Disappearing messages with exch & sbs2003

I manage a number of sbs2003 systems on different client sites and have
seen the same problem occur in a few cases. The setup is always the same
sbs2003, email arriving via smtp, CA antivirus.

An email arrives and is logged in the server log but is not delivered to
the users mailbox. Nothing shows up in the exchange mail tracking admin
tool if you search by origin.
Usually the mail can be found in the administrator mailbox, but not always.
CA is configured to ignore all the bits it should ignore and ExBpa doesn't
report anything untoward.

Any ideas on how can I track down what is happening? I've noticed this
happening most frequently on our own server, where there is no problem
switching on more debugging info or doing whatever. However I'm stumped as
to what exchange is doing.

Ian
0
ian9354 (25)

my "forum" answers have disappeared
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I posted my questions and got fast and fairly comprehensible answers back. Now 24 h later that I want to really try and implement those wonderful answers, the answers have disappeared!!! Where are my wonderful answers??? Unfortunately the Mactopia Forums have been riddled with issues since their inception, but this is a new wrinkle. Your messages & replies are there but for some reason they are not showing up unless you search using the Subject line content in the Search box. Utterly weird... I'll send up a flag on i...

messages very slow to download outlook 2007 vista
hi i have Vista, on Compaq Presario- just installed outlook 07 = had been using Windows Mail- and email messages are so slow to download - also ot gives up and i then dont get them at all- i am not good with puters and would be grateful for any help- also, i used the same email address from windows mail- helen ;-) ...

Outlook 2002 has stopped deleting messages
from my pop3 server. I have selected the following: Internet E-mail Settings>Advanced>Delivery *Leave a copy of messages on the server *Remove from the server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' What could the problem be? I have an accout with my university. They (I don't know how) are tagging certain e-mails sent to me as "Potential Spam" and that's great for me because it usually is spam. I set up filters to send this and other related crap to the deleted folder. When I first set this up it seemed to wokd like a charm, but now it doesn't at all. Advic...

Text message in asp.net
Does anyone know of a way to send a text message from an aspx page? We are doing email just fine and some of our customers would like to be contacted via text message. Any help or links would be appreciated. -- David On Aug 28, 3:40=A0pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to send a text message from an aspx page? =A0We= are > doing email just fine and some of our customers would like to be contacte= d > via text message. =A0Any help or links would be appreciated. > -- > David You need special hardware for this. Or may...

OWA body disappear
Hello together , Sorry to bother you with exchange's history .. but I need to make it !! I have and old Exchange 5.5 with Owa , it's working great , but , in the last month, OWA doesn't show body's messages , only header . Now , my server is updated, the difference, could be office 2003 , but it's only in a client . Anyone have an idea to help me ? Thanks in Advantage . On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:55:03 -0700, GoodWell <GoodWell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello together , >Sorry to bother you with exchange's history .. but I need to m...

Insertion Point on Reply Messages
We have a user who has a problem with his insertion point. Whenever he replies to messages that have come from outside the firm, the insertion point (cursor position) when he presses reply is the TO field. But all other emails from inside the firm, the insertion point (cursor position) when he presses reply is the MESSAGE area. This is what the user wants for ALL emails. This is what I have tried so far: 1. Ran Spybot and Ad-Aware 2. deleted outcmd.dat file 3. ran repair and detect to outlook 2000 4. uninstalled and reinstalled outlook 2000 5. start | run - outlook.exe /cleanviews ...

Messages still unread
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C37B79.3940E780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Suddenly my outlook xp is not marking items as read. I have it set to = show as read when selection changes. I have to manually mark things as = read. I have tried a detect and repair, but it didn't help. =20 Any ideas? thank you, Karen ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C37B79.3940E780 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE H...

Server rule that ultimately deletes a message?
Hi, I am trying to establish an exchange server rule that wipes messages that meet a certain criteria, without moving them to a folder or retaining them anywhere. I receive some unwanted large messages from time to time and when I am on vacation they fill up my exchange account until my quota is reached and the server returns rejects new mails. I was only able to install a "client only" rule for wiping messages, which does not help when I am away from my outlook. TIA for any hint on this, Regards DC DC <dc@upsize.de> wrote: > I am trying to establish an exchange server...

Messages with unreacheable destination
Since last week we started noticing that some of the messages were getting queued up in the "Messages with unreachable destination" queue and eventually it transfers to the smarthost (which is a Unix relay) after 5-10 minutes and then the messages are sent . We event turned on diagnostic logging on the Transport and couldn't find anything significant. Message delivery to the host '10.10.20.209' failed while delivering to the remote domain '[10.10.20.209]' for the following reason: The semaphore timeout period has expired. Current environment Exchange 20...

Outlook 2003
After creating a new message and clicking Send/Rec button, the message goes to the outbox but will not send. Looking at the message entry in the outbox, it is not italicized and has no "send" date attached. The only way to send the message is to "forward" from the outbox. This creates a duplicate message underneath the original which will send. If I single click on the italicized message it will revert to the "non-sent" state as described above. ...

#ERROR message for custom field function
I hope someone can help me understand this bizarre problem with a project plan that I've been using and evolving for the past 1 1/2 years to track a number of projects on a very high level (Project Portfolio Reporting): All of a sudden my custom field functions no longer work - even a simple Today = Now() function. It results in "#ERROR" being displayed. I checked to make sure that I did not remove any necessary custom fields, tables, etc. that are used by other calculations. (All looks good) I confirmed that I have the auto-calculate value set under Tools ->...

ref: exchange server still keeps a removed exch- svr name
Thanks for your respond What happen was that a server was setup with exchange 5.5 for testing purposes in an testing lab than later, by accident, it was placed on the network for about 5 minutes. It was removed from the network because a tech realized that this server was configured with exchange 5.5. Currently we have a server that is configured to with exchange 5.5 on the network. It is noticed on office 2003 professional that when the currently exchanger server name is used along with a mailbox name followed by clicking the CHECK NAME, the exchange server that was accidently pla...

