Different display names

Hi
Is there any way to have an account display differently in the FROM field
compared to the GAL (Exchange 2003).

We would like the user to appear in the GAL as "Bob User" but when an
external recipient reads an email it should be displayed as "Bob of Company
<bob.user@company.com>".

Cheers
Stuart

How Can I switch CRM Outlook between two different servers
I have a development CRM database and a demo database. I want to know if there is any way that I could switch back and forth between the two so that I can have my outlook online show the CRM development database when I am coding and switch it to the demo database when I am talking to customers. I only need this in On Line mode of CRM Outlook intergration. Is this something other people have run into? Is it possible to do this? Is there some setting I could change? Mike Take a look at the CRM Client registry setting on the workstation. The usual disclaimer applies. "Hotwheels...

Excel 97
I have 2 different pivot tables, each with a total. If I select both totals using Office 2003, the SUM of the 2 cells appears in the bottom right of the spreadsheet. If I try to select the same 2 cells using Office 97, nothing happens and the cells are not selected. Can anyone confirm whether or not this function is only available with Office 2000 or later? ...

CTreeView not display tree in release mode
I wrote SDI application with CTreeView class. When I run my application under Control Visual Studio in Debug or Relase build Tree is displayed ok. When I run my application without Visual studio (Running from Windows) the Tree is not displayed (Viev is blank) Do somebody know it problem? lucck wrote: > I wrote SDI application with CTreeView class. When I run my application > under Control Visual Studio in Debug or Relase build Tree is displayed > ok. When I run my application without Visual studio (Running from > Windows) the Tree is not displayed (Viev is blank) Do somebody know...

How do I get a list button to be displayed?
I've Created a List but when the cell is not selected the button does not appear therefore it's dificult to remeber where the list is.... color code it? "Phil" wrote: > I've Created a List but when the cell is not selected the button does not > appear therefore it's dificult to remeber where the list is.... > > Yes tried that and of course I can then see where the list is but is there an option where u can select that the buttons remain in view ( a bit like filers...) thanks "Mike" wrote: > color code it? > > "Phil&q...

Name>Define shows in sheet
How do I get rid of the name defined for a range and which shows in the sheet? It does not print but it cloggs the view of what is underneath. Tx, Pierre Pierre - These don't show up unless your zoom is below 40%. That's pretty small, isn't it? I don't think you can turn these labels off. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Pierre wrote: > How do I get rid of the name defined for a range and which shows in the > sheet? It does not print but it cloggs the view of what is underneath. > Tx, &...

update in the workbook by different users
I have a worksheet shared by 6 people at sharespace. Please let me know how can I control the parallel updates of all in the sheet. e.g Let us say all users open up file at same time t. If user 1 make some change and save it at time t+1. Then if user 2 is saving it at t+2, updates entered by user 1 will be missed out. Please advise how can I manage this using macro or sharing control. regards sanjay Don't use a shared workbook, you will always loose some of the data. Excel isn't design to handle conflicts that occur when multiple peole read and write data. Inst...

Named properties quota exceeded
I got lots of in the log: Event ID 9667, source: MSExchangeIS, Category: General Failed to create a new named property for database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (NJ-EXSVCS)" because the number of named properties reached the quota limit (16384). User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM" Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046 Named property name/id: "Location" I have no clue about this. Does anybody have any idea about this? Thanks a lot in advance! Welcome to the club Joe!!! I have asked the same question here and...

how do i print single envelope with select contacts name
how do i print one envelope with a select contacts name and address from my outlook contacts? also, - how do i back up my contacts in outlook? - how do i import data from my palm address book into outlook? - when i go to my email address book, the names are listed in alphabetical order according to FIRST name not last. why? how do i change this? ...

How to display function as value?
When I use a function such as Average, the result is displayed in the cell as "=AVERAGE(E3:E8)". How can I get the cell to display the value instead of the function. (In "Tools\Options\View", Formulas is not checked.) Excel 2003, SP3 Thanks, Don Culp Format the cell as general (or anything but text) In xl2003 menus: format|cells|number tab Then hit F2 and enter (to "update" the cell's formula). Don Culp wrote: > > When I use a function such as Average, the result is displayed in the cell > as "=AVERAGE(E3:E8)". How can I get the ce...

