Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox problem

Greetings,

I am running Exchange 2003 and have set up some of my users to forward
emails to addresses outside the organization. the ones for whom the 'Deliver
Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' checkbox is checked are
receiving double emails. I want to be able to put just one copy of an email
in a user's inside and outside account.

Here is some config information:
User account:
    Set to forward to Contact (Below)
    'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' is checked
Contact account:
    SMTP email address

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave Reese
Oakwood Country School
Morgan Hill, CA
0
DaveReese (5)

Perhaps I am missing something here, but why not just uncheck the "Deliver
messages to both forwarding address and mailbox" box for those users?

In news:50F3694A-4C94-4592-B7CF-D1440BE266BA@microsoft.com,
Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Greetings,
>
> I am running Exchange 2003 and have set up some of my users to forward
> emails to addresses outside the organization. the ones for whom the
> 'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' checkbox is
> checked are receiving double emails. I want to be able to put just
> one copy of an email in a user's inside and outside account.
>
> Here is some config information:
> User account:
>    Set to forward to Contact (Below)
>    'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' is
> checked Contact account:
>    SMTP email address
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dave Reese
> Oakwood Country School
> Morgan Hill, CA

Double emails, as in, you send a single message to the user, and two copies
show up in the mailbox, and two copies show up in the mailbox specified for
the contact?

Any rules anywhere? Anyone using POP?

0
lanwench (7567)
6/23/2005 3:47:48 PM
Greetings,

In answer to your questions:

> Double emails, as in, you send a single message to the user, and two copies
> show up in the mailbox, and two copies show up in the mailbox specified for
> the contact?
One copy shows up in user's mailbox, Two copies show up in contact's mailbox.

> Any rules anywhere? Anyone using POP?
On rules anywhere. And no one using POP.

Thanks for your consideration,

Dave Reese
Oakwood Country School
Morgan Hill, CA

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:50F3694A-4C94-4592-B7CF-D1440BE266BA@microsoft.com,
> Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am running Exchange 2003 and have set up some of my users to forward
> > emails to addresses outside the organization. the ones for whom the
> > 'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' checkbox is
> > checked are receiving double emails. I want to be able to put just
> > one copy of an email in a user's inside and outside account.
> >
> > Here is some config information:
> > User account:
> >    Set to forward to Contact (Below)
> >    'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' is
> > checked Contact account:
> >    SMTP email address
> >

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave Reese
> > Oakwood Country School
> > Morgan Hill, CA
>
> Double emails, as in, you send a single message to the user, and two copies
> show up in the mailbox, and two copies show up in the mailbox specified for
> the contact?
>
> Any rules anywhere? Anyone using POP?

0
DaveReese (5)
6/23/2005 8:06:04 PM

In news:059944B1-33C4-4A1F-B68B-D2D5B65D46A2@microsoft.com,
Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Greetings,
>
> In answer to your questions:
>
>> Double emails, as in, you send a single message to the user, and two
>> copies show up in the mailbox, and two copies show up in the mailbox
>> specified for the contact?
> One copy shows up in user's mailbox, Two copies show up in contact's
> mailbox.

If you send a message directly to the contact, what happens?

>> Any rules anywhere? Anyone using POP?
> On rules anywhere. And no one using POP.
>

> Thanks for your consideration,
>
> Dave Reese
> Oakwood Country School
> Morgan Hill, CA
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> In news:50F3694A-4C94-4592-B7CF-D1440BE266BA@microsoft.com,
>> Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I am running Exchange 2003 and have set up some of my users to
>>> forward emails to addresses outside the organization. the ones for
>>> whom the 'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox'
>>> checkbox is checked are receiving double emails. I want to be able
>>> to put just one copy of an email in a user's inside and outside
>>> account.
>>>
>>> Here is some config information:
>>> User account:
>>>    Set to forward to Contact (Below)
>>>    'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' is
>>> checked Contact account:
>>>    SMTP email address
>>>

>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Dave Reese
>>> Oakwood Country School
>>> Morgan Hill, CA
>>
>> Double emails, as in, you send a single message to the user, and two
>> copies show up in the mailbox, and two copies show up in the mailbox
>> specified for the contact?
>>
>> Any rules anywhere? Anyone using POP?

0
lanwench (7567)
6/24/2005 1:23:53 AM
Greetings,

In answer to your question:
> If you send a message directly to the contact, what happens?
Contact receives 1 email.

Thanks again for your help!

