Deny Access to Mailbox

Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific
users?

Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin
A from being able to read dom admin B email from either
Outlook or directly from the server.

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what
version of Exchange?  do they have SA explicitly or via a group?

"Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific
> users?
>
> Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin
> A from being able to read dom admin B email from either
> Outlook or directly from the server.
>
> Thanks.

0
susan7353 (1225)
12/2/2003 5:07:17 PM
Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server.

The dom admin in question does not explicitly have SA
rights but does know the password of the backup agent
account which does.  The domain administrator (god
account) account also has SA rights but I am not sure if
it is needed.

There is one domain group, exchadmin, but domain admin A
is not a member of that group.

I am in the process of changing the password for the
domain adminstrator (god account) and will probably not be
sharing it, except with my manager.  I would also like to
remove any accounts that do not need SA rights on exchange.

I am looking at removing dom admin right from certain
users, developers and dbas as they do not need it.  The
dom admin in question is a developer.

0
anonymous (74722)
12/2/2003 6:11:19 PM
really, the only account that needs SA priviliges is the Site Services
Account that runs all the Exchange services (and maybe your Backup account -
but I always used the SA account for that)...

> Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server.
>
> The dom admin in question does not explicitly have SA
> rights but does know the password of the backup agent
> account which does.  The domain administrator (god
> account) account also has SA rights but I am not sure if
> it is needed.
>
> There is one domain group, exchadmin, but domain admin A
> is not a member of that group.
>
> I am in the process of changing the password for the
> domain adminstrator (god account) and will probably not be
> sharing it, except with my manager.  I would also like to
> remove any accounts that do not need SA rights on exchange.
>
> I am looking at removing dom admin right from certain
> users, developers and dbas as they do not need it.  The
> dom admin in question is a developer.

0
susan7353 (1225)
12/2/2003 6:29:49 PM
That was what I thought but was not totally sure as I am
new to exchange.

Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)

Intermittent fault when using outlook web access
This fault is intermittent and occures when we try and access our e-mails across the internet using the outlook web access. Most of the time there is no problem, then another time we cannot gain access to the exchange server. The most recent happened today. Everything was fine yesterday, we restarted the server where we tried dialing in from this morning and now we cannot access E-mail. All the exchange services are running on both servers. Any ideas? Try posting to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.admin i...

How to create a username and password in Access
I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff to access it. On 18 May, 14:41, How to create a username and password in <How to create a username and password i...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now > interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff > to access it. What version of Access are you using? www.keithwilby.co.uk On Tue, 18 May 2010 06:41:01 -0700, How t...

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

Access Denied 04-22-04
you have to add the Domain User group to ability to access the SQL DB, not only while attached to the domain but when you are not, the Database have to be synchronized... ...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

Accessing Outlook from the Road
Once I have web access can I get to Outlook to check my e- mail when traveling? Do I need both Outlook and Outlook Express to do this? I've check two manuals and spent way too much time searching Microsoft sites and found no guidance on this matter. Any help you can offer is appreciated. If your Outlook is accessing a corporate Exchange server, and they've configured Outlook Web Access (OWA), then point your browser, not Outlook, to the external address of the corporate web server which is hosting the OWA. We use "http://mail.mycompany.com/exchange". If none of...

Migrating from MS Access
Hi I have this query, which I need to make work in MS SQL Server select job.[CAM File],FIRST([material]), FIRST(job.[description]), FIRST(job.[programmer]) from job where job.[CAM file] <> '' group by job.[cam file] order by 3 The "first" is my problem. I can translate most of into select job.[CAM File] from job where job.[CAM file] <> '' group by job.[cam file]) Now I need to add the first row - for each cam file - how? Next, I need to read something like this: select top 1 job.[CAM File], job.[material], job.[description], job....

URL Access, weird behavior
We are using URL access to a report server and it does work,but here is the issue: On first run, if I use the following URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Reportserver?/MyReporting/All+Employees&rs:Command=Render&rs:Format=HTML4.0&rc:Toolbar=false&rc:Parameters=true&dbName=MyDatabase - It works fine. The report renders, but the toolbar isn't viewable. Then if I run the same URL, in the same browser, except change the toolbar=true, it works fine and the toolbar is viewable. However, if I close all my browsers, open a new browser, paste in the original...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

Accessing Fidelity mySmart Cash Bank Accounts
I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments category. I would like to find a way, however, for it to be listed separately, as a checking account under Bank Accounts, separate from my investment account with Fidelity. Is there a way to do this? In microsoft.public.money, Igzabether wrote: >I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I >set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments >category. I would like to fin...

rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account
hi i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain. we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains) Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain) Now i dont need anymore to have this and i want to associate the local AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox. so i thougt follow...

exchange 2003 mailbox can't read new mail
Hi all I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but not the new mails ? What can it be ? ???? <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all > I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but > i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did > disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but > not the new mails ? > What can it be...

