Disabled then Re-enabled User account in AD...

I have just posted this issue in the Outlook discussion but thought i might 
try here as well.

I disabled a user account here and ended up re-enabling it after some 
confusion of the end date of the employee.  He can now log back into the 
domain and has access to everything again through group permissions and so 
on... but he gets this error when trying to access outlook: Unable to open 
default email folders.  The Attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange 
Server has Failed (Server Name)

I get the following event logged:
Exchange 
Event ID: 1022 
Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store 
Version: 6.0 
Component: Information Store 
Symbolic Name: msgidOwnerLogonFailed 
Message: Logon Failure on database "{name}" - Windows 2000 account {user 
name}; mailbox {mailbox name}. Error: {error code} 


It tells me this may becasue by:
A. a user trying to access their MB while it's being moved = false

B. The disabled Active Directory user account associated with the mailbox in 
question might not have the MSExchMasterAccountSID attribute populated. - I 
checked this as well as it is in fact not set,,,, but then again neither is 
anyone elses in the domain, unless im looking  in the wrong place?

C. The Active Directory user account might not have SELF listed in the 
permissions list.  Wel,l i checked this too under mailbox rights, it also was 
not there so I added it and gave SELF full mailbox access.  however i looked 
at serveral other accounts and they don't have SELF set at all under Mailbox 
Rights.

All DC’s have replicated the User account information to all other and 
including exchange.
I have no clue what is going on here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since he needs his email for the 
remainder of the week.

Thanks
Tony

0
Tony6013 (248)
6/12/2006 6:12:02 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
577 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 46

If you run the cleanup agent in ESM on the information store that this 
mailbox is part of does it show as disconnected?

Nue
"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:36B1B64D-E748-4951-92AA-56AACFC401C0@microsoft.com...
>I have just posted this issue in the Outlook discussion but thought i might
> try here as well.
>
> I disabled a user account here and ended up re-enabling it after some
> confusion of the end date of the employee.  He can now log back into the
> domain and has access to everything again through group permissions and so
> on... but he gets this error when trying to access outlook: Unable to open
> default email folders.  The Attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange
> Server has Failed (Server Name)
>
> I get the following event logged:
> Exchange
> Event ID: 1022
> Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
> Version: 6.0
> Component: Information Store
> Symbolic Name: msgidOwnerLogonFailed
> Message: Logon Failure on database "{name}" - Windows 2000 account {user
> name}; mailbox {mailbox name}. Error: {error code}
>
>
> It tells me this may becasue by:
> A. a user trying to access their MB while it's being moved = false
>
> B. The disabled Active Directory user account associated with the mailbox 
> in
> question might not have the MSExchMasterAccountSID attribute populated. - 
> I
> checked this as well as it is in fact not set,,,, but then again neither 
> is
> anyone elses in the domain, unless im looking  in the wrong place?
>
> C. The Active Directory user account might not have SELF listed in the
> permissions list.  Wel,l i checked this too under mailbox rights, it also 
> was
> not there so I added it and gave SELF full mailbox access.  however i 
> looked
> at serveral other accounts and they don't have SELF set at all under 
> Mailbox
> Rights.
>
> All DC's have replicated the User account information to all other and
> including exchange.
> I have no clue what is going on here.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated since he needs his email for the
> remainder of the week.
>
> Thanks
> Tony
> 


0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/12/2006 7:36:58 PM
nomas?  no msexchangemasteraccount sid
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555410/en-us

Old habits are hard to break and many IT departments still disable 
mail-enabled accounts.  This is not Best Practice.


"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:36B1B64D-E748-4951-92AA-56AACFC401C0@microsoft.com...
>I have just posted this issue in the Outlook discussion but thought i might
> try here as well.
>
> I disabled a user account here and ended up re-enabling it after some
> confusion of the end date of the employee.  He can now log back into the
> domain and has access to everything again through group permissions and so
> on... but he gets this error when trying to access outlook: Unable to open
> default email folders.  The Attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange
> Server has Failed (Server Name)
>
> I get the following event logged:
> Exchange
> Event ID: 1022
> Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
> Version: 6.0
> Component: Information Store
> Symbolic Name: msgidOwnerLogonFailed
> Message: Logon Failure on database "{name}" - Windows 2000 account {user
> name}; mailbox {mailbox name}. Error: {error code}
>
>
> It tells me this may becasue by:
> A. a user trying to access their MB while it's being moved = false
>
> B. The disabled Active Directory user account associated with the mailbox 
> in
> question might not have the MSExchMasterAccountSID attribute populated. - 
> I
> checked this as well as it is in fact not set,,,, but then again neither 
> is
> anyone elses in the domain, unless im looking  in the wrong place?
>
> C. The Active Directory user account might not have SELF listed in the
> permissions list.  Wel,l i checked this too under mailbox rights, it also 
> was
> not there so I added it and gave SELF full mailbox access.  however i 
> looked
> at serveral other accounts and they don't have SELF set at all under 
> Mailbox
> Rights.
>
> All DC's have replicated the User account information to all other and
> including exchange.
> I have no clue what is going on here.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated since he needs his email for the
> remainder of the week.
>
> Thanks
> Tony
> 


0
del731 (73)
6/13/2006 3:03:17 AM
Thank you this was helpful,  just for the record.. what is best practice when 
it comes to this situation?