Cell display in 2007
After revising a formula in Excel 2007, the new number is presented overlaid on top of the previous number in the cell. If I minimize EXCEL and then then maximize, the cell data presents correctly. Formula, Calculation Options is set to Automatic. The size of the spreadsheet/file does not matter. I've only had EXCEL 2007 a few weeks and my PC is new. Our IT shop has changed PC's virtual memory to 5120-8192 with no improvement. There have been reports of a bug in a windows update for office 2007 November 10th Can cause "visual leaking" from one sheet to an...

Calculating differences in dates
I want to calculate the difference between todays date and dates in the future in days, hours and minutes eg Today 30/06/2005 10:37 Future date 03/07/2005 11:48 Difference 3 days 1 hour 11 minutes What formula should I use and how should the cells be formatted? Thanks for any help -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

CrmTranslations.xml
Hello, I've got an attribute (new_telephone), the attributename is Telephone (private), I've changed the display name in the Form to just "Telephone", and thats exactly what i want, the two names have to be different, when i open a company now, it shows me "Telephone" in the Form, but when i go to "Advanced Find" it shows me "Telephone (private)". Thats how I need it. The problem I've got now is that when i want to translate it into a different language, for example german, it just does not work. I've got 2 different entries in th...

Create a "View" for Accounts that displays Primary Contact's email
Hi, Today I created a new Account View for one of our business units. The view displays a listing of the particular type of Account that the business unit serves. When I asked the business unit if that View helped them, I got a reply saying that the column for Account Email was good but they preferred a column for the Primary Contact's Email. It seems that out-of-the-box, I can't use the web front end to include a column for the Primary Contact's Email. I can (& I have) include a column for the Primary Contact which displays the Contact's name. Of course, unlike t...

Display Monday's date only on x-axis
Hi - I have a daily time series in which I want to force my chart to display the date only on Monday and all Mondays (as this represents week commencing). How can I do this from a chart setting or VBA Function. Bruce You can try formating the x-axis. If you click on the x-axis tow black square will appear at the two ends of the x-axis. Then click right mouse button and select format axis. If you don'tr get frmat axis, keep trying until you do. It is a little tricky. You can fix the min value of the axis to any value. "Bruce" wrote: > Hi - I have a daily time ser...

List values based on different values selected
State : Type1 : Type2 : Type3 : Alaska Arizona Type1 Alaska1 Type1 Arizona1 Type2 Alaska2 Type2 Arizona2 Type3 Alaska3 Type3 Arizona3 Alaska1 Alaska2 Alaska3 Arizona1 Arizona2 Arizona3 1.1 2.1 3.1 11.1 12.1 13.1 1.2 2.2 3.2 11.2 12.2 13.2 1.3 2.3 3.3 11.3 12.3 13.3 1.4 2.4 3.4 11.4 12.4 1.5 2.5 3.5 11.5 12.5 Above is the worksheet which i'm trying to solve. When state "Alaska" is selected, Type 1 should list the values 1.1 - 1.5; Type 2 should list the values 2.1 - 2.5, so on When State "Arizona" is selected, type 1 should list the va...

Money 2004 Date Format Displaying Incorrectly
A nitnoid problem, but one that bugs me all the same. I am running Money 2004 Premium on a Windows 2000 operating system. I have my computer date regional options for date format set to: Short Date = dd-MMM-yy (e.g. 18 FEB 04) Long Date dddd, dd MMMM, yyyy (e.g. Wednesday, 18 February 2004) MY PROBLEM: Yet, in my Money 2004 version the date format shows as follows in the date columns of all account registers: Short Date = 18-2-04 (instead of 18-FEB-04) Long Date = February 18, 2004 (instead of 18 February 2004) When I change the regional options for dates to other formats, it...

