delete user from global address list

How do I remove a user from the global address list?

Thanks in advance

Greg
0
gregkh (38)

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:50:02 -0700, "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How do I remove a user from the global address list?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Greg

Delete the account? Hide it?
0
adavid (8731)
8/21/2005 1:07:24 PM
either or both if possible. But I do not want to delete the Domain account.

Greg

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:50:02 -0700, "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >How do I remove a user from the global address list?
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >
> >Greg
>
> Delete the account? Hide it?

0
gregkh (38)
8/21/2005 6:54:24 PM
The easiest way is just to check the "Hide from Exchange Address Lists"
checkbox for that particular user object in AD Users & Computers.  This is
found on the "Exchange Advanced" tab of the user object.  Make sure you have
View>Advanced Features checked to see the Exchange Advanced Tab.

"Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> either or both if possible. But I do not want to delete the Domain
> account.
>
> Greg
>
> "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:50:02 -0700, "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >How do I remove a user from the global address list?
>> >
>> >Thanks in advance
>> >
>> >Greg
>>
>> Delete the account? Hide it?

0
mitch4831 (6)
8/21/2005 8:26:36 PM
Remember it may take some time to be removed, depending on how often the
update service runs.

Hi ya Mike.............

--
Hope it helps

dw

_______________________________
Don Wilwol
donwilwol(DELETE)@yahoo.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/wilwol/

"Mitchell_CT" <mitch@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> The easiest way is just to check the "Hide from Exchange Address Lists"
> checkbox for that particular user object in AD Users & Computers.  This is
> found on the "Exchange Advanced" tab of the user object.  Make sure you
> have View>Advanced Features checked to see the Exchange Advanced Tab.
>

> "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> either or both if possible. But I do not want to delete the Domain
>> account.
>>
>> Greg

>>> Delete the account? Hide it?

0
Don
8/21/2005 9:28:53 PM
Good point Don, especially if the client is using Outlook 2003 in cached
mode- The OAB only rebuilds once per day at 5AM by default.

Hey Don!!!  Small world!

"Don Wilwol" <donWilwol@(EMAIL)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Remember it may take some time to be removed, depending on how often the
> update service runs.
>
> Hi ya Mike.............
>
> --
> Hope it helps
>
> dw
>
> _______________________________
> Don Wilwol
> donwilwol(DELETE)@yahoo.com
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/wilwol/
>

> "Mitchell_CT" <mitch@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> The easiest way is just to check the "Hide from Exchange Address Lists"
>> checkbox for that particular user object in AD Users & Computers.  This
>> is found on the "Exchange Advanced" tab of the user object.  Make sure
>> you have View>Advanced Features checked to see the Exchange Advanced Tab.
>>

>> "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> either or both if possible. But I do not want to delete the Domain
>>> account.
>>>
>>> Greg

0
mitch4831 (6)
8/22/2005 1:50:34 AM
Don't forget distribution lists that the user may be in. They will continue
to get mail sent to the list. Plus, anyone with the user in a cached list in
Outlook will continue to be able to send them mail....

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Mitchell_CT" <mitch@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> The easiest way is just to check the "Hide from Exchange Address Lists"
> checkbox for that particular user object in AD Users & Computers.  This is
> found on the "Exchange Advanced" tab of the user object.  Make sure you
> have View>Advanced Features checked to see the Exchange Advanced Tab.
>

> "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> either or both if possible. But I do not want to delete the Domain
>> account.
>>
>> Greg

>>> Delete the account? Hide it?

