Delegates to view Sent Items

Hi,

I want to enable delegates to be able to view Sent Items and Deleted Items 
of a user.  Is there a straight forward way of doing this?

 The only solution that I can see is the give the delegate permissions to 
the the user and setup an additional profile in outlook for the delegate, 
which is quite messy and difficult for the delegate to use.

Thanks for any help.

Steve 


0
9/10/2004 9:37:34 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
477 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 50

Right-click on the properties of the Sent Items and Deleted Items folders 
and choose Permissions.  Add those people you want to be able to view these 
folders.  Instruct those users to view the Sent or Deleted Items folders in 
Outlook by choosing File-Open-Other Users Folder.  Further instruct them to 
then choose the user they have permissions to view those folders on and then 
choose either the Sent or Deleted Items folder.  You will not be able to add 
the mailbox as an additional mailbox (or separate profile) because they do 
not have rights to display the entire mailbox.  If you want them to be able 
to set up an additional profile or add this mailbox as an additional 
mailbox, you would have to grant rights to the entire mailbox.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP


"Steve Lloyd" <RemoveSteveThis@laxeyRemovepartners.com> wrote in message 
news:OlHI4lxlEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I want to enable delegates to be able to view Sent Items and Deleted Items 
> of a user.  Is there a straight forward way of doing this?
>
> The only solution that I can see is the give the delegate permissions to 
> the the user and setup an additional profile in outlook for the delegate, 
> which is quite messy and difficult for the delegate to use.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Steve
> 


0
Ben
9/10/2004 3:55:20 PM
Hi Ben,

I tried this but when you go to File > Open > Other users folder it displays 
a list of predefined folder types (Inbox, Contacts, calendar, journal, notes 
and tasks)  and doesn't display sent and deleted items.

am i missing something ?

thanks again

Steve


"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote 
in message news:%23mydU60lEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Right-click on the properties of the Sent Items and Deleted Items folders 
> and choose Permissions.  Add those people you want to be able to view 
> these folders.  Instruct those users to view the Sent or Deleted Items 
> folders in Outlook by choosing File-Open-Other Users Folder.  Further 
> instruct them to then choose the user they have permissions to view those 
> folders on and then choose either the Sent or Deleted Items folder.  You 
> will not be able to add the mailbox as an additional mailbox (or separate 
> profile) because they do not have rights to display the entire mailbox. 
> If you want them to be able to set up an additional profile or add this 
> mailbox as an additional mailbox, you would have to grant rights to the 
> entire mailbox.
>
> -- 
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>
>
> "Steve Lloyd" <RemoveSteveThis@laxeyRemovepartners.com> wrote in message 
> news:OlHI4lxlEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to enable delegates to be able to view Sent Items and Deleted 
>> Items of a user.  Is there a straight forward way of doing this?
>>
>> The only solution that I can see is the give the delegate permissions to 
>> the the user and setup an additional profile in outlook for the delegate, 
>> which is quite messy and difficult for the delegate to use.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>
> 


0
9/14/2004 11:15:17 AM
From Slipstick.com (great resource for all things Outlook related)

To allow access to a shared folder that isn't one of the folders listed on 
the File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner needs to 
grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as appropriate 
permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes into Tools | 
Services (or Tools | E-mail Accounts in Outlook 2002) , brings up the 
properties for the Exchange Server service, and on the Advanced tab, adds 
the mailbox. After that, the user will see in the folder list all those 
folders in the secondary mailbox to which he/she has access and can add any 
of those folders to the Outlook Bar.


-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP


"Steve Lloyd" <RemoveSteveThis@laxeyRemovepartners.com> wrote in message 
news:OtWKFvkmEHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi Ben,
>
> I tried this but when you go to File > Open > Other users folder it 
> displays a list of predefined folder types (Inbox, Contacts, calendar, 
> journal, notes and tasks)  and doesn't display sent and deleted items.
>
> am i missing something ?
>
> thanks again
>
> Steve
>
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote 
> in message news:%23mydU60lEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Right-click on the properties of the Sent Items and Deleted Items folders 
>> and choose Permissions.  Add those people you want to be able to view 
>> these folders.  Instruct those users to view the Sent or Deleted Items 
>> folders in Outlook by choosing File-Open-Other Users Folder.  Further 
>> instruct them to then choose the user they have permissions to view those 
>> folders on and then choose either the Sent or Deleted Items folder.  You 
>> will not be able to add the mailbox as an additional mailbox (or separate 
>> profile) because they do not have rights to display the entire mailbox. 
>> If you want them to be able to set up an additional profile or add this 
>> mailbox as an additional mailbox, you would have to grant rights to the 
>> entire mailbox.
>>
>> -- 
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>>
>>
>> "Steve Lloyd" <RemoveSteveThis@laxeyRemovepartners.com> wrote in message 
>> news:OlHI4lxlEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to enable delegates to be able to view Sent Items and Deleted 
>>> Items of a user.  Is there a straight forward way of doing this?
>>>
>>> The only solution that I can see is the give the delegate permissions to 
>>> the the user and setup an additional profile in outlook for the 
>>> delegate, which is quite messy and difficult for the delegate to use.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Ben
9/14/2004 1:39:23 PM
That is perfect,

