destination email system invalid

i'm trying to forward for one of my employees.  they have a static ip and
their own domain.
when i forward it says
512 destination email system unknown or invalid.  i know im doing the
forwarding right because i can forward to my home email
help
i have SBS2003 and exchange 2003
thanks
Pam
0
Pam1 (264)

Pam wrote:
> i'm trying to forward for one of my employees.  they have a static ip
> and their own domain.
> when i forward it says
> 512 destination email system unknown or invalid.  i know im doing the
> forwarding right because i can forward to my home email
> help
> i have SBS2003 and exchange 2003
> thanks
> Pam

Create a mail-enabled contact for her in ADUC - with her external email
address. Test sending to the contact directly. If it works, set up her
mailbox with a forward to that contact, and then hide the contact from the
address list if you wish (in the exchange advanced tab of the contact).

If you can't send mail to the email address in the contact directly, it's a
problem with her other mail account/domain - check it out at
www.dnsreport.com

0
lanwench (7567)
10/16/2004 12:46:24 AM
First of all, I'm sorry for the multiple posting, it kept telling me that my
post didn't post so I reposted.
Second, I think it works, but the other party is not there to check her
email right now.
They have a vpn connection but outlook won't connect, which would be the
easiest way, is there a setting that would prevent them from owa or
connecting outlook?  I connect over my vpn just fine.
thanks for your help

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Pam wrote:
> > i'm trying to forward for one of my employees.  they have a static ip
> > and their own domain.
> > when i forward it says
> > 512 destination email system unknown or invalid.  i know im doing the
> > forwarding right because i can forward to my home email
> > help
> > i have SBS2003 and exchange 2003
> > thanks
> > Pam
>
> Create a mail-enabled contact for her in ADUC - with her external email
> address. Test sending to the contact directly. If it works, set up her
> mailbox with a forward to that contact, and then hide the contact from the
> address list if you wish (in the exchange advanced tab of the contact).
>
> If you can't send mail to the email address in the contact directly, it's a
> problem with her other mail account/domain - check it out at
> www.dnsreport.com

0
Pam1 (264)
10/16/2004 2:07:08 AM
Pam wrote:
> First of all, I'm sorry for the multiple posting, it kept telling me
> that my post didn't post so I reposted.

No problem - I suggest however that you look into using a newsreader (OE,
Forte Agent, etc) to read news rather than the CDO/web interface...it's a
lot better, and easier to do nearly everything that way, including
searching, which is always a good idea to do before you post, as well as
mark messages to be watched, and filter based on replies to your posts.

The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can
subscribe to as many groups as you like.

> Second, I think it works, but the other party is not there to check
> her email right now.

> They have a vpn connection but outlook won't connect, which would be
> the easiest way, is there a setting that would prevent them from owa
> or connecting outlook?  I connect over my vpn just fine.
> thanks for your help

Not sure what you're getting at. VPN connection to what? Setting up a
forward means she doesn't need to connect to your server at all. What is
this issue you're having?

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Pam wrote:
>>> i'm trying to forward for one of my employees.  they have a static
>>> ip and their own domain.
>>> when i forward it says
>>> 512 destination email system unknown or invalid.  i know im doing
>>> the forwarding right because i can forward to my home email
>>> help
>>> i have SBS2003 and exchange 2003
>>> thanks
>>> Pam
>>
>> Create a mail-enabled contact for her in ADUC - with her external
>> email address. Test sending to the contact directly. If it works,
>> set up her mailbox with a forward to that contact, and then hide the
>> contact from the address list if you wish (in the exchange advanced
>> tab of the contact).
>>
>> If you can't send mail to the email address in the contact directly,
>> it's a problem with her other mail account/domain - check it out at
>> www.dnsreport.com

