Deleting an exchange 2000 server

Hi All

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove an Exchange 2000 server that
doesnt exist from an Exchange ORG ? I know of a way to remove it using the
ADSI EDit utlity...

Expand Configuration (Server name)-->
CN=configuration,DC=.example,DC=.COM--> CN=Services --> CN=Microsoft
Exchange --> CN=Organization --> CN= Administrative Groups --> CN=(Name of
the RG or Admin Grop) --> CN=Servers --> Rt. Click on the server which you
wannna delete and delete it.

Can I / Should I delete this server from the members in the routing group so
no email gets routed to it ?

I have already followed this KB

any thoughts will be appreciated.

thanks

0
help4u (16)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:07:06 -0400, "Steve Waugh" <help4u@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove an Exchange 2000 server that
>doesnt exist from an Exchange ORG ? I know of a way to remove it using the
>ADSI EDit utlity...
>
>Expand Configuration (Server name)-->
>CN=configuration,DC=.example,DC=.COM--> CN=Services --> CN=Microsoft
>Exchange --> CN=Organization --> CN= Administrative Groups --> CN=(Name of
>the RG or Admin Grop) --> CN=Servers --> Rt. Click on the server which you
>wannna delete and delete it.
>

>Can I / Should I delete this server from the members in the routing group so
>no email gets routed to it ?
>
>I have already followed this KB
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=307917
>
>any thoughts will be appreciated.
>
>thanks

Why not use adsiedit?
0
adavid (8731)
6/2/2006 12:07:51 AM
Thats my question....if i remove it from that location using ADSI edit....am
I safe...is that a good way to clean up an exchange server that is dead and
no needed ??

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:07:06 -0400, "Steve Waugh" <help4u@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi All
>>
>>Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove an Exchange 2000 server
>>that
>>doesnt exist from an Exchange ORG ? I know of a way to remove it using the
>>ADSI EDit utlity...
>>
>>Expand Configuration (Server name)-->
>>CN=configuration,DC=.example,DC=.COM--> CN=Services --> CN=Microsoft
>>Exchange --> CN=Organization --> CN= Administrative Groups --> CN=(Name of
>>the RG or Admin Grop) --> CN=Servers --> Rt. Click on the server which you
>>wannna delete and delete it.
>>

>>Can I / Should I delete this server from the members in the routing group
>>so
>>no email gets routed to it ?
>>
>>I have already followed this KB
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=307917
>>
>>any thoughts will be appreciated.
>>
>>thanks
>>

> Why not use adsiedit?

0
help4u (16)

Outlook 2000 change in behavior
I don't know if anyone else has experience this but since installing critical updates I have noticed that when I double click to open email messages in my inbox the messages do not immediately open. The hour glass appears and it takes longer than before installing the critical updates for the email messages to open. I have run the detect/repair tool, and disk defrag. My operating system is windows 2000. Any advice is appreciated. Jackie Darden ...

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

Exchange Freezes on SBS2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C50BDC.0B5F9010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a SBS2003 that has been operational for 6 months. Something is wrong and the whole mail system freezes up. Rebooting the Server seems to solve the problem for a day or two... This is one of the Event Viewer messages: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store = (xxxxx)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fa...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

PibotTable(OLE server)
I'm using MS Access 2003 and doing homework about Pivottable. When I select Query that I would like to create Pivottable. There is a message shows" The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the OLE server encountered an error while you were using it. Restart the OLE server, and then try the operation again." I don't know what the OLE server is and how to restart? If you knows, please help Thanks On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:23:01 -0700, TT <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not sure exactly what happened, but your query likely included an "OLE Object"...

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

setting up outlook 2000 with hotmail
I can't get my outlook to accept hotmail--the help section says "Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click to select the Add a new E-mail Account option, and then click Next.In the Server Type dialog box, click HTTP." there is no E-mail Accounts tab, no Add a new E-mail account option , and no HTTP option. Can anyone tell me what to type in to the lines requesting incoming mail (pop3) and outgoing mail (smtp)? 1) Look on Help, About. It sounds like you have corp mode. You need IMO mode to have accounts. 2) Does ...

Delete all records from CRecordset
Hello, How can I delete all recodors from a CRecordset? Is it possible to use a SQL clause like "DELETE * FROM my_table"? Thanks! This may help you get started: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z5139kz6(VS.80).aspx Tom "Tulio" <Tulio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEAB1327-8C93-44EF-9527-E1F4DFB56A82@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > How can I delete all recodors from a CRecordset? > Is it possible to use a SQL clause like "DELETE * FROM my_table"? > Thanks! There are two ways: 1. write a loop to step through th...