Thanks very much Ben,  have made a note of slipstick.. thanks again... Steve


"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote 
in message news:%232V8$AmmEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> From Slipstick.com (great resource for all things Outlook related)
>
> To allow access to a shared folder that isn't one of the folders listed on 
> the File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner needs to 
> grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as 
> appropriate permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes 
> into Tools | Services (or Tools | E-mail Accounts in Outlook 2002) , 
> brings up the properties for the Exchange Server service, and on the 
> Advanced tab, adds the mailbox. After that, the user will see in the 
> folder list all those folders in the secondary mailbox to which he/she has 
> access and can add any of those folders to the Outlook Bar.
>
>
> -- 
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>
>
> "Steve Lloyd" <RemoveSteveThis@laxeyRemovepartners.com> wrote in message 
> news:OtWKFvkmEHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> I tried this but when you go to File > Open > Other users folder it 
>> displays a list of predefined folder types (Inbox, Contacts, calendar, 
>> journal, notes and tasks)  and doesn't display sent and deleted items.
>>
>> am i missing something ?
>>
>> thanks again
>>
>> Steve
>>
>>
>> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> 
>> wrote in message news:%23mydU60lEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> Right-click on the properties of the Sent Items and Deleted Items 
>>> folders and choose Permissions.  Add those people you want to be able to 
>>> view these folders.  Instruct those users to view the Sent or Deleted 
>>> Items folders in Outlook by choosing File-Open-Other Users Folder. 
>>> Further instruct them to then choose the user they have permissions to 
>>> view those folders on and then choose either the Sent or Deleted Items 
>>> folder.  You will not be able to add the mailbox as an additional 
>>> mailbox (or separate profile) because they do not have rights to display 
>>> the entire mailbox. If you want them to be able to set up an additional 
>>> profile or add this mailbox as an additional mailbox, you would have to 
>>> grant rights to the entire mailbox.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Ben Winzenz
>>> Exchange MVP
>>>
>>>
>>> "Steve Lloyd" <RemoveSteveThis@laxeyRemovepartners.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:OlHI4lxlEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I want to enable delegates to be able to view Sent Items and Deleted 
>>>> Items of a user.  Is there a straight forward way of doing this?
>>>>
>>>> The only solution that I can see is the give the delegate permissions 
>>>> to the the user and setup an additional profile in outlook for the 
>>>> delegate, which is quite messy and difficult for the delegate to use.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>>
>>>> Steve
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
9/14/2004 4:28:07 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Delegate cannot accept meeting requests
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We have an assistant who is set up as a delegate for several calendar accounts. All of the rights are set up the same. For one of the calendars she cannot accept, the choices are grayed out and it says on the bar below...you need to be set up as a delegate. I double-checked and the person is listed in the list of delegates. All the other shared calendars are working fine. Has anyone else experienced this? I've got a user in the same boat. The delegation was working fine, but I had to re...

set default reading pane view
I have outlook 2003, exchange2003 sp1 with about 50 folders, I would like to turn off reading pane for all. I know there is a way, just cant find it in the labyrinth of the outlook controls. TIA Craig Start Outlook with the /nopreview switch. Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft Outlook FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/outlook.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "MSnews" <craig@nospam.milwauke...

Outlook 2003
First the broad question then the specific one. Thanks to all for an help anyone might have. I'm trying to understand the finer points of advanced filters whe defining my own custom views for contact information, and I am havin trouble understanding the syntax for the 'values' of the advance filter. Does anyone know of a good web dictionary or other resourc for this? And now the specific question. We have a membership structure an membership will be expiring within 60 days. How do I create a advanced filter to report which agencies will be expiring in 60 days? I created a fi...

How to disable the usage of "Permanently Deleting Items"
Hello, I want to disable the usage of "Permanently Deleting Items" for every user. Is there a way to disable this on the Exchange server or with Outlook. Every object must go into the folder deleted items. This setup shall help for better recovery support. Thanks Frank ...

Emails sent from users that have been deleted???
I thought we closed the open relay on our exchange server 2000 but we still get system administrator undeliverable messages on a regular basis. They will send us spam using old accounts that have been deleted and sometimes they will actually send them from active users so it looks like an employee is sending us spam. Can someone please help me stop this spoofing before I take a baseball bat to my exchange server? We also get about 100 - 200 spam emails daily on some accounts so how can I stop this do I have to upgrade to exchange 2003? Are you talking about backscatter? You're...

