Delegates using only OWA

I have a home based user, accessing using OWA only, who needs to have
delegates set up.  Is there a simple way to do this not having a box with
outlook avaliable?

cheers,
Box

0
Boxington

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:28:42 -0000, "Boxington Headmaker"
<the_boxhead@alt<<two_thousand_six_hundred  <- convert that to
numerals>>.org> wrote:

>I have a home based user, accessing using OWA only, who needs to have
>delegates set up.  Is there a simple way to do this not having a box with
>outlook avaliable?
>
>cheers,
>Box

Are they the delegate or are they doing the delegating?
0
mark7219 (5666)
2/15/2005 12:01:24 PM
> Are they the delegate or are they doing the delegating?

Sorry, badly worded question.  The home user is doing the delegating.  (A
user at the office needs access to all the e-mails, calendar etc.)  I am not
on site, and was hoping to be able to set this up from a remote connection I
have to the Exchange server.

Box

0
Boxington
2/15/2005 12:21:24 PM
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:21:24 -0000, "Boxington Headmaker"
<the_boxhead@alt (two_thousand_six_hundred in numbers).org> wrote:

>> Are they the delegate or are they doing the delegating?
>
>Sorry, badly worded question.  The home user is doing the delegating.  (A
>user at the office needs access to all the e-mails, calendar etc.)  I am not
>on site, and was hoping to be able to set this up from a remote connection I
>have to the Exchange server.
>
>Box

Curses. I can't think of a utility that will allow the home user to
use OWA only to add delegates.
If you can get onto the Exchange server and run dsa.msc you can assign
the Send As right. It's not a delegate obviously but there are a few
security settings you can do centrally.

0
mark7219 (5666)
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:21:24 -0000, "Boxington Headmaker"
> <the_boxhead@alt (two_thousand_six_hundred in numbers).org> wrote:
>
>>> Are they the delegate or are they doing the delegating?
>>
>>Sorry, badly worded question.  The home user is doing the delegating.  (A
>>user at the office needs access to all the e-mails, calendar etc.)  I am
>>not
>>on site, and was hoping to be able to set this up from a remote connection
>>have to the Exchange server.
>>
>>Box
>>

> Curses. I can't think of a utility that will allow the home user to
> use OWA only to add delegates.
> If you can get onto the Exchange server and run dsa.msc you can assign
> the Send As right. It's not a delegate obviously but there are a few
> security settings you can do centrally.

Many thanks for the reply, looks like it's going to be a manual job.

cheers,
Box

0
Boxington

to use data validation or not
hi, I am making a church donation file in Excel. We have now about a hundred plus donors. The number of new donors are still increasing. At present, I am using data validation with drop down list. My main problem is the every week there are about 2 or 3 new donors. Donors usually use aliases instead of their real names such as Amazing Grace, 008 or Love etc. The list is getting long. I have to update the names in the list first. I would like to ask for your expert advice, is it better to continue using the data validation list or type the name of donors? In case, I need t...

OWA 440 error
Hi All, I am getting the "440: Login Timeout' error when i type in the owa address in the browser. I have check IIS virtual directories, services and browser settings but everythin looks good on that side. Does anybody know or have seen this error? thanks J jx wrote: > Hi All, > > I am getting the "440: Login Timeout' error when i type in the owa > address in the browser. I have check IIS virtual directories, > services and browser settings but everythin looks good on that side. Does > anybody know or have seen this error? > > thanks > ...

outlook automation / change e-mail account used to send e-mail
I am using automation in MS Access to send e-mails through outlook, this is working fine. The e-mails are send through the default e-mail account (there is several of them) Does anyone knows the code (VBA) to choose/select the account with which the e-mail will be sent? Thanks Philip used code below, somehow there must be a property to be changed so it selects a different e-mail account I took the code out of another application of mine, that is why some stuff is taken out as text Private Sub cmdEmails_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_cmdEmails_Click Dim objOL As Outlook.Application ...

exchange & owa
Hello all. Wondering if anyone could help me see the light. I have > an exchange cluster with two nodes. I also have two nlb owa 2003 > machines. I roll my exchange cluster every weekend, so that if I > have windows update, i'll have a node that I can roll back to if the > update causes problems. When I do roll my exchange cluster, i can no > longer access mail via owa. I know this is probably a pretty simple > situation for most of you, but I'm not sure what to do to get my owa > access back up. Thanks! Shannon What happens when you try? soneill wrote: ...

How to Read/Write vsd uses Delphi?
I wana read/write vsd file by Borland Delphi. anyideas? Miles Guo What version of Delphi? Surely you can use the ActiveX control to access the vsd and its objects. Randall Arnold "miles guo" <milesg@china.com> wrote in message news:%23f4tOnqHEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I wana read/write vsd file by Borland Delphi. > anyideas? > > Miles Guo > > On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:13:29 +0800, "miles guo" <milesg@china.com> wrote: >I wana read/write vsd file by Borland Delphi. >anyideas? http://www.diagramantics.com -- Regards,...

