Deleted public folder with Email Enabled

Hello,
Today I deleted a public folder with email enabled and now the public
folder is in the Global Address list on the outlook clients but not in
the ADirectory manager or the Exchange System Manager. We run a single
Active Directory and a single Exchange Server with 35 employees.

I saw a reference to a similar issue that the clients took a little
while to "update" the information. I've waited about 5 hours for the
update, to no avail. I created a user and tried "hiding" from the
Global List and it was almost instant to the client end, so I know its
updating.

Any ideas? Can I edit the Global Address List directly?

Thank you,
Richard

0
rpadgett (3)

Not sure if this helps, but if you attempt to send to the old address
of the public folder you get:

IMCEAex-_O=VREO+20SOFTWARE_OU=FIRST+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=DESIGND82CE56242B56F5577D49B9DC6B4581A32E367@####.com
on 8/30/2006 4:39 PM
            The destination system is currently not accepting any
messages.  Please retry at a later time.  If that fails, contact your
system administrator.

Condor wrote:
> Hello,
> Today I deleted a public folder with email enabled and now the public
> folder is in the Global Address list on the outlook clients but not in
> the ADirectory manager or the Exchange System Manager. We run a single
> Active Directory and a single Exchange Server with 35 employees.
>
> I saw a reference to a similar issue that the clients took a little
> while to "update" the information. I've waited about 5 hours for the
> update, to no avail. I created a user and tried "hiding" from the
> Global List and it was almost instant to the client end, so I know its
> updating.
>
> Any ideas? Can I edit the Global Address List directly?
>
> Thank you,
> Richard

0
rpadgett (3)
8/30/2006 11:46:14 PM
If your clients are Outlook 2003 with cached mode then please note that four
things have to happen--and in this order--before users show up in the GAL in
Outlook 2003 with cached mode:
1. The object or change must replicate to the RUS server.

2. RUS must run and stamp the user with Exchange attributes.

3. The offline address book must be generated. This is a scheduled activity.

4. Outlook 2003 must synchronize itself with the offline address book.

--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Condor" <rpadgett@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Not sure if this helps, but if you attempt to send to the old address
> of the public folder you get:
>
> IMCEAex-_O=VREO+20SOFTWARE_OU=FIRST+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=DESIGND82CE56242B56F5577D49B9DC6B4581A32E367@####.com
> on 8/30/2006 4:39 PM
>            The destination system is currently not accepting any
> messages.  Please retry at a later time.  If that fails, contact your
> system administrator.
>
> Condor wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Today I deleted a public folder with email enabled and now the public
>> folder is in the Global Address list on the outlook clients but not in
>> the ADirectory manager or the Exchange System Manager. We run a single
>> Active Directory and a single Exchange Server with 35 employees.
>>
>> I saw a reference to a similar issue that the clients took a little
>> while to "update" the information. I've waited about 5 hours for the
>> update, to no avail. I created a user and tried "hiding" from the
>> Global List and it was almost instant to the client end, so I know its
>> updating.
>>
>> Any ideas? Can I edit the Global Address List directly?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Richard

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/31/2006 3:33:01 AM
Thank you for the reply Ed.

Just a few more things...
How can I check to make sure the object or change replcated to the RUS
Server?
I just installed a new Outlook client today and they do not have the
"Design" object in the Global Address List.
The old clients all still have this object, any suggestions?

Rich.

How do I ensure the object replicated to the RUS Server?

New Outlook

Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
> If your clients are Outlook 2003 with cached mode then please note that four
> things have to happen--and in this order--before users show up in the GAL in
> Outlook 2003 with cached mode:
> 1. The object or change must replicate to the RUS server.
>
> 2. RUS must run and stamp the user with Exchange attributes.
>
> 3. The offline address book must be generated. This is a scheduled activity.
>
> 4. Outlook 2003 must synchronize itself with the offline address book.
>

> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Condor" <rpadgett@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Not sure if this helps, but if you attempt to send to the old address
> > of the public folder you get:
> >
> > IMCEAex-_O=VREO+20SOFTWARE_OU=FIRST+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=DESIGND82CE56242B56F5577D49B9DC6B4581A32E367@####.com
> > on 8/30/2006 4:39 PM
> >            The destination system is currently not accepting any
> > messages.  Please retry at a later time.  If that fails, contact your
> > system administrator.
> >
> > Condor wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> Today I deleted a public folder with email enabled and now the public
> >> folder is in the Global Address list on the outlook clients but not in
> >> the ADirectory manager or the Exchange System Manager. We run a single
> >> Active Directory and a single Exchange Server with 35 employees.
> >>
> >> I saw a reference to a similar issue that the clients took a little
> >> while to "update" the information. I've waited about 5 hours for the
> >> update, to no avail. I created a user and tried "hiding" from the
> >> Global List and it was almost instant to the client end, so I know its
> >> updating.
> >>
> >> Any ideas? Can I edit the Global Address List directly?
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Richard

0
rpadgett (3)
8/31/2006 9:55:01 PM
The RUS runs against a selected domain controller.  The object or its
changes must replicate to this server.

The problem is likely that the offline address list hasn't been generated,
or the client isn't working off a current offline address book.  You can
disable offline folders, restart Outlook, and then see if the entry appears.
--

> Thank you for the reply Ed.
>
> Just a few more things...
> How can I check to make sure the object or change replcated to the RUS
> Server?
> I just installed a new Outlook client today and they do not have the
> "Design" object in the Global Address List.
> The old clients all still have this object, any suggestions?
>
> Rich.
>

> How do I ensure the object replicated to the RUS Server?
>
> New Outlook
>
> Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
>> If your clients are Outlook 2003 with cached mode then please note that
>> four
>> things have to happen--and in this order--before users show up in the GAL
>> in
>> Outlook 2003 with cached mode:
>> 1. The object or change must replicate to the RUS server.
>>
>> 2. RUS must run and stamp the user with Exchange attributes.
>>
>> 3. The offline address book must be generated. This is a scheduled
>> activity.
>>
>> 4. Outlook 2003 must synchronize itself with the offline address book.
>>

>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Condor" <rpadgett@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Not sure if this helps, but if you attempt to send to the old address
>> > of the public folder you get:
>> >
>> > IMCEAex-_O=VREO+20SOFTWARE_OU=FIRST+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=DESIGND82CE56242B56F5577D49B9DC6B4581A32E367@####.com
>> > on 8/30/2006 4:39 PM
>> >            The destination system is currently not accepting any
>> > messages.  Please retry at a later time.  If that fails, contact your
>> > system administrator.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

multiple email identities

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

Enabling IMAP cluster
I need to allow my Exchange 2003SP1 mailbox servers run IMAP. I need that in order to work with MailEssentials Public Folder features. When I try to enable IMAP in my active Cluster Node, it says that I need to create a resource for IMAP. Can you point me to documentation on how to create such cluster resource ? Use Cluster Administrator and just go to Exchange virtual server you want to support IMAP clients and select new resource and find IMAP in the list. However, you may need to enable the Exchange IMAP service first. With E2k3 IMAP and POP ares disabled by default (go to services...

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

Outlook 2003

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...