Deleted SMTP Address - 5.1.1 problem

Hi,

We host multiple domains.  A division became succesful and took their
respective domain name (web, email, etc.) and moved it to another provider
and are now out there on there own.

I have used the ADModify2.1 to remove (at least to the best of my knowledge)
all remnants of the old domain name (checking all containers).  I have
deleted the domain name from all recipient policies (not just unchecked the
mark), forced a rebuild, rebuilt the offline address book as well.

Emailing any of the former employees (new GAL) immediately returns a 5.1.1
error.

I have checked both internal DNS servers (all has been removed) and I have
checked our external DNS servers (they too are clean).  In addition I have
performed searches (email address specific to the problem domain) but do not
come up with anyone still having the address.

Question 1:  Is there a work around to force any mail destined to this
domain to their respective MX servers?  If so, how?

Question 2:  Where else should I look to see what could possibly be holding
and forcing the NDR's?

thanks,

Mel
0
Mel1 (144)

Try creating a SMTP Connector for their domain and insert the fqdn/ip
address(es) of their servers.

If using IP addresses, these need to be enclosed in square brackets - e.g.
[1.2.3.4]

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We host multiple domains.  A division became succesful and took their
> respective domain name (web, email, etc.) and moved it to another provider
> and are now out there on there own.
>
> I have used the ADModify2.1 to remove (at least to the best of my
> knowledge)
> all remnants of the old domain name (checking all containers).  I have
> deleted the domain name from all recipient policies (not just unchecked
> the
> mark), forced a rebuild, rebuilt the offline address book as well.
>
> Emailing any of the former employees (new GAL) immediately returns a 5.1.1
> error.
>
> I have checked both internal DNS servers (all has been removed) and I have
> checked our external DNS servers (they too are clean).  In addition I have
> performed searches (email address specific to the problem domain) but do
> not
> come up with anyone still having the address.
>
> Question 1:  Is there a work around to force any mail destined to this
> domain to their respective MX servers?  If so, how?
>
> Question 2:  Where else should I look to see what could possibly be
> holding
> and forcing the NDR's?
>
> thanks,
>
> Mel

0
bharat3597 (1006)

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

CFile (delete file)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Rounding Problem