Delete items Automatically

Hi all,

I have an isssue that i am trying to resolve....

I have a couple of mailboxes that need to be purged (all items removed)
every day (more frequent) if possible.

Is there any utility that will do this with me having to logon using an
outlook client?

I basically have to check my postmasters mailbox all day, just so it doesnt
build up to about 25k messages a day!

THanks Guys n GalS!

0
me4856 (26)

have you looked at "mailbox manager"?

"David Chadwick" <me@davidchadwick.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have an isssue that i am trying to resolve....
>
> I have a couple of mailboxes that need to be purged (all items removed)
> every day (more frequent) if possible.
>
> Is there any utility that will do this with me having to logon using an
> outlook client?
>
> I basically have to check my postmasters mailbox all day, just so it
doesnt
> build up to about 25k messages a day!
>
> THanks Guys n GalS!

0
susan7353 (1225)
11/18/2004 10:09:41 PM
Great suggestion,

My first thought was that MM can only be applied to a server, but what i
will do is customize the recipient policy to apply to the mailboxes that
need it

Thanks Susan!
"Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> have you looked at "mailbox manager"?
>
> "David Chadwick" <me@davidchadwick.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have an isssue that i am trying to resolve....
>>
>> I have a couple of mailboxes that need to be purged (all items removed)
>> every day (more frequent) if possible.
>>
>> Is there any utility that will do this with me having to logon using an
>> outlook client?
>>
>> I basically have to check my postmasters mailbox all day, just so it
> doesnt
>> build up to about 25k messages a day!
>>
>> THanks Guys n GalS!

0
me4856 (26)

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie That worked great, thank you so much. How do I run the same macro for another name right after this one? Bernie Gary''s Student wrote: > This macro: > > Sub remover() > v = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value > For Each r In Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange > If r.Value = v Then > r.EntireRow.Delete > Exit Sub > End If > Next > End Sub > &g...

#Deleted being displayed in a linked table
I have linked to a mainframe DB2 table and when I try to open the table or run a query against it, the only thing that display is "#Deleted" in every cell. I know there is data in the table as I can query using Excel and get the correct results. Using the same simple query in Access, I retrieve the correct number of rows but they all contain the same "#Deleted" message in each cell. I have links to other DB2 tables on this mainframe and the results are fine. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks. Have you tried relinking the table? I had the same thing happen to me o...

Why do service items need to be assigned to a site?
Why do service items need to be assigned to a site if they're not maintained in inventory? I can't invoice a service item unless it's been assigned to a site. Can someone explain why this would be required? Thanks! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 The simple answer is that the system was designed that way. It's been that way for many versions, if not from the beginning. It's not something that can be changed and I'd be surprised if MS changes the system to not require a site. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bud"...

Line Items skipped in PO Generation
We are currently using Dynamics GP v9.0. Our Purchasing Agent has been having a problem now for a couple of months when printing Purchase Orders - As she enters each item, they show correctly on the screen (1, 2, 3, etc), however upon printing the PO, line 2 (or 3) is left blank and then becomes 3 or whatever the next line item would be. The item is not 'skipped' on the PO, just moved down one line item, thus creating a 'blank' line item so that the vendor then thinks there is a line item missing. Any suggestions? This is happening whether there are two items or 20. t...

run macros automatically
i have got around 10 macros in a excel spreadsheet. i want all of them to run when i open the file. or there should be a button which will runs all the macros whenever the user wants. You can do it either way really, First create a new macro, that runs all the ten macros that are in your workbook. If you want this macro to run whenever the sheet is opened, save it with the name 'Auto_Exec' and it will run automatically when you open the book. If you want to execute the macro on a button press, you can call it any name you wish. Next you will need to create a new button, so go ...

outlook delete message outbox problem
I am seeing that this is not an unusual problem. I have tried working "offline". I have tried disconnecting the internet connection to the computer, restarting, delaying message sending, etc. File still will not delete or be moved. I have noticed same "error" message as some others have gotten, mapi spooling? and "message has already begun transmission what a joke this has been for 2 weeks and I don't even know what archives this has been pulled from. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Duplicate Transactions from Automatic Downloads
Hello - About a month ago, transactions that Money 2007 automatically download from Schwab, started getting duplicated. Each time accounts were updated, I would get all transactions that happened within the last couple of days, regardless of whether they were downloaded before. Is this likely an issue with a corrupt MS Money file, or a problem with the download service? Is anyone else experiencing this, and does anybody know a solution? Thanks, Reddog Hey Reddog, Have a look at the thread started 11/15/07 titled 'Duplicate Transactions Downloading'. Rapid Robert "Re...

Stop Record Deletion
I have a continous form based on a table. The form uses the record selector function to allow users to easily delete un-wanted data. Some records will now be uploaded into a differnt system. I have set-up a field to flag which records have been uploaded. How can I keep the record selector, but stop rows that have been uploaded (flagged) from being deleted? "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E9AD22E-9222-4FDB-B170-18E92A25882F@microsoft.com... > > I have a continous form based on a table. The form uses the record > selector &...

