Delegates cannot add contacts?

I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared
across the company.  Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for
specific delegation.  I've delegated management of the OU to a
specific contract manager.

My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except
an Exchange admin can create new contacts.

Ideas/suggestions?

I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate
systems.

TIA,
Mike

Mike

Is the problem that you have delegated permissions within AD and are no
experiencing problems?

Nue
"Mike" <newsgroups@manconinc.com> wrote in message
> I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared
> across the company.  Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for
> specific delegation.  I've delegated management of the OU to a
> specific contract manager.
>
> My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except
> an Exchange admin can create new contacts.
>
> Ideas/suggestions?
>
> I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate
> systems.
>
> TIA,
> Mike

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/18/2006 6:03:16 PM
My apologies, my problem is that I need for the delegate to be able to
create contacts.  I'm looking for ways to accomplish this goal.

Thanks.

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:03:16 -0500, Nuevo wrote:

> Mike
>
> Is the problem that you have delegated permissions within AD and are no
> experiencing problems?
>
> Nue
> "Mike" <newsgroups@manconinc.com> wrote in message
>> I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared
>> across the company.  Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for
>> specific delegation.  I've delegated management of the OU to a
>> specific contract manager.
>>
>> My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except
>> an Exchange admin can create new contacts.
>>
>> Ideas/suggestions?
>>
>> I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate
>> systems.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Mike

Picture with your Contacts
Is it possible to add pictures to a contact. When I use Windows Explorer to view a contact I can see the picture that I associated with that contact but when I'm in Windows Live Mail I can't. If it makes a difference I also use Windows 7. Don Hello Don, WLM's contacts are stored in a database and not viewable in Windows Explorer(only in WLM and WLMsgr). The contacts one sees in Windows 7 should be the contacts migrated(for backward compatibility) from an earlier o/s(upgrade from Vista) or copied or imported to that Contact folder. The current version of WLM a...

Outlook 2003 and mail to contacts....
Hi U all! Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to set which format a mail sent to a spesific contact should have? Some contacts accepts HTML mail, and others don't -- Regards Zadig Galbaras A Perturbed Norwegian Agnistic Can't you right click on the contact and select Outlook Properties and select the format from there? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Zadig Galbaras aske...

Can't get at Contacts
Due to a hardware problem I have reloaded windows XP and office XP. After installing Office XP inculding Outlook I copied over my backup .pst file. Now I can see my Contacts folder but cannot use it in E-Mail: message "The Address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with his list could not be opened: it may have been moved, deleted or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book see help." This is mysterious as I can see the contacts, add new ones, delete etc. I have had problems in the past usin...

Retrieve sent messages using "tasks" in the contact prop.
Hi to all, we have a mail system based on Microsoft Exchange 2003 (server side) and Outlook 2003 (client side) with a public contacts folder, plus a public mail folder. Users usually send emails to contacs they find in this public contacts folder. My problem is the following: I must be able to retrieve all the messages sent and received to public contacts (included those stored in the personal mailbox of the users that send the message). I've tryied to do this by using the "tasks" tab on the public contact, but it only shows the mail that are in a public mail folder. I've ...

Security, automation events and add-ons
Hi, Visio 2003/XP Pro SP2 I'm using the automation in the timeline so I can slide the milestones back and forth and the dates change automatically. But, I have this problem on two computers where if I lower my security to high and disable 'enable automation events' in options > security, when I start Visio, it tries to run/install all the add-ins I have, which is about 30 (and I don't know where they all came from; only a few) - everytime I start Visio. This is no good. If I increase the security to high, then the automation doesn't work. Does anyone know how I can...

Remove Ability to Create Contacts
We have a third-party plugin tool (which links with our CRM) for Outlook 2003 which has its own "Create New Contact" wizard we want people to use instead of creating a new contact with Outlook. The question is, how do we remove their ability to create a new contact using Outlook's default contact creation screen? It would be nice if we could remove the button(s) used for creating a new contact, but the problem is the multi-function button on the left-hand side of the toolbar - when you're on the contact screen it become a Create New Contact button. But removing the entire ...

How do I add Yahoo email to Outlook
I have the free version of the Yahoo email account. How do I put it in Outlook like my hotmail account. -- Jeff Mu�iz Work is victory. - Ralph Waldo Emerson You have to subscribe to Yahoo! Plus mail servce. Then it will give you a POP3 access, which you can add to your outlook. Regards Saurabh "Jeff Mu�iz" <jmuniz6@cox.net> wrote in message news:neVKd.22270$B95.5224@lakeread02... >I have the free version of the Yahoo email account. How do I put it in >Outlook like my hotmail account. > > -- > Jeff Mu�iz > > Work is victory. - Ralph Waldo Emers...

html in Contact \ Notes possible?
I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes field of a Contact. It looked exactly the same until I saved it and returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or simple plain text?). Is it possible for me to paste html material into Notes and have it stick? Thanks, DH It's supported in Outlook 2007. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- &...

Email address from Outlook Contacts
I have a worksheet that contains the names of contacts. Most are identical to contacts in my Outlook XP standard Contacts folder. I would like to be able to enter a new contact in Excel and have the email address from Outlook email address 1 appear in another Excel column. As I already have many contacts in Excel I'd also like to be able to go through all the existing contacts and have their email addresses appear. Is it possible to do this and if so how please? Many thanks for any insights you have. Kevin Lucas Hi Kevin, The usual thing to do would be to Export your Outlook addres...

How to add button for macro in Fluent UI?
I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the workbooks in my PC. I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be available for all the work books. How to add a custom button? If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an addin) or http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm Yajiv wrote: > > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the > workbooks in my PC. &...

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...