Thanks again
Tony

"Del" wrote:

> nomas?  no msexchangemasteraccount sid
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555410/en-us
> 
> Old habits are hard to break and many IT departments still disable 
> mail-enabled accounts.  This is not Best Practice.
> 
> 
> "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:36B1B64D-E748-4951-92AA-56AACFC401C0@microsoft.com...
> >I have just posted this issue in the Outlook discussion but thought i might
> > try here as well.
> >
> > I disabled a user account here and ended up re-enabling it after some
> > confusion of the end date of the employee.  He can now log back into the
> > domain and has access to everything again through group permissions and so
> > on... but he gets this error when trying to access outlook: Unable to open
> > default email folders.  The Attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange
> > Server has Failed (Server Name)
> >
> > I get the following event logged:
> > Exchange
> > Event ID: 1022
> > Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
> > Version: 6.0
> > Component: Information Store
> > Symbolic Name: msgidOwnerLogonFailed
> > Message: Logon Failure on database "{name}" - Windows 2000 account {user
> > name}; mailbox {mailbox name}. Error: {error code}
> >
> >
> > It tells me this may becasue by:
> > A. a user trying to access their MB while it's being moved = false
> >
> > B. The disabled Active Directory user account associated with the mailbox 
> > in
> > question might not have the MSExchMasterAccountSID attribute populated. - 
> > I
> > checked this as well as it is in fact not set,,,, but then again neither 
> > is
> > anyone elses in the domain, unless im looking  in the wrong place?
> >
> > C. The Active Directory user account might not have SELF listed in the
> > permissions list.  Wel,l i checked this too under mailbox rights, it also 
> > was
> > not there so I added it and gave SELF full mailbox access.  however i 
> > looked
> > at serveral other accounts and they don't have SELF set at all under 
> > Mailbox
> > Rights.
> >
> > All DC's have replicated the User account information to all other and
> > including exchange.
> > I have no clue what is going on here.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated since he needs his email for the
> > remainder of the week.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Tony
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Tony6013 (248)
6/13/2006 5:29:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Images auto added to word documents
Yesterday I copied part of an image so that I could past it inside a document. Now Whenever I open a word document or try to compose a new email in outlook that image is automatically added to my document. In word it is added at the very top of the document. In outlook it is added to the signature of the new email. I checked and the image was on my clipboard, but I removed it from the clipboard and cleared it. Now it no longer shows up on my clipboard, but it is still in my emails and word documents. It doesn't show up in excel documents or powerpoints. I am running a ...

.Re: Using Xsl to group by unique values
"Anas M. Nebuchadnezzar XXXVII" <Duck@Kronkltd.net> wrote in message news:DLWdneiY8IsBdKPdRVn-uQ@comcast.com... > I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, seeing this problem > is pretty much straight XSL, but here goes. > > I'm writting a simple employee database, and I want to be able to: > A) get a node-set returning only unique values based off of a query. > (the names of all the managers) > b) loop through each of the nodes, sorted by the list of the managers. > > My Xml looks something like this: > > <root> &...

Re: 3rd Party AD Software #2
If you do not like scripting, you can try Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - www.imibo.com http://www.imibo.com/imius/default.htm || "aldz00" <aldz00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message || news:843E8408-F81C-4321-BFE8-209568D704FC@microsoft.com... ||| Ryan, ||| ||| The big thing we are looking for is to easily identify AD attributes in ||| user, distribution and security groups. Many times we need to identify || users ||| based on a certain criteria or make changes for the same reason. In || addition ||| to that, importing and exporting AD info from and to ...

RE: Prove security package from Microsoft Corp.
--gyzoeyucc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="slvadbjmmirqsssb"; type="multipart/alternative" --slvadbjmmirqsssb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ftqyximwjesh" --ftqyximwjesh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ...

Macro to record user name and date/time
Is it possible to record a macro that when someone on the network opens my workbook that it records the user's name, time and date on a hidden protected worksheet? Can this then be expanded further by if the user then changes something, either adds, modify, or delete information from my workbook then the user's name, date, time and changes (including worksheet name, cell co-ordinates (i.e. A1) and information modified from and modified too) are recorded on a hidden protected worksheet? Thanx in advance. Maddoktor ...

