Delay in receiving mail to one domain

Using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 on our LAN.

In  the DMZ-zone is a SMTP-server (Windows 2003) that sends
mail to/from the internet and to/from Exchange server. MX-record
points to this SMPT-server. The SMTP-service has defined four remote
domains, dom1.no, dom2.no, dom3.no, dom4.no and one
local (default) domain dom.local

Sending mail out from us (all domains) goes immediately. Receiving mail to
three
domains (dom2-4) goes immediately. But to dom1.no the mails
are staying in the queue on the SMTP-server for some minutes and then are
sent to the Exchange-server. It looks like the mails to dom1.no are
processed batch-wise, all mails to this domain are queued up in the
SMTP-queue and at some time the disapear (sent to the Exchange-server).

Is this normal or are there some settings that could be done to make
the mails to dom1.no behave like dom2-4.

I have tried to restart the SMTP-service, SMTP-server, Exchange-server,
but with no result.

Regards,
Vlastimil

Mail size limit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an email with an attachment over 2GB, I can get an message unable to send due to file size exceeds limits. Is there a fix or ideal solution to increase the limit or to turn off size limitations? Unfortunately most mail hosting company's have a size limit no more then 50mb. This is considered a standard. <br><br>Recommend splitting the file into smaller .zip or .rar files or transferring your data directly to a server where people can access using FT...

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Domain Logonserver
Hi, how can i read the logondomainserver from the computer, not the user? "Phily" <Phily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8DBF412-DF29-44A2-BCBA-AF199447FADB@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > how can i read the logondomainserver from the computer, not the user? If you want the name of the Domain Controller that authenticated the computer, I think the only way would be to query all DC's in the domain for the value of the lastLogon attribute for the computer object, then output the name of the DC that has the largest value. If you know ...

Viewing Distribution Groups in a different domain
I opened a user account in one domain, using Active Directory, connected to the Global Catalog domain controller of that domain. UIder the Member Of tab, it only lists the distribution groups that the user is a member of in the current domain, and not the lists that are in a different domain. I am using WXP Pro SP2. When using W2K, and I try this, I can view those distribution groups. Any reason as to why I am unable to view them using WinXp? ...

Off by one transaction
When we are posting to the General Legder, the control # of transactions are off exactly one transaction to the actual # of transactions. We don't understand why this is so because we physically counted the transactions and the actual # of transactions are correct but the control # transactions are off by one. We posted anyway because we physically counted them, but for future use we would like to know why the # of transactions are off by one. If you have an answer to our dilemma please respond back. Much Appreciated, Matt Barran Matt: The Control Total is a number you enter,...

Cutting and Pasteing from One spreadsheet to another.
Im trying to make up several templates that contain simliar data references. I want to cut from one template to another a number of cells. eg I have the following in one spreadsheet. =Info!G5 =Info!G6 =Info!G7 =Info!G8 =Info!G9 =Info!G10 =Info!G11 etc I simply want to cut this text exactly as it is and paste it into another spread sheet. However when I do I get the following ='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G5 ='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G6 etc. Re...

One column with different widths
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. -- Calpitor Excel does not allow varying widths of cells within a column (or heights within rows). You could used 'Merged' cells to accomodate the wider column needs. HTH -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476150 ...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

trouble receiving a forwarded email
When someone forwards an email to me not all of the message is received. It stops about 3/4 of the way down the page or sometimes the 1st page is there but not page 2. I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1. My computer is Windows 98. Our Server is Windows 2000. No one else is having this problem. ...

Calcualting the time between email received date and reply date
Hi My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how many days a message got replied? Thanks Shanks Shanks <Shanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a > message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how > many days a message got replied? WIth Outlook 2003, one can observe the received time and compare it to the "You replied" time shown in the Info Bar. -- Brian Tillman Hi Brian Is there a...

