Deleted Accounts in AD

Hello!

I am trying to reduce store database sizes  by emptying mailboxes of
accounts deleted in Active Directory. I tried creating a profile in Outlook
but cannot resolve the account name. Is there a way to do this without
recreating the account and reconnecting to the mailbox?  I would reduce the
store sizes by approx. 2 GB.

Thank you.

--
JoeCL
LACO-CAO

if you have no need for the data in the mailboxes, just purge them...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to reduce store database sizes  by emptying mailboxes of
> accounts deleted in Active Directory. I tried creating a profile in
Outlook
> but cannot resolve the account name. Is there a way to do this without
> recreating the account and reconnecting to the mailbox?  I would reduce
the
> store sizes by approx. 2 GB.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> JoeCL
> LACO-CAO

0
sconkey (3059)
3/10/2006 6:58:04 PM
If the accounts were deleted, the mailboxes should have been marked for
deletion.  If you go to the mailboxes section under the Mailbox Store, you
should see some mailboxes with red X's on them.  You can manually remove
these by right-clicking and choosing Purge, or you can wait until Exchange
automatically removes them after the retention period.

Be aware that this does *not* automatically reduce the size of the databases
on disk.  It creates whitespace (unused space in the database) that Exchange
will re-use before extending the database on disk.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to reduce store database sizes  by emptying mailboxes of
> accounts deleted in Active Directory. I tried creating a profile in
> Outlook
> but cannot resolve the account name. Is there a way to do this without
> recreating the account and reconnecting to the mailbox?  I would reduce
> the
> store sizes by approx. 2 GB.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> JoeCL
> LACO-CAO

0
Ben

Adding text to graphs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In earlier versions of Excel, after I'd drawn a graph, I put insert text on the graph itself to comment on lines or identify features. Is this still possible? If so, how? ...

Forwarding e-mail to external account
My boss wan't his mailbox to also be forwarded to his friend . how can i do that from exchangeserver. Many thanx robel wrote: > My boss wan't his mailbox to also be forwarded to his > friend . how can i do that from exchangeserver. > > Many thanx Hi, you have to create a "contact" in AD users... This contact must be "mail-enabled" to give it the "distant e-mail" and have it to appear in the global list. Selecting the boss mailbox, you will be able to select the contact in "delivery" configuration. A check box will also let you s...

Deleting the first information store
I want to delete the first information store. I do NOT want to recreate it. I'm using exchange 2000 sp3 enterprise ed - all the mailboxes have been moved except for the "system attendant" mailbox Can I right click on the information store and choose delete and then restart the system attendant service and the mail box will be recreated in another information store. ( I can only find this blog - no Ms article on this http://blogs.technet.com/evand/archive/2004/12/21/329172.aspx ) I do NOT want to recreate the old information store. thanks As long as all mailboxes have...

"Mail Has Been Deleted or Moved" Error Message When Synching
When my scheduled email synch between Outlook and my primary email account (verizon.net) occurs, as each new email shows up in my Inbox it is immediately deleted. I receive the following message when attempting to click on an email before it disappears from my Inbox "Mail Has Been Deleted or Moved". I am unable to find this deleted or moved email anywhere, not in the Deleted Folder or any other folder. Upon performing a search in Outlook for mail content (after sending myself mail with specific terms making it easy to search for) there is still no sign of it. This has happ...

Adding Pasted Links
I need to add two values together and paste the results in a different worksheet. I have a table with many of these operations. Short of typing the full links, is there a short cut way to do this? thanks -- Champskipper If you've got a formula like =Sheet1!B1+Sheet1!C1, you can copy the formula as far down the column as you like, and the references will change the appropriare row as you copy down. -- David Biddulph "Champskipper" <champskipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438F18BF-7B24-4D2B-8328-FC34BE82A4CD@microsoft.com... >I...

