Disclaimer appears on inbound messages, and multiple times on repl

Our consultant added a disclaimer, at our request, to our Exchange 2000
server.  He used a VB script called SMTPREG.  This worked fine for a period
of time, then the system started adding the disclaimer to all mail, rather
than just outbound mail.  If a message is replied to, the disclamer is added
each time; i.e. reply internally seven times and you will see seven
disclaimers.  The disclaimer also appears on all inbound messages.  This
presents a problem with the integrity of the e-mail as a legal document since
it was changed after being sent.  So far he has not been able to determine
the reason for this.  Is this a common issue, and how can I correct it?
Thanks,
WWright
0
WWright (1)

Yes,
I have seen that before. When using the Script Sink its better to parse
the Sender and Recipient and decide "yourself" if a disclaimer has to be
added. Its more reliable BUT a bit slower since the SINK will
fire for every message.
Stefan

"WWright" <WWright@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our consultant added a disclaimer, at our request, to our Exchange 2000
> server.  He used a VB script called SMTPREG.  This worked fine for a
period
> of time, then the system started adding the disclaimer to all mail, rather
> than just outbound mail.  If a message is replied to, the disclamer is
added
> each time; i.e. reply internally seven times and you will see seven
> disclaimers.  The disclaimer also appears on all inbound messages.  This
> presents a problem with the integrity of the e-mail as a legal document
since
> it was changed after being sent.  So far he has not been able to determine
> the reason for this.  Is this a common issue, and how can I correct it?
> Thanks,
> WWright

0
stefan1972 (38)

Message killing SMTP service (long)
Anyone know why this message would bring down SMTP services on an fully updated and patched (including KB 827214) Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003? I removed this from my queue all is fine, put it back and SMTP service dies in just a few seconds. The only potential problems I saw, other than 673 recipients, were on lines 155, 245, 375, and 450. Thanks in advance ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Received: from MAIL.private.foobar.org ([xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]) by s002bsfl.diff-foobar.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0); Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:23:57 -0400 F...

default appointment times problems
When i re-open outlook and go to the calender, all the appointments times have changed to 1am on the start day - 1am on the day after it waqs meant to finish. So a 12 day appointment is now shown as over 2 days. How do you change the default appointment time settings so an appointment which is just typed into the day is from 9am - 5pm for example and will stay as a 1 day event when opening and closing outlook? All day events are 12 -12, not 9-5. If you want it 9-5, you need to make it for 9-5. All day appointment change to 1 -1 if you change the time zone or DST settings aft...

"Change Credit Details" button does not appear
I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the "Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' settings. In microsoft.public.money, mar11974 wrote: >I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the >"Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' >settings. See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281109/en-us helps. I've no idea if it helped the original poster, but it seems I have the same issue, and it didn't help me. I'm ...

multiple outlets centralized Inventory needs POS solution
One of our customer has multiple outlets. Selling is conducted through the outlets. they have a centralized warehouse. A POS solution is required Contact your local RMS dealer he can help. Store ops in each location then HQ in warehouse. "Haresh_ahuja" <Haresh_ahuja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B3A81A-2CDC-42A0-9327-9722661FAA41@microsoft.com... > One of our customer has multiple outlets. Selling is conducted through the > outlets. they have a centralized warehouse. A POS solution is required Haresh, You need a HQ for the warehouse and store op...

multiple or conditions
I have written syntax that doesn't seem to be picking up all my or conditions thus leaving me with an inaccurate answer. What am I doing wrong? =IF($I5>2.5,1,0)*OR($K5>2.5,1,0)*OR($M5>2.5,1,0)*OR($O5>2.5,1,0) *OR($Q5>2.5,1,0)*OR($J5>5,1,0)*OR($L5>5,1,0)*OR($N5>5,1,0) *OR($P5>5,1,0)*OR($R5>5,1,0) Look in HELP index for the proper syntax for OR -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "lschuh" <lschuh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3DCD1CE-4350-40E8-B1C5-0A1CEFCD5B27@microsoft.com... > I have written syntax ...

how to read my messages
Bonjour, j'ai sauvegard=E9 mes messages outlook sur mon disque dur,=20 et j'ai vir=E9 outlook. Est-il possible de lire =E0 nouveau=20 ces fichiers, sans r=E9installer outlook ? Merci (ils apparaissent en .msg) ...

How do I make Tags appear in a Process flowsheet in VISIO 2000 ?
Hi I am using Visio 2000 to create a process flowsheet. I am unable to see any Tags for the process equipments drawn on the sheet. Even the Hide Tag doesnt seem to be working. How do i make the Tags show up ? Thanks, Rahul Can you right click on the page to turn them on? Do you see the Process Engineering menu appear in the menu bar? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rahul" <Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6789D41-D698-4F16-A4A9-231FD124A24D@microsoft.co...

Bad (blank) messages stopping Outlook
We are running Exchange 2003, and clients are accessing via Outlook and POP3. Occasionally, completely empty messages (no sender, no message, no body) will appear in mailboxes, and Outlook will choke. We must then go into OWA, which clearly shows the message to be completely empty, and delete the message before Outlook can receive again. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix/work-around? The message Outlook produces at that point is as follows: ---------- Task '(email account name) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was...

Error Message about "sync server"
I'm syncing an iPhone to Outlook & get a strange error message -- the message is from Outlook, offers to review conflicts or not, then pops up the box with "Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented." What does it mean by "sync server"? bj Maybe this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/syncerror.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookfor...