Delegates and Deleted / Disabled Accounts
Greetings, I have a situation where a user has Delegates listed in Outlook, but when I look at the PublicDelegates attribute for the same user in AD there are none. One of the delegate accounts has been deleted from AD, the other account is disabled and is no longer mail enabled. Is there another attribute in AD which I should be looking at which accurately reflects which users have Delegate access to the mailbox. The problem resulting from all this is that when a meeting request is sent to such a user the sender gets back NDRs from each of the zombie delegates. Now I could just lo...

Subform view
Hi all, I have one subform in a main form which is working fine with the exception of how it looks whenever I open the main form. Whenever I open my main form, the view of the subform is always in the middle of the form. I need to scroll up to see the top of my subform. The subform does contain a lot of fields so I understand my users will need to use scroll bars. But is there anyway to start the view at the top of the subform? It is highly annoying to have to scroll up every time the record changes in order to start at the top of the subform. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank...

why is undeliverable Mail sent repeatidly
I'm having difficulty with E-mails continually being resent when the recievers user account is over quota. Is their any way to set outlook up so it only sends once and advises that the message was undelverable. Happens with large attachments Any help will be great it's driving my friends nuts. Many thanks Bill C Bill C <Bill C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm having difficulty with E-mails continually being resent when the > recievers user account is over quota. Is their any way to set outlook > up so it only sends once and advises that the message was...

Keep track of items in the "For Follow Up" folder in the Mail wind
Does anyone know if there is a setting for the "For Follow Up" folder in Outlook's Mail window, so that when [a] I delete an item from that window, or [b] click in the column on the right (to indicate that the item has been completed?? and that it should disappear from the window??) . . . there would be some way of keeping track of what I did (e.g., deleting the item or indicating that it was done, and when I deleted it, or indicated that it was completed)? In other words, I'd like to have a sort of database that keeps track of what I did with those items. Any...

Propagate views for a folder?
Hi, I'm interested in customizing a view for a public folder, and then having it be the default view for everyone who views that folder. Is this possible? Or does everyone have to set up this view manually? Thanks, Sean In news:1159366480.140686.158360@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, sean.gilbertson@gmail.com <sean.gilbertson@gmail.com> typed: > Hi, > > I'm interested in customizing a view for a public folder, and then > having it be the default view for everyone who views that folder. Is > this possible? Or does everyone have to set up this view manually? &g...

Finding Value of the First Item in a List Box
I need to know the value of the first (OR ONLY) listed item (the value of the first column) in a List Box. My ListBox is named ListOfPeople. "LA Lawyer" <LA Lawyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB3AAD6-913E-4C9A-9E6F-995C97A61512@microsoft.com... >I need to know the value of the first (OR ONLY) listed item (the value of >the > first column) in a List Box. "The first column", or the first row? From what you said, I'm guessing that you mean the first row. > My ListBox is named ListOfPeople. Here's example ...

Inactive Items 09-14-10
Hi, Does anyone know why Items would show as Inactive at the Store level even though they are NOT inactive in HQ? We had decided to set several Items to inacative at the beginning of the year based on criteria "not sold since dec 31, 2008". We then decided in the Spring to reset ALL items that were previously set to Inactive to Active. This was done at HQ level and pushed to the stores via WS 250. We didn't realize until recently that there are still several items showing as Inactive at each of the stores (and the items at each store are actually different). ...

Create a "View" for Accounts that displays Primary Contact's email
Hi, Today I created a new Account View for one of our business units. The view displays a listing of the particular type of Account that the business unit serves. When I asked the business unit if that View helped them, I got a reply saying that the column for Account Email was good but they preferred a column for the Primary Contact's Email. It seems that out-of-the-box, I can't use the web front end to include a column for the Primary Contact's Email. I can (& I have) include a column for the Primary Contact which displays the Contact's name. Of course, unlike t...

A way to set up an email to be sent automatically each week
Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to set up an email to be sent automatically each week? I wasn't sure if there was a way to set up a recurring email, weekly? Thanks for your time. "rrupp" <rrupp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D41DADE-11F9-41BB-962C-3452959F3135@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to set up an email to be sent automatically > each week? I wasn't sure if there was a way to set up a recurring email, > weekly? > > Thanks for your time. > Not without code. Please try our email sche...

Sortng Custom Views
I have been saving filtered criteria using 'custom views', icon on th toolbar, however, as this list grows, I would like to sort the assigne names in alphabetical order within the custom views box. Is this possible? Ton -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Like other dropdown lists in Excel, you can't modify the contents of the Custom Views list. Instead of using the Custom View list, you could move the Custom Views command to one of your toolbars. Then, click on it to open the Custom Views dialog box, where the views are listed alphabetically -- Choose Too...

