Destination Address Changed

Hi,

I am trying to send an email to address@abc.com, I am getting an NDR saying

The following message to <address@xyx.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.1 - Bad destination email address 'ldap reject'

Please note that in the NDR the mail address domain has changed from abc to
xyz.

I have used nslookup to check the mail server for domain abc.com and the
mail server is  servername.xyz.com.  But I don’t understand why sending to a
server with different domain name will change the destination mail address or
produce an NDR.

Please help me solve this puzzle

Regards
M.T.

0
MT (50)

Hello,

The MX record of abc.com may be pointing to servername.xyz.com but the Mail
server at xyz.com is not authoritative to receive mails to abc.com domain
(For example, in Exchange, Receipient Policy not configured to add the
abc.com domain"

This usually occurs when a company acquires another one, and you are trying
to send an email to the old one

thanks

Fadi Nabil

"M. T." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to send an email to address@abc.com, I am getting an NDR saying
>
> The following message to <address@xyx.com> was undeliverable.
> The reason for the problem:
> 5.1.1 - Bad destination email address 'ldap reject'
>
> Please note that in the NDR the mail address domain has changed from abc to
> xyz.
>
> I have used nslookup to check the mail server for domain abc.com and the
> mail server is  servername.xyz.com.  But I don’t understand why sending to a
> server with different domain name will change the destination mail address or
> produce an NDR.
>
> Please help me solve this puzzle
>
> Regards
> M.T.

0
FadiNabil (8)
8/4/2005 1:58:02 PM
Thank you Fadi, but I sill dont understand why would it change the address.

Thank you again.

M.T.

"Fadi Nabil" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The MX record of abc.com may be pointing to servername.xyz.com but the Mail
> server at xyz.com is not authoritative to receive mails to abc.com domain
> (For example, in Exchange, Receipient Policy not configured to add the
> abc.com domain"
>
> This usually occurs when a company acquires another one, and you are trying
> to send an email to the old one
>
> thanks
>
> Fadi Nabil
>
> "M. T." wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to send an email to address@abc.com, I am getting an NDR saying
> >
> > The following message to <address@xyx.com> was undeliverable.
> > The reason for the problem:
> > 5.1.1 - Bad destination email address 'ldap reject'
> >
> > Please note that in the NDR the mail address domain has changed from abc to
> > xyz.
> >
> > I have used nslookup to check the mail server for domain abc.com and the
> > mail server is  servername.xyz.com.  But I don’t understand why sending to a
> > server with different domain name will change the destination mail address or
> > produce an NDR.
> >
> > Please help me solve this puzzle
> >
> > Regards
> > M.T.