Disable recall message on the server

Hi,

Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side?  I
do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management
would like to make it so it never works on our server.  We are using Exch
2003 sp1.

Thanks,
Debra
0
Debra (44)

In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com,
Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server
> side?  I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook
> client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our
> server.  We are using Exch 2003 sp1.
>
> Thanks,
> Debra

Not that I know of. However, you might want to reassure management that
message recall pretty much never works anyway.

0
lanwench (7567)
7/24/2006 4:12:53 AM
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:01:02 -0700, Debra
<Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side?  I
>do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management
>would like to make it so it never works on our server.  We are using Exch
>2003 sp1.
>
>Thanks,
>Debra

Not as far as I know, but it doesn't work anyway, especially if the
message has gone out. What actual problem are you suffering that's
made you ask this question?
0
mark7219 (5666)
7/24/2006 7:10:25 AM
HI,

No problem, management just hates the whole idea of it.

Thanks for your help.
Debra

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:01:02 -0700, Debra
> <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side?  I
> >do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management
> >would like to make it so it never works on our server.  We are using Exch
> >2003 sp1.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Debra
>
> Not as far as I know, but it doesn't work anyway, especially if the
> message has gone out. What actual problem are you suffering that's
> made you ask this question?

0
Debra (44)
7/25/2006 8:12:02 PM
Everytime, someone in my compnay does a message recall to a message
that was send to a large Distribution List, it freezed up all the
mailboxes on that server. This takes about 10 minutes to clear up and
about 30 calls to my helpdesk.

Is this normal? Is there a way I can turn it off in Outlook if i can't
turn it off on the Server?

Debra wrote:
> HI,
>
> No problem, management just hates the whole idea of it.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Debra
>
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:01:02 -0700, Debra
> > <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side?  I
> > >do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management
> > >would like to make it so it never works on our server.  We are using Exch
> > >2003 sp1.
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >Debra
> >
> > Not as far as I know, but it doesn't work anyway, especially if the
> > message has gone out. What actual problem are you suffering that's
> > made you ask this question?

0
johcha (1)
7/26/2006 9:22:47 PM

In news:1153948967.387253.189830@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
johcha@gmail.com <johcha@gmail.com> typed:
> Everytime, someone in my compnay does a message recall to a message
> that was send to a large Distribution List, it freezed up all the
> mailboxes on that server. This takes about 10 minutes to clear up and
> about 30 calls to my helpdesk.
>
> Is this normal? Is there a way I can turn it off in Outlook if i can't
> turn it off on the Server?

Not that I know of. Why not just tell your users not to click on it?

> Debra wrote:
>> HI,
>>
>> No problem, management just hates the whole idea of it.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>> Debra
>>
>> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

>>> Not as far as I know, but it doesn't work anyway, especially if the
>>> message has gone out. What actual problem are you suffering that's
>>> made you ask this question?

0
lanwench (7567)