Sum multiple fields on a form using access 2007
I have created a form but have 4 fields on that form that i would like to sum and store the total in another field created on the structure. What is the VB code to do that? Summing multiple fields on a form <Summing multiple fields on a form@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a form but have 4 fields on that form that i would like to sum >and store the total in another field created on the structure. What is the >VB code to do that? You should not need any code. Just add a text box in the form's header or footer sectio and use expression...

Use Word 2007 to edit Outlook 2003?
I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would like to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's Tools/Options/Mail Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option for Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003. Is there a way to use Word as my email editor? Thanks, tfall No. Version must match. It has been ever thus. -- Russ Valentine "tfall" <tfall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58F9CAE-086B-4B7...

How to automatically move pointer or curser using MS speak/text
I am using the MS speak/text function. I have pasted the article into Word. I would like to the pointer or curser to automatically move as it is reading the article to me. Is there a way to do this? Thank You! PS: I am not a doctor or rocket scientist. ...

OWA cannot delete items
Hey all, When I try to delete an item from OWA (e-mail, calendar event, contact) I receive the message "Some items could not be deleted, either the item doesn't exists, has been moved or access has been denied". Oddly, this only occurs when users outside the firewall are accessing OWA, but internal users are fine. Exchange 2k3 on Windows 2k. I am running XPPro sp1a. ...

Use CPalette in CtlColor #2
hi, I want to change the Backgroundcolor in a ComboBox like HBRUSH CNxDbComboBox::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { pDC->SetBkColor(RGB(255,174,94)); return blablabla... } ok, so far so good. But on Terminal-Server it won't show me the Color because of limited Colors in the Palette. So how can I use CPalette to solve this. I created a Palette and called pDC->RealizePalette(), but it didn't work out. A problem seems to me, that I need a CPaintDC, but I have a CDC!? Someone has a Idea? Thanks in advance Daniel ...

using Outlook on different computers
I am using Outlook 2003 at home. It is also on the two computers I use at work. Is there a quick, easy way of synching all three so when I log on and open Outlook, I have the same emails in the same folders, and don't have to worry about an email I did at home that is not available to me at work? I have looked at some of the help online but am not sure if I fully understand what would be the easiest way of synching. TIA. All depends on the mail account type that you are using. In your case an Exchange, IMAP or HTTP account might be useful. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] ...

Delegates Tab Causes Outlook Freeze
Hello, I have a user with a problem that is baffling me. When he clicks on the Delegates tab in the Outlook 2002 (SP2) options screen, Outlook goes into a non-responsive state...and stays there indefinitely. The app must be forcibly shut down. We have tried the following: > Full re-install of Outlook > Replacing the DLGSETP.DLL and DLGSETP.ECF files > Disable and re-enable the Delegate Access Extension > Re-creating the MAPI profile The problem does not appear to be related to the mailbox as we can view the user's delegates from another device. Can anyone venture a g...

Save sheet copy with cell value name using a macro.
Good afternoon All, I need a VB statement to save a copy of the sheet i'm using (same were the macro is executed) with a cell value (EG cell "B2") of the workbook I'm using into a predefined path (EG "C:\"). If anybody can help me with this I'll be very glad. Leo. You want to save a sheet as a workbook with a name of the value in Range("B2") of the sheet? Sub Make_New_Book() Dim w As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveSheet.Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\...

Mime type used to send attachments
Is there a way to tell outlook which mime type to use when sending attachments. I'm trying to receive email from an outlook client that sends .pdf and .mdb files with the application\octet stream mime type which is blocked by my firewall. Can we use outlook/exchagne to override that setting? ...

Using SaveAs
Hi, I use a SaveAs feature for a report. there are 4 sheets in this work book in total. The last 2 pages are summary sheets from the previous year. If i use the following formula it changes the previous months data as I have changed it in the Worksheet. =Summary!C11 For Report March =Summary!C11 For Report April What would i enter to keep each cell using the data from the correct months workbook. I use SaveAs the previous month and change the current data for the current month. Mar-10 2 1 50% $0 0 Apr-10 2 1 50% $0 0 I hope this explains what I am after. ...

transpose using formula
Hi I have a column (A1:A100) with numbers and strings. Is there any way to copy (using formula not copy from menu) these data across a row (lets say F9:DA9) ? Thank you. See TRANSPOSE function in help. Select F9:DA9 In F9 enter = TRANSPOSE(A1:A100) Note you will use CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER as this is an array function. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:14:04 -0700, nikos <nikos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I have a column (A1:A100) with numbers and strings. Is there any way to copy >(using formula not copy from menu) these data across a row (let...

