Difference between these two PUBLIC FOLDERS

FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE
GROUP > SERVERS > Server name > FIRST STORAGE GROUP > PUBLIC FOLDER
STORE > PUBLIC FOLDERS

and

FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE
GROUP > FOLDERS > PUBLIC FOLDERS

What are the difference?????
0
Calvin.Lai (25)

the first one is the folders that exist in that pubic information
store...the second one is your entire public folder hierarchy...

"Calvin Lai" <Calvin.Lai@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE
> GROUP > SERVERS > Server name > FIRST STORAGE GROUP > PUBLIC FOLDER
> STORE > PUBLIC FOLDERS
>
> and
>
> FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE
> GROUP > FOLDERS > PUBLIC FOLDERS
>
> What are the difference?????

0
susan7353 (1225)

A ghost folder in my Outlook
The other day I noticed that my Outlook was not synchronizing with the Exchange server, so I deleted the offline folder and then the sync went fine. For good measure, I also ran the SCANOST which detected and repaired an error: **Beginning PST/OST recovery **Attempting to recover all top-level objects **Attempting to walk all folders !!Hierarchy Table for 20A2, row doesn't match sub-object: irow = 7, RowID = 2223 **Attempting to locate any orphaned folders/messages **Attempting to check top-level objects for consistency ??Deleting SDO Everything apparent...

open folder
Whenever I start Outlook 2000, one of the sub-folders always opens up expanded, all the others are closed. The program starts with the inbox selected which is as I want it, but how do I get this particular sub-folder to start up closed? Outlook doesn't seem to remember the current setting when I close it. I cannot find anything under Tools. Thanks in advance, Geoff. ...

DL's from "Personal Folders" empty after moving them to Exchange "Contacts"
Hey everyone, We were running a Linux (PostFix) mail server where everyone was using POP3 and a .pst file to view their email. They were using Outlook 2000 as the client. We are moving to Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Our DCs are Windows 2003 too. Here's the problem: After we convert a user we move all of their data from their .pst file up to the server. After we do that, we see that their DLs on the server side are now empty! Anyone know what is going on? Any white papers? Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Clayton Sutton wrote: > Hey everyone, &...

range of data from different sheets
I'm having trouble creating a graph because the data is spread on different sheets. I've got a new sheet for each month and I'd like to produce a trend graph. Do I have to bring each set of numbers onto the same sheet, or is there a way to have a range of data spread over various sheets? I hope that makes sense! For any given series, for any given set of values (x or y) the data must be on the same sheet. Other than that, you can have data on multiple sheets. So, for one series you could have the series name on one sheet, the x- values on a 2nd sheet, and the y-values on a...

create a drop down list with the source from a different workbook
Hi, I tried to create a drop down list (Data > Validation > List) with the source from a different work book (If you type the list in a different workbook, define a name with an external reference to the list.). I followed the instructions given in the Microsoft Online Assistant. Iam not able to create the same as iam a getting a message stating that "You may not use references to other worksheets or workbooks for Data validation criteria." Try Debra Dalgleish's web site on this subject: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Scroll down to "D", and see ...

How do I save data with different colored fonts in EXCEL 2003?
I have a rather large spreadsheet with some data set to different colors that mean different thigs to those of us that use it. For some reason, these color changes are not being saved when I save my spreadsheet. When I open my spreadsheet again, the colors are gone. Which version of Excel are you using? Are you sure that you're saving the spreadsheet as Excel (and not as some other file type which Excel can read)? Is the resultant file keeping a suffix of ".xls"? If not, then the data is being saved but not the formatting specifications. Next time you save the ...

VPN and Public folders access
Hi all I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing group, two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5 server. All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all connected by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when a user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to there network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there username password, this mail server is in another ...

Code that Runs nightly to export folder into a csv
I had posted on other forums but I haven't gotten a reply and really hoping someone here can help me or point me to someone who can. I was wondering if you can give me any information on how I can do this. I am not familiar with VBA programming other than excel recording macros and editing them slightly so sample code would be greatly appreciated. The task I am trying to perform is as follows: Every night, I would like to export all contents of a single folder "XXX" into a single .csv file and then move the contents to another folder named xxxx_mmddyy . Any ide...

