Delay receiving email

Hi,

We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000.

I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from
two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even
longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching
our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our
gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am
not sure what else I should do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

0
Bdorry (1)

Emails undelivered
I have a Exchange 2003 and 5.5 servers at mt site presently. Some of our clients email arre being returned to them without any specific reason for the rejection. Could the 5.5 server(which is still handling the internet email) be causing this? Send a copy of the NDR for review. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Frank Toner" <ftoner@dewittstern.com> wrote in message news:1...

Domain Email Hijacked?
Hello All: I have an issue that is bugging the living daylights out of me. I started using 1and1 MS Hosting services for my domain. In the past three weeks I have been getting email that appears to be from my domain. I know for a fact that they are not because none of the email addresses really exist. To add fuel to the fire, these emails contain an attached virus in the form of a ..zip file. Typically the emails look to be from these addresses: service@mydomain.com admin@mydomain.com administrator@mydomain.com webmaster@mydomain.com support@mydomain.com info@mydomain.com mail@mydomain....

automatically add email address to contacts when replying mail in outlook 2003 #3
every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? - Thank you Mayur Mayur Patel <patelmb@vt.edu> wrote: > every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak > outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

HTML Emails
I am using Windows Live Mail. I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and this mail program is new to me. I send out HTML emails to a group of people. I used to be able to switch over to “Source Edit” in the Windows Vista mail program and just past my HTML source code into the email and it would work. Now I can not figure out how to copy and paste my HTML for it to work. Can anyone help? Erik You can use a signature or stationery file to add HTML code. Signatures only insert body code. Stationery inserts style and body code. Create a 'insert.htm' file. ...

Mysterious missing emails
This is strange: I have a user who complains that he doesn’t get all of his emails. At first, I tracked his the "missing" emails using message tracking and I saw that they where delivered to his message store. So I figured he had something configure that was deleting the messages or filtering them. He insists he has no rules that delete the messages. He is a remote user so I cant confirm his outlook config. To verify whether or not the message was hitting the store, I created a new message store to "journal" his email to a public filter, and saw every email he says...

Email from Yahoo
Is there a way to receive my email from my Yahoo account into my Outlook 2002? Any help is greatly appreciated Yes, you should be able to got to email account and add a pop-account. How: Within Outlook go to Tools and Email Accounts Click on Add New Email Account Choose POP You will need to know the specifics of the accounts. SMTP and POP address plus user name and password. Some notes: Suggest keeping the email on the server this will allow you to view it either in Outlook or Yahoo if you need to. Remember to that this will pull your email into the same location as your OUtlook...

How can I make my document into less mb for email
I have created a document that is 143 pages. It will not send in email. I need it to be a smaller megabite version to send. How can I do that? Create a PDF. Can't guarantee it will be really small, but it should be smaller than a Publisher file. There are free PDF conversion applications around. www.primopdf.com is mentioned here. If you have Publisher 2007 there is an Office PDF add-in. 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP htt...

Delete overnight emails
Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange to delete all emails whenever it passed midnight? I've tried to setup Policy, but it can only delete 1 day old email. NAT hi no sure if possible but you can schedule the smtp service to run from whatever hour to whatever hour. no smtp, no email probably simpler schedule a net stop smtpsvc and a net start smtpsvc that should work Pedro ------------------- "iamnats" <iamnats@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:A7EA83EB-02A2-4BE6-A92A-01ED12F1FA54@microsoft.com... > Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange t...

How to view email address for a cc address, from emails I receive
My old outlook express would show me the email addresses, but I can't figure out how to do it in Outlook. "Linda Mellin" <Linda Mellin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F06BF4BB-3A27-4326-9A2B-7B0E01903592@microsoft.com... > My old outlook express would show me the email addresses, but I can't figure > out how to do it in Outlook. Double-click on the entry in the Cc field to see the address. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Copying content of Email
Hi, I need to copy and paste the contence of an email to a text file (the email is 8701kb) but I get a message on the bottom of the OE page that i`m trying to copy saying "searching message for hyperlinks" and it takes ages before I can paste it. How can I turn this off Can't you just save the e-mail as a txt file? File | Save As. Change the file type from eml to txt at the bottom. You can then open and edit the txt file. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in mes...

monitor Email traffic
Not an Exchange expert so... Can someone describe a good way to monitor realtime Email traffic from an Exchange Server (XG2000 SP3). We want to confirm that we are not the source of a mass-mailing worm/virus attack. Thanks. - use an exchange-aware antivirus product and update signatures frequently (auto-check several times a day) - Monitoring the queues for unusual amount of mail, and monitoring the related smtp server counters for messages received and delivered per second, and also those for MAPI (MSExchangeIS Mailbox messages sent/rec) should provide a good indicator of unusual m...

email address listed in vcard
I create a vcard in outlook, but in the name field, I always get my email address. How can I get my name in that field? The email address also shows up in the email field. Outlook version? You're referring to a saved vCard .vcf file, right?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "contrain" <rlaughridge@gordonrees.com> wrote in m...

Looking For Email Program
I'm looking for a free or low cost program to send emails to all of of my customers at the same time, instead of one at a time. I run a home business and am looking for a good way to keep my customers informed via email...either with reminders or a monthly newsletter. Any suggestions? Thanks! Scott I thought you got a satisfactory answer in the XP General newsgroup that you multiposted to? Multiposting vs Crossposting: http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Scott" <...