Deleting a posted message
Is there a way I can delete a posted message OR at least take my email off. I have mistakenly given my email and have been receiving spam like anything. It would be really helpful if the admins of this group can help me delete that specific post. Use the .NET serializer to turn it to a string . Use the .Whatever in 2005, asking for MS for Permission to post an 'unmanaged' question. "Neo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:026501c3a56a$f77b3870$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way I can delete a posted message OR at least > ...

Error Message #63
When moving an outlook email object to a networked drive I have a user that receives a "not enough memory to process this command". The machine is running windows xp sp1 with 512K along with Microsoft Office 2003. The machine has to be rebooted after this error message in order to move the email to the networked drive. Thanks, in advance for your help Gary ...

time calculation
I need to do a check on the time.. if it is after midnight but before 5am then I need to minus 1 day off of the date. How could I do this? Hi If the Date and Time is in cell A1, use =IF(AND(MOD(A1,1)>VALUE("12:00 AM"),MOD(A1,1)<VALUE("05:00 AM")),A1+1,A1) ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** ...shortened versions would be =A1+AND(MOD(A1,1)>VALUE("12:00 AM"),MOD(A1,1)<VALUE("05:00 AM")) ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid...

Exchange web site appear Error in the IIS
Hi i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll up patched is installed on it when i checked the IIS that mornning i had found out that the exchange website folder appear in read Icon with error word so did any body know why its like so and how can i solve it Any support is appreciated Thanks Maged N. Roshdy On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:51:08 -0800, Maged N. Roshdy <MagedNRoshdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll >up patched is installed on it > >when...

in what order should i place multiple brochure pages?
i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it will print correctly . . . I would use one of the brochure templates, create, print it out and edit to my liking. -- Don Vancouver, USA "critic" <critic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2EA24A-EC9F-44EB-AB02-209FF66A1F77@microsoft.com... >i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it > will print correctly . . . ...

Can multiple cell results be displayed in a single cell?
Is it possible to display the contents of multiple separate cells in another single cell? If the results of several cells say B1, B2, and B3 are the amounts $10, $15 and $20, I would like to display them in cell A1 as follows: $10 $15 $20 I could do this statically by using text and the 'Alt|Enter' function within the cell. However, these amounts will change from time to time so I'd like a link. Is this possible or not? Thanks for any help. Brett Brett One way: In A1: ="$"&B1&CHAR(10)&"$"&B2&CHAR(10)&"$"&B3&am...

RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time
RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time, this would be helpful in creating PO's. Mutiple item selection is a standard in every software; you really dropped the ball with this one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Importing vcalendar data to multiple users
I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's calendar with pertinent calendar events. Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode? See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps. ME wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a > large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's > calendar with pertinent calendar events. > > Is there a way to import this type of data in batch...

Worksheet Change Event log for multiple cells
Dear All, I have a spreadsheet that is available here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b02e5h4/n/Worksheet_change_event.zip (although I scanned it for viruses please make sure you do it again prior to opening it as I cannot guarantee it's worm free). I would like to create a log file in an additional sheet (hidden probably) that would record every activity from column E after clicking a button assigned to a cell in that column and show these records in a worksheet Totals in a specific row. For example: Column A from a worksheet „Totals” corresponds with column A in ...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

How move multiplicity labels in UML diagrams?
How can you move the multiplicity labels on lines in UML diagrams? Also, is it possible to move the name labels? ...

Publisher should allow the deletion of multiple pages
I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much like the options available when printing pages. lejianzhong <lejianzhong@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much > like the options available when printing pages. Suggestion: Try here: How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q114491 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How to open multiple cases
Does anyone know if there's a way to open a case for several companies at one time? I've got a situation where I need to deploy a service bullitin for serveral companies. The title, description, etc.. are all the same. Thanks. Hmmm. Do you really need to open cases at first? If it's just a bulletin, then maybe you create a campaign to notify the appropriate customers, and then track the responses against the campaign. -- Microsoft Certified Professional - Dynamics CRM http://www.bturnkey.com "Coco" wrote: > Does anyone know if there's a way to open a ca...

Money 2005 error message
I use Money 2005 and recently when I click on "Connect to Bank" and the updating process starts, I receive the following message - "You cannot perform this operation right now. There is an online operation in progress - try again later." I can then click on "OK" at the bottom of this message and the updating will continue and doesn't appear to be affected by this action. I do not have anything else going on - I have even closed Windows Messager and that makes no difference. I would like to stop this from happening - any suggestions will be apprecia...

Find and loop help-multiple columns
I an trying to write a macro to search for a cell value in one column and see if it occurs in other columns I'm having 2 problems: 1. How can I look from the last used row up to row 4 in "myrange+5" as set below? 2. How can I look in all other columns beside the "myrange+5" column named "Route Number(s)"? Am I completely off track?? With lastperiod 'Find the last used column myrange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count ActiveSheet.Cells(1, myrange + 2).Select 'find the last row therow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Fi...

Rejecting messages that fail RDNS lookup in Exchange 2000
Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS lookup for Exchange 2000. I read in a couple of KB articles that this feature is not included within Exchange. Is there a way, maybe with a utility that someone knows of that would do this? TIA for any suggestions. sjordanmom@yahoo.com (K. Warner) wrote: >Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for >information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS >lookup for Exchange 2000. That's a bad thing to do no m...