Is there a way to run a batch file just as a user is logging off?
I know that you can write DOS batch files, and place them in the startup folder. When the user logs in, the batch file executes. Is there a way to have a batch file execute when a user logs off? We need to find a way to copy some files up to a server, when a user logs off for the day. Thanks Rog On 03/01/10 5:47 AM, Roger Smith III wrote: > I know that you can write DOS batch files, and place them in the startup > folder. When the user logs in, the batch file executes. > > Is there a way to have a batch file execute when a user logs off? We need > to fi...

Help--user can't view queries? Error 2580
Hello, I have a serious problem. I have a user who cannot seem to view any forms that are based off of a query (just about all of them.) Instead, error 2580 "The record source 'qryX352' specified on this form or report does not exist." This has been happening for multiple queries, all of which I am positive exist. Only that user is in the database, and I have no security on the database, how could this be happening? Please help! Someone changed the names of the query or an underlying table? What happens when you run the query by itself? How are you positive that they...

OWA Adding extra Characters
OK For the life of me I can't figure this one out. I have a exchange 2k3 in a windows 2k3 native mode domain. We the user composes a e-mail through a outlook client everthing looks good no extra characters. But when a message is composed in OWA it will add a question mark before the message. Has anyone had this happen? How can this be fixed or am I just high? Thanks for your input Jeromy Yes, seen it happen. If not on XPSP2 on client, simply download the S/MIME control again from Options. If on XPSP2, install this patch: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;...

OT: Adding a larger HD
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C69A93.9D1C37A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Folks=20 Sorry for posting this here, but I can't think of a better place than = here as there are quite a few Sys Admins eyeballs here... In any case, I'm a newbie with Raids configuration and it so happens = that we need to increase our Raid 1 server HD from 120G to 250G. The = 120G is partitioned into C: & D: ... I have a Mirror software, Availl, = installed on C:... What's the b...

Adding Times up
Hi I am after some help in time. I have a time sheet that I want to add up how many hours and minute someone works. Col A is start time Col B is End Col C is total. A B C 09:15:00 14:30:00 05:15:00 09:15:00 15:15:00 06:00:00 09:00:00 14:50:00 05:50:00 09:00:00 14:45:00 05:45:00 12:00:00 16:15:00 04:15:00 No problem doing that but I want to add up col C so it returns hour and minutes. ? If I use what Excel help it says =SUM(F14:F20)*24 then get 27.08 which is not right. I think it should be 27.05 What am I doing ...

Attachments from Netscape Users
I am using outlook while a number of colleagues use netscape. When they forward e-mails to me, I am able to view e-mails that have been 'forwarded in line', but when they send emails as 'forward as attachment' I see a file with no extension in the OL attachment window and get an error 'could not open one or more attachments - the object could not be found'. Any ideas on the problem or potential solution??? ...

Outlook express crashes when switching accounts
I have a freshly loaded XP system which is current will all patches. Frequently when I attempt to switch to a different identity the outlook window disapears (as usual), I get the hour glass then a few seconds later the hour glass disappears but outlook express process also disappears. After this condition has occured, outlook express will not start unless I logoff or reboot. I attempt to launch, get the hour glass, then the hour glass disappears but no outlook express process or window. At no time is an error message or other anomolous behavior raised. ...

Cost accounting
I'm looking at the GP product for purchase and was wondering if there is the ability to do Cost Accounting? People try to sell me products that do Project Accounting or Job Costing which is not same as cost accounting. Another label is Line of Business accounting. Well if the functionality is available, I would appreciate a reponse from anyone in the group that is doing it. Thanks Hi Merle: What industry are you in? Best regards, Frank Hamelly NOVA Solutions LLC Several porduct lines that deal in the financial arena. Mortgages, ACH, Drafts, printing, consulting & Cards...

Disable Checkbox
I have an inventory form that I have a sold check box on. Once the check box is marked that the item is sold, I want it to be disabled ( I also have an embedded macro that runs when it is clicked to open the sold form to fill in the buyer information). So I tried to run this code: If Me![Sold] = yes Then Me![Sold].Enabled = no Else Me![Sold].Enabled = yes End If In the After update event. It errors out saying it can't disable the control while it has the focus. That makes sense. But then I am not sure where I should put the code? Or if there is a better way...

Uninstalling E3k and re-installing.
I have 3 AD domains, 1 is an empty root and 2 child domains. Child domaim A has Exchange 2K with 3 mail servers, 1 being a front end for OWA. Child domain B has Exchange 3K with just 1 server. Server in domain B is in its own administrative group. All exchange servers are in the same orginization. Exchange in domain B was not installed properly (all exchange folders are under the Program Files folder rather than Program Files\exsrvr folder. We want to uninstalled exchange on domain B and re-install it. We were thinking about installing a temperoray exchange server in domain B and moving al...