Qn on Restricting a public function overriding in base classes ?
How do we achieve the following : Class Baseclass { public: int funXYZ(); ..... }; Now, How do I modify the definition of the above class to restrict any other Class which derives from Baseclass, from over riding public function funXYZ(); Note that, the function funXYZ() needs to be public. Is it possible ? "satlal" <satish.lalam@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:dg942b$67e$1@news.mch.sbs.de... > How do we achieve the following : > > Class Baseclass > { > public: > int funXYZ(); > ..... > }; > > Now, H...

Exch Pre-production NICs differs from Production servers
I have a pair of clustered Exch2003 where I plan to test patches, Service packs, anti-software updates ,etc. Those pre-production servers will have different NIC adapters than the Production servers. That's because I have fiber connection available to the Production servers, but I will have to use copper cables to the pre-production ones. An alternative would leaving both Production and Pre-production clusters setup without 'NIC teaming'. In that case, they would have same NIC configuration (one fiber NIC and one Copper NIC each server), but no teaming. Please let me know which ...

CRM Emails should be stored in the Sent Items folder
In CRM 1.2, When an email is created using the 'CRM E-mail' button in Sales for Outlook, the sent email is stored in the 'Drafts' Outlook mail folder rather than the 'Sent Items' folder. In addition, if the email is saved first rather than sent (which correctly stores it in the 'Drafts' folder), and then later sent from the 'Drafts' folder, the original draft remains in that folder and the sent email also appears in the 'Drafts' folder. This causes confusion for users who need to check CRM each time to satisfy themselves that the CRM Ema...

user flooded with "not read" receipts from two years ago!
Today (9/14/2006) I have a user who just got about 200 "Not Read" receipts from emails originally sent from 11/15/2004 to 12/17/2004. From all kinds of internal recipients, and interestingly, they all say email was deleted without being read on 8/22/2006 at 8:16 AM. Running Exchange 2003, user client is Outlook 2003. Don't (consciously) have any mailbox management policies. Only thing I can think of is that about that time (8/22/2006) I was doing a restore to a recovery storage group. Don't think that should have mattered, and heck, why today? Thanks for any poin...

Different tax rates
We operate a garden center on the edge of some different tax zones. If a customer comes in and picks up and order or products, they are only supposed to pay the tax based on where they take position of the goods, but if we deliver it to them, and they live in a different taxing district, we have to collect their local taxes as well. How should this be handled in RMS?? Steve, wouldn't you need to configure your tax schedule based on customer basis instead of item basis. your walk-in would be considered taxable at pick up location tax and deliveries would be based on locati...

when i import a file into a Word it adopts different formatting
When importing a file the document adopts odd formatting. For example - paragraphs suddenly appear in bold - alignment changes etc. It does not adopt the format of the original document. I know that I could use Format Painter to correct this - but the documents are often very long and it is too time consuming to do so. Which styles are applied to the inserted text? Modify those styles in the target document. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Chelbo" <Chelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDEBA41C-0657-4...

Can I have one register from two accounts in M03 and in import question
I have just begun trying-out Money 2003 and am having trouble doing what I want to do. I have two accounts, one is a Merrill Lynch money market account which contains my portfolio and my VISA account and I also write checks in that account. The second account is a Credit Union account in which deposits are made and from which I pay bills. I would like to have one register that will contain all deposits and expenditures, including the VISA charges, from both accounts. Can I do this and how? Also, ML only keeps 90 days worth of transactions. I would like to load the entire year into Mone...

exchange 5.5/2003 with mixed mode 2003 domain public folders
Hi, I have recently completed some work for a potential customer, I am recommending that they in place upgrade their existing NT 4 domain to 2003 based on various reasons that I do not want to go into here. However, they also want their single exchange 5.5 org in the same domain to be migrated at the same time. This will be a mixed mode 5.5 to 2003 migration. At this stage the domain will be in mixed mode and will not support universal security groups. The customer uses public folders quitre heavily, I do not know the exact amount, but the user base is 2500 approx. They use distribution list...