Can't delete mail
Hello, I have a piece of junk mail in my Deleted Items box that I can't get rid of. When I try to delete it from the folder, I get the message that I do not have access to the account. I know this isn't true because I have deleted all of the other items. I've tried deleting the folder but have the same problem. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? Thanks What type of account and what version of Outlook? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Ale...

Added data in columns
I am new to Excel. I have a project I am working on in which I have a column with a value from 1 to 5. Each number (and in some columns letters) represents a different answer. Is there a way to add the total number of each value? For instance I have over 2000 rows with data. In column "N", an answer can be either 1,2,3,4 or 5. How would I figure out how many answers are "1", how many are "2" an so on. Likewise there is a column with a yes/no answer. How can I see the total number of Yes's and how many No's there are? I appreciate any help. Hi ...

Can I automatically delete old versions of email threads?
There should be an add in or option to only keep the most recent version of a long involved email thread in your inbox. When I come back from vacation, I want to have ONE version to read. However, sometimes people add new recipients or delete others, and there end up being multiple threads, so I have to check them all. Is there anything out there that does this? I'm not looking for one of the duplicate programs because they are not exactly duplicates. Currently Outlook does not have such an option. FWIW: Outlook 2010 will have a Conversation Cleanup feature. -- ...

recovery of deleted e-mails in Windows Mail
I recently permanently deleted several e-mails from the deleted file and need to recover them. I have seen different software packages claiming to do this. I am not a Geek (no ofense) and just have basic computer skills. My question - are these softward applications easy to use or do you need to to have higher skill levels? Is is safe to download directly from the internet? Any advice would be appreciated. Jake -- Jake428 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com You can try a file undelete utility, such as Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva Frankly, the success ...

outlook doesn't recognize email accounts
My Outlook (2002) does not recognize any of my email accounts (I have 3: 2 POP accounts and hotmail). I can set them up and test them in the tools/accounts function and they test & work fine, but (1) when I try to compose a new email, when I click the "accounts" button I get a blank grey square, and (2) when I hit send/receive, nothing happens. I have completely removed the program and reinstalled it, and the same thing happens. If anyone can help on this, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks, David ...

Deleting Identities
Hi,, I just setup outlook express to receive email from my husband and my account by using identities. I have the main identity and all messages are coming to my box if I open my identity first. So I deleted my husband's identity and I'm still getting his mail. How can I make it stop. Please email me back. Brandi It sounds like you have his account setup in your identity. To resolve this problem you will need to Open Outlook Express and go to Tools -> Accounts. Select the Mail tab and then you should see two accounts. You can look at the Properties of each to determi...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

assertion failure on adding activex control
hi, i have placed an activex controll for real player on my dialog box. but when i run it after adding a member variable for the control, getting an assertion failure. it comes only when the dialog box is closed. no error comes after placing the control and then running it.error comes only if the member variable is added. could anyone tell me why this happens and how to solve it. i am getting the assertion failure in wincore.cpp at ASSERT(pWnd != NULL); LRESULT CALLBACK AfxWndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT nMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { // special message which identifies the window as...

New POP email account
I am trying to set up a NetZero email account in Outlook Expr 6. I have followed the instructions exactly. The NZ acct shows up in Tools > Accounts > Mail and when I click properties servers are set up per NZ's instructions. NZ is set as the default acct. However, nothing has changed about the main Folders view. I see Local Folders and MSN. No folder has been added for NZ. When I click Send/Receive (either All or just NetZero) it says it is downloading and sending NZ mail, but I never see the mail, presumably because there is no folder to put it in. It does seem to ...

Deleting MDBData (Mailbox) Logs
We are running low on disk space on our Exchange Server 2003. Is it alright to delete the old logs in the MDBData folder? Thanks. Get a good full backup using NTBackup and they will get cleared when the backup completes. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Posting Accounts
I'm new the Small Business Manager - Can someone explain what a posting account is? As opposed to the other types of accounts. Is it just a journal? It's not clear to me, but I'm not an accountant. Hi Mike, A posting account is an account that holds a balance, like Cash or Accounts Payable. There are a few other account types. Unit accounts in Great Plains store non-financial data such as the number of employees or square footage in a department. These are often used for calculations. Allocation accounts don't have a balance, and allocate to a group of accounts when ...