Adding to an existing Pivot Table
If I have created a pivot table and later add more rows of data to the main sheet (which the pivot table was created from), is there a way to update the pivot table (change the range of cells that the pivot table is referring to so that the pivot table now includes the new rows of data)? Hi, yes, you have to go to the pivot table, and click in the Change source area, it will take you to your original selection, then just extend the range "chilvers.s" wrote: > If I have created a pivot table and later add more rows of data to the main > sheet (which the pivot ...

Investing Cash Account
In older version of Money. The Cash Account balance was displayed on the investment page with the account. An example if I was viewing my Schwab account with it holding at the bottom it would display the cash account balance. Is this available in Money 2006. "mac0730" <mcauliffNO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns97456DA11A8B1mcauliffNOSPAMhotmai@207.46.248.16... > In older version of Money. The Cash Account balance was displayed on the > investment page with the account. An example if I was viewing my Schwab > account with it holding at the bottom i...

Creating a User Control Library
Hi all, In playing around with the techniques in this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479318.aspx#customcontrolfromusercontrol_topic7 as well as other sources, I've found the following: there are two ways to create a compiled user control / user control library: 1 - use the techniques mentioned in the aforementioned article 2 - create a "web application" with your user controls Each technique, however, has its pitfalls. If you use technique #1 then the resulting dll file that is created is given a funky name (usually web_app_[your control nam...

Disable wireless cards using group policies
I'm looking for a way to disable client wireless cards then they login to our domain but at the same time allow one IP schema to allow wirelss card connections (through a VPN). I haven't found any info as of yes on my own. Thanks, Todd Dear, can you explain that why you want to do this because these both are same access to your network. Regards, SMA "twood" <twood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049724A4-E71F-4A1B-B0E5-1E1E7476E056@microsoft.com... > I'm looking for a way to disable client wireless cards then they login to > our &g...

Email to all contacts in an account
Hello, I have CRM 4.0 and i was trying to send an email to an account with related contacts. the email was deliverd to the account email but not to the related contacts. i couldnt find a way to do it. Is there any way for the email to be sentl automatically to the contacts related to an account when sending an email to the account? any help would be highly appreciated. regards ...

Allow user to delete only records created by them
Good Morning! What would be the best way to allow a user to only delete records that were created by them? Better yet....is there a way to prevent users from deleting tasks and email that were created by workflow? I thought about stopping the deletion service, periodically run a query against the activity pointer base to check state code and iscreatedbyworkflow..change the record state code, then start the deletion service allowing it to run during the night to clean up other deleted records, then stop it again. Is there a better way to do this? I don't really want to update th...

Money Plus Deluxe: How do I disable adding of payees?
When I enter a payee that I haven't paid before into an account transaction (such as a credit card account), Money is now automatically adding the payee to my list of payees. For example, if I enter payee "Blah", Money is automatically adding "Blah" to the list of payees. It used to ask me if I wanted to add the payee. I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I recently reinstalled Money, but am using the same Money data file. How can I get Money to ask me if I want to add the new payee instead of Money adding the payee automatically? Thanks, Ted. Try setting To...

Adding Live Communications Contacts address List
I'm not sure if this is the correct Newsgroup for this question, but if you could redirect me, I will post there We have an Exchange 2003 server running in a 2000 Active Directory network. We just installed LiveCommunications Server on a seperate 2003 member server. I created all the SIP accounts, then added each user to my contact list, I then saved my contact list and imported the list to each user. Is there a way I can have the users pull view all Messenger users without importing contacts. Can I add an address book to Exchange I know a user can add a contact through messenger, bu...

Multi-user locking
I have a split database consisting of a Data.mdb file and a Front.mdb file, accessed with Access 2007. I am sharing this database with one other coworker, so we've put Data.mdb on a central shared folder, and each of us have a copy of Front.mdb (actually one of us is running a Front.mde from the shared folder). We're having some serious trouble with locking and being able to access the forms, though. The database contains 5 major forms and maybe 20-30 subforms, all accessing another 20-30 tables with lots of 1:n relationships. The problem we're seeing is that it seems as if when ...

Restrict user to a single PC
Hi, We have a SBS 2008 server and need to configure a user to connect to an specific computer and restrict access to others PCs. Is that possible? Thanks in advance, Danny Hi Not by any normal technology. I supose you could automate the logoff time for any users and require a fingerprint to logon, but seems a lot of trouble for the staff when a simple instruction (verbal as well as written) should do. There are many, many examples of employee behaviour that are best enforced by policy not technology. Coming to work on time is just one example. - Larry -Please ...