db01c3dbb9$68958d10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you ac...

Network Check before Moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm going to be moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 shortly, and already have a Windows Server 2003 AD environment in place, with a seemingly happy ADC connecting to Exchange 5.5. I'd like to make sure that my Windows 2003 environment is optimised before making the move to Exchange 2003, specifically I want to look at AD replication, FSMO roles, DC/GC placement and anything else that you can recommend? Does anyone have some tools/scripts/checklists that I could use for my project. If I have to go through my environment manually I can, but I'm hoping that there is ...

Tutorial for Money 2003
Hello there I find the Money 2003 manual not very helpful. Is there no other tutorial available? There's an online guide - not sure whether it's the same as what you've seen: http://www.microsoft.com/money/support/manual/ and there is a tour online http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/tour/ There may also be some third party books available, but I've never looked. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.m...

Exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003
Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using Attributes with Enums http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attri...

new to win 2003
Hello, I am new to setting up winxp client machines so that they can connect to our network via vpn. Is it necessary to allow dial-in access for both the computer and the user? Can a user who has dial-in priveleages access the network from a machine not in ad? I am just a bit confused about setting up dial-in permissions for computers and users. Thanks ...

How to Hide My Main e-Mail Address in Outlook 2003?
I have several different e-mail addresses. Let's say my main e-mail address is me1@myhome.com. When I go to send an e-mail I want to use a different address of metoo@myhome.com. So I display the From field and choose the metoo@myhome.com. However, the recipient sees this in their header: "Me at My House [mailto:me1@myhome.com] On Behalf Of metoo@myhome.com" I don't want my main address to appear on their end. How can I hide it from the reader? Thanks in advance for your reply! Spudy Spudy, you wrote on Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:23:56 -0700: > I have several different e-ma...

Why does Publisher 2003 make 2000 pub files bigger when saving the
I have 2 web publications created in Publisher 2000. When the old files were saved "as a web page", the files where of a manageable size and in a structure controlled by the "index" file. When I save the same web pub as a Publisher 2003 publication "saving to the web" the files are all made bigger and my hosting company say the size exceeds my limit. Can anyone help me save the Pub 2003 publication in the old format. I have tried saving as Publisher 2000 but it wraps up the file in the new Pub 2003 format. Can anyone help please? Read the articles about the c...

Question: sharing exchange calendars
Sharing exchange calendars outside of the local domain Is it possible (and if so how) to share calendars in exchange from one local.domain to another remote domain? I have a domain abc.local and I would like to share calendars with people in a domain from another company called xyz.local. I was thinking that they had to be part of the same organization somehow but what if that isn't possible. Is there a way to do this? Can someone email me or reply to this post as i need help with this ASAP. My Email: backup (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thank you. My first thougt is Public Fo...

ADC migration from 5.5
Hi, I'm currently in the start of the process of migration from 5.5 SP4 to 2003, and have a question about the use of the ADC and the replication of accounts to the new system. At the moment we have two domains running, the older NT4 domain and the newer Windows 2003 domain, some of the domain user accounts have been manually moved over to the newer domain and are working fine, although the users emails are still linked to Exchange 5.5 with their owner accounts pointing to the new 2003 user account. My question is, when we start to use the ADC to sync directories, will the ADC cr...

can't recreate mailbox, EX 2003
Hi, I wanted to delete/recreate a mailbox in Exchange 2003. For testing purposes, I created a user and mailbox, then deleted the mailbox. I then ran Cleanup Agent, then purged the mailbox. I checked that user's Properties, and the Exchange-related tabs were gone. I next went to AD Users/Computers, right-clicked the user, clicked Exchange tasks...., and selected Create Mailbox. This succeeded, and the "Detailed" report indicates that the new mailbox was successfully created. But the new mailbox never showed up in the Mailbox list. I found KB284136 which says that the ...

Money: Upgrading from 2003 to 2006
I wrote a long article back in February detailing my experience attempting to upgrade from 2003 to 2005. At the end of this experiment I decided to completely roll back to 2003. What I didn't take into account was that Microsoft had unknownlingly locked me into the 2006 version by hiding a ticking timebomb in my application. Knowing that my downloads were weeks away of coming to a grinding halt, I had no other option. As long as I was upgrading for good though, I decided to write my new experiences for those of you interested. ---The Decisions--- My first task was to decide which option...

Exchange 2003
Hi Could anyone tell me if Exchange 2003 has a POP3 connector built into it? If not, could third party POP3 connectors be used with it? Thanks lewej > Could anyone tell me if Exchange 2003 has a POP3 > connector built into it? If not, could third party POP3 > connectors be used with it? Only the SMB version has a built-in pop-connector. There are several third party connectors that work fine. I've tried PopBeamer and GFI MailEssentials with no trouble. Eirik No it doesn't but I believe the SBS version does. There are plenty of 3rd party ones available that Google will...

Auditing Public Folders in Exchange 2003
Is there a way to setup auditing for Public Folders in Exchange 2003? I want to be able to receive events in the eventlogs whenever a change has been made to Client, Directory or Administrative permissions. ...

how to config no NDR on Exchange 2000?
how to configure exchange 2000 so it doesn't send NDR responses to other email systems to avoid mailbox phishing. any thoughts? I know there's an option for that in the 2003 version I don't have an E2k server handy right now, but check in ESM under Global Settings / properties of the default domain (usually a '*'). There's an option to not send non-delivery reports externally IIRC. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "MAC" <no_spam_ad_888@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OkK4zgE6...

Need Info: Two Domains, One Exchange Server (2003)
To clarify my subject, I am in need of documentation as to why can't Exchange 2003 SP2 can't communicate between two domains. EX: My university has two domains. One is the main domain that most users logon to and the other is a library domain. For one reason or another, the library decided to be proactive and setup an Exchange Server for there users (in the library domain). Some of the users in the main domain wanted you use the shared functionality of the Exchange Server and were setup for that. According to what I understand I didn't know that was possible without a "two w...

Exchange 2003 vs OWA NDR content handling
In Outlook 2003, and 2000, I only have an attachment with the title "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender". If I open up this attachment, I simply see the reason codes for the delivery failure. In OWA (Exch 2003) I will also see the message with the attachment, "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender". When I open this up, I will see the reason codes for the delivery failure AND I will also have an attachment which is the original message that failed. How come this does not show up in Outlook but it appears in OWA for the same message? Is there and Exchange setting that determi...

Excel 2003
Hi Guys: There is probably no way to beat this, but it's worth a try. I am downloading a list and if count this list with the following formula it gives me what I would expect. Column A = 285 names (contiguious) (Starts in row 2) Formula =COUNTA(A:A) gives me 285 Because this list includes a lot of repeats and I am interested in a count of unique names, I sort the list. Then in column B(B2) I insert the formula =IF(A1=A2,"",A2) and copy it down. This gives me a list with lots of holes where the repeat name occur. I use the formula: = COUNTA(B:B) and expected a number much les...