I am having difficulties with emails w/my outlook
I can't recieve any emails. Your post is a little vague. Before I or others can help can you answer a few questions, please: Do you receive any errors? Have you received mail before with Outlook on this machine? What ISP are you using? "Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967F8800-F211-4542-A119-2AC2CC4B5B37@microsoft.com... >I can't recieve any emails. On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:17:03 -0700, Suzanne wrote: > I can't recieve any emails. Did you configure an email account for MS Outlook? Either a POP3 server, or an IMAP se...

Organize
I've used the Organize Wizard to sort emails from specific people into specific subfolders within the Inbox. Prior to discovering the Wizard I was manually specifying where an email I had received should go in the future. I think some of these attributes still remain on 1 or more addresses as when I receive an email from a specific person a copy goes to 3 different locations! 1 to the Inbox, one to a subfolder within Inbox (this is the correct one), and one to a subfolder within Sent Items (a mistake I had made earlier on). Can anyone explain how to remove attributes from all incoming em...

auto email if cell value changed
I'm using a workbook to schedule staff. Each month is a worksheet then I have some counts that are done. The days of the month are in the top row and the names of the staff in the first column. We've set up autorefresh on web pages so the schedule is always available but... people still don't notice shift changes. I want excel to generate an email to the person (we're running exchange too) if a cell value is changed. I was thinking of a couple of steps. 1. So they only get emails about the current month and the month ahead -- Have a cell at the top with YES/NO in i...

How do I open my own 'safe' attachments I have emailed through ou.
I have just purchased a new computer with new Outlook Express. But for some reason I can't open the word doc. attachments I have sent with my emails. An OE message comes up saying that access is denied because they are unsafe. They aren't unsafe - they are just simple word text docs. Help please! Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second option from the top concerning attachments. "LizJ" <LizJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5741CCF9-D1A8-429F-9315-EB3043C7CB45@microsoft.com... > I have just purchas...

Receivable Document Date
I noticed for a past transaction that a receivable was post dated while the posting date was the correct date. What is the best way to correct this? Can I do this through the database? Lynn, The best way to do this is to void the original transaction and re- enter it. This will provide a complete audit trail. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com What is your Posting Setup? Is it "Post To GL" or "Post Thru' GL"? In case of "Post To GL", it is possible as the posting of Receivable could be in a past date and t...

Receiving XML Documents
Hi, I'm setting up a service that receives a XML document, validates the document using a schema and then returns a simple result. I wanted to ask what the best way is of doing this, that is sending the xml document. So far I've come across 2 way's: 1. Create a webservice that accepts a XMLNode. 2. Use HttpWebRequest to send the document as a stream. The service would be written in .NET but the clients can be written in any programing language. Thanks, EG elguapo, Since interoperability is important in your case (your #2 requirement), it is not suggested that you send any d...

email failure!!
Can't send reply messages on craigslist. How do you normally send emails, via webmail? If so, who is your mail = service provider? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "Jojo" wrote in message = news:5EC1863E-59BF-4C68-85BB-0AA131965204@microsoft.com... Can't send reply messages on craigslist.=20 "Jojo" <Jojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC1863E-59BF-4C68-85BB-0AA131965204@microsoft.com... > Can't send reply messages on craigslist. ...

CAsyncSocket's Send and Receive
Hello, Is it possible that a client sends data to a server (both using CAsyncSocket) and that the server is receiving the message in parts (so multiple calls to OnReceive are needed to get the full message) ? "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message news:1188157359.004167.224900@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > Is it possible that a client sends data to a server (both using > CAsyncSocket) and that the server is receiving the message in parts > (so multiple calls to OnReceive are needed to get the full message) ? > Yes, that is normal for all...

Outlook Ex. won't open my emails.
When I double click a new or an old email, that email window pops up, but doesn't show anything. When I move my mouse cursor over the message body area, it's just an arrow with an hourglass. I've left it overnight thinking it's just taking a while, but to no avail. I tried this with emails that I was able to open a few days ago, and they won't open either. I have just updated my Norton Antivirus and the problem occured sometime after that. Would my AV have anything to do with this? Any help in this matter would be appreciated. -Mute Ask in an Outlook Express forum...

Outlook send and receive error message
In outlook when I press the sent and receive button, at the lower right hand corner, the the send/receive status appears, then the message is send/receive complete. On occation more here lately, I get a send/receive error message with the little yellow triangel. Error 0x800CCC0F. What is causing this to occur at random? What can I do to fix this problem? ...

adding a new user to email
okay so i have tried so many time to add my husband onto outlook email but for some reason it will not allow me to do so and it really is driving me mad! this is the steps i am taking... Does he have a separate account? Have you added this account from Control Panel->Mail Icon? What version of Outlook are you using? BTW - the steps you listed are going to elicit the same problem every time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. A...

How to archive Group email box
Our group has a group inbox and we have reached our limit. Is there a good way for us to store archived emails on SharePoint so the group can access them? Not sure if we have full permission on this group box because we can't set up any rules like we can on our personal email. Thanks, Cheryl Sure, just move the items to the SharePoint folder like you would do with your own emails. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real...