Demote DC from Exchange Server

Hi,

I have a Domain Controller running Exchange 2003 in it and another DC.
Anyone have experience demoting a DC from Exchange Server?

Pls advise.

Thanks,
Gabriel

0
glchua (2)

Running dcpromo on a combined E2K3 / DC box is not supported:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179

Your best bet is to build another temporary E2K3 box, move the resources to
it, trash the old box and rebuild solely as an E2K3 box, then move
everything back.  Oh, and you'd then be best off with 1 more DC/GC for
resilience.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Gabriel Chua" <glchua@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Domain Controller running Exchange 2003 in it and another DC.
> Anyone have experience demoting a DC from Exchange Server?
>
> Pls advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriel

0
neil.hobson (1158)

SMTP Virtual Server
We're making the switch from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 as many are, and we're trying to mimic our 5.5 IMS restrictions on 2003. What we had was to allow only from hosts usin authentication, then specified by host in the old IMS which IPs were alowed to send through the IMS. This allowed us to track which servers were using smtp and to keep out unwanted spam and virus type worms etc. With 2003 there is a connection and a relay tab. we have "Only the list below" on the connection tab, and duplicated the list from our 5.5 IMS settings. However, theis did not allow mail to flo...

problem with multiple SMTP domains in Exchange Server 2003
Hi there I have added a second SMTP domain to the Email Addresses (Policy) as follows: Recipients > Recipient Policies > Default Policy > Email Addresses (Policy) > New ... > SMTP Address > @xyz.com > (checked) This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery > to this address > Apply. When I do so, I no longer receive external emails on the first SMTP domain (@abc.com). Is this related to relay settings, or perhaps something else? Best regards Loane ...

How to leave a copy of messages on server using Outlook 2000 and 2002
I am using Outlook 2000 with our company exchange server, how do I setup outlook so it leaves a copy of messages on the server so I can use multiple computers to access email. I have spent an hour but can't the setting to do this. thx Rajesh By default, when you set up Outlook to connect to an Exchange mailbox, it opens the full mailbox (MAPI connection) - doesn't download mail (POP connection). So unless you are using POP mail, or a PST file for delivery, your mail should stay in the Exchange mailbox (which is the best place) and you can access it from multiple computers. Proba...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

User can not acces from home the EXchange server
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

Exchange 2003 installed SP2 now IMF is not working.
I had Exchange 2003 SP1 and installed the IMF. I heard that SP2 has the IMF bulit-in. During the SP2 install it said I had to uninstalled the old IMF, which I did. I then installed Exchange 2003 SP2, I see the tabs in the "System Manager", Global Settings, "Message Delivery" But no IMF portion under the SMTP. I tried to reinstalled the IMF but still it doesn't show up under the SMTP protocals. What am I doing wrong? Within system manager, go to protocols|smtp and select Properties, the Advanced button and then the edit button. Then select the checkbox for en...

2003 recipient policy for exchange 5.5
Can a recipient policy created on 2003 to purge mail in the deleted items folder also be used for exchange 5.5 in the same site? John Stimpson On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:16:19 -0500, "John Stimpson" <johnstimpson@tupperware.com> wrote: >Can a recipient policy created on 2003 to purge mail in the deleted items >folder also be used for exchange 5.5 in the same site? > >John Stimpson > I would say not. There is the Mailbox Manager feature in 5.5. Are you able to use that or did you just want something with a single interface? ...

SQL Server
I'm currently using MS-Access to write reports using a SQL Server db as the data source in a client/server arrangement. The database is sufficiently large (2gb) that data retrieval speed is an issue. The current setup is linked tables to the SQL Server db via ODBC, and then the usual queries. 1. Can views and/or stored procedures on the SQL Server side along with paramaterized queries provide a significant performance boost? 2. I've read that views and stored procedures can be created w/i Access. Is this the same as creating them in SQL Server? 3. Are there other things I sho...

Help: message "Requesting data from Exchange Server"
Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange 2000. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up >message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we >try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange >2000. > >Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? Depends to a greater or lesser extent ...

CRM repair problem: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RepairBulkOp
Hi, got the following problem when trying to repair Mircrosoft CRM: 11:17:10| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.TurnOnSetupModeAction 11:17:10| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RepairBulkOperationProcessAction 11:17:10|Verbose| Retrieving CUserAuth data ... 11:17:10| Info| CUserAuth.UserId: {2315eb52-9a9e-da11-ad6d-00123fc10a29} 11:17:10| Info| CUserAuth.MerchantId: {b036f143-9a9e-da11-ad6d-00123fc10a29} 11:17:21| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RepairBulkOperationProcessAction failed....

Removing an exchange server member
I have a 2000 exch backend and a 2003 exch frontend setup. The front end hard disk just recently died. And so was not correctly un installed from AD. There are still elements of exchange hanging around. For instance, in the system manager. But the system manager wont let me delete the front end server under the first administrative group. Do i have to use adsiedit to remove this or is there a much simplier way. Cheers Paul To my best knowledge, it adsiedit. "Yakeni" <Yakeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B352B981-F5B7-4527-8A48-04E3976C99D9@microsoft.c...

HQ Client
We are trying to process 501 worksheet from different stores. But these worksheets are getting timed out. There are about 40K items on each store. We tried communicating one store at a time, but with no results. Can someone help? Thanks in advance ...