Choose record info using ComboBox
I have tblProjects (Key = ProjectID) I made a form (record source = tblPtojects) containing all the fields form tblProjects I want the user to pick a project using a combobox, and have the other fields updated with the project's info, instead of navigating through projects using the form buttons. Currently, when I select a project in the combo, nothing happens. What do I need? Antonio. "AntonioMachado" <u35762@uwe> wrote in message news:7507769e3a4da@uwe... >I have tblProjects (Key = ProjectID) > > I made a form (record source = tblPtojects) containing all...

How to know the size of my structures/ammount of heap in use?
How would one go about summing up the memmory custom tree structures occupies in memmory? Example: struct node { struct node *parent; unsigned int nChildCount; CString folder; }; node* pNode = new node; Using the sizeof() operator is not an option since I can calculate the ammount of space pointers and ints occupy - but not the CString objects! Is there any API or MFC wrapper I could utilize to provide a metric for the ammount of allocated heap my structures occupy? Its rather hard to optimize performance/mem-use without an indicator of how much hea...

Ghost Delegates
I have a user who had delegates set in his Outlook - however the delegate's account has been deleted and no longer shows up in his Outlook. A new user has been created with the same mailbox name as the deleted delegate and is now getting the delegate calendar messages. How can I clear out this phantom rule? Thanks, Crista Exchange '03 sp2 Outlook '03 sp1 you might want to try running Outlook with the /cleanrules switch on that person's mailbox that used to have access to the calendar...make sure all other rules are noted, for recreation, if needed...then re-grant any n...

Use fields in table as part of hyperlink
Hello, I want to include a hyperlink in a report based off of two fields in a table. Essentially I want to dynamically build the URL such as: http://www.abc.com/group/[TABLE1].[FIELD1]&[TABLE1].[FIELD2]/post.php I've searched high and low and can not find this capability in Access. Thanks for any help on this! -Chris That should work. You may want to add the # around the actual address, i.e. use: http://www.abc.com/group/[TABLE1].[FIELD1]&[TABLE1].[FIELD2]/post.php#http://www.abc.com/group/[TABLE1].[FIELD1]&[TABLE1].[FIELD2]/post.php# -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP....

Updating multiple tables using a query driven Form
I have three tables - Staff table - Questions table and a Score table the relationships are Staff to Questions 1 to many; Questions to Score 1 to many when I run the query it does show the junk data I added, When I bring up the Form, it shows the all fields correctly but it will not allow me to add records or update the junk record I added. I want the Score table to be updated/added and to just display the questions and Employee information. Where am I going wrong? Hi Bunky, Many times queries are not updateable - you can't add records to them. In your case, with one-to-many rela...

Help with Formula using Analysis ToolPack Function ISODD
Hi, Is this feasible using the Analysis ToolPack function ISODD - Can I avoid using individual column/cell references to count th instances of ODD numbers: I have a Dynamic named Range called ROOM that spans 9 columns (and many rows) with an OFFSET of 1 for a colum heading. The Define Name Refers To Box for ROOMS is: =OFFSET(LOCATION!$C$18,1,0,COUNTA(LOCATION!$C:$K),9) Rather than using individual cell references , can I use this Dynami Named Range ROOMS to find the total count of Odd numbers within eac row of 9 columns - can this be done? Thanks Tin -- Tin ----------------------------...

Why can't I use the sum function on the table I exported to Excel?
I exported a table that I created in Access 2000 to Excel 2000 and tried highlighting a column and pushing the "sum" button but instead of giving me the sum of the numbers in the column on the empty cell at the bottom, it just gives a formula at the top of the highlighted column and no answer. I don't care if I use Excel or not; what I want to do is get averages of a bunch of different sets of numbers in my table. I am a novice at Access and Excel. I can do a query for the different sets I want in Access, or I can select and cut and paste them in Excel. I am stuck at how ...

Bullet doesn't move to sub bullet when Tab is used Word 2007
I have a user to want to create a sub bullet. After she starts bulleting, she moves to a new line, gets the next bullet, and hits Tab. The bullet should become a sub bullet, if you will, but that's not happening. Only the cursor moves to the tab location; the bullet stays where it is. Does anyone have an answer to this? Thank you. Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type: "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA ...

my hard disk shows its using PIO not DMA
Hi i have wondows XP sp3 AMD dual my BIOS shows DMA is supported ( its set to DMA auto) but when i look in the hardware configuration is says DMA when available , but PIO is used. how do i get it to use DMA access for the disk ? thanks Check out this post. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/147161-45-forcing-mode-primary-hard-drive "MushroomNZ" <truth2@nospam.net> wrote in message news:dck3i5dupg0d4ra20o101ml5pdgk3ole19@4ax.com... > Hi > i have wondows XP sp3 > AMD dual > > my BIOS shows DMA is supported ( its set to DMA auto) b...