Different Ways to Prevent Users from Internet Mail

Can someone please provide other means of preventing a domain user from
sending out mail - except for internal .LOCAL addresses?

Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 Native Mode - thanks.

0
jpaul (12)

"JPaul" <jpaul@mail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone please provide other means of preventing a domain user from
> sending out mail - except for internal .LOCAL addresses?
>
> Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 Native Mode - thanks.

0
Megan

Mail pane freezes
No matter how I switch between panes in the Navigation Pane, the Mail pane on the right remains frozen. Using the "Go" menu and keyboard shortcuts don't seem to help. How can I correct this? ...

Changing the Default Mail Form
I have created a new outlook template (.oft file) and want to assign it so that it becomes the default form when creating new mail message. I'm sure that there is an easy way to do it, but the simple solution has thus far escaped me. I know I can create new message and then select it by choosing a form, but I want to avoid this step if possible. Thanks in Advance Dan I think it has something to do with stationary, but when I create new stationary it brings in the images as a red "X" What might be the solution to this? Thanks in advance "Dan" <hiptolik@...

What's the best way to learn Pivot Tables and using Macros in Exc.
I think the best way to learn is to find some data and play with it. I think it's better to use real data and have a result in mind--so it's not just an exercise. Pivottables: Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm And Debra's own site: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html John Walkenbach also has some at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm (look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database) Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm MS has some at (xl200...

step for setup mail server in domain
Hi, We want to setup new exchange 2007 server in the domain, and wehave installed exchange server and also able to send mail to internal users but unable to send mail to external mail ids, Please tell me all required things that we need to be done like public ip , domain registration, dns settings... i don not know about these steps,,but have the knowledge of exchange server 2007 can i send mail to external domain for only test purpose , Step by Step for setting up Send Connector, http://www.petri.co.il/configuring-exchange-2007-send-external-email.htm As for se...

automate copying of mails in outlook
hi, how can i automate copying of mails in outlook public folders to C drive? thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm for tools that may be able to help. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message news:%2394KYEFBFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > how can i automate copying of mails in outlook public folders to C drive? > thanks > > is there ...

programmatically add control for user interaction/feedback
Hi there I am using Excel 2003 and VBA to programmatically create an Outlook 2003 e-mail message. All is working perfectly on this score ... I want to ramp up the sophistication a bit and let a user who receives an e-mail enter some text in a textbox and return the data to me by reply e-mail. Is it possible to programmatically add a control (say, a textbox) to an HTML e-mail message using the Outlook object model from within Excel 2003 using VBA? Best regards Loane Not on the recipient side, which is where it sounds like you'd want it. = Any self-respecting email program will ...

Outlook 2000 e-mail
I receive e-mails with no problems, when I open them and read them still no problem. Its when I close the e-mail its gone no were to be found. Normally the e-mail should show icon of an open envelope,but my e-mails just disappear.... It's probably just hidden. Check View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"? If so, that explains the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it disappears when an "unread messages" view is set. Change the view back to Messages and your hidden messages should reappear. Also, make sure y...

How do I merge similar data across different excel worksheets?
If you have a unique key value that's on each sheet, you could use =vlookup() or =index(match()). You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html MK wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Outlook Limit of 100 Selected Mail Items?
The subject is a little misleading. I can of course select more than 100 mail items, but Outlook starts to behave differently when I select more. I work on a public mailbox, where hundreds of mail items are managed using categories. In principle, there is a master category list that everyone uses; but in practice, of course, people add their own without telling everyone. When I select up to 100 items in this mailbox, right-click and select Categories, Outlook shows the list of Available categories, and any categories among the 100 selected items that are not in my Master Category List are in...

Is there way to give project ownership to another user in bulk?
All I know right now is to go into PWA, edit the properties of each project and pick a new owner. Is there a programmatic way to do that for lots of projects at the same time? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Hi Andy, I think you'd need to code this somehow. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "anovak@unt.edu" wrote: > All I know right now is to go into PWA, edit the properties of each > project and pick a new owner. Is there a programmatic way to do that > for lots of projects at the same time? > >...

Outlook 2003: 2 Users share 1 inbox, 1 POP/SMTP acct w/o Exchange Server?
My wife and I need to share a common Inbox in OL 2003. ( One logon at a time) We have seperate "contact Lists / Address Books" however we can share common In-Box sub-folders for saved email. We're not a business and I don't see a need for an "exchange server." How can this be done in Outlook 2003? It came with our new system. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

E-mail #34
Hello everybody, Is there any way I can have Office Outlook notify me when I get an E-Mail much like the way Hotmail Messeanger does? I don't like leaving it open and I hate having to launch it everytime I check my E-Mail. Thanks. "AAdam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2338101c45e71$3ed68ca0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello everybody, > > Is there any way I can have Office Outlook notify me when > I get an E-Mail much like the way Hotmail Messeanger > does? I don't like leaving it open and I hate having to > launch it every...

ESC key is the only way to Save the Record?
I'm having a very strange issue here: The only way to save my record is to hit the ESC key? - I have a Tabbed Form on my Main form, with Subforms on each Tabbed Page. - The Main form is based on tblBids - The Tabbed forms are all based on Linked Tables/Detail Table to allow for Many to Many. - When I create a new record, the Main form data will not save until I hit ESC? - Once done, I can then enter the Subform data but cannot save that until I hit ESC? I do not understand what is going on here? I have the correct relationships, correct tables, and my subform Link Master/Child fields ar...