Importing Exchange Rates
We currently enter currency exchange rates manually into Dynamics GP9. Now we are looking for a FREE automated option. Someone suggested we use a RSS feed to get the info- we would then have to convert/prepare the data and use Integration Manager to import the info into GP (not sure yet how to automate all that). Has anyone else done this before or have any other suggestions? There is a sample Exchange Rate integration in Integration Manager. You should review the source file and destination mapping details in this integration to gain a sense of what data will be required for the ...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Convert 2002 D/B to 2000 shows no details
When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to [Convert Database]; to Access 2000 format from Access XP, the resulting database doesn't display anything in the Detail View. All tables and queries appear to be present in LIST View and ICON Views but when DETAIL View is selected the entire display is blank. Is there a "Select Details" option in Access as there is in Windows Explorer? "Tom" <tvandeveer@ldmi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:000701c3dea6$9c1b5440$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to > ...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...

Non responsive MTA on Exchange 5.5
Hello, I got the following problem: The MTA on an Exchange 5.5 box is for some reason not responding anylonger to a STOP service (probably due to a corrupted message in the queue). I want to have the least downtime possible and wanna run an MTACHECK asap. Two solutions available: -reboot the server (stopping the MTA doesn't work using the regular ways) -kill the MTA process using the KILL.EXE tool. It seems to me that killing the MTA process would be faster that having to restart the whole server. Moreover users can still access their mailboxes even though the MTA is running amok. ...

Microsoft CRM Exchange
From previous listings I came across the fact that the email router or Microsoft CRM Exchange Connector sends and receives emails to and from CRM. Also that we can receive an email in outlook then click the Promote E-mail to CRM Activity button to move it into crm. Where is this button located. Should I be working on the server where CRM is installed to get this working? You will only have the Promote button if you have installed Sales For Outlook (or a third part add-in) This will be on the client pc, not (definitely not!) the server "Gautam" <gautam@fivepoints.net>...

Some Messages Don't Download from Server
I've upgraded to Outlook 2003. Lately, it seems that some of the messages on my earthlink server are not downloaded when I use Send/Receive. There seems to be pattern as to which messages are downloaded and which remain on the server. Anybody got any ideas how to fix this? ...

Outloook asks for old exchange server
A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Now I have a couple of users that are getting the cancel request box. I created another profile in outlook but it still does the same thing. Do or should I remove all profiles and start a new one from scratch? Any ideas are much appreciated. Delete the old profile and start anew. If this problem recurs, post your question to an Exchange group as I seem to recall there is something in Exchange that you can configure. "Aaron" wrote: > A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to...

SQL Server hardware requirements
What are the suggested requirements for hardware, especially hard drives for the SQL Server databases??? www.microsoft.com/sql/ "JHFVigeant" <JHFVigeant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FA4005D-130D-4B40-98FB-470BA8DFFB59@microsoft.com... > What are the suggested requirements for hardware, especially hard drives for > the SQL Server databases??? > ...

Deleting of Recurring E-Mail's Outlook 2000
How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? Do you want to keep the history of the recurring? Do you want to "Cancel" future meetings and let other recipients know? Do you just want to delete it entirely? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <gary.christian@carswell.af.mil> wrote in message news:e42601c43c4c$5aca1270$a601280a@phx.gbl... How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? ...

Moving mailboxes to another server
Hi, We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server. I just built a Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. When I "right mouse" click on the mailboxes in the Exchange system Manager on the Exchange 2000 system, it does not have the option for "exchange tasks" to move the mailboxes to the new exchange 2003 server. It does give me the option in "AD". It's a slower process to move it through AD. Any thoughts to add the feature in the Exchange 2000 system manager? Mitch On Mon, 16 May 2005 09:30:11 -0700, "mitch" <mitch@discussions.micr...

Outlook 2000
Hi, We have Outlook installed on a client PC. The user has created an Outlook Address Book (saved as *.pab). Is it possible to export the *.pab file to a CSV file? If not, to view the contnets of the *.pab file is it simply as importing the *.pab file onto another PC? thanks, Pritesh If you are using Exchange, I would import the PAB file into your Outlook contacts. Then using Outlook you can massage the data or export it to a PST and give it to whoever you wish. PAB is really antiquated, I would advise you get away from them. "Pritesh Lad XP SP2 + Telnet" <PriteshLa...

SBS2003 + Terminal Server clients unexpected behaviour
Hi, I know this isn't an SBS issue per se but just wondered if anyone here had any idea as to how I could solve this or could perhaps point me to a more relevant forum. We have two Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server's in our office for workers in a branch office to access an application at head office where there is an SBS 2003 based network. Both Terminal Servers were working fine up until very recently. Now on one of them when a user goes into out company accounts/management package and clicks on a template, which I think uses some kind of document automati...

Exchange 2003 EE not using RAM in computer
I have noticed a couple posts over time in this forum regarding store.exe not using the RAM in a machine. I cannot seem to reply to old posts, so here is my problem. The store.exe (Ex2k3 EE, SP2 on Win2k std. SP1) does not use over 1GB. The server has 4GB of RAM but only 2GB ever is used according to taskmgr, with the store.exe taking almost exactly 1GB. I have the correctly configured boot.ini, but not sure where to go from here. There is only one exchange info store that is around 25GB.... The server is Windows 2003 Std. SP1, not win2k as indicated above...typo, sorry... Jeffrey Read th...