duplicate junk folders in Exchange mailboxes
Hi, Some of the users of our Exchange 2003 (RTM) suddenly startet to find a duplicate Junk Email Folder with a "1" at the end (something like "Junk Email1", though it's a localized version of Exchange so it's not in English). I have read some issues leading to duplicate folders but all seem to be related to the Outlook client, which is not used in our case (all accesses to these accounts with duplicate folders are done through OWA). I tried to connect to these accounts with Outlook 2003 with different command-line switches (like /ResetFolders, etc.) but with...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Recover mailbox store to a standby Exchange 2000 server
Can I recover mailbox stores to a standby (non production) server?? Is there is any article i can follow?? Both sorce and destination servers are Win2K and E2K EE Post SP3. On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 04:10:01 -0800, Feras Mustafa <FerasMustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I recover mailbox stores to a standby (non production) server?? Is there >is any article i can follow?? Both sorce and destination servers are Win2K >and E2K EE Post SP3. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585 ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

allowing anonymous access in SMTP server
Hello: I think this is a dumb question, so I am mainly looking to find out if there is anyway to make it less dangerous. I installed Exchange 2003 yesterday to let Sharepoint send out alerts using Exchange. It works OK, but it will not send out messages to external addresses (i.e. not in my domain). The doc for Sharepoint says: "you must configure the SMTP server to allow anonymous access and to allow e-mail messages to be relayed". Now, I don't know much about Exchange 2003, but I can guess that this is a security exposure. First question: Is this true? Second question: Is...

Conversion of MySQL to Access Through ODBC Not retaining autonumber
Trying to convert a mysql database into access for a client, and some problems arise by selecting get external data -> import from ODBC connection IE: The database structure and data is imported fine, but the columns which should be Autonumber shift to Numeric and Access is unable to change a column to autonumber after data has been put in it Is there any way to 'force' convert a numeric column to an autonumber.. i could repopulate the rest of the data and let the autonumber column fill itself in.. but the problem is that the values in the autonum column are referred to in other...

Remote Access Via Server
We have Access 2K running at three of our locations. Each location is running the same program but with their own data. We want to set up a central server (web based with an ISP) and run a program that will retrive some data (not necessarily all) from each store, compile it and make it available to all stores. There may be occassional instances where others (other than the stores) may want to access the compled data. As a second objective, we want to allow each store to access the other stores data. This second objective is not a major requirement, but would be nice. I am looking for sugg...

Money 2003 Unable to access file as .net password incorrect
I have having a very frustrating time with Microsoft Money. I have a .net password which i have always been prompted to use when opening my file. I have entered the correct password and can even change my password when clicking the "forgotten password" prompt. The program does not let me access my file and tells me my password is incorrect. I am unable to use my money file and am not even given the option to access my file without using .net passport services. I have tried contacting Microsoft but their advice via a generic email is to tell me to change password. Could some...

Accessing Outlook from my laptop
I use Outlook on my desktop PC but would also like to access it, via my wifi network, on my laptop. I know I can set the folder that the .pst folder is in to 'sharing', but wondered if there was any other way to set it up. I would also like to access my .pst file from any other PC over the web. How would I do that? Thanks, You point the laptop OL to use the pst required. Be aware only a single instance of OL can access the pst and MS doesnt support the use of a pst over a network as it can lead to corruption. "Geoff" <meaningless34@hotmail.com> wrote in message n...

Exchange 2000 to 2003 Outlook Web Access redirect
We are moving mailboxes over the course of a week or so to our new 2003 server. The redirects between the old 2k and new 2k3 are working great. Is there a way for an OWA user who logs in to the old 2K owa server to be redirected to the 2K3 owa server. I can't setup a general redirect because not all users are being migrated at the same time. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:31:33 -0500, "Stella" <No@nospam.com> wrote: >We are moving mailboxes over the course of a week or so to our new 2003 >server. The redirects between the old 2k and new 2k3 ar...

Publish Access Report to Microsoft Word in table with lines
I created a report in Access but the end user wants it in Word in table format with the lines between columns. This is preferred as it allows for editing without adjusting the spacing. Is it possible to achieve this? Not easily. You can try automating Word from Access, or you can check what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/ReportUtilities.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JE" <JE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C4808F0-E53B-478E-A2A2-32F461C8BC06@microsoft.com... >I created a report...

Which Version of Visio is this?
I am new at database modeling and reading a book called "Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Databases By John V. Petersen" which uses (Old Versions) Visio & Access for examples. But the book does not say which versions. In the book the author makes an ERD diagram using the Crow's Feet ERD.VST from the Solutions/Database folder using the "Create Database Wizard". Which version of Visio is this. How to make a Access Database from Visio? Is this function availabe in all versions. On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:28:04 -0800, JAA149 <JAA149@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Remote Access Problem
Our newest laptop image does not allow the user to access CRM through the https connection while out of the office. It's definitely tied to the settings on the local computer because the user can access CRM on other computers and in the office. I'd welcome any troubleshooting ideas. I feel like I've expended my bag of tricks on this one. Sarah ...