Deny ability to mail-enable groups

Anyone know how to specifically deny a user or group the ability to
mail-enable groups in an OU? I've tried to deny a group at the OU level on
group objects. It seems that if a user or group has the ability to create a
new group they also have the ability to mail-enable it. I've set deny
permissions on all attribute except for the required attributes to create a
group. But they still have access to create the email address for some reason.

Any ideas?
0
hastingse (2)

Outlook 2010 doesn't sound an alert on new mail
I have Outlook 2010 installed on a Vista Home Premium based laptop. I have sounds enabled in both control panel to alert to new messages and also to "play a sound" in Outlook itself. However, it doesn't make a peep when new messages are received. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks I have the same issue with a Vista laptop & XP Pro desktop On Nov 12, 6:49=A0am, Marts <ma...@ymail.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2010 installed on a Vista Home Premium based laptop. > > I have sounds enabled in both control panel to alert to new messages and = also to >...

how to add smiley face in script of e-mail
Like this :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "freemarket" <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21921811-FB9E-4494-A4D1-13BD668B10F5@microsoft.com... > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:37:02 -0700, freemarket <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Nothing at all. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

Can't create a new user with a mail box automatically with Active Dir
I have 2003 server with Active Directory and Exchange installed. When i click Create -> "User" and reach the dialog to create an Exchange mail box, the "Mailbox Store" drop down list is empty. Which has the effect that the "Next" button is disabled and I can't create a mailbox attached to that account. Where can I find that setting or what should I do? Thanks in advance /Mac Does the account you are logged in with have the rights on the Exchange server, if you have Administrative Groups the account will need at least View Only rights on the Admini...

How to make a 'automatic mail rule installer'
Hi, I wrote a mail rule and want to distribute it to my friends. but I think it will be nicer if the mail rule can be installed with just one click. How can I make it? If 'visual script' is an answer, which object shoud I create? Or Where can I find the reference or sample? I'll be very appreciate if you give me just a hint. More explanation on my question. Maybe the expression 'wrote' in "I wrote a mail rule" is distracting. 'mail rule' means the rule which can be made through the menu 'tools' , which is usually used for filtering, forwar...

Windows Mail
I am getting the error messages for the POP3 and SMTP server names can someone tell me the name for these servers in order to get this service up and running elvin Your email account provider(s) has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "Elvin Diaz" wrote in message news:#IkoKqFSLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I am getting the er...

Change Admin Group
Is anyone aware of a workaround for changing a server from one Administrative Group to another? I know they aren't easily moved looking for a hack if available. Many thanks, Jeff "Jeff Abbott" <jeff.abbott@veritas.com> wrote: >Is anyone aware of a workaround for changing a server from one >Administrative Group to another? I know they aren't easily moved looking >for a hack if available. Moving the server's easy. Making it work after you do it's a bitch. Moving an object between containers with ADSI isn't hard. Getting all the objects renam...

How does on stop countless repetitions of e-mails please?
Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. Some are repeated three or four times and there are about 300 messages at a time. I have, however, not received e-mails for today, 28th Septembere. Type of server used is? If POP3 do you leave messages on the server? Version of Outlook is? Do you have any email antivirus integration enabled? -- Bill R "Nick." <Nick.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45385CE5-38DD-4024-B9FE-C96E1BC8D30D@microsoft.com... > Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. > Some...

how do I turn off the e-mail popup notification?
I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The little envelope is sufficient notification. You can change the notification options here: Tools menu > Options > Email Options > Advanced "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DE35B56-73F3-4CDC-B5EE-6AB731AC936F@microsoft.com... >I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The >little > envelope is sufficient notification. ...

Sent mail is not in sent folder
I send a message with attachments, it sends fine. When I go into the Sent folder to view and print a copy of my sent message there is nothing in it. I checked the tools and made sure the box was checked for saving a copy of sent mail. I checked every folder and they are nowhere to be found. While in Sent Items: View | Current View. Is: Show All Messages checked and nothing else? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "GatewayPA" <GatewayPA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35274335-45C7-4A15-9B1B-B453AD23A...

In Project 2007, Group By Baseline Start is Rolling Up Max, not Mi
In Project 2007, when you display the Baseline Start field in view with grouping turned on, Baseline Start displays the Maximum Baseline Start of the tasks that form the group, not the minimum. To work around this bug, customize a Start or Date field to equal Baseline Start with Summary calculating rollup minimum. ...

neue Mail: nach Eingabe in "An:" bricht Outlook 2003 ab, warum?
Seit ein paar Tagen kann ich in die Zeilen An: Cc: und Bcc: nix mehr eingeben. Der Cursor ist da, wenn ich einen Buchstaben eingebe oder eine E-Mail-Adresse über die Zwischenablage einfügen will, bricht Outlook ab mit der Meldung: "MSO Outlook hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden" Fehlerbericht an MS, dann Neustart von Outlook. Hab die Updates für Office 2003 heruntergeladen, ohne Erfolg. Bitte helft mir !!!!! ...

receive e-mail Microsoft Exchange 2003
Dear Reader, I have for my own use an Microsoft Exchange Server installed! I'm an newbie in the use of Exchange! I have configure Exchange so that I can send e-mail with my own registered domainname! Now I can't receive e-mail and i don't now where I can configure it! Where I have registered my e-mail address i have made an MX record so that the mail will be send to my own IP-address. My ISP said that they don't block e-mail trafic and i have configure my router so that it send trafic on port 25 and 110 to my server! Can someone help me! how I must configure it and how I can...