0
lanwench (7567)
10/16/2004 2:18:25 AM
Thank you, I set up the forwarding as plan B, because I wanted her to have a
connection to the server.
The situation is she works at home, she needs a connection for email, and
occasionally to get to our manufacturing software.
Her outlook wouldn't connect so I went to plan b.
she can get on the vpn just fine, but outlook just hangs at trying to connect.
I'll check into loading up the mail reader.  Should I do that on outlook
express so it doesn't load up the server?
thanks again
Pam

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Pam wrote:
> > First of all, I'm sorry for the multiple posting, it kept telling me
> > that my post didn't post so I reposted.
>
> No problem - I suggest however that you look into using a newsreader (OE,
> Forte Agent, etc) to read news rather than the CDO/web interface...it's a
> lot better, and easier to do nearly everything that way, including
> searching, which is always a good idea to do before you post, as well as
> mark messages to be watched, and filter based on replies to your posts.
>
> The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can
> subscribe to as many groups as you like.
>
> > Second, I think it works, but the other party is not there to check
> > her email right now.
>
> > They have a vpn connection but outlook won't connect, which would be
> > the easiest way, is there a setting that would prevent them from owa
> > or connecting outlook?  I connect over my vpn just fine.
> > thanks for your help
>
> Not sure what you're getting at. VPN connection to what? Setting up a
> forward means she doesn't need to connect to your server at all. What is
> this issue you're having?

> >> Create a mail-enabled contact for her in ADUC - with her external
> >> email address. Test sending to the contact directly. If it works,
> >> set up her mailbox with a forward to that contact, and then hide the
> >> contact from the address list if you wish (in the exchange advanced
> >> tab of the contact).
> >>
> >> If you can't send mail to the email address in the contact directly,
> >> it's a problem with her other mail account/domain - check it out at
> >> www.dnsreport.com

0
Pam1 (264)
10/16/2004 3:47:02 AM
Pam wrote:
> Thank you, I set up the forwarding as plan B, because I wanted her to
> have a connection to the server.
> The situation is she works at home, she needs a connection for email,
> and occasionally to get to our manufacturing software.
> Her outlook wouldn't connect so I went to plan b.
> she can get on the vpn just fine, but outlook just hangs at trying to
> connect.

OK - can she ping the Exchange server by name when the VPN is established?
How big is her mailbox? Is she using dialup?

For VPN users, I recommend they use offline files/cached mode, and tell OL
to prompt for connection - and always choose 'work offline', with scheduled
syncs in the background. Performance is a lot better. OL has to work online
at first to sync the offline file, which can take a while over a slow
connection....so if this is an issue, esp. with a large mailbox, I'd suggest
she bring her computer into the office and connect over the LAN for the
initial sync.

Another option is having her connect to your network using Remote Desktop or
Terminal Services - I mention this esp. as you mentioned "get to our
manufacturing software". Don't know what that means or is, but note that VPN
has its limitations, especially on a slowish connection.

> I'll check into loading up the mail reader.

newsreader, actually ...

> Should I do
> that on outlook express so it doesn't load up the server?

Yes, because Outlook can't read news. :-)

> thanks again
> Pam
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Pam wrote:
>>> First of all, I'm sorry for the multiple posting, it kept telling me
>>> that my post didn't post so I reposted.
>>
>> No problem - I suggest however that you look into using a newsreader
>> (OE, Forte Agent, etc) to read news rather than the CDO/web
>> interface...it's a lot better, and easier to do nearly everything
>> that way, including searching, which is always a good idea to do
>> before you post, as well as mark messages to be watched, and filter
>> based on replies to your posts.
>>
>> The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can
>> subscribe to as many groups as you like.
>>
>>> Second, I think it works, but the other party is not there to check
>>> her email right now.
>>
>>> They have a vpn connection but outlook won't connect, which would be
>>> the easiest way, is there a setting that would prevent them from owa
>>> or connecting outlook?  I connect over my vpn just fine.
>>> thanks for your help
>>
>> Not sure what you're getting at. VPN connection to what? Setting up a
>> forward means she doesn't need to connect to your server at all.
>> What is this issue you're having?

