Deletion settings

In Exchange System Manager Mailbox Store Properties,  I set the deletion settings  to keep deleted items for 0 days which I understand should remove the mailbox as soon as it is deleted. Mailboxes that have were deleted days ago still appear in Exchange System Manager. What can the problem be?

"Carl" <schroec(remove this)@hpd.nyc.gov> wrote:

>In Exchange System Manager Mailbox Store Properties,  I set the deletion settings  to keep deleted items for 0 days which
> I understand should remove the mailbox as soon as it is deleted. Mailboxes that have were deleted days ago still appear in Exchange System Manager. What can the problem be?

Deleted items are for individuall mails which you cannot see from
within ESM.
There is another tickbox for deleted mailboxes.
However, even if both are ticked and at 0 days there is another
tickbox which comes into play. "do not delte until backup has
completed" so if you don't have a sucessful backup then you won't have
things getting purged out.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
3/5/2004 7:27:09 PM
Mark - "do not permanently delete mailboxes and items until the store has been backed up" is unchecked. Do you have any other ideas why the mailboxes are not being removed?
0
anonymous (74722)
3/5/2004 8:01:06 PM
"Carl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Mark - "do not permanently delete mailboxes and items until the store has been backed up" is unchecked. Do you have any other ideas why the mailboxes are not being removed?

Run the cleanup agent (right click inside the mailbox view)

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)

How do I set up outlook to retrieve my email?
"George Hopkins" <George Hopkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C787F80B-EFFB-42BC-98B6-085AA3B052B6@microsoft.com... > Choose E-mail accounts.. from the Tools drop down menu. You will need to have your ISPs POP3 and SMTP server names, your email address and initial password as assigned by your ISP. ...

Fiscal Year settings and reporting
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: I know that Fiscal year settings are once and for all. No changes can = take place in it. Is it possible to set the period to monthly and then = roll up by quarter? Can we generate quarterly reports if we select = month? =20 Thanks any help is appreciated.... --=20 Mansoor Awan=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfe...

How do i set automatic replies each mail till i am out
How do i set an automatic replies (out of office assistance) of each mail till i am out of office. For example: A person mails me while i am out of office, then he receives an automatic reply but after one email he will not receive anymore mail while i am out. I want that that person also receive that automatic reply every time he mailed to me during the duration of my absence in the office. You'll have to emulate it via a rule then but also make sure you set some exceptions to prevent endless mail loops. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/oooa.htm -- ...

internet is not working in IE8, while same settings works in mozil
hi i am connected to internet using LAN.and i am using the windows2007 OS. i have configure the same proxy settings in internet explorer , Mozilla and GTalk. but i can not access the internet from internet explorer, while Mozilla and Gtalk are connected to internet. i have reset the default setting of internet explorer but that also not working. anyone please help me to sort it out. even some times the LAN icon will show limited connectivity while i am able to access the internet from Mozilla and Gtalk . thanks in advance ...

deleted emails in outlook 2007 return back in the inbox
A user deletes emails and then after a week, the deleted emails show back in the inbox. Help? "Roy@bnl.gov" <Roybnlgov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF9BE735-98B5-488E-9CB1-35757A71FA80@microsoft.com... >A user deletes emails and then after a week, the deleted emails show back >in > the inbox. Help? Are you sure it is the same thing or are they actually just similar things - like spam that you get more than once for example? Secondly, if you are at a Govt installation, is this happening because of email being restored by someone at the ser...

Deleting a Batch
Does anyone know how to delete a batch... We just upgraded from QS2000, and we have imported our history... while learning the product we created several transactions and ran a z report... However all of the elements of this batch are bogus and now it would appear as though we can not purge batches like we couldv'e done in QS2000... My Accounting staff is now going crazy because the taxes are now way off the charts... any help would be extreamly appreiciated... Mitchell Mitchell, First backup your files, then backup up again to somewhere else to be safe. If you are on the M...

can not delete mail in outlook 2004
hi all, i am using outlook 2003, i can not delete mail in inbox and delete items. it showed that "outlook.pst can not access, there are no enough space". pls help me How large is your .pst file? RIght click on the root of your mailbox, = select properties->folder size. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, trang asked: | hi all, |=20 | i am using outlook 2003, i can not delete mail in inbox and d...

