disable http protocol by default

Is there a way I can disable the http protocol for all new mailboxes by
default?

I want to disable OWA for all of my users except for about 5.  I am aware I
can use a tool like admodify to change the settings across all users in one
sweep, but is there a way I can I can ensure that all new users have this
setting disabled by default?

Many thanks inadvance

Marc

Modify Outlook Default Columns for New Folder??
When I create a new folder to store e-mail, one of the default columns is the "Size" column. I prefer not to have this column in my folders. I know I can right click and remove this column. Is there a way to modify my settings so that this column will never appear when I create a new folder in Outlook? Tom View, Arrange by, if Ol2003], Current View, Define views... reset the view (usually Messages) and modify it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

Default Microsoft Exchange Services Stopped (Critical)
Under System Manager - Tools - Monitoring & Status - Status are two first administrative groups: one called <servername> and the other called SMTP connector. The former says "Critical: Service not running" while the latter says "Available". Right clicking the former and clicking Properties reveals a tab titled "Monitoring" with a name entry of Default Microsoft Exchange Services and a the "critical state" column says "Stopped." The Exchange server doesn't seem to be having too much problems except that message tracking...

Disable Spell Check
Is it possible to disable the spll check feature in Word 2002? It depends what you mean by 'disable'. You can prevent the spell checker from checking a document by selecting all of it and applying the no proofing language parameter to the selected text. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>><...

Manual payment with credit card default distributions
When selecting payment type of credit card via a manual payment, I don=92t understand the default distributions of debiting AP and crediting Cash. Why is it crediting cash? Shouldn=92t it be crediting (increasing) the credit card payable account? We now owe money to the credit card company. Hi Jeet, There are two things going on in here 1. There is a payables trx that is being paid through a credit card. Here as far as the trx is concerned it is being cleared off through a credit card payment(as gud as paying cash to the vendor). So in payables the PAY type is getting debited and CASH typ...

Default font color
How can I set the default font color to anything but black? You can go to Format, Style, be sure the Style name is at Normal, hit modify over on the right, change the color. You'll have to do this to each workbook. I have not been able to figure out how to make it permanent. "ajb" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ugpNPqvdDHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I set the default font color to anything but black? > > You can create a new default template, with your preferred font colour: 1. Open a new workbook. 2. Choose Format>Style 3. Fr...

Default Public View has records but columns are blank
A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not show any values. There are a number of lines in the list with an icon only. If I try to delete one the message says select an entry before attempting operation. I cannot select the lijne either. Have created many views before and never seen this. Other views are ok? Hi Steve, Try publishing the entity and see if this resolves the problem. HTH, Niths "Steve" wrote: > A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not > show any values. There are a number of lines in the...

change inbox default form
how do i change the default form for inbox in outlook 2002 sp3? Tools-Forms-Design a form. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Peter Fuller asked: | how do i change the default form for inbox in outlook 2002 sp3? You can make a registry change to substitute your custom form for the default form. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm#ch...

rpc over http long logon time
How long should it take after Outlook starts before the prompt appears and asks for the password? Then afer that, how long before Outlook connects and starts downloading mail? Ours takes from 30 seconds to a minute for both steps. User are very confused why they start Outlook and have to enter their password a minute later, and still can't use Outlook for another minute. Thanks, Neal ...

VBA to default printer in Crystal Report
is it possible to set default the printer for crystal report to be the same as the printer setup in GP (Files>Print Setup)? eg: is GP is using Printer1, then when calling a crystal report using VBA, the printer will be set to Printer1. If GP is using Printer2, then crystal report will be defaulted to Printer2. thks in advance. Unfortunately that isn't going to work for a couple reason: 1. The biggest reason is there isn't any way to determine what the printer is in Dynamics. Not even with Dexterity. It just wasn't something that was exposed. So I can't think of ...

Re-enabling a disabled user problem
Hello, On my Exchange server (SBS 2003, Exchange 2003), I was recently instructed to delete a couple of logins of people who left the company. I like to simply disable them for a while just in case we need to get back into their mailboxes. One one such user, it turns out he still needs to use his mailbox. I re-enabled him, but all subsequent emails are bounced back ("The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator."). How do I open up the mailbox to receive emai...

Disable Recently Used Menu Options
How do I disable the option that only shows the most recently used men options. I want Windows to to show all menu options whither I hav used it before or not. It is a setting in the control panel but can't seem to find it. I have Windows XP. Thanks in advance. M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right click on menu bar. Select Customize. Uncheck the "Menus show recently used commands first" option. Stephani -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

Mouse Cursor disabled
I have loaded a Compaq 100 laptop with XP update 3, "new PC disk". It loads slowly, but shows no errors. However, the machine is unusable, via either the pad or plugged-in mouse. The cursor jumps all over; can't get it so do anything. Also, when START is hit, the screen comes up; the arrow keys seem to work, but the screen goes back to the version before start within a minute. From what I have seen, there is a problem with the mouse driver, but the condition of the machine is such that I can't get it online to request an update. The machine has a CD drive an...