0
rasilon1 (689)

How to use outlook address in Excel
Hello, I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of my customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist when I am writing a new invoice in Excel. In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel. Can somebody help me ? "Henny Slokker" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like > to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Global domain identifier (Country, ADMD, PRMD) in first Trace Info
Messages are timing out and NDRing with the below event id. This server was originally installed in one RG, then moved to different one. I understand this may have something to do with it but cannot find anything on MPO (trying to avoid opening yet another case) Thanks for the help. Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeMTA Event Category: X.400 Service Event ID: 209 Date: 10/27/2004 Time: 8:02:26 AM User: N/A Computer: SVR-JPT-EXC-02 Description: Global domain identifier (Country, ADMD, PRMD) in first Trace Information of message C=US;A= ;P=MGC;L=SVR-ORW-EXC-08-041026230220Z-...

produce list automatically from choice of drop down list
I have a drop down column where the choices are say 1 to 100 From the choices listed, I want to create a list automatically from the results so I can set up if formulas against the choices selected. Column A Column B Column C Choice (drop down box) Automatically adds look up selections from column A formula using column B 1 to 100 ...

Excel macro list
In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? Is there still a way of accessing macros via Alt+F8? Any suggestions appreciated. Hi, ALT+F8 works for me in E2007. What do you mean by 'I get is a series of ribbon help letters' Mike "pbaker6" wrote: > In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing > Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? > Is there still a way of...

Identifying other users
I am looking to display a message box, automatically, to identifying any other users currently accessing a privately networked excel file when that file is first opened. So that in the event of a 'read only' scenario they know who to contact. A share option is not appropriate in this particular case. ...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

Problems with address books
I've had to re-install outlook '97 a couple of times to sort out some problems. Now I find that contacts isn't the default mail list. That's to say when I want to send an email the list of people is from an old address book and not from the contact list I have in front of me! How do I make sure that when I want to send an email or fax that I'm presented with a choice from my contact list? How can I safely delete the old address books which are now a waste of space? Peter ...

exporting to address book
I want to export address's from excell into address book for the mac. DIF is not available and have tried other formats to no avail. Anyone know how to do this. I have 1000 names, address's, phone numbers and email address's and wish to email to this group. Thanks Scotty Scotty I would look at either csv or txt output (File>Save as...), there are very few address books in the PC world certainly that don't offer these import formats -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Scotty&...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

allow user to highlight field on form
I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used to input comments about the the person and has several memo fields. The user wants to be able to highlight a field if the information is important and needs to be highlighted to other users of the system. I cannot use conditional formatting because the decision to highlight the field is made by the user depending on different circumstances. Any help would be appreciated On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:52:01 -0700, aussiebob wrote: > I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used...

Obtain data from list
I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in worksheet. I have 2 sheets - On Sheet 1 - I have drop downs. Whatever is selected in the list - I want to show that value in a cell on Sheet 2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hi, I think if you just change the properties of your dropdown so that the linked cell refers to the cell on your other sheet, it should work fine. Right-click on the dropdown and goto properties...Linkedcell. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in >worksheet. > >I have 2 sheets -...

2 accounts being sent under one address
I currently have two accounts in my Outlook 2000. xxx@provider.net & PPP@provider.net. The PPP@provider.net is the primary account. When sending an email from the xxx@provider.net, it still shows as the PPP@provider.net address, so in turn I get any replies to the xxx@provider.net back to the PPP@provider.net. Is there any way to make the reply address or the address of sender shown to the xxx@provider.net account? You said you had 2 accounts. You then listed 2 email addresses. Those are not the same thing. Clarify your post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jeepstr9" ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Delete Search in explorer
I want to delete the Search... from explorer when you right click, but I can't find the registry key for it.. Anyone one knows where it is at? Thanks. In news:c7bd3046-634c-4836-a4a3-a1d5347d6f25@y14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, Mint <chocolatemint77581@yahoo.com> typed: > I want to delete the Search... from explorer when you right click, but > I can't find the registry key for it.. > > Anyone one knows where it is at? Why do you think every program feature has a registry key? On Apr 12, 9:37=A0pm, "Greg Russell" <gruss...@invalid.co...