Add-ins and #NAME errors
I have an Excel spreadsheet that was saved with a series of add-in function calls. The add-in wasn't loaded at the time, and the UDF cells contained #NAME errors. When I opened the sheet on a machine that did contain the relevant add-in, I expected that hitting F9, Shift+F9 or at the very most Ctrl+Alt+F9 would recalculate all the cells including the ones with the #NAMEs. However this was not the case. The only way I could fix this sheet was by using an F2+Enter combination on the broken #NAME cells. Since the range was relatively large, I used a VBA macro with SendKeys. ...

Add GAL to each users Contact list in Outlook 2003
How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. Why not use Offline Address Books? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- <smd321@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131638724.170775.275980@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. > In news:1131638724.170775.275980@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, smd321@gmail.com <smd321@gmail.com> typed: > How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. The GAL is not Outlook ...

add contacts Into Oulook 2007 from backup files Re; Windows Mail
My old laptop, (Vista) using Windows Mail (not Live Mail) crashed. I have a back up copy of all my contact addresses on an external hard drive and need to add all these into Outlook 2007., They were backed up as "contact file", and because I have over 1000 it is a huge process to add them individually ("adding as a Contact "into my personal contact folder on new laptop running Windows 7, using Outlook 2007) Please help in giving steps to add all this info without having to recreate files.. thank you "Sheryl" <Sheryl@discussions.microsoft....

List all the address book contacts in outlook
Hi all, I need to retrieve all the contacts that are in my address book in outlook in order to look for particular emails, looking around I just found this script quite useful but it is not exactly what I'm looking for. In fact I need to search all my conctacts in the address book.... $outlook = New-Object -ComObject "outlook.application" $c = $outlook.getnamespace("mapi").getdefaultfolder(10) foreach($tt in $c.items) { echo($tt.account + " - " + $tt.fullname) } Thanks, Mattia i dont know the answer off hand, but i see that the 10 sent to getd...

Add-in or Reference
I've created a customized LinkedTableManager which allows me to perform most of the LTM functions, within my environment, while using DSN-less connections. I've developed this to be an add-in (or at least I thought I had), but I'm having difficulty with the USysRegInfo table and getting it to actually register as an add-in. I currently have added the mda file as a reference in my main application, and that seems to be working fine. What are the pros and cons of these two methods? Dale -- email address is invalid Please reply to newsgroup only. ...

Business Contact Manager installation prbs
I am trying to install Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 bu when I install the program, the menu at the top of the page is no coming up. It is in the Add/Remove Programs area and it is enabled. Any other ideas -- fleetfeet4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fleetfeet42's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=514 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=126332 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Try this: In Outlook, on the Help menu, click Configure Business Contact Manager, and follow the instructions....

Start all over but retain emails, folders, contacts, etc.
Hi- I recently transfered my pst file over to a new computer (both Outlook 2003) and now I believe I have some (major?) problems with the contacts folder and locations. Even though everything seems fine on the outside and I can still send emails fine, I get numerous errors telling me my address book cannot be located and I just recently discovered all my mailing lists fail to link the members to their contact files even though they are right there. I guess my main question is, can I somehow wipe outlook clean, and then just readd all the information (contacts, appointments, tasks, notes, ema...

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

After Add Record, Put Cursor in specific Text Box
Hi, I had the wizard set up a button to add record (it puts in the code below in the On Click property of the button). I'd then like to have the focus go to text box [ProjectType]. I don't know how to do that. TIA :) Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdAddRecord_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click End Sub Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False If ...

Lost all my outlook messages, calendar & contacts
I was not able to open outlook - received the error message - Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook which was resolved by uising the recommended solution of entering, outlook.exe /resetnavpane in the Search bar enter. I have now lost all messages received and all contacts and calendar items entered. Any idea how these can be restored? File > Open and browse to your PST file. The default name of the file is outlook.pst unless it has been purposely changed. "canadajack56" <canadajack56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89DA0506-5647-44F6-A2B...

custom filtering/migration of .msg file contact data to .vcf format
I need a way to filter and process incoming sales contact data (name, addres, phone, etc) within incoming .msg files (sample .msg message body below) and append directly to my Outlook Contacts file (.vcf output) for future use. I receive this info from web queries emailed to me, and I'm looking for a way to automatically process every message contact in a format below - the volume of email could be very large, so it needs to be automatically executed by an outlook rule (I can setup a rule to apply only to these emails, based on the subject text, which can be assumed to be unique). I'...

how do I add information from many worksheets to one main workshee
Hello, Without knowing how your data structure is setup, it's fairly difficult to know what you are dealing with and provide you with a specific answer. But you can use formulas to bring in data from other sheets ... =Sheet1!A1 =Sheet2!A2 =Sheet3!A3 ... etc. HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr "sillygurl" <sillygurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71FD774A-B1B6-42B0-AA3E-D5D18416E13F@microsoft.com... > With Links, In whatever cell in the main sheet you want to start listing the dat type =, then go to the first cell in the work...

Pressing Tab to add a new record at the end of one record in a for
Back in Access 97 and 2003, I noticed that when you reach the end of a record in a form and press tab, it used to take you to a new record. But, in Access 2007, it's not doing that. Please let me know what I need to check for to enable this function. There's a form property (Cycle) that affects how a <Tab> affects the screen. You can set it to (re-)cycle back through the fields of the record you're on, or move to the next record. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "briangw" <briangw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329198...

add-ins without install disc
My students need to install and use some of the standard Excel add-ins, but some cannot find the required install disc. Is there a way to do this without the install disc? carbon_noodle - The experience of my students has been limited to Solver and Analysis ToolPak, and , as I recall, you definitely need the Office/Excel installation CD. However, as I recall, you can use any Office/Excel CD, as long as it's for the identical version of Office/Excel that is currently installed on the hard drive. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com "carbon_noodle" <QuantumKinetics@gmail.com&...