0
lanwench (7567)
10/16/2004 2:29:29 PM
Getting to the manufacturing software means...she will have to check stock,
or part numbers on items.  She's working on a cable modem and they have a
fast connection (faster than mine) her mailbox has 6 items in it, mostly my
test emails.
when you say ping the "exchange" server, are you meaning my static ip?
when she connects over remote desktop, doesn't she have to use owa? because
that is not working either, it won't load up.  i get to the first page and it
just keeps loading.
thanks
Pam

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Pam wrote:
> > Thank you, I set up the forwarding as plan B, because I wanted her to
> > have a connection to the server.
> > The situation is she works at home, she needs a connection for email,
> > and occasionally to get to our manufacturing software.
> > Her outlook wouldn't connect so I went to plan b.
> > she can get on the vpn just fine, but outlook just hangs at trying to
> > connect.
>
> OK - can she ping the Exchange server by name when the VPN is established?
> How big is her mailbox? Is she using dialup?
>
> For VPN users, I recommend they use offline files/cached mode, and tell OL
> to prompt for connection - and always choose 'work offline', with scheduled
> syncs in the background. Performance is a lot better. OL has to work online
> at first to sync the offline file, which can take a while over a slow
> connection....so if this is an issue, esp. with a large mailbox, I'd suggest
> she bring her computer into the office and connect over the LAN for the
> initial sync.
>
> Another option is having her connect to your network using Remote Desktop or
> Terminal Services - I mention this esp. as you mentioned "get to our
> manufacturing software". Don't know what that means or is, but note that VPN
> has its limitations, especially on a slowish connection.
>
> > I'll check into loading up the mail reader.
>
> newsreader, actually ...
>
> > Should I do
> > that on outlook express so it doesn't load up the server?
>
> Yes, because Outlook can't read news. :-)
>
> > thanks again
> > Pam

> >> No problem - I suggest however that you look into using a newsreader
> >> (OE, Forte Agent, etc) to read news rather than the CDO/web
> >> interface...it's a lot better, and easier to do nearly everything
> >> that way, including searching, which is always a good idea to do
> >> before you post, as well as mark messages to be watched, and filter
> >> based on replies to your posts.
> >>
> >> The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can
> >> subscribe to as many groups as you like.

> >> Not sure what you're getting at. VPN connection to what? Setting up a
> >> forward means she doesn't need to connect to your server at all.
> >> What is this issue you're having?

0
Pam1 (264)
10/16/2004 3:11:03 PM
Pam wrote:
> Getting to the manufacturing software means...she will have to check
> stock, or part numbers on items.

Where is the application loaded/installed? How big are the database files
she's going to work with? This may or may not work well over VPN.

>  She's working on a cable modem and
> they have a fast connection (faster than mine) her mailbox has 6
> items in it, mostly my test emails.

OK, so it isn't large, then? What mailbox size is reported in Exchange
System Manager?

> when you say ping the "exchange" server, are you meaning my static ip?

No - I presume you can ping the Exchange server's *private* IP address when
you're connected over VPN - but can you ping the NetBIOS name of the
Exchange server? If not, try adding it to her hosts file -

> when she connects over remote desktop, doesn't she have to use owa?

No. Remote Desktop to a Windows XP Pro box or a Windows terminal server
means she just connects to a remote console via a terminal session - nothing
is local to the 'client' machine. If you don't have terminal services
(dedicated TS box w/TS licenses), and you have a "spare" XP Pro box with
Remote Desktop enabled & her domain account added to the "allowed to
connect" section on that PC, she can just use the remote desktop client from
her PC - establish the VPN connection, and use the private/LAN IP of that
box to open up a session.

> because that is not working either, it won't load up.  i get to the
> first page and it just keeps loading.

In OWA? Does OWA work externally for everyone else (sans VPN)? What address
is she using? If she has the VPN connection enabled and name resolution
works, can she not use http://server/exchange ?