Can not start MS exchange MTA stack Event ID120
Source : MSExchangeMTA categories: Configuration Event ID: 120 Unable to initailize due to missing or dammaged configuration files the ASN.1 template file 14 is either missing or corrupt. Reload a new copy from Installed CD. What does it mean? It mean my install cd rom is dammage ,right? Any one can tell me. thanks yim_cm@hotmail.com (Thana) wrote: >Source : MSExchangeMTA >categories: Configuration >Event ID: 120 > Unable to initailize due to missing or dammaged configuration files >the ASN.1 template file 14 is either missing or corrupt. Reload a new >copy from I...

Exchange GAL to Local COntacts Folder Export Script

Exchange 2000 problems
Since the HD failed I have been trying to put my domain backup. The PDC, W2k, had IIS and Exchange on it. I have reloaded W2k with SP's and installed Exchange 2000. None of my virtural stores Protocols are running and when I open the properties of each the "Start, Stop, Pause" choices are grayed out. The First Storage Group/Mailbox Store is also down. When I try to Mount it I get this error: "An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service or both." ID c1041724 Help...I'm...

Exchange 2003 ADC problems
Hi, I have the following situation.... We have multiple Exchange 5.5 sites being migrated to one Exchange 2K3 organisation (called Localmail). The first server in the 2K3 org (which had the CA Config agreement) and also the connection agreement to the EX5.5 server (in Localmail) has died and there is no suitable backup for recovery. I need to remove the connections from this dead server. I cannot remove the CA Config agreement - there is no delete option for this connection. If I try to modify the Config CA connection to run on another Exchange 2003 box in the Localmail org I get the c103a...

offline defrag exchange 2k3
I need to perform an offline defrag. in order to do this I understand that I need at least the same amount available space available as the database. Does this mean the size or the priv.edb only? So if the priv.edb is 58G I need the same amount of free space available on that drive. If I do not have the available amount of space then how do you go about performing a defragmentation? Thanks, Mark See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/ESEUtil/a9f60c6f-b181-481f-a492-9bcd21c8e98a.mspx?mfr=true Note that there's generally no need to run offline defrags...

finding all addresses in an exchange system
Being relatively new to Exchange and Outlook, I'm looking for the best way to implement a situation where there is a generic email account that the outside world sends to that a number of people need to monitor. Right now what I have done is set up an email enabled Public Folder and simply give permissions to that folder to the appropriate people. I also hide that address so it doesn't display in the GAL, since there is no reason for internal folks to write to that address. However, one problem I see with this scenario is I can't find an effective way to look at all email addres...

Exchange SVC Pack 1
DO NOT INSTALL. It crashed my server and caused the stores to unload and crash frequently. Now Microsoft want to sell me a hotfix. It was working b4 the svc pack upgrade so everyone beware!! Er, no, that's not the case at all. Exchange 2003 SP1 works perfectly fine for a large number of customers. If you, as a Microsoft customer have had an issue with the SP that requires a service pack, identified by Microsoft, then you will not be required to pay for it. If you have a KB that says you are to call MS for the fix then you may be required to give details but you won't be char...

Exchange/POP3 snafu
We have recently upgraded some clients from Outlook 2000/2002 to 2003. We use Exchange server(2000) for intranet email and have an ISP that hosts our internet (POP3) email. I have configured both accounts (exchange and POP3) in Outlook 2003 but when I try to send an email to both exchange and POP3 recipients one will go and the other will be rejected. For example if the POP3 account is set as default the POP3 email will send but the exchange email will not. The error is: Diagnostic-code: smtp; 5.1.2 - Bad destination host 'DNS Hard Error looking up (domainname).local (MX) T...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

New Exchange Routing Group in child domain / site
I have just finished installing a child domain (leaf node) and installing a exchange server for that new domain. First problem I had was that when my email was coming in via the main domain it was sending some of the public folder emails over to the sub domain (witch I had not configured for public folders) So I placed each domain in its own routing group, created a routing connect (both ways) pointing at each other as well as SMTP Connectors with * and cost of 1 (all default settings in each location / routing group. These server will be split via a T1 and both will receive email (ma...

Exchange alias
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I there, <br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;My primary email is on an exchange server. I also manage a mailing list. I am receiving list responses on my primary account. However, I want my replies to be from my list account name. If I set up a list account and use my primary as a send I set up the recieve everything is fine except I get 2 of each of my primary emails. If I leave the receive blank the send fails. Any ideas ? ...

web server does not open
I published a website http://a542104.uscgaux.info using FP several months ago. Accessing this site for installing/maintenance requires a user ID and password. Recently when I tried to update (the website uses FP Extensions, which I had used before with no problem) the site I get an error message with several options, none of which apply. The ID and password are correct, since I can access the cpanel by using them. But now, when I try to upload new pages from my computer, the website doesn't recognize me at all and does not even ask for the ID and password. Any suggestions...

SMTP-Virtual Server -Emails Stuck
Dear All, I have something happen here, which is UPNORMAL. We were having workgroup with 25 users, and one WinProxy Box with 2 Nic cards on it, and one connected to the LAN, and one connect to the ISP through VSAT with Real IP. No DNS internal at all, all of my users configured with Default gateway of the internal IP of WinProxy , and also able to browse internet with WebProxy client of WinProxy. Also, the mail server which is hosted in USA, we were using POP3 on MS-outlook behind the WinProxy- i mean in the configuration of outlook, we used to put the IP-Address of WinProxy i...