Disappearing Emails #2

This is a classic but I really neded help as I am new to E2K3.

I completed the installation of Exchange 2003 and joined an existing
Exchange 5.5 site.  I installed an Intenet SMTP connector on E2K3 not
realising that it woud also update the existing 5.5 environment.  This would
the mean that emails sen from the site would reroute through the E2K3 server.

There was a report that emails have not been flowing for sometime.  After
investigating and realsing that the installed connector to the new E2K3
server was reourting all these emails.  I looked on the queues in the E2K3
server and each one said 0, even for the SMTP connector.

I ad no option but to delete the SMTP connector on the E2K3 server so email
in the Exchange 5.5 organisation began to flow, but now, I have lost a lot of
emails.  How can I dinf them and how can I process these again.

Its a tricky one, but any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Mohammed
0
Mohammed (42)

i don't believe this is possible...retrieving any email that may have timed
out, or been in the queue when you deleted your connector is not
possible...however, any email that was affected by this issue should have
generated NDRs, if I'm understanding what happened...

"Mohammed" <Mohammed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a classic but I really neded help as I am new to E2K3.
>
> I completed the installation of Exchange 2003 and joined an existing
> Exchange 5.5 site.  I installed an Intenet SMTP connector on E2K3 not
> realising that it woud also update the existing 5.5 environment.  This
would
> the mean that emails sen from the site would reroute through the E2K3
server.

> There was a report that emails have not been flowing for sometime.  After
> investigating and realsing that the installed connector to the new E2K3
> server was reourting all these emails.  I looked on the queues in the E2K3
> server and each one said 0, even for the SMTP connector.
>
> I ad no option but to delete the SMTP connector on the E2K3 server so
email
> in the Exchange 5.5 organisation began to flow, but now, I have lost a lot
of
> emails.  How can I dinf them and how can I process these again.
>
> Its a tricky one, but any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Mohammed

0
susan1334 (131)

Function help needed urgently!!! #2
Hi anyone who can help... I have two sets of figures 1 is sales and 1 is target. Eg: Sales Target Incentive 5 5 In the Incentive column I want a formula that will calculate the Incentive payment for employees who exceed there target. The easy part is the if statement for example 10% of their sales if they exceed target: =if(sales>target,Sales*10%,0) The complicated part comes in to play when only when they hit multiples of 10 are they entitled to an incentive: If the Sales are 5 and the Target is 5 - no incentive. If the Sales are 10 and the Target is 5 - no incenti...

An advanced filtering issue #2
Hi all, Any way to use the advanced filter in order to get the needed result as in A14:F15 ? in order to show all the values of each month for the date 30-09-2005 . (please check attached sheet) Any other suggestion ? Thank you very much . +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: question abt advanced filtering.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3874 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- gaftalik ----------------------------------------------------------...

Reason Code Report #2
I sell a perishable product, therefore I need to be able to track product that has perished. In the help menu, under reason codes, it states, the information is stored for use in tracking and reporting. That is why I chose this method to record dead plants. Now I need to know the cost and profit lost of these dead plants, as well, I don't want to purchase them again. So how do I get the information???? I read about a guy tracking dead fish by making the item inactive, although he was having trouble, should I change how I track this info for the future? I would greatly appreciate h...

running macros #2
Hi, I have created a macro that imports data, sorts it, and delimits it. The macro in itself works just fine, however trying to run it a second time on a different file causes it to blow up. Prior to importing the data, I clear out the old contents so it doesn't prompt me to overwrite, the re-run of the macro WILL prompt me, and rather than overwrite, it appears to insert instead, and therby causes it to trash the existing data. I'd sure appreciate any help here. Thx. Without seeing your code, it's nearly impossible to tell. In article <58725910-CF96-4589-8CF0-76ADF515E2...

Charging 1 or 2 Taxes on items automatically
I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 taxes on the total. Thank-You B.W. It is easy: set the values in columns B and C as percents. Then D would have something like: =(1+B1+C1)*A1 With this set-up you can remove a column B or C tax just by setting the value to zero. -- Gary's Student "B.W." wrote: > I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable > on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 &...

XP Style button using MFC 4.2
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 6, MFC 4.2. Windows XP SP2. My problem is, how could I get the XP Style buttons on the dialog. If i dynamically create the button using CreateWindow() the button still looks same. I've tried 'Button Controls' article on MSDN but no luck. Could anyone help me? Thanks, Fahad Themes are handled by the system, and not on a button-basis. The way to give your application running on XP the themed look is to include a manifest resource. The resource can either be a resource compiled into your EXE or it can be a separate file in the same directory as your ...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

Non3rd Party: Multiple Taxes (i.e. 2 Diff States)
I posted this a few days ago, and had some great response, however, I am looking for a non 3rd party solution to this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? RMS V1.3flat I am trying to establish two different Item tax structures for two different tax authorities, let's say one for MN and one for ND state. Preface: I am giving this as a real HL example. Assigning taxes on a per customer basis will not work as a solution to this issue. Please do not take it literally that I need to assign per customer based on Billing or Shipping State. Example: MN Tax has: MN State, MN City and MN C...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

Email Messages disappearing
I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up to go to specific folders dependent on who sends it. Well, there are messages unread in certain folders it will have a number next to it. Well, I'll click on the folder and the number changes. Not one number but multiple. Like it says there are 5 messages in the folder unread, I'll click on it and then it says one and the other 4 messages are missing. I don't know what is causing this. Rachel rachel <rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up t...