How to exclude one user from being affected by mailbox limits.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like the manager to have a 500MB limit but we can't find anything that would exclude him from being affected from the limits. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Thanks for your help, Jamie In news:5ACF0054-7FAB-45B8-89D4-41F4359376A2@microsoft.com, Jamie Tanner <JamieTanner@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. > > We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like...

the same outbound SMTP address for multible users
Hi group Her is a tricky one Is it possible to configure Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails seems to be comming from the same sender SMTP address e.x. info@domain.com when the sends email outside the organisation (not internal) it must be done on the server level and not in Outlook using "From" field Thanks in advance B.Hansen MCP Denmark On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:25:12 +0100, "Bjarne Hansen" <bhansen1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi group > >Her is a tricky one >Is it possible to configure >Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails see...

Are my tasks visible to other users?
Hi Sandra, It is possible to share tasks with other users if you are on an Microsoft Exchange Server. In Outlook 2003, click on Tasks, and in the Navigation Pane (The column on the left side of the Outlook window) click on Share My Tasks if available. This option is not available unless you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account. It is on the Permissions tab that you can set whether or not you would like to share your tasks with other users. You can specify the people who can access your Tasks, as well as their permissions. Important If you select the Private check box in a Ta...

How to create drop down list that determines another drop down list?
Hey all, Here is an example of what I am trying to do. I have a list of ten baseball teams with 20 players on each team. I want to create a drop down box that will allow me to select one of the ten teams and then a second drop down box below the first that will give me the list of the 20 players on the team I have selected in the first box. Then I want to choose that player to enter his statistics. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. THANKS in advance, Darren D. Darren You can use the selection from the first pulldown as the defined name for the second selection list Then in t...

how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?
how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel? You can not clear it whenever you want. You can however set the no of file names to be displayed to 0 which clears the list... In Excel 2003 Tool->Options->General Enter 0 against 'Recently Used File List' of clear the check box. Click 'OK' Word has a similar option. For 2007 versions or if you want to play with Registry Settings (not advised unless you understand it well) see http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-p...

Keeping Archive File in Folders List
I have a colleague who placed the Archive file at the top of her list of folders in Outlook so it is easy to open the Archive file and search for a message or appointment if necessary. She can't remember how she managed to do this and I would love to do this myself.Any suggestions? Thank You File-> OPen-> Outlook Data File... and browse to archive.pst -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Content Boxes not appearing on list forms (newform.aspx)
Morning, FYI: I have posted this question on the sharepoint msdn forums and got directed to the SBS newsgroup, I asked this same question there and have been directed to here, i would be very greatfull if someone could please help. I have many workstations (95% now) now not displaying text boxes/content boxes within sharepoint (2003 SBS version). Any other site will display forms but not sharepoint. This does not seem to effect all machines and seems to have nothing to do with permissions as i have tried with all types of users. I have tried changing all the security settin...

Shared calendars
I am implementing a new mail domain (e2k3) on a Windows 2003 AD structure. I have about 1200 users in the new domain, nobody is using it yet though, they were migrated from another AD domain. These users will all have new mail accounts on my new exchange box, but I have been asked to set it up so that ALL users have READ access BY DEFAULT to ALL other users CALENDAR only. I see where I can give them full control to the entire mailbox, but where can I give them specific control to just the calendars? Hi, Why do not create a Public Folder with a general Calendar on it and grant access t...

how to store user responses
Using Excel 2000, I have a userform--userform1, with a textbox-- txtquantity1. I'm trying to get the user to enter the quantity for a part number in a quote. There could possibly be as many as 40 different quantities requested by the customer. When the user enters the quantity and presses enter, I'd like to ask them if they have another quantity to enter, or at least provide another textbox so they could enter another quantity and keep generating textboxes until the user is through adding quantities. When they are finished entering the last quantity, the user needs to c...

Viewing other users Calendar
Hi - We've recently installed CRM 3.0, desktop client, and I noticed that since the install, I can no longer see anyone else's availability on outlook's calendar. We're using outlook 2003 - Anyone see this before? Any suggestions? Thanks Al ...