Dave Reese
Oakwood Country School
Morgan Hill, CA

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:059944B1-33C4-4A1F-B68B-D2D5B65D46A2@microsoft.com,
> Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > In answer to your questions:
> >
> >> Double emails, as in, you send a single message to the user, and two
> >> copies show up in the mailbox, and two copies show up in the mailbox
> >> specified for the contact?
> > One copy shows up in user's mailbox, Two copies show up in contact's
> > mailbox.
>
> If you send a message directly to the contact, what happens?
> >

> >> Any rules anywhere? Anyone using POP?
> > On rules anywhere. And no one using POP.
> >

> > Thanks for your consideration,
> >
> > Dave Reese
> > Oakwood Country School
> > Morgan Hill, CA
> >

> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
> >

> >> In news:50F3694A-4C94-4592-B7CF-D1440BE266BA@microsoft.com,
> >> Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> >> Double emails, as in, you send a single message to the user, and two
> >> copies show up in the mailbox, and two copies show up in the mailbox
> >> specified for the contact?
> >>
> >> Any rules anywhere? Anyone using POP?

0
DaveReese (5)
6/24/2005 6:07:04 PM

In news:339CFC04-02F7-45B2-B45E-87102B59AB97@microsoft.com,
Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Greetings,
>
> In answer to your question:
>> If you send a message directly to the contact, what happens?
> Contact receives 1 email.

If you disable the forwarding, apply, re-enable the forwarding, any
difference?
If you have the forwarding go to another contact, same results?

> Thanks again for your help!
>
> Dave Reese
> Oakwood Country School
> Morgan Hill, CA
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> In news:059944B1-33C4-4A1F-B68B-D2D5B65D46A2@microsoft.com,
>> Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> In answer to your questions:

>>> One copy shows up in user's mailbox, Two copies show up in contact's
>>> mailbox.
>>
>> If you send a message directly to the contact, what happens?

>>> On rules anywhere. And no one using POP.
>>>

>>> Thanks for your consideration,
>>>
>>> Dave Reese
>>> Oakwood Country School
>>> Morgan Hill, CA

0
lanwench (7567)
6/25/2005 2:20:22 PM
Greetings,

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
> If you disable the forwarding, apply, re-enable the forwarding, any
> difference?
No difference. The 'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox'
checkbox is the key. Another way to state my symptoms:

Condition 1:
*   'Forward to' radio button is selected.
*   'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' checkbox is
__unchecked__.
Result 1: 1 email is sent to forwarding address.

Condition 2:
*   'Forward to' radio button is selected.
*   'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' checkbox is
__checked__.
Result 2: 1 email is sent to user mailbox; 2 emails are sent to forwarding
address.

> If you have the forwarding go to another contact, same results?
Yes, same results.

In case this might make any difference, I am running a single CPU doing the
following functions:
* Server (2003)
* Domain controller
* Exchange Server (2003).

Thanks for your assistance,

Dave Reese

> In news:339CFC04-02F7-45B2-B45E-87102B59AB97@microsoft.com,
> Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > In answer to your question:
> >> If you send a message directly to the contact, what happens?
> > Contact receives 1 email.
>
> If you disable the forwarding, apply, re-enable the forwarding, any
> difference?
> If you have the forwarding go to another contact, same results?
> >

> > Thanks again for your help!
> >
> > Dave Reese
> > Oakwood Country School
> > Morgan Hill, CA
> >

> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
> >

> >> In news:059944B1-33C4-4A1F-B68B-D2D5B65D46A2@microsoft.com,
> >> Dave Reese <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> >> If you send a message directly to the contact, what happens?

0
DaveReese (5)
7/6/2005 2:59:07 PM
Greetings,

Some of my users want to have the flexibility of viewing their mail at
school _or_ at home. Since we are a "closed shop" (We don't allow acces to
email from the outside), being able to "mirror" a user's email messages at
home is an appreciated convenience. The side effect of receiving 2 of each
email at home diminishes this convenience.