Design checker question #2
I often get an "error" in design checker that says "Object is not visible." When I right-click and choose "Go to this item", nothing apparent happens. When I choose "Fix: bring object to front", nothing happens, and the error message does not go away. What am I missing here? Craig Select all, give everything a line. Does the phantom object show up? If it does, make a note where it is and do an "undo." At least you will know the area where to try to delete the object. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Craig Schiller" &l...

storing all email
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have all mail received by an exchange server to be duplicated to a particular mailbox to be retained even if the user deletes the email from there inbox? you want to look up "Journaling"...what version Exchange? "Mick853" <mick853@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:idyde.41389$c24.949@attbi_s72... > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have all mail received by an > exchange server to be duplicated to a particular mailbox to be retained even > if the user deletes the email from there inbox? > > ...

Outlook backups #2
I am trying to find out some information about outlook backups. I was under the impression that with Outlook 2003 you no longer have to close down outlook to do the backup. But I was just told by a friend that that is not true the .pst files are locked and you still can't back up no matter what software you use unless outlook is closed. Does anyone know of software that will backup outlook even if it is opened or possibly will close outlook before it backs it up? Thanks Philip There are 3rd party utilities that do this. But Microsoft produced a little addon to for personal folder ...

Some sent emails are not received by recipients

Deposit on Back Order #2
Hi , how can a take a deposit from a customer on MS Point of Sales Thanks. Ben, You can't, MSPOS doesn't support backorders, layaways, work orders, or quotes like RMS does. Here's a chart of the major differences between products; http://tinyurl.com/ngh4g -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on ...

Recover deleted email
How do I do this as I delted all of my email in error. Also, I am using outlook 2002 not outlook express. Thanks Anthony ...

Check links #2
Hello, I get this error message when I do a check links in Bank Managment Amount does not match with CB_Distribution FYI we just Upgraded from GP9 to GP10 sp3 Thanks ...

Visual Basic Error Message #2
After updating an application unrelated to Excel that I have been using for two years, evefry time I now start Excel (I'm using Excel 2003, by the way), I initially get a Microsoft Visual Basic error window popping up on my screen: "System Error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113). Catastrophic failure." When I click OK, a second Microsoft Visual Basic error window pops up: "Out of memory." I then click OK, the window disapears, and then everything runs just fine. All my calculations, prior work and spreadsheets and so forth, as well as new files I create are readily...

email signature
I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I have with my email signature. When I reply or forward an email the signature is fine, but when I want to send a new message the signature has double spacings between the text lines. Can anyone shed some light on this? Cheers. Please post your version of Windows Live Mail. -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "dazza" wrote in message news:C25D4E2C-F872-4D41-81E2-B48819A10B35@microsoft.com... I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I have with my email signature. When I reply or forward an email the signat...

OWA Question #2
I'm running Exchange 2003 with IIS 6. Is there a less graphical version or option for people that have a dial up connection? Yes. You can use the basic version per the following: 821909 Use Exchange Server 2003 Outlook Web Access Basic with Browsers Earlier http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821909 And this should help you with setting it up: 830827 How to manage Outlook Web Access features in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830827 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting i...

Count function #2
I have in Several Columns a list of Customer Names and for each column I would like to do a Count of how many in each column but when I do =Count(B2:B33) it returns a 0 and should return 4 Does a Count not work on text? Thanks! Hi, =Counta(B2:B33) if this helps please click yes, thanks "H" wrote: > I have in Several Columns a list of Customer Names and for each column I > would like to do a Count of how many in each column but when I do > > =Count(B2:B33) > > it returns a 0 and should return 4 > > Does a Count not work on text? > > Tha...

Outlook 2003 not closing #2
When I'm done reading and sending mail I close Outlook (It's version 2003, running under Windows XP) using the 'Close' button. After going through a day of opening, checking and answering mail and then closing when done, I've noticed that Task Manager shows multiple copies of OUTLOOK.EXE running. None of them seem to be taking CPU resources, but they do have memory assigned. During the day, I don't notice any error messages. Everything seems to be working fine. There are no clues to indicate that something hasn't closed until I try to re-boot the PC. Th...

E-Mail being delivered, but disappearing
OK, here we go. Whenever I log onto Outlook and do a send & receive, the status bar shows, for example, "receiving 1 of 5". It then proceeds to progress through the receipt of the five e-mails and finishes. However, when completed, there is no mail in my Inbox! It's not in any other folders either. It's just not there!! I have no rules in to send mail to a folder, and when I log onto the web service, there are no e-mails there, so I can only assume that they are being delivered. Yet, there's nothing in my Inbox. Zip. Zilch. Nothing. It has only recently star...

Excel cannot open email program.
I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as text in the body of an e-mail. I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas. On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the e-mail program" if I try the first option above. Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine. I "repaired" office just to be sure. Still doesn't work. Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office 2003 which I don...

Receiving Blank Emails from Outlook 2003 User
Hi! One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get a blank one from her. Any clues? She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. PMD Is Out of Office turned on? Pascal Dorion wrote: > Hi! > > > One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an > email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get > a blank one from her. > > Any clues? > > She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. > > > P...