> thanks
> Pam
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Pam wrote:
>>> Thank you, I set up the forwarding as plan B, because I wanted her
>>> to have a connection to the server.
>>> The situation is she works at home, she needs a connection for
>>> email, and occasionally to get to our manufacturing software.
>>> Her outlook wouldn't connect so I went to plan b.
>>> she can get on the vpn just fine, but outlook just hangs at trying
>>> to connect.
>>
>> OK - can she ping the Exchange server by name when the VPN is
>> established? How big is her mailbox? Is she using dialup?
>>
>> For VPN users, I recommend they use offline files/cached mode, and
>> tell OL to prompt for connection - and always choose 'work offline',
>> with scheduled syncs in the background. Performance is a lot better.
>> OL has to work online at first to sync the offline file, which can
>> take a while over a slow connection....so if this is an issue, esp.
>> with a large mailbox, I'd suggest she bring her computer into the
>> office and connect over the LAN for the initial sync.
>>
>> Another option is having her connect to your network using Remote
>> Desktop or Terminal Services - I mention this esp. as you mentioned
>> "get to our manufacturing software". Don't know what that means or
>> is, but note that VPN has its limitations, especially on a slowish
>> connection.
>>
>>> I'll check into loading up the mail reader.
>>
>> newsreader, actually ...
>>
>>> Should I do
>>> that on outlook express so it doesn't load up the server?
>>
>> Yes, because Outlook can't read news. :-)
>>
>>> thanks again
>>> Pam

0
lanwench (7567)
10/16/2004 3:25:19 PM

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Pam wrote:
> > Getting to the manufacturing software means...she will have to check
> > stock, or part numbers on items.
>
> Where is the application loaded/installed? How big are the database files
> she's going to work with? This may or may not work well over VPN.

The application is Alliance, which is an access based software, she hasn't
tried using it yet, it is still in the beginning stages and we don't have
information useful to her input yet.

> >  She's working on a cable modem and
> > they have a fast connection (faster than mine) her mailbox has 6
> > items in it, mostly my test emails.
>
> OK, so it isn't large, then? What mailbox size is reported in Exchange
> System Manager?

68KB

> > when you say ping the "exchange" server, are you meaning my static ip?
>
> No - I presume you can ping the Exchange server's *private* IP address when
> you're connected over VPN - but can you ping the NetBIOS name of the
> Exchange server? If not, try adding it to her hosts file -
>
> > when she connects over remote desktop, doesn't she have to use owa?
>
> No. Remote Desktop to a Windows XP Pro box or a Windows terminal server
> means she just connects to a remote console via a terminal session - nothing
> is local to the 'client' machine. If you don't have terminal services
> (dedicated TS box w/TS licenses), and you have a "spare" XP Pro box with
> Remote Desktop enabled & her domain account added to the "allowed to
> connect" section on that PC, she can just use the remote desktop client from
> her PC - establish the VPN connection, and use the private/LAN IP of that
> box to open up a session.
>
> > because that is not working either, it won't load up.  i get to the
> > first page and it just keeps loading.
>
> In OWA? Does OWA work externally for everyone else (sans VPN)? What address
> is she using? If she has the VPN connection enabled and name resolution
> works, can she not use http://server/exchange ?
I can't get the OWA to load up for anyone EXCEPT if we connect to the server
as administrator, then I can log in under everyone's name and check mail.
We log into the address above and it brings up OWA and just sits on loading...

> > thanks
> > Pam

> >> OK - can she ping the Exchange server by name when the VPN is
> >> established? How big is her mailbox? Is she using dialup?
> >>
> >> For VPN users, I recommend they use offline files/cached mode, and
> >> tell OL to prompt for connection - and always choose 'work offline',
> >> with scheduled syncs in the background. Performance is a lot better.
> >> OL has to work online at first to sync the offline file, which can
> >> take a while over a slow connection....so if this is an issue, esp.
> >> with a large mailbox, I'd suggest she bring her computer into the
> >> office and connect over the LAN for the initial sync.
> >>
> >> Another option is having her connect to your network using Remote
> >> Desktop or Terminal Services - I mention this esp. as you mentioned
> >> "get to our manufacturing software". Don't know what that means or
> >> is, but note that VPN has its limitations, especially on a slowish
> >> connection.