Outlook 2002 error message #4
Trying to delete an old email, when I try to delete it , I get "unknown error". I cannot move it or do anything with it. Is there a fix for this? ...

Error Message #72
In the last few weeks. I have been having some wierd thing going on in my Outlook. The only think I can relate this to is adding a linksys router, though it makes no sense. Here is my situation. First off I am running Windows XP, Outlook, have Verizon DSL and Norton Anti-Virus. I have been running these programs for some time. The only difference lately is my new router. Worst issue is I am getting "error: "Your email message was unable to be sent because your mail server rejected the message." (1003,11) or (1003,12)" any time I try to send an email (with or without an at...

Original email message does not forward or appear in reply
When ever I want to reply or forward a message, the original message does not follow. How can I fix this? May depend on which version of OL you're using In OL2002 - Tools > Options > Email Options > in the lower portion of the window select the option under On replies and forwards K "Colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022d01c3d0d8$b2fca140$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When ever I want to reply or forward a message, the > original message does not follow. > > How can I fix this? ...

Control toolbox Buttons disappear on click
Hi, I have an excel application which uses a few buttons from the control toolbox. I have this weird problem where the laptop is connected to a projector, and when any of the buttons is clicked they disappear altogether. But when the projector is not connected to the laptop, the problem does not occur. Does anyone have any hints. This problem is faced by my HO, and I myself cannot see what's actually happenning first hand. -- - Mangesh ------------------------------------------ Office 2003 & Windows XP There have been a few posts about those controls disappearing--but I don'...

Windows mail error message 04-23-10
When we try to send a link we get a messag "Windows Mail no longer supports HTTP" not sure what to do now. Tried to set up "Register Hotmail" like was suggested but still get the error message -- John S This applies to WinMail as well. How to add your Hotmail account to Microsoft Outlook Express http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=99d4b13d-13db-40d8-9cdf-172002d4194c Hotmail and MSN Accounts POP3/SMTP Access http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!422.entry?sa=88094129 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Ma...

configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers
Can someone tell me why my exchange 2003 server received this error message. We only installed the first exchange server. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------aren.hnung@xyz.com on Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:47:09 -0400 A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <mail01.zyz.com #5.3.5> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Strange thing
Something strange happend... Outlook 2003 + Windows XP - there were problems with mail server (IMAP) after it I can see all messages in message list, however I *CANNOT SEE THEM IN VIEW WINDOW* - What's the mess??? Everything looks ok, I tried from other computer it works, but from my nothing! I tried to rerun outlook, restart the computer - NOTHING Helps... Someone see that? - PLEASE HELP -- Regards, Tamir Khason Especially those days you need a flexible IT service provider that can meet your needs through a broad set of offerings. TCON - A technology company that understands your busi...

DST
Did some message tracking on my fully patched E2K3 SP2 environment with 2K3 SP1 (also fully patched). Everything has been done for DST 2007. I noticed that message tracking is reporting message activity exactly one hour greater then the original message posted time. Has anyone else seen this activty in their environments? -- Joe Mancuso University of Md, Baltimore I've noticed the same problem. If I hear or find anything I'll be happy to share it with you. "Joe Mancuso" wrote: > Did some message tracking on my fully patched E2K3 SP2 environment with 2K3 > SP...

Exch 5.5 does not send email outside organization
Exchange 5.5 doesn't send email except my domain. If I send, for example, to a xxx@hotmail.com the user XXX never gets the message BUT: 1) Outlook Express in the sender computer doesn't show any errors 2) The message isn't listed in "Queues" in IMC/Outgoing messages 3) No error is logged in the Event Viewer It's like everything is working fine but it's not. I'm not an expert in Exchange so if anyone could tell have to make an enhaustive analysis (for example activing some log, checking some files, etc) It'd be appreciated. Other error (I don't know ...

Intelligent Message Filter #5
I have a domain with only 1 Exhange server. I don't have a bridgehead or front end box. Can I install the IMF on that one server that stores the mailboxes and Publick Folders and will it be effective? Also my clients run Outlook XP, do I need Outlook 2003 for the IMF to work? On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:24:24 -0700, Mark wrote: > I have a domain with only 1 Exhange server. I don't have > a bridgehead or front end box. Can I install the IMF on > that one server that stores the mailboxes and Publick > Folders and will it be effective? Also my clients run > Outl...

Action message needed on certain GL accts used in Payables trx's
We would like to have a pop-up action message within the payables module that is tied to certain GL accounts, i.e. if Acct # 123-456-78 is used, a box comes up and says "Send soft copy of this vendor invoice to the CFO" (or other important message). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

Error message #80
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Bobbie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed > rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Often caused by not properly authenticating to the outgoing server. However, you've left out a lot of information (Outlook version, account type, and so on) so it's virtually impossible to correctly diagnose the problem. -- Brian Tillman ...

This message board is a mess and absolutely no help
Does anyone know of a user group other than Microsoft for the Publisher 02 program? I can't find what I want here and it takes forever to get an answer Please, if you know of an alternative user group, please email me, so that I can get an answer to this question I have a bunch of useless clip art in the Publisher program that I want to remove and replace. What are the steps to do that all at once instead of going through individually and deleting the clip art? Geez, Chicago Gal, what makes you think that just bcause you have trouble finding something that this newsgroup is a mess? I ...