Counting within a group
Hi, In my Summary report, there are two groups: jobNo within Category. jobNo contains data which can be repetative, but not for all records. In other words, there can be: 6 records with jobNo 1234, 2 records with 4567 and 1 record for 9701. I want to count the number of times that jobNo changes, but not the total number of jobNo records. I tried a query using an expression Max(jobNo), then tried to sum it in the report, but it gives the total number for jobNo's. How can I achieve the result I am seeking? Thanks in advance, Jake If you want to list all the records on the repo...

Outbound mail #3
Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched uptodate With SP1. Once a week we are having to restart the exhcnage server because the exchange server is unable to send email to external domains (any). All incoming emails are coming thru. As soon as we reboot the exchange server the outbound email will start flowing fine. Could some body please help me resolve this issue any KB article or any kind of info will be much appreciated. Ihulk On Fri, 6 May 2005 17:12:01 -0700, "Ihulk" <Ihulk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched ...

cannot Delete message in Junk mail folder
We are using Exchange 2003 and Veritas backup exec to back up exchange. I had an email in my Junk email folder that were corrupt files and as a result there was on error message on the backup log. So I set my Junk folder to delete automatically and not save any message in junk folder. My folder is empy when viewed through outlook. The next day my backup showed the same message rederencing the same email message that I thought was deleted. So, using Veritas backup exec I thought I could correct this problem by not including my junk folder in the daily backup. Still get the error message ...

pst-File access is denied Office XP
I am unable to import my personal file folder. The dialog box says "File access is denied. You do not have permission required to access the file.pst. I exported it using the wizard. I never protected it with a password. The problem was noticed after I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Office XP. Please Help!!!!! jaynkelley@hotmail.com Make sure the file is on a read/write medium and that the Read Only file property is not selected. Then connect to the file by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting ...

Determine When Out of Office is Enabled
Unique request. Exchange 2007 Server 2008 SP2 Outlook 2007 Windows XP SP3 Does anyone out there know if there is a way to determine if a user enabled Out of Office on a particular date in the past? Does Exchange or Outlook log this information? BWatson wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 21:28 > Unique request. > > Exchange 2007 > Server 2008 SP2 > > Outlook 2007 > Windows XP SP3 > > Does anyone out there know if there is a way to determine if a user enabled > Out of Office on a particular date in the past? Does Exchange or Outlook log &...

How do I set a pivot table to group quarterly reports by F/Y?
I'm trying to set up a report in Excell using the pivot table function. When I use the "Group Field" function to generate a quarterly report it assigns each quarter according to a calendar year which puts the Jan 2010 data in the 1st QTR and the Oct 2009 data in the 4th Quarter. I want to change this so it begins the 1st QTR in Oct. Is there a way to change the way the pivot table reads and organizes the data? Hi Mark You can aggregate whatever months you want to Quarters manually. Don't use Quarters in the Date Grouping, just use Month Highlight the 3 mon...

Blocking and Unblocking e-mails cause e-mails to be deleted?
Does anyone know if blocking or unblocking e-mails can delete a folder with e-mails? I'm tring to help a friend who thinks she lost when she was unblocking some e-mail addresses. Her e-mail address came up automatically when she was unblocking and that she clicked on yes for blocking herself and therefore lost all of her messages. I wouldn't think it would be possible to block yourself but does anyone know for sure? And if so would that delete your e-mails? I guess the most important question is can you recover the lost e-mails? Thanks for your help, Jerry No, outlook...

Count at Group Level
I have a report, grouped by EmployeeId, I need a count of the number of employees included in the report. In the EmployeeID group header, I have a textbox control, control source =1, runing sum = over group. Sometimes the total is correct, sometimes it is off by 1. Any ideas why this isn't working? Setting the RunningSum property to 'over group' is intended to give an incremental total *within* each group, and would normally be used with a control in the detail section therefore. If, as you have, you use this setting in the case of a control in a group header, as far as...

Photos for the Group
I hope all the guys will enjoy these pictures. ...

Where do I begin with mail merge and letters or postcards
Hi, I'm used to using Word to perform all mail merge taks. How do I create a letter, insert fields and use mail merge? I've looked through the Help section in Publisher 2003, but it isn't as informative and user friendly as past Publishers and Word. I would like the document to include the date, name/address fields, my text, and fields throughout the letter. For example: September 4, 2007 Name/Address field Dear First Name Field, Body text.... Sincerly, Me Any information will be appreciated. I have MS Publisher 2003 For Word, go here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-u...

mail merge from Word
I have Word 2002 SP3 and Outlook 2002 SP3. In Outlook I use Word to compose emails. In the past I have done a mail merge between them without any problem. All of a sudden it doesn't seem to work right anymore. I set up a document in Word with a separate data source. When it is ready to be mailed, I click on Merge to Email. The "To" field is assigned the email addresses and I fill in the subject line. After I click OK, the status line tells me it is merging the records and it cycles through all of them. However, when I bring in to focus the Outlook window, nothing is happening....

mail crossing over?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C35BA0.27E2B610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi, sorry to bug again, but another question. I noticed, that if I don't create a separate entity for each mail = account, the mail on one is also shown on another sometimes, if they are = on the same identity. I'm not sure why that is....anyone else having = this trouble? I could just make identities for all of them but that = would make for many, and making several accounts under each woul...