> >> newsreader, actually ...

> >> Yes, because Outlook can't read news. :-)

0
Pam1 (264)
10/18/2004 2:45:07 PM
Pam wrote:
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Pam wrote:
>>> Getting to the manufacturing software means...she will have to check
>>> stock, or part numbers on items.
>>
>> Where is the application loaded/installed? How big are the database
>> files she's going to work with? This may or may not work well over
>> VPN.
>
> The application is Alliance, which is an access based software, she
> hasn't tried using it yet, it is still in the beginning stages and we
> don't have information useful to her input yet.

OK - I definitely recommend remote desktop/TS for her.

>>>  She's working on a cable modem and
>>> they have a fast connection (faster than mine) her mailbox has 6
>>> items in it, mostly my test emails.
>>
>> OK, so it isn't large, then? What mailbox size is reported in
>> Exchange System Manager?
>>
> 68KB

Wow, you ain't kidding. That is tiny.

>>> when you say ping the "exchange" server, are you meaning my static
>>> ip?
>>
>> No - I presume you can ping the Exchange server's *private* IP
>> address when you're connected over VPN - but can you ping the
>> NetBIOS name of the Exchange server? If not, try adding it to her
>> hosts file -

You didn't answer this one....

>>> when she connects over remote desktop, doesn't she have to use owa?
>>
>> No. Remote Desktop to a Windows XP Pro box or a Windows terminal
>> server means she just connects to a remote console via a terminal
>> session - nothing is local to the 'client' machine. If you don't
>> have terminal services (dedicated TS box w/TS licenses), and you
>> have a "spare" XP Pro box with Remote Desktop enabled & her domain
>> account added to the "allowed to connect" section on that PC, she
>> can just use the remote desktop client from her PC - establish the
>> VPN connection, and use the private/LAN IP of that box to open up a
>> session.
>>
>>> because that is not working either, it won't load up.  i get to the
>>> first page and it just keeps loading.
>>
>> In OWA? Does OWA work externally for everyone else (sans VPN)? What
>> address is she using? If she has the VPN connection enabled and name
>> resolution works, can she not use http://server/exchange ?
> I can't get the OWA to load up for anyone EXCEPT if we connect to the
> server as administrator, then I can log in under everyone's name and
> check mail.
> We log into the address above and it brings up OWA and just sits on
>>
>>> thanks
>>> Pam

0
lanwench (7567)
10/19/2004 2:29:19 AM
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Pam wrote:

> >> Where is the application loaded/installed? How big are the database
> >> files she's going to work with? This may or may not work well over
> >> VPN.
> >
> > The application is Alliance, which is an access based software, she
> > hasn't tried using it yet, it is still in the beginning stages and we
> > don't have information useful to her input yet.
>
> OK - I definitely recommend remote desktop/TS for her.

> >> OK, so it isn't large, then? What mailbox size is reported in
> >> Exchange System Manager?
> >>
> > 68KB
>
> Wow, you ain't kidding. That is tiny.

Yup, and she was concerned about getting her mail....

> >> No - I presume you can ping the Exchange server's *private* IP
> >> address when you're connected over VPN - but can you ping the
> >> NetBIOS name of the Exchange server? If not, try adding it to her
> >> hosts file -
>
> You didn't answer this one....

I didn't understand this one, "adding it to her hosts file"?

> >> No. Remote Desktop to a Windows XP Pro box or a Windows terminal
> >> server means she just connects to a remote console via a terminal
> >> session - nothing is local to the 'client' machine. If you don't
> >> have terminal services (dedicated TS box w/TS licenses), and you
> >> have a "spare" XP Pro box with Remote Desktop enabled & her domain
> >> account added to the "allowed to connect" section on that PC, she
> >> can just use the remote desktop client from her PC - establish the
> >> VPN connection, and use the private/LAN IP of that box to open up a
> >> session.