Costs recorded in GL different than Inventory module
We're trying to compare transactions in the G/L to those in the Inventory module. To do so, I dumped the GL20000 table for a single Originating TRX Source and compared them against the same TRX Source records from the IV30300 table. For this particular source code, the amount posted in the G/L was different than what was in the EXTDCOST (Extended Cost) field of the associated IV30300 record. Further investigation found that it was related to a Purchasing Invoice that had a price variance. Here's what happened: 600 units of Item A were received @ $5.23 each; then, an invoice for ...

Length of report display field in Activity Tracking Report
Whenever we try to print activity tracking reports , the description truncates after 100 characters even though the activity is longer. Is there a way to adjust this setting. I have tried using the report writer and reducing the font size, resized the security description field, changed the print settings to landscape, but it still cuts off after 100 characters. Any suggestions? Hi Leni, As I can see from the SQL table (SY05000) the length of the description is already 99. How are you planning to extend it from the logical side? In other words, you cannot change it without Dexterity ...

Reply Message displays columm of the words "Plain Text"
In Outlook 2003, when I reply to a message, the reply message goes into normal view with a columm of the words "Plain Text" on the left side of the reply message. How can turn off the columm of the words "Plain Text" in normal view when I reply to a message? "Word 2003 to edit email message and Word 2003" and "Word 2003 to read Text email message" is check on. it sounds like you have the option enabled to view styles in use. can you make the column wider and narrower by dragging the center line? I'm not sure how to disable it other than it&...

Issue in General Entry Posting -Huge amount going to Rounding Difference Account
One of the users posted a Multicurrency Transaction in through General Entry. After posting, the transaction is displaying properly when we view in Originating Currency. When we change to Functional Currency, Amount in 1 account is showing 0 while that amount is showing in rounding difference account which should not be the case even though amount is showing in the actual account in originating currency. Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks Janakiram M.P. Just to update, as I could not post attachment here, I posted the attachment also in Dynamics GP Google group. The...

access inboxes of different email accounts
I've started using Microsoft Office Outlook but for the life of me cannot find how to access inboxes of different email accounts - I can of course access main account - help please - thanks. David "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD42A038-4326-4EBA-AAA5-94404C671DD2@microsoft.com... > I've started using Microsoft Office Outlook but for the life of me cannot find how to access inboxes of different email accounts - I can of course access main account - help please - thanks. David Is this using POP mail or Exchange? Also what version...

Entering users names in shared workbook
I would like to have a shared workbook that will show the users 1st nam next to a cell which they have to answer yes or no. This is to allow me to see if an action has been performed, and if s by whom. Any help would be much appreciated. Andy -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andy, You could use the Track Changes function to do this. This adds the username as a comment, with change details. One problem is that Username under Options is just a string which can be changed and cannot be relied upon. Better to rely upon the username that the user logs into the machine with,...

Excel Formulas look different
I received a spreadsheet of mine back from a coworker, and all the formulas now look something like =Totals!R[3]C[-1] instead of =TOTALS!C73. Anyone know why they changed and how to change them back? -- User13 The second sheet has R1C1 Reference Style enabled. Follow these steps to fix: If in Excel 2007: <Office Button (in top left corner of screen)> <Excel Options> Click on "Formulas" tab Un-select R1C1 reference style If in Excel 2003: <Tools> <Options> I think it's under General Tab (i think... can't remember exactly as i'...

Problem with help files getting launched from dialog's belonging to different Exe's
Hi all, In my application I have two exe's.when ever I launch the Help file from a dialog,keep it open & go to one of its child dialog & launch the help file from there,it is refreshing the already existing help file.but if I keep the help file open & launch a help file from a dialog belonging to the other exe ,it is launching one more help file instead of refreshing the already open one. The exe's are different,but as the application is same I want only one Help file to exist at a time,even the help file's may be launched from the dialog belonging to different...

Different folder of exe and dll
Hi, I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same folder of the .exe. I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll exists. How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it with the desired dll path?? Yoav. [Yoavo] > I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same > folder of the .exe. > I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll > exists. > How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it > with the desired dll path?? You m...