Find all the files in a folder
I had been using the FileSearch function to locate all the files of a particular type in a folder. Office2007 appears to have replaced that function with a FileSystemObject class, but i can't get that to work. Here is what I had been using. Any help would be appreciated. Set fs = Application.FileSearch With fs .LookIn = Range("C7").Value .SearchSubFolders = True .FileName = "*.csv" If .Execute() > 0 Then Row = 1 For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Hi Phil This works in 2007 although it is not clear from your co...

join two documents
How do I join two files (12 pages one, 10 the other) so that I have only one document of 22 pages? Open both files (run Publisher twice) then cut or copy from one and paste to the other. -- Don Vancouver, USA "MARCO" <MARCO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:374A07F4-58E0-4A58-88DF-6B5FCC58435B@microsoft.com... > How do I join two files (12 pages one, 10 the other) so that I have only one > document of 22 pages? ...

public folders and global address list
Hi Folks, I have some calendars set up in my public folders for scheduling purposes representing certain conference rooms. I would like to place these calendars in my global address list so that when inviting to meetings, a meeting will be added to that room's calendar (as opposed to scheduling a meeting for people and room separately). Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks ahead of time! Matt Public Folder calendars don't make good resource calendars. The better option would be to create dedicated resource user accounts and mailboxes (i.e. user called Conference ...

Two Lower Filters
Hello, I have vendor provided USBSTOR lower filter. I wanted to add my filter driver below the USBSTOR lower filter. I actually want to filter the requests further. I'm not sure if this is possible to have two filters one below the other, but I just wanted to check on this. Thanks nd Regards, uba You can have as many filters as needed in a given location. You cannot guarantee that your filter is immediately below another filter because some other filter may get there first. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http:/...

Retrieving the Top 10 of the Average of Two columns, but displaying a third
I'm new to Excel programing, so please bear with me. I have an excel spreadsheet with 3 columns. Column1 Column2 Column3 -------------------------------------- John Doe 5 3 Jane Smith 2 9 Bill Smith 4 2 What I need to do is take the average of Column 2 and 3, find the highest average of the entire list and display Column 1 as the final result. In other words: I need to create a Top 5 List of the people with the highest grade average. I don't care much for displaying the grade, I just need the top 5...

User is two
Hi, In Exchange 2k3 SP2, a user send me email internally. When I reply, I get a postmaster report that the address does not exist in the organization. When composing a new message, and when writing the first few letter of that user account name, two identical address appear. I can send to one but receive from the other, to which I can not send. How to fix this creepy situation? Thanks Yba On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:59:02 -0700, yba02 <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >In Exchange 2k3 SP2, a user send me email internally. When I reply, I get a >postmaster repor...

Move information from exchange server running different domain to
Hello My company has recently bought a new business. The users of the running were using outlook.They want to keep all the information that including contacts, calendar, mail. I have created accounts for all of them in my AD and also mailboxes. What is the best way to move all their info into my exchange server. I ma running a different domain and the other company was running a diff domain. They will have new email ID"S from my company. In news:8AA1C3FC-9829-4AEC-80C4-30C9840CA91C@microsoft.com, KPM <KPM@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello > > My company has r...

"Save as" dialog hanging on certain network folder
I am trying to troubleshoot a very small business network. There is a folder shared from a Windows XP Pro machine, and when initiating a save as dialog to this location, many office applications will hang when it appears to be loading the contents of the folder. I have tested Excel and Word, versions 2000 and 2003. Navigating to the folder in explorer works just fine. I thought rebooting would help, but the issue appears to effect the machine even after a fresh boot. Some machines on our network behave correctly. Others will hang for a short while but eventually load the conte...

Sybari Antigen ASM Junk Mail Folder
We have just turned on the Sybrari Antigen ASM Junk Mail filter for our Outlook clients on our Exchange 2000 server (Sybari is version 8.0) running on a Windows 2000 SP4 server. We are running IIS 5.0 on the same server in the default location of C:\Inetpub\wwwroot for OWA. When you try to access the new folder in Outlook you get the following message. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: ...