> >> In OWA? Does OWA work externally for everyone else (sans VPN)? What
> >> address is she using? If she has the VPN connection enabled and name
> >> resolution works, can she not use http://server/exchange ?
> > I can't get the OWA to load up for anyone EXCEPT if we connect to the
> > server as administrator, then I can log in under everyone's name and
> > check mail.
> > We log into the address above and it brings up OWA and just sits on

0
pmyers (2)
10/19/2004 2:12:58 PM
Pamela wrote:
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:elCymPYtEHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Pam wrote:

>>> The application is Alliance, which is an access based software, she
>>> hasn't tried using it yet, it is still in the beginning stages and
>>> we don't have information useful to her input yet.
>>
>> OK - I definitely recommend remote desktop/TS for her.

>>> 68KB
>>
>> Wow, you ain't kidding. That is tiny.
>
> Yup, and she was concerned about getting her mail....

>> You didn't answer this one....
>
> I didn't understand this one, "adding it to her hosts file"?

A) Make sure she can ping the Exchange server's private/LAN IP address
B) If you aren't using WINS, find her hosts file and add the name and LAN IP
there - what's her client OS? In Win9x, by default it's in c:\windows\hosts.
In Win2k, by default, c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. In WinXP, by
default, c:\windows\system32\drivers\hosts.

Open it in notepad to make the change.

Again - I think you're going to want Remote Desktop or Terminal Services
rather than file-level access via VPN for her to do what she wants. You can
use both - use VPN so she can sync Outlook to a local offline file on her
computer, but RD for her database access.

<snip>

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook 2003 video email add in
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyId=4F1C4207-8124-46EB-ACC9- A01D7EC946E0&displaylang=en Does not work. Clicking on the video message icon in the tool bar immediatly generates a small pop up that says "The fatal error occured". Not "a" fatal error, but "the" fatal error. Ooohh. Nice ...

Out going Emails. THANK YOU!
Hello & Greetings ! Thanks for your help. Problem: Emails not able to go out of my Outbox. Microsoft Outlook 2000. Emails coming in AOK. Surfing Internet AOK. Outgoing emails do not go out. Error Message: A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the server. (Account:'mail.bww.com',SMTP Server: 'smtp-server.mn.rr.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc13). Thank you very much! Curtis H <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Problem: Emails not able to go out of my Outbox. > Microsoft Outlook 2000. > Emails coming in AOK. Surfin...

my emails just disappeared from my SENT ITEMS folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange no warning. no nothing. just gone. <br> how do i get my sent items back? this also happened to another user on our network. stephensnyder@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: Exchange no warning. no nothing. just gone. > how do i get my sent items back? this also happened to another user on > our network. Are you sure you're looking in the Sent items folder under your Exc...

Creating a Email Message from Field
I have a form that displays eMail address. It is displayed in a text box, the control source is a hyperlink field in my table. How do I create a new email message, directed to the email address, and display the email message for further editing by the user? Does Outlook need to be running before the email is created, or will it start automatically? Currently, when I click on the hyperlink, it searches for a website address, which always fails of course. First get rid of the hyperlink state on the form and even the table. Then simply create a On Double Click even for the e-mail contr...

Promoting Emails 11-07-06
Hello Yesterday I applied several patches to users machines and today 1 of our users received this message. (I think this was just a coincidence though). An error occurred promoting this item to CRM. The CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? If you click Yes, the email will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in CRM. What could be the issue? Check out this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;920859 -- Tad "kathyc" wrote: > H...

Invalid email header.
Hi, I have problem with email my headers. We are running=20 exchange 5.5 server which is cluster. When an email sent=20 out from our mail server it add following characters to=20 the header as show below: Received: by EKCZ=C3j=18=02=C3j=18=E4-EX-02 with Internet Mail Service=20 (5.5.2653.19)=20 It is meant to be: Received: by EKCZ-EX-02 with Internet Mail Service=20 (5.5.2653.19) How can I resolve the above issue? or which process is=20 adding the characters? any help would be great. Show below is a full trace report. Return-Path: <Administrator@xxxx.xxx.uk> Received: from rexxx....