Thanks for your assistance,

Dave Reese

"Tim Vander Kooi" wrote:

> Perhaps I am missing something here, but why not just uncheck the "Deliver
> messages to both forwarding address and mailbox" box for those users?
>
> "Dave Reese" <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am running Exchange 2003 and have set up some of my users to forward
> > emails to addresses outside the organization. the ones for whom the
> > 'Deliver
> > Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' checkbox is checked are
> > receiving double emails. I want to be able to put just one copy of an
> > email
> > in a user's inside and outside account.
> >
> > Here is some config information:
> > User account:
> >    Set to forward to Contact (Below)
> >    'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' is checked
> > Contact account:
> >    SMTP email address
> >

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave Reese
> > Oakwood Country School
> > Morgan Hill, CA

0
DaveReese (5)
7/6/2005 2:59:08 PM
We have observed this same issue.  In our case, we have a FE/BE Exchange
configuration.  We have determined that the contact receives two emails
because one is forwarded by the FE server and one is forwarded by the BE
server.  The duplication only occurs when the original (incoming) email is
from outside our Exchange organization.  As we understand the process, the
incoming email comes to the FE server (where the MX record points);  the FE
server checks AD, forwards the email to the contact and also sends it to the
BE server to go into the mailbox.  The BE server then repeats the process
forwarding the email the second time and placing it in the mailbox.  How can
the duplication be prevented?

Alan Ziv
Systems Administrator
South Mountain Community College
Phoenix, AZ

"Dave Reese" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Some of my users want to have the flexibility of viewing their mail at
> school _or_ at home. Since we are a "closed shop" (We don't allow acces to
> email from the outside), being able to "mirror" a user's email messages at
> home is an appreciated convenience. The side effect of receiving 2 of each
> email at home diminishes this convenience.
>

> Thanks for your assistance,
>
> Dave Reese
>

> "Tim Vander Kooi" wrote:
>
> > Perhaps I am missing something here, but why not just uncheck the "Deliver
> > messages to both forwarding address and mailbox" box for those users?
> >
> > "Dave Reese" <DaveReese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > I am running Exchange 2003 and have set up some of my users to forward
> > > emails to addresses outside the organization. the ones for whom the
> > > 'Deliver
> > > Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' checkbox is checked are
> > > receiving double emails. I want to be able to put just one copy of an
> > > email
> > > in a user's inside and outside account.
> > >
> > > Here is some config information:
> > > User account:
> > >    Set to forward to Contact (Below)
> > >    'Deliver Messages to both Forwarding Address and Mailbox' is checked
> > > Contact account:
> > >    SMTP email address
> > >

> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Dave Reese
> > > Oakwood Country School
> > > Morgan Hill, CA

0
Ziv (1)

rule to move messages from senders who are on a personal dist list
Hi, I'd like to create a rule that will move messages that I receive from senders who are on one of my personal address book distribution lists. I would like to move the messages to a folder. However, when I try to create a rule I get this message: 'Cleanup Address List' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Cleanup Address List' instead? I am choosing "New Rule" then "Move messages from someone to a folder." Is there some other way to accomplish this ...

installation problem
I am attempting to install Money 2004 today. During the setup process, the program informes me that I do not have enough room on my C: drive for installation. I then changed the target drive to D: and the installation was completed. When I attempt to open the program, I get the following message: "Money cannot locate 'C\My Documents\My Money' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I'm sure this is a simple fix. Help! Thanks. The second problem probably ...

Access2007 ON_CLICK problem on IMAGE on a TAB CONTROL
Hi All, With Access 2003 i made a form with a tab control. One one of the pages there is an image control with an ON_CLICK event assigned to it (normal vba procedure). With Access2003 the ON_CLICK is executed correctly Exactly the same DB run under Access 2007 the ON_CLICK event is ignored...no reaction at all....... This problem does not seem to occur if the image is not on a tab control Nor does it appear when i replace the image with a Button control. Can anyone tell what is hapening ? Rob, this is a known issue, but it was fixed in the service pack Microsoft released this week. You c...

Error Message while running Outlook 2002
While running Outlook 2002, I have recently recieved the following error message: "Unable to update free/busy data. An OLE rigistration error has occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run set up again for this program" When I close the error message window it comes back again in about 2 minutes. I have searched and found similar threads, but I have found none with this exact error message. I've been using Outlook2002 for a long time. What exactly caused this to appear suddenly and what are the precise steps needed to remedy this problem? -- Win XP Home...

sent messages remains in outbox
Hello, I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally have a problem where the message doesn't leave the Outbox. She'll send the message, close Outlook and shut down her computer for the night. When she comes back in the following morning and opens Outlook, the message is still in the outbox. Any ideas on what might be happening? Oulook connects to a pop based mail server. We don't use Exchange. Thanks, Rod It's Outlook 2002 (XP) not 2003. > Hello, > > I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally &g...