Deleted excel file
Hi all, I work a helpdesk and have a user that inadvertently deleted an Excel spreadsheet that she had just created (no backup). Since it is not in the recycle bin, is there a way to recover this file or is it lost? Thanks in advance. Kent Hi Kent, If the file is not listed in the Recycle Bin or elsewhere on the user's system, it is likely not recoverable; however, the user may want to check with third-party utilities such as Norton or Mace Utilities for possible recovery options. Hope this helps! -- Tom Moore [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

Does e-mail router automatically set regarding?
Hi, I succefully installed the e-mail router on our CRM system. I have set the e-mail option to track e-mails from accounts, contacts and lead. Now when I receive an e-mail from a known contact it is imported in CRM but not linked to the contact. So the "Regarding" field is not set. Is this correct or did I miss some configuration option? I would like the e-mail to be linked to the contact automatically Kind regards, Steven Boers You need to open the web client and check the workplace (type = email and my received emails). see if the email appears their? if so then open the ...

delete rows containing blank/missing values
I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road characteristic readings in two columns taken by a highly sophisticated instrument . I would like to remove the rows that the instrument missed to take the reading. Could some one help me in doing this. The normal technique would be to construct a SELECT query that returns only the rows you want. What distinguishes these rows from the others? On 10 Mar 2007 21:47:50 -0800, prasanna.kusam@gmail.com wrote: >I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road >characteristic readings in two columns taken by a hi...

Deleting Rows if..
I'm trying to get visual basic to delete all the rows that have a certain value (i.e. 1) in a specific column. I've seen this done with a loop, but I'm not sure how it all works. Any insight would be great Thanks Dennis Try the example on this page Dennis http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm Post back if you need help -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "dennis" <dennis.chou@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:010601c423fb$764c4590$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to get visual basic to delete all the rows that > have a certain value...

Setting the default address book for all users?
Hi, I was just assigned the Exchange admin duties at our office. We have Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 Enterprise. Outlook XP (but moving to Outlook 2003 clients) Office management wants the default address book that displays first to be an Outlook address book instead of our Global Address book (our global address book contains email addresses of other outside offices and an email was accidently sent outside to someone with the same name). They want this done for ALL USERS. I know how to do it in Outlooks with the Tools->Address Book-> Options etc. Is there a way to set th...

how do i delete the extra empty rows and columns that i dont need.
I want to limit the size of the worksheet to include only the rows & columns that I need. Thanks in advance Select the first blank row, hit Shift+Ctrl+Down arrow. Edit-->Delete. Select the first blank column, hit Shift+Ctrl+Right arrow. Edit-->Delete Save. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.piersontech.com www.mrexcel.com "lindaY" <lindaY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BA1DB0B-002C-4C0C-A241-5BAC704869B6@microsoft.com... > I want to limit the size of the worksheet to include only the rows & columns > that I need. > > Thanks in...

how do i set up a spreadsheet for my bills?
I want to make a list of all of the people I owe ,the account number,the amount,and the date of the invoice.I also want to be able to subtract the payments as I pay each debtor off.Basically organizing my bills.I will be using Microsoft Office to set this up if possible. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C7E502.23243820 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable That would depend on how you wish to set it up... one worksheet per = debt... =20 Col A Col B Col C Col ...

Setting password on worksheet in Excel 2000
Has anyone had the problem of setting a password on a worksheet in Excel 2000 (MS Office 2000 Pro. Suite). It will let me go through the routine of creating the password and it indicates that a password has been set, but when I reopen the spreadsheet it doesn't ask me for the password, it simply opens to the worksheet. Any help you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks William "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:sfidnfKoo-hczE7YnZ2dnUVZ_rCsnZ2d@giganews.com... > Has anyone had the problem of setting a password on a workshee...