Contact Email Address Changed but Old Email address shows up
I had to update a contact's email address, however every time I type in his name to send him a new email, his old email address automatically is entered. Can you help me fix this problem? When it comes up as you're typing the address, use the arrow key to cursor to that entry oin the drop-down list and hit your Delete key. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "CS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06f801c3c3f5$d...

Delayed Emails #2
I am having trouble recieving emails in outlook. i am recieving emails ten minutes after everyone else does and it is starting to effect important parts of my work. if someone could help at all in anyway i would really appreciate. thanks ...

email picture
I have office 2003 installed on windows xp. in IE when you right click and choose email picture I want it to go directly to my hotmail account, NOT via outlook. can outlook be disabled? If you don't use Outlook, simply uninstall it. To set Hotmail as your default mail application use; Control Panel-> Internet Options-> tab Programs -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- ...

Uploading outlook emails to hotmail
Can one upload all of one's outlook email to hotmail? If I have a very large number of emails in outlook what is the limit on hotmail? Can I get it expanded? It depends on whether you have a paid Hotmail account and can access the = Hotmail folders in Outlook. Provide that modicum of information and = someone can help. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, ggrothendieck@gmail.com asked: | Can one upload all...

Sent e-mail messages do not reach destination
I'm a new user of Microsoft Outlook. I downloaded all mails from the server to my computer. When I send an e-mail I receive an error message from the System Administrator to my inbox with the subject Undelivrable:..... . Here is an example: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: kjshljjh Sent: 2005-10-02 3:25 MD The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'd_kaba@yahoo.com' on 2005-10-02 3:25 MD 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. Why is that happening? See if the info here...

customizing outgoing email messages
Hello, Does anyone know how to create email messages by using a custom template? What I am trying to do is insert my logo as the backgroung for all of my outgoing mail. The logo was originally in Illustrator and I have tried to save it in every format imaginable but can't upload as a template when I am in Outlook. Please help. ...

cant receive emails #3
I set up my account and the test page sent but when it comes to receiving emails i dont get them...and my log in doesnt seem to work when it asks me to. How can I fix it? Do you get an error when you try to receive? "Michie_88" <Michie_88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FE01A40-CDDE-4F03-A36C-966664EAEFE4@microsoft.com... >I set up my account and the test page sent but when it comes to receiving > emails i dont get them...and my log in doesnt seem to work when it asks me > to. How can I fix it? ...

Unable to print attachments on emails
Until recently all was well: Yesterday I found I can no longer print email attachments despite appropriate boxes being ticked. All attachments once opened then file into 'recently altered folder' from which I can not print or delete. I would like to fix this problem ASAP - help. The version is Office Outlook 2007 Thanks How are you trying to print the attachments? The procedure is simple like this: 1) In the message list, select but do not open the message that you want to print. 2) On the File menu, click Print. 3) To print the attachments, select the Print attac...

Email line spacing
Hi, When writing an email in MSCRM double line spacing is used. Does anyone know of how to change this to single line spacing. At the moment we are having to write the email in Word and then copy/paste it into the MSCRM email. Thanks Lee Instead of pressing Enter, hold down Shirt button and press Enter. "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0412160110.76f2716e@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > When writing an email in MSCRM double line spacing is used. Does > anyone know of how to change this to single line spacing. At the > moment ...

Sending email from a web based link
When I try and click on a link within a web based page I am not able to click and then send the email to the highlighted item on web page, sometimes can cut and paste the link but does not always work I have Windows Vista and just want to be able to click on the link from web page and windows mail will open and can send the email to corresponding person form the link on the web Can anyone PLEASE HELP It would have been very useful if you had told us how this "not able to" manifests itself. Does the computer get a blue screen, or does it pop up an error message? If the...