Email address spoofed? How?
With this new virus running wild on the net, I'm sure everyone is looking for answers today. If anyone knows, I would like to know how this virus spoofs email addresses? It started today with NDR's being returned with bogus return addresses, but know we are getting emails returned with legitimate email addresses and we are not sending these messages to the receipiants. If I didn't send it, how is this virus getting my email address? Does this mean I have the virus? NAV Corp Edition has the latest def. file and after doing a virus sweep on our system, it can up clean. What...

Forward meeting requests to mail address
Hi there, I'd like to forward both self-created meeting requests and those sent to me to another mail address so the get pushed onto my blackberry. Using rules in Outlook, you can only forward received messages but not self-created ones. Apart from that, the rule doesn't work... Did anyone already solved that problem or has a hint for me? Thanks, Pascal ...

New Message Notification #2
I use Outlook 2003. When a new email message arrives, I want either to have an icon show up in my system tray or a box show up on my screen (you've got mail). I have checked the box for the icon to appear, but nothing happens. I haven't found an option to choose for the box to appear - and remain - on my screen. Any ideas? Thanks. Ken, In Outlook 2003, you can go to Tools-> Options -> E-mail Options -> Advanced E-Mail Options to find settings on e-mail notification. You can play a sound, briefly change the mouse cursor, show an envelope in the notification area, an...

Mailbox Manager Settings
Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. In mailbox manager I select only the Junk Email folder to be cleaned of everything older than 21 days with Any size limits. When a report is run, several mailboxes with items stored in the root of the mailbox report that a couple of items from the root will be moved or deleted. Any idea why the Manager is looking at and wanting to delete items in the root of the mailbox? Thanks. ...

why do I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes
When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? Did you click File|SaveAs instead of File|Save? Jennifer wrote: > > When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or > overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? -- Dave Peterson ...

Leave a Copy of Messages on Server
Office XP SP3, Outlook 2007 SP1 I like to leave my messages on the server in case I'm away from my regular computers. I can still reference them with webmail. I use Outlook on 2 different computers, however. After I've checked my mail on one of them and then use Outlook on the other computer, I will get duplicates of all the emails that I received on the first computer. It looks like each Outlook program keeps it's own record of where it stopped downloading. Is there a way to tell Outlook to only download unread emails? Is there another solution? I suppose I could del...

Print area problem
Hello, I've got an odd problem, that I can't find any documentation on. On of the users in my company has a spreadsheet that when he scales it to 1 page wide by 1 tall, it drops it down to 10%. The spreadsheet isn't that big... It has 16 columns wide by 100 rows. Should fit fine on a standard sheet of paper. Any clue what could be causing this? Thanks, Wade You might use File, Print Area, Set Print Area to set the print area to exactly the range you want printed. The current print area (or active area if you haven't set one) may be larger than you expect. -- Jim Re...

Money Synchronization Problems
I have been using Money 2003 for Pocket PC for a few months as the main tool for keeping track of my finances. I have recently installed Money 2003 on my laptop but I'm unable to synchronize. When I synchronize, my money data on the Pocket PC gets wiped out and I have to restore it from a backup on the Pocket PC. Here is what I tried: 1- Installed Money 2003 to the default directory on the laptop 2- Reinstalled activesync 3.7 3- Reinstalled Money for pocket PC and made sure it installs to default directories on both the Pocket PC and the laptop 4- Followed the synchronize instructions in t...

Working around Passport Problem
Microsoft is still working the problem, but suggests this to handle things for now: (1) Type in username/password and select "I don't need to use online features that require Passport". (If you are not seeing this option, please try closing Money and reopening it. If that still does not allow the option to be shown, open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box. (2) Click "sign-in" (3) Go to file -> password manager (4) On "File password settings" tab -> click change -> select "...

how do I forward a message when out of office?
--- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.794 / Virus Database: 538 - Release Date: 11/10/2004 Oh another moronic fuckwit who can't a) Use the message body and b) Find the correct fecking group! -- My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually lose his marbles? "Allison" <Allison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37E0B793-2CF4-49CE-AE3A-2EF905CE7A90@microsoft.com... > ...