Deleting subform record causes form record to be deleted
I have two tables in a one to one relationship with Enforce Referential Integrity NOT selected. I want to delete the subform record but not the form record. When I attempt to delete the subform record, I get the following message? Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records? I delete the subform record and my form record is deleted also. ...

Remove Investments Without Removing Account
There are Investments showing on my Home Page, that are closed accounts. Since they are closed accounts I don't want to see them unless I want to access their accounts or reclassify them as open accounts. How do I remove them from the Investment Summary or any watch investment page without removing the actual account itself. I am using Money2004 on a Windows Home XP OS. Thanks. Frank ...

Different email account with pst file
Hi, I have three email account pst file A a B b C c Is it possible when Outlook received from different email account, the email will be automatically stored in the correspondance pst file ?? I tried to setup it but Outlook accept ONE default location pst file Thanks Jimmy >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have three email account > pst file >A a >B b >C c > >Is it possible when Outlook received from different email...

adding pdf files to a publisher document
I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without opening up the pdf file? I can add an object, but pdf is not on the list of objects. No, not unless you have Acrobat (not just the free reader). And even then there seem to be posters who can't but I can with no problem. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "campgus" <campgus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4068A49-7B75-4446-8CA3-37F62ADBEEAD@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without > opening up the pdf f...

E2k7
Dear all I have a rather unsettling problem with a Win2k8 SBS server. It was working just fine until yesterday when it started to exhibit strange (apparently) network & AD related problems which led to an eventual failure of the Exchange server, which stopped working reporting: --- Process MAD.EXE (PID=3D2672). Topology discovery failed, error 0x80040a02 (DSC_E_NO_SUITABLE_CDC). Look up the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) error code specified in the event description. To do this, use Microsoft Knowledge Base article 218185, "Microsoft LDAP Error Codes.&qu...

Money 2005
I attempted the workaround for the problem with duplicate accounts that consists of Enabling Synchronization using the Deluxe Portfolio Manager on MoneyCentral and reading in the *.mny file. Unfortunately, although this did initiate a Sync with Money 2005 and it updated my portfolio information it also created the duplicate MSN Billpay account. I still have two checking accounts, one that was always pre-existing, and a new one that BillPay created. Unfortunately, I am unable to merge the two accounts (No accounts to merge when attempting to use the option). I am using the latest patched ve...

Upcoming Bills in Account Register
What happened to the Upcoming Bills section that used to be displayed at the bottom of the account register? In 2003 while you were entering transactions, you could quickly glance to the bottom to see if there were any upcoming transactions. This feature does not appear to be available in 2005 Deluxe. I've got upcoming bills on my home page, but I don't want to have jump back there to see what it coming up. ...

AD objectGuid
I am trying to figure out the AD guid because I need to change the storage size of my entire mailbox store. Please help. Thanks. Here's a script that'll dump Store GUIDs, legacyExchangeDNs, et al for all Exchange servers in your Org: http://www.suneja.com/blog/2006/03/script-get-store-guids.html -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "eli" <eli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F83CA1D-258B-4602-A105-2F9F762586DE@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out the AD guid be...

two pop mail accounts
What is the best way to set up Outlook 2000 to use 2 different pop mail accounts? I would like to have Outlook prompt me for which mailbox to open (similar to using no authenication on a networked Outlook)upon starting Outlook, if this is possible. thanks in advance lanman_4 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the best way to set up Outlook 2000 to use 2 > different pop mail accounts? I would like to have Outlook > prompt me for which mailbox to open (similar to using no > authenication on a networked Outlook)upon starting > Outlook, if this is po...