Why does calendar dates that I receive go directly to "Delete" box
Calendar dates that I receive from others in the bldg. go directly to my "Delete" box. Does anyone know how I can change them to go to my "Inbox"? Are the appointments added to your calendar? What is your configuration in Tools, options, email options, tracking options: http://slipstick.me/jing/receipts.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslette...

exporting toolbar settings to a new computer
I've made extensive customizations to my tookbars. How do I move them to a new computer when I install Visio 2003?? You can use the SaveToFile Method of the UIObject . Look at the Visio Sdk help, there are some vba code that can help "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> a �crit dans le message de news: eff90l8UHHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I've made extensive customizations to my tookbars. > How do I move them to a new computer when I install Visio 2003?? > > > Barry, I found this reference: When you create a custom toolbar or modi...

Set sale price based on Sale start date and sale end date.
I want to change the sale price for items currently on sale by selecting the sale start date and sale end date in the Inventory wizard Task 110. Problem is that the filter option does not have these as options. How can I add these selections to the filter? The only way I've found to do it is to select a department, set the sale dates, delete all the items from the department off the worksheet, then add the items. I have a department set up with no items in it just for this purpose. Craig "LLoyd" <LLoyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B1CCBB3-1FCF-...

Publisher set up-11x17 paper folded in half for newsletter
Publisher 2003 - creating a newsletter with 11x17 paper landscape folded in half. What do I put in page set up and how do I key info so the pages 8.5x11? Tink wrote: > Publisher 2003 - creating a newsletter with 11x17 paper landscape folded in > half. What do I put in page set up and how do I key info so the pages 8.5x11? Set File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper to 11x17 (Tabloid). (You will need a printer driver that supports tabloid size printing installed for this.) Then go back to the Layout tab (in Page Setup) and set the layout to Booklet. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micr...

Setting the focus on another application's window...
I would like to set the focus to the window of another application, then close that window. As a test I open the standard Windows "Calculator" application then execute the following code. When I step through it the code does close the window properly but it never sets the focus to it. In the MSDN documentation it says that for SetFocus to work, "The window must be associated with the calling thread's message queue.". I assume it is not in my case. I then looked up the "AttachThreadInput" function but I'm not sure how to get what it expects fo...

I deleted something then hit save
I had deleted something in excel xp and saved my file. I immediately realized what I had done and need that stuff back. is there any way to retrieve information after you've deleted it and then saved it? sincerely, nate If you don't have a backup, no, there probably isn't. If you have an Undelete program that catches files deleted from within a program (as opposed to you manually deleting them from Windows' Explorer), that would be the thing to try. The program I use, Undelete, does NOT trap that kind of deletion. On 28 Oct 2004 18:30:21 -0700, nfarley@gmail.com (nfarl...

Delete from inbox after reply or forwardOutlook
I connect via VPN to my office Exchange server but look via Outlook on my local machine. All of a sudden it is deleting from the inbox anything i reply or forward. Oddly enough if I remote desktop to Outlook on the server it does not reflect the actions locally or subscribe to that behavior. I have matched the email settings on both machines but it continues to do this locally. ...

how do i set the side margins for headers and footers in excel
You're pretty much stuck. Maybe you can use additional spacebar characters to indent??? robertp wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Automatically set the data type as date for a Make Table Query
I have a make table query that I run daily. One of the fields of the query is a date field. The source table for the query treats the information as a text string in a date format that is not recognized by access. I have created formula that parses the string to put it into standard "mm/dd/yy" format. However, when I run the make table query it treats the date field as text. This is a problem because I use a form to hold the criteria for a query that I run on the new table. In order to get the query to work, I have to manually set the data type to short date. This will ...

I deleted my profile, now I can not access the copy of the public folder on my client!
Hi, I hope that this question is new and nobody has done this misstake! I synchronized my public folders (including, tasks, calendar, notes ....) and made a backup on the *.pst files. I don't have any access any more to that LAN. Then (I can not explain why) I deleted the service (deleted the LAN-server) and everything disappeared. Do you have some advice? What is the name of the dbs where public folders are stored? The pst-files do not help me. Thank you for any help Best regards Georg If you were using an .ost file (offline exchange store) and you no longer have the connection ...