Domain computers and their IP information.
Is it possible to get a list of all domain computers and their IP information such IP addresses, and additional IP address which is then exported to a csv file I am doing an IP audit of our network and need this information. I have used the get-qadcomputer cmdlet so is there something with this I can use, or is there a better way or another script which can do this. I need the computer name, and its IP address and also additional IP addresses it may have. Basically YES! With the built in cmdlets in Server 2008 R2, this is trivial when combined with some help from the...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...

Receivables Error Messages
I have the following error messages; can anyone help? 1. An open operation on table 'GL_DP_Distribution_Temp'failed because the path does not exist. 2. Unhandled database exception; A save operation on table 'ASI_SQL_Info' has caused an unknown error (48) Hi Tony, We received #1 error today for the first time. Looking forward to resolution. "Tony F" wrote: > I have the following error messages; can anyone help? > > 1. An open operation on table 'GL_DP_Distribution_Temp'failed because the > path does not exist. > > 2. Unhandled ...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...

Blank Email messages are being received
(1) When the attachments go missing on replied messages,I hope the client settings were set to include attachments in replies This setting was set to include the attachments in the replies. (2) Are there any error messages in the application event log of exchange? I've looked for events that might indicate a problem, but I don't really see anything relevant. (3) How often does this happen ? The frequency is very random and not wide spread, initially, I thought that this was a user error until I witnessed a couple of users experience this problem first hand. 4) Is there an...

returned mail undeliverable
Hi, I have posted before but the methods that were explained to me didn't work. My isp is Freeserve, but I do not use thier e mail account. I have one private domain and one Yahoo account set up in Outlook. Everything has been working fine up until a few weeks ago when I started to get Unable to send messages and undeliverable message returned mail. Now I have sent test messages to myself from either account and replied to them and all seems to be working fine. I have had family mail me as a test and I have replied with no problem, so why am I getting undeliverable messages and returned ma...

Two different organizers in one meting
imagine the folowing: Person A is the assistant of Person B, who has given delegation on his calender. When person A makes a meeting request in the calendar of person B and has made a reservation of a resource (meeting room), everything seems to be working fine. however, when person A opens the meeting request in the calendar folder of Person B, I can see that the organizer of the meeting is Person B. When I open the meeting in the calendar of the resource mailbox, the organizer of the meeting is Person A ?? This occurs with Outlook 2007 SP2 and Exchange 2010. Is there a way t...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...

Hyperlink from one sheet to the hyperlink on another
I want to click on a hyperlink on sheet1 and have it open a hyperlink on sheet2, rather than just going to the cell reference on sheet2. I can't work out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? AO > I want to click on a hyperlink on sheet1 and have it open a hyperlink on > sheet2, rather than just going to the cell reference on sheet2. > > I can't work out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? Why not include an optional second hyperlink on sheet 1 which goes straight to the point that the hyperlink on sheet 2 is directed? Griff The idea is that all of the...

Outlook 2003-can't send or receive emails
I have Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Operating system. My ISP is Earthlink. When I try to send/receive in Outlook, I get the error message: The operation failed. An object could not be found. I have gone through my settings, and all are set as recommended. My test message is received in my earthlink mailbox, but I cannot retrieve it in Outlook. I have no trouble with my earthlink mailbox. I have tried using Detect & Repair - no results. How can I fix this? Thanks ...

User Account Management (Domain User account set-up
I set up a user in CRM, but typed in the Domain Logon Name incorrectly during the initial user set up process. When I go back to the user id, the Domain Name field is grayed out. Does anyone know how I can correct this? -thx/Alex You need to deactivite the user and create a new user. You can assign the new user the deactiviated user's license. Linda >-----Original Message----- >I set up a user in CRM, but typed in the Domain Logon >Name incorrectly during the initial user set up process. > >When I go back to the user id, the Domain Name field is >grayed out. D...

Renaming a mail site
Is it possible to rename our existing mailsite in Exchange 5.5? Sorry, nope. If its just for display sake you can change the display name on the properties of the Site. This can get confusing down the road though. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a37501c44e55$f6423fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possibl...