Why won't word alphabetize a list of email addresses?
I typed a list of single spaced email addresses separated by paragraphs and want to alphabetize them. When I try, I get an error message "Word cannot sort fields in the selections." How can I sort this list? Thanks!!! In the Sort dialog, for "Sort by," make sure you have "Paragraphs" selected instead of "Field 1" or anything else. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sort list of email addresses" <Sort list of email addresses@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Unable to display the folder. (Additional mailbox)
We are using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2003. I have tried to add User Y's mailbox to User X's Outlook under Exchange (open these additional mailboxes). No matter what, I keep getting a gray screen when clicking on the Mailbox in user's Folder List with the following error message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I have made sure of the following: 1. User Y has given User X delegate privleges for Inbox, Calendar, Tasks, Contacts & Notes. All privileges are set to Editor. 2. I have...

JIT Debugging
I have received this error message when trying to run thebestspinner prog installed on my pc. Spoken to their support, but they can't seem to come up with any answers for Vista o/s. I am a total rookie when it comes to this sort of tech stuff. Have tried to run different Compatibility modes under prog properties section. Doesn't make any difference Also have allowed this prog to be included in Firewall enable. O/S 32 bit Vista Home When I try to run it I get this message. Firstly I need to login with my username and password. The the prog says "Not R...

Changing account associated with mailbox?
The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd sooner not have them associated with. Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconnect the mailbox, then use the cleanup agent to reconnect the mailbox to a new AD account? I'd like to be sure I'm doing it the best/right way. cheers, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:54:34 +0000, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd >sooner not have them associated with. > >Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconne...

Removal of E2k Server & Error Message
Hi all, I have recently built a new E2003 server and moved the mailboxes and all the rest of the formalities such as moving the PF & Schedule Free/Busy data etc. Just trying to uninstall the old E2k server which has no part in any email delivery now within my organisation but am getting one error which is that the exchange install cannot be removed because one or mailboxes that still reside on the server as must be either removed or mail disabled. The only description of any mail enabled boxes in the 3 mailbox stores on the server are the System Attendant, SystemMailbox (with a 100...

Many Problems...
I don't know what else to do... First: >>I've installed Microsoft CRM 3 on a server and the Web Client works fine. But, while installing the laptop client, it can't connect to the server!!! I've already added the site to the Trusted Sites List, but the problem still remains... Second: >>I can't use the Workflow Manager 'cause the same reason before. It doesn't connect. Third: >>When I go install Desktop client, it doesn't detect that my Outlook version is 2003 SP1!!!! It doesn't install either!! So many problems, I would like an answer ...

Inbox problems with OL2007
I copied the main .pst file from a OL2003 installation into a PC with OL2007 (where the data files were on a secondary drive that had crashed and needed to be replaced). Now when I can open OL2007 I can read and access all the subfolders from my inbox, but cannot open the main inbox. It always throws up an error message indicating "an unknown error has occurred. Please restart Outlook" Running SCANPST on the data file does not seem to help also. Any ideas as to what can be done to recover / repair the data? Have you tried a new mail profile? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

Problem importing a .pst file
Hi. I'm trying to import messages stored in a .pst file into Outlook (version 9.0.0.2711) with OS W2K. The file was created in Outlook under Windows XP. No error messages appear. The copying barometer comes up and it looks as if the messages are being imported. The problem is that I can't find them anywhere. What's going on? Tim They should be important in your main mailbox unless you've specified it to do otherwise. Do folder sizes indicate messages have been imported? You really should update your version of Outlook with Service Pack 3 and additional up...

1 problem req help
Is there a way to set up Excel to save itself like every 15 minutes or so? Try Tools > Options > Save > Settings (Save auto recovery for every 15 min) ===== * ===== * ===== * ===== Daniel CHEN UDQServices@Gmail.com www.Geocities.com/UDQServices >Free Data Processing Add-in< ===== * ===== * ===== * ===== "SchubieDo" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message news:6jh991lbrm4brv2ug92q9342pj9do98fjp@4ax.com... > Is there a way to set up Excel to save itself like every 15 minutes or so? When posting please use your full name (first and last) even and be ...

Problem with 'multi-part MIME' email
Running Exchange server 6.5 SBS 2003 with all of the current updates. About 4-5 months ago, quite suddenly all of the clients began to receive some of their e-mail as 'multi-part MIME' displaying all of the header info and garbling both the messsage and any attachments. It is not constant. It just appears to happen on some e-mails [1-2/day]. I've noticed that this problem has crept up with people using Vista and Outlook 2003, but have not seen it as an issue for people running Exchange and XP. Any thoughts on how I can correct this? Hello Kurt, Thanks f...