Emailing contact
I would like to email a contact from my friend's computer to mine. V-Card doesn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated. thanks. Well, why doesn't it work? Any error messages? What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Craig asked: | I would like to email a contact from my friend's computer | to mine. V-Card doesn'...

My POP 3 email account settings are posessed!
Okay guys...I have a wierd problem that I hope someone can help me with... When I go to Tools, Email Accounts, and set up my POP account information, in the incoming mail server, I type my incoming mail server.... mydomain.com Under Login information I type in my Username and Password. All is well until I reboot my computer. Upon reboot, I get the message below.... Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet...

Lost the ability to cut and paste from entourage emails to anything else? Help?
Lost the ability to cut and paste from entourage emails to anything else? I am running tiger 10.4.7 and Office 2004. For some unknown reason I have lost the ability to cut/copy and paste text?? Any ideas as to why? badspell68 wrote: > Lost the ability to cut and paste from entourage emails to anything > else? I am running tiger 10.4.7 and Office 2004. For some unknown > reason I have lost the ability to cut/copy and paste text?? > Any ideas as to why? > I have dumped Entourage use MAIL for email and Mozilla for usenet like this Hugh W On 9/6/06 1:55 PM, "badsp...

Quick Campaign emails remain in draft status after Rollup 2-Correc
Our emails in quick campaign remain in draft status and are NOTautomatically sent. We have installed rollup 2 and changs per 911520 - any suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated. 911520 E-mail activities are not automatically sent to the recipients when you distribute e-mail activities for a campaign in Microsoft Dynamics CRM After you install this update rollup, create a registry entry on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server that is named CampaignSendEmail. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. 2. In Registry Editor, locate th...

Search and copy files. Look up destination folder in a range
I need help in doing this: I have an excel worsheet that have columns for destination folder and corresponding file to search for. The files to be search for will have wild cards e.g *total*.*. What I want to do is create a macro that will search for call values in a range, copy the result of the search to the corresponding destination folder for example column A(files to search for) column(Destination folder) column c (source always c:\documents) *total*.* total_cost c:\documents *accounts*.* ...

Forwarding email automatically
hi there next week I'll get a new e-mail adress because I am changing my email provider. I would like my email (of the old adress) to be sent automatically to my new emailadress, but I just don't know exactly how to do this...... (I have Vista/WindowsMail/Office 2007) I you do know, please let me know by answering this question well you could ask a friend to resend it in a Predetermaned Amount of time Lets say a week for eg sure there mostlikly is a "*automatic*" way but this is much easyer and faster -- RussinLord Depends who the old isp was as...

Inbound emails not being assigned to the activity
Hi all. I created a new case in MSCRM 1.2 and the workflow sent out and email to the client, however when they replied to the email this came back into my normal inbox and was not added to the case activity. The email router is installed and the email that came in had the CRM GUID in the subjecty. Can someone point me in the right direction, as I understood the CRM router will check the GUID in the subject and add this a activity against the relevant item. Thanks P look under the activity history tab -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolution...

Can't email Excel 2007 worksheet
I'm unable to email directly from Excel 2007. When I click on the "send" command box all I get is Internet Fax. I've tried putting the email icon on the mini toolbar at the top left of the screen but still nothing happens. What shuld I do? -- B Fuddled Make sure that Microsoft Office Outlook is set as the e-mail client in Internet Options, Programs. befuddled wrote: > I'm unable to email directly from Excel 2007. When I click on the "send" > command box all I get is Internet Fax. I've tried putting the email icon on > the mini toolbar at th...

Outlook 2003, how to recognize replied email
I've been a long time user of Outlook Express, am now using Outlook 2003. After replying to an email from the inbox in Outlook 2003, why doesn't the icon change showing me that I've replied to the email after doing so? Am I missing something, how do you tell if a reply has been made. Please send me a direct reply to skidown92.removethis@hotmail.com Thanks ...