Re: Inbox subfolder deleted with its contence, can it be recovered?
I have a user at work who has deleted his inbox subfolder, with all it content. Believing he had a e-mail highlighted that he wanted t delete, he deleted by using shift delete, so it perminately deleted th contents but instead he had the subfolder highlighted, did not look a the warning message saying you are going to delete "hunter folder an its contents" *sigh* is there any way this contents be recovered? usin a thirdparty recovery tool? Thanks in advance - danie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

Greying out a menu-bar item
Hi. I wish to greyout a menu bar item, eg "File" or "Edit". Normally not at problem to grey out things under the menu, eg "Undo" or "Save". So I go: void CInterfaceSDIDoc::OnUpdateOptions(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable(FALSE); } But it doesn't work! The menu doesn't work, but it's not greyed out. Ideas? You could try getting the m_pMenu out of pCmdUI and explicitly call m_pMenu->EnableMenuItem(id, MF_GRAYED | MF_DISABLED). -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This...

Unable to delete public folder in Exch 5.5
I have 2 exch server 5.5 sp3 under same Org and Site container. 1 of the public folder was created in server b. But server b crashed and left is server a. Even though in the Outlook we can still see the public folder, but in the server a, the public folder does not exist coz it was hosted in server b. I could not delete it and the message says - 'Unable to display the folders.The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exch Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site' Anyone ...

can't delete DLL
Hi, I wrote a very simple dll and through VC++ debug, I can see it has already call destroy() when my host program exit; But I find I can't delete it in folder. it maybe means it is still in use. but I have already free it. Anyone can give a clue, where's my problem? I use XP + VC++. BOOL init() { return true; } static void a() { } static void b() {} void destroy() { } BOOL WINAPI DllMain(HINSTANCE hInst, DWORD fdwReason, LPVOID lpvReserved) { if (fdwReason == DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH) return init(hInst); if (fdwReason == DLL_PROCESS_DETACH) destroy(); return TRUE; } ...

Outlook 2000 Closing msg
Hello, I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k Machine. The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. Any Thoughts? It's probably still there - check the view settings. It sounds like he's viewing only unread messages. tim.wiitanen wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k > Machine. > > The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" > completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. > > Any Thoughts?...

CC automatically from distribution list
I am trying to set up a distribution list and trying to automatically cc people from this list (but now all). Is there someway to do this or a macro that can allow this to happen. ...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

Item Lookup Security
Is there a way to setup the user security for the item lookup button (for sales transactions) so that a user is able to see only a selected/ limited list of items and not ALL items? Aman, Currently this doesn’t exist out of the box, but it could be customized in several ways as described below: 1. If you are familiar with Dexterity you can follow David’s proof of concept about data level security in his post below: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/08/13/row-level-filtering-proof-of-concept.aspx 2. You can create smart-list filtered for the needed...

How do I stop Excel from deleting the Window's Clipboard Contents
Note: This is with the Office Clipboard turned OFF! For example, If I write the following in 5 cells in Excel. [Hello ][My ][Name ][Is ][Fred ] Then I Copy (CTRL+C) the Cells: [Is ] and [Fred ] to the Clipboard... Then I press [Esc] (there are a dozen other ways to do this, but, this is the simplest) Now, I go to any cell, anywhere in my workbook, and press Paste (CTRL+V)... No Data... If I open up Notepad... Paste (CTRL+V).... No Data... Excel has *decided* for me, that I want to delete the Window's Clipboard Contents. Although I ha...

Getting cells to automatically delete spaces
Hi all I have got a very large spreadsheet where the information is presente as: 111111/ 1 Notice the two spaces after the forward slash. There's about 10'00 cells in the column with varying numbers but all in the above format. I need to get the two spaces deled so that it will appear as: 111111/1 Is there a way i can get excel to proccess this for me. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Darre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Darren, Select the required area or a whole sheet, and do a simple Replace (Edit menu), asking Excel to replace s...

HELP: Email body deleted when I receive voting response
Hi All, Whenever I vote using voting buttons, Email body gets deleted when the voting response is sent. So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay when I receive the voting responses. Thanks in advance. ...

Deleting Attachments
I'm doing file maintenance and noticed my inbox size is 15,768 with the total size being 96,206. I reguarly delete messages with attachments but think the reason for the large actual size is the attachments are not being deleted. If this is so, how do you set Outlook 2002 to automatically delete the attachments? I know previous versions had a check box to delete attachments but I cannot find one in this version. If all these attachments are still saved how do I delete them? Darryl ...

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...

"Delete" should not be next to "rename" on right-click of mouse
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ab895d2e-cf8e-4b39-afce-b222c9a9c96c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc Gee, can't imagine what prompted that... I agree to some extent, but I'm ...

Modifying item lookup window
Is it possible to modify the item lookup window to show Description by default instead of Short Description? I know users can get to the description on that window with an additional click, but when they are doing lookups frequently that's a lot of extra clicks. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Hi Jim, There is a product called SmartFill that will allow you to create the lookup window for an Item anyway you want. It is relatively inexpensive, probably a little more then the cost of customizing the window. But it works with Items, Customers, Vendors, Account Numbers, Employees, etc. it a...

Help with SQL- SupplierList cost into Item cost field
Hi, re-posted! See below. Hi, thanks for that- it worked perfectly. There is just one snag however and I didn't think of it until I was testing. Many of the suppliers use specific currencies so the information I need copied from the Supplier tab is actually the Local Cost. When I view the SupplierList table, Local Cost doesn't appear as a column. Is it just a calculation based on exchange rates for information or does it actually exist somewhere within the database? Your help once again would be much appreciated. T. "convoluted" wrote: > Hi Tara - backup your...