How do I set the default zoom to 90% ? (i.e. not 100%!)
ms Excel 2002 /Windows 2000 Pro Hi How do I set the default zoom to 90% rather than 100%? I have a high resolution monitor, and have set the MS Windows 2000 text size to large. But in excel it is slightly too large and I keep needing to zoom out... Or is there a setting to change the screen DPI or something...?! Any suggestions? Ship Shiperton Henethe In my startup add-in, I have a class module, "MyWindowClass" with the following code (among other events): Public WithEvents oApp As Application Private Sub oApp_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Excel.Workbook) Wi...

New Message Defaults
Hello, How do you set the new message defaults, i have a user who's new message is set to web view by default and causes their text to look bigger than it actually is. Can anyone help? Thanks Tools>Options>Mail Format>Fonts... "AC" wrote: > Hello, > > How do you set the new message defaults, i have a user who's new message is > set to web view by default and causes their text to look bigger than it > actually is. Can anyone help? > > Thanks I do not see anywhere in there how to change the default view of the new mail message, just ...

ok to disable trace verbs?
Does exh 2003 need http trace method verbs enabled in iis for any reason? Ok to disable them? If you are thinking about locking down IIS so that it only supports specific verbs, I don't *think* that the TRACE verb is required. I'm basing this on a recommended OWA configuration for the URLSCAN.INI. See KB 309508 for more information. -- Jim McBee - MostlyExchange Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com - Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/ "ksb" <ksb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18F6822E-6115-4E0C-B938...

Default Address Book
When I go into NEW and hit TO my address book comes up with the whole address book. How do I make the default my office only and the rest showing under the pull down on the right hand side. In the regular windows version under tools you had an option called services and you were able to change that default there. I cannot find anything even close to that in XP Thanks Please restate your questions more clearly. Include accurate descriptions of what you are doing and the Outlook versions you are using. Try not to confuse operating system version with Office versions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP...

How to disable Contract Template window?
Hi All, Can we disable the pop up window to select Contract template, which comes up while creating a new contract? That means, whenever we crate a new contract, it always opens a pop up window to select contract template, can we disable that window not to pop up and takes a standard value for contract template? Any suggestions. Thanks in Advance. Ashwani Not in a supported manner. You could probably edit the underlying ASPX page though to remove the call. However, no telling what this might impact. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- -----------...

RPC over HTTP problem... Please help
I'm trying to setup RPC over HTTP but for the life of me I can't get it to work. Environment Exchange on non DC win 2003 SP1 DC and GC on win 2000 SP4 I have follows all the instructions to the letter in the following articles. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124876(EXCHG.65).aspx http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-RPC-over-HTTPS-single-Exchange-Server-2003-environment.html http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/ISA-Firewall-Publishing-OWA-RPC-HTTP-Single-IP-Address-Part1.html I've also followed all the troubleshooting suggestions. Yet I ca...

Disable standard form buttons
Hi How could I disable (=hide) standard buttons like "look up address" and "recalculate" in QuoteForm or "send mail" in AccountForm ? Thanks Sebastiano Have not seen this in the standard package...you may be able to modify the underlying source code but it would be unsupported "Sebastiano Castrini" <castrini(remove)@libero.it> wrote in message news:%239HVo7zMEHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How could I disable (=hide) standard buttons like "look up address" and > "recalculate" in QuoteForm or "se...

Change Default Folder for a specific Template
Hi All, I am sure that this is a really simple question, but here goes. I hav a PO template that I want to always save to this folder S:\Purchas Orders\ENG POs when it creates an .xls . I cannot seem anyway just t change this one template's default directory. Is there a way? Thanks, SheGee -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You could add an auto_open() macro to your template that will change the folder path. And a before_close() routine to reset it before closing. -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "SheGeek >" <<SheGeek.zs364@excelforum-n...

Default settings
In Microsoft Word How can I change the default settings for "Page Setup" so that i don't have to go and edit them each time i open a new document (At the moment for all new documents that i open the top and botom margins are too big and the gutter is enormous. Each time i open a new document the cursor is almost one third down the page) From the page setup dialog, change the settings to what you require, then click the default button at the bottom of the dialog. If prompted to save the normal template when you close Word, do so. If that doesn't fix it, open the n...

Form becomes disabled/text invisible
Hi, I have a class that inherits from Form. It's pretty simple; it displays text. I have multiple of these, which get constructed dynamically. Unfortunately, if I click on one of these Forms, it becomes disabled, and the text inside of it is no longer visible (the scroll bar is no longer visible, etc.). In fact, it causes the rest of the windows to become disabled as well. It's as if the application has become too busy to maintain the Form's visibility. The application is multi-threaded. What's going on? Thanks. Julie Julie skrev: > Hi, > I have a cl...

Always asking for default profile
Hi there. I'm using Win XP and Office 2003. Now that I've installed a Pocket PC, if i sync it when outlook isn't running, it asks me to select the default profile. It does this even when I tick the box marked "set as default profile". I don't get this message when I run outlook - only when I sync it. Any ideas? John ...

Changing defaults based on sent-to address?
Is it possible in Outlook 2003 to have certain reply-to and signatures applied to messages based on their sent-to addresses? I have a forwarding address that I use for more formal correspondence and a POP3 account/address I use for regular email. I would like to set things up so that if a mail is sent to the forwarding address that when I reply it will use my "formal signature" and "formal reply-to address". Is this possible to do in Outlook 2003? I looked into different profiles but it seems like that is meant for different accounts (POP3 servers) of which I have only ...