Create users on GP V9 on SQL2005
After you create users and give company access on the Client/Server installation you go to the physical client to logon, you cannot logon using any of the users that you have just created, the only way that you can then logon is by logging in as SA on the client, go to Setup, Users, call up the user that you want to use to logon to that particular client machine, save the record and come out, only now can you successfully log into GP with this user. On the server, was the DSN used to access the app setup to as '(local)' or '.' as the Servername rather than the full ser...

custom function that reads user information
Hi, I am looking for a custom function that reads some kind of use information (either author name, or even excel registration number that is somehow unique (so best choice might be registration number and that is stored somewhere on a persons computer. I want to incorporate an If statement, so that the function onl returns a proper value if the information read from the person' machine is identical to that specified in the function. Any help is greatly appreciated! a -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check this previous posting http://tinyurl.com/32nuj -- HTH ...

Different Views
I'm a little confused. How come I get different views depending on where I use CRM. If I use CRM from the server, I can get access to pretty much everything, settings etc, but when I use my desktop and goto http://server:5555 I only get My Workspace and a few other options, no settings. Also if i personalize my workspace, there are more options if I use the server than I do if I use my desktop? M This sounds like your user account doesn't have the roles assigned to it to give you access from the desktop. Each user can have unique access rights depending upon how you have set ...

What are the differences between ActiveX, OLE and COM
....thx.. COM is *component* object model, not common. >-----Original Message----- >Amuro wrote: >> ...thx.. > >There's no difference. Just marketing names > >COM => Common Object Model (Microsoft word for CORBA) >OLE => Object Linked embedding (new word for COM, used mainly in >MS-Applications) >ActiveX again new word for OLE > >Let the flaming begin ;-) > >Greetings, Urs > >. > Amuro wrote: > ...thx.. There's no difference. Just marketing names COM => Common Object Model (Microsoft word for CORBA) OLE => ...

archived mail?
How do you retrive archived mail? outlook 2000 - 2002 If you go to Tools > Options > Other > AutoArchive > you should see a Path statement indicating the location of the Archive.pst next go to File > Open > Outlook Data File (or Personal Folder File) and point it to the path statement. "wilsont" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00d201c3d489$34bdae00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you retrive archived mail? outlook 2000 - 2002 ...

Converting User IDs to User Name
Hello I have a macro which I've been using for quite some time. This macro allows the user to identify the User IDs of people listed in the spreadsheet. However, I now need a macro to do the reverse. That is, it needs to find the names of people whose User IDs are listed in the spreadsheet. If possible, it would be great to list the given anme and surname in separate columns. Is it possible to modify the macro below to achieve what I want (i.e. so that it does the reverse of what it currently does)? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Joe. -- If you can measure...

Registered User Name
WinXP.SP3. I have installed Windows XP in my computer from an OEM copy that came with my system. I have always kept my system updated but never registered the copy of Windows with Microsoft. Recently I noticed that whenever I try to install a new program, the user name and the company name that appears on the initial install screen defaults to somebody else's name. When I look at the General Tab of the System properties, it appears that the software is registered to that stranger's name and company. Is there any way that I can change the user and company name to my...

have to add user to local admin group
Hi all I am running Exchange 2003 sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. Everything is isntalled on one server, AD and Exchange are on a single server. I am faced with a troubling problem. I need to give rights to a user so they can add email enabled contacts into an OU. I have given the use the delegated perms to do this, and they can add user to this OU no problem. I have also installed the Exchange admin tools and 2003 admins tools on the users machine. In order for the user to create contacts with an email address in the OU, I have to add this user to the local administrator group on the Exchang...

Automated Access Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop E
Automated Access 2007 Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop Environment (aka Terminal Services ) I have set up an Access 2007 application that automatically reads data from a SQL Server database, generates several reports, and then pushes these reports out to several files in PDF format. After the report files are generated, I use VBA code in Access to fire up Outlook to e-mail the reports as attachments to several department managers. This system is initiated by the Windows Scheduler at 4:00 AM every day and is run with no human intervention. In order to avoid th...

Outlook sounds (e-mail notification) activation
Hello! I've a little problem with the configuration of my Outlook XP. I wanted to activate the sound e-mail notification so I went in the 'Options' window, 'other' tab, 'advanded options' button... Then, when I clic on the box 'make a sound' a message tells me that 'Microsoft sounds are not installed on my system. To install it, go on the web, with the link 'Outlook on the web' in the '?' menu in Outlook'. But... I didn't manage to solve my problem with the web site... For information, I have nothing in : Control Panel-> Soun...

Mail Merge file from Pub 98
I have a mail merge file from Pub 98 that I'm trying to open with Pub 03. It's not working. The 03 version doesn't even see it as a file for use. I'm using XP and my Pub 98 disc blew up in my cd drive. Anyone know how I can get 03 to read the 98 file? Are you getting an error message? Do you still have the data intact? Is it a Publisher list or something else? Do you have problems opening other 98 files? Sometimes Norton will cause problems. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us I've had ...

CRM Time Clock Different Then System and Server Clock
Hi All, I have run into an odd situation whereas one of my users CRM lists a different time clock within CRM. When they create an entry in CRM there is a three hour difference between the time they enter it and what is actually recorded within CRM. For instance, the user will enter an update of information about a client and a conversation they had. They enter it at 11am and yet CRM shows that the entry was entered at 8am. Both the users local time clock and server are set for the correct time for Eastern Standard Time. This only appears to have happened with one user. No other ...