Printing full details in Month view?
How can I print the full subjects of appointments in Month view in Calendar? (Outlook 2007 running under Vista, fully patched). They are truncated to one line onscreen and in the printed version. My other machine has Outlook 2003 under Vista Home Premium and it truncates subjects onscreen but prints out the full subject line in month view, on the same kind of printer. I'm tearing my hair out but can't find how to fix the first system. TIA Randomiser;117641 Wrote: > How can I print the full subjects of appointments in Month view in > Calendar? > (Outl...

Exchange Groupshield Detected Items Problem
I've called McAfee on this problem and they said it was an exchange problem. In Groupshield I see items in the detected items list with a detected date of today, but when I look at the information icon it indicates it is a message from say 2 months ago. I've used the exchange utilities to perform an offline defrag and repair. Any help would be appreciated. Robin On Fri, 27 May 2005 09:12:03 -0700, "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've called McAfee on this problem and they said it was an exchange problem. > >In Groupshield I see it...

portfolio.custom attribute.view in aspx."attribute not found"
I created custom attributes. I want to modify the "project.aspx" template to have them available for my users as in a display in the documentation. I made formatting changes to the "project.aspx" file, including adding the new custom attributes. When the "project.aspx" is dispayed, these custom fields say "attribute not found". Help? Chas On Dec 14, 3:50=A0pm, Chas Roberts <ChasRobe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created customattributes. =A0I want to modify the "project.aspx" templa= te to > have th...

Change Item properties "Detail Line 1" to text like "Color" or "Si
In the Item properties window of POS 2.0, fields such as "Detail Line 1", "Detail Line 2" and "Detail Line 3" cannot be changed to some other text like "Color", "Size" or "Material" etc. By providing such ability would help customers not to remember what goes in which field thus eleminating errors while entering an item. I have learned that it can be done in RMS 2.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &q...

Tracking sent messages
I have the newest version of Outlook. I have 'read receipt' chosen for all of my sent emails & I have a 'rule' to automatically put emails with "read:" in my deleted folder. This is so I don't get my inbox full of those. I used to be able to open up my sent messages and on the "Message Tab" (right by Reply, Reply to All, Forward) there used to be a tracking button. I used this a lot! My computer was recently updated & this is now missing. I have tried everything I know to get it back--hoping someone can help me. Thanks! Are y...

Send email from excel to notes
Hi, I am sending email from excel to notes using below code. Dim LotusNotesSession As Object Dim LotusNotesMailFile As Object Dim LotusNotesDocument As Object Dim LotusNotesField As Object strshdrivepath = Range("c33").Value If Right(strshdrivepath, 1) <> "\" Then strshdrivepath = strshdrivepath & "\" End If Dim vaRecipient As Variant vaRecipient = Sheets("RawData").Range("c6:c30").Value strDate = Format(Now(), "mm/dd/yy") strmsg = "Daily A...

Form View
Hi All, I have created a form with a subform in it, the subform is in datasheet view, is it possible to have the subform show the last record / new record area instead of having to scroll down to find the last record or to insert the next new record, hope this makes sense. Thanks Here is a link to 2 sample databases showing how to have the new record appearing at the top of the form. http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/topic374.html To show the most recent record, base the form on a query. In the query, under the date column, put Descending on the Sort row. Jeanette...

Extra field for Items
Does anyone have an addin for extra user defined fields for items? -- Anthony Anthony, We could easily deliver this to you but we do not have anything pre-made. If you are interested please contact us at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "Anthony Novielli" <AnthonyNovielli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CE74F3-5716-4520-9883-6D07C7670143@microsoft.com... > D...

Count items
Hi, is there a way to display how much objects are in a folder behind the menuitem? An Example: There are 10 Activities associated to an account. Now I want to display these in the left Menu like "Activities (10)" or "Contacts (2)" In Outlook it shows the unread objects in a way I want to. Hope this is possible!! Not without developing your own presentation tier. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Torti" <t.malkmus@itnovum.de> wrote in message news:1146748297.804981.235920@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... Hi, is there a way to display how much o...

Tax on Discounted Items (RMS)
Hello, Is there a way to apply a 100% discount to an item yet still charge the tax? Any help would be wonderful! Thank you, Julie Tax wouldn't be charged on an item discounted 100%. Since the tax is a % of the sale amount, and the sale amount is $0, then there is no tax. Craig "Julie Sharpe" <JulieSharpe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF3F98B-921A-45DB-A2C2-F7010567FDC9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way to apply a 100% discount to an item yet still charge the > tax? > Any help would be wonderful! > > Thank you, >...