defrag question

Hi,
-Exchange 2003 server
I need to run edbutil to defrag my database offline and run integ to check
the integrity.
is it possible for me to move the database file to another server and
run edbutil? the reason i need to do this is my hardware is unstable.
i have another test exchange 2003 server which is a stable hardware.
i want to do offline defrag first, bring it back to the original server,
move all the log files, then run integrity check on it so i can move
mailboxes
to my new exchange server which is a stable hardware.

thanks
tony

0
tony2k (7)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244525

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:10:47 -0700, "Tony" <tony2k@nospam.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>-Exchange 2003 server
>I need to run edbutil to defrag my database offline and run integ to check
>the integrity.
>is it possible for me to move the database file to another server and
>run edbutil? the reason i need to do this is my hardware is unstable.
>i have another test exchange 2003 server which is a stable hardware.
>i want to do offline defrag first, bring it back to the original server,
>move all the log files, then run integrity check on it so i can move
>mailboxes
>to my new exchange server which is a stable hardware.
>
>thanks
>tony

0
adavid (8731)

Question regarding link cells in different workbooks
After succesful linking from one workbook to another,, we would get "0" (zero) on the designed cells if there is no data on the resource cells. My question is what should I do if I want to have something instead e.g., "NA". -- Aline I like showing "" if the sending cell is empty. =if(a1="","",a1) or =if('sheet 99'!a1="","",'sheet 99'!a1) or =if([book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1="","",[book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1) I had my sending workbook open when I built the formula--so I didn&#...

account question
Is there a way to direct incoming mail from two different accounts into one inbox in outlook 2002? any help/ideas? Yes, in ADUC go to the Exchange General tab, click Delivery Options and use the Forwarding Address feature. "ZX4" <kimlagoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:rr%vc.32$9g6.8@nwrdny03.gnilink.net... > Is there a way to direct incoming mail from two different accounts into one > inbox in outlook 2002? any help/ideas? > > where's ADUC and what is it? "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in message...

Outlook 2002 Question #3
A client has noticed that the email isn't being removed from the server after 10 days, as it is designated. The way that this came about was that I received a call from the client noting that their mailbox was full. I double checked all the settings (on clients side) and Outlook should be removing messages from the server after 10 days, but it's not. The email client is Outlook 2002 w/ SP1. A thought did come to mind while writing this message. The client does carry a laptop as well as their office system (the system in question). If the email client on the laptop is set to POP and l...

Questions for help
According to documentation, for a CMyDialog : public CDialog, CMyDialog::OnInitDialog calls CDialog::OnInitDialog, and then CWnd::UpdateData() is called. From which function specifically is the CWnd::UpdateData() called? Is there any chance that I have to explicitly call UpdateData() in CMyDialog::OnInitDialog()? My other questions are about worker thread: Worker thread lacks a message pump. If adding something like, PeekMessage() inside such thread, does this make worker thread become an UI thread? Is UI thread a general term on Win32 programming, or it just related to MFC programming? ...

OWA question #17
We currently have two Exchange 2003 Enterprise servers and OWA runs on both of them. They both serve as Backend + Frontend Exchange servers. They both host mailboxes and run OWA. Users whose mailboxes are on ExchangeServer1 can only access their mailbox via OWA by going to ExchangeServer1 and users whose mailboxes are on ExchangeServer2 can only access their mailboxes via OWA by going to ExchangeServer2. Is it possible for all users to go to a single url to get to their mailboxes via OWA regardless of which Exchange server hosts their mailboxes. If so, how would that be configured? T...

Question about exchange and dedicated servers
Are there any dedicated server providers out there that will allow you to setup an exchange server once you buy there service? I prefer not to have a basic hosted solution. I want to manage the server. TIA Josh Regards, Joshua B. Sawyer www.JnJComputers.com 765.860.8059 If it's a dedicated server, it's up to you what apps you want to load on it. Or you can look at colocating in a commerical datacenter for more control. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

OWA security question #2
All, I am currently working with a company that accesses their mail via a larger companies Exchange 2000 server. Each site has a VPN connection in to the Head Office allowing web access to their mail. For security reasons the Head Office want to remove all VPN's to align with their company policy of using Citrix Secure Gateway. All I want to do is prove to this bigger company that we don't need to spend the money on 200 citrix/ts licenses and security keyfobs as we only want OWA. Is their any documentation to support my thoughts on the following: As I am only going to be con...

Exchange 5.5 EDB questions
Hello, I have an exchange 5.5 server, which is running on Windows 2000 server. I have set it up so that I can try to recover some data from a stray pub.edb file. I have tried using the edbutil/eseutil to try and recover the database and change the headers, but I cannot find a definitive answer to the following question. 'How do I import a foreign PUB.EDB folder into my exchange database, and allow users to access it as a folder (Public)?' Thanks in advance, James Copp-Taylor You do not import .edb into Exchange database. You perform disaster recovery, export data to .pst, then imp...

Get day question
My last question was answered fast and correct THANKS! If I have a cell that has the date d/m/y how can I have the next cell auto fill with the correct day? |05-14-2004| Friday| Thanks again Jeff -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Jeff, If your date is in cell A1, simply use the formula =A1 and use the custom format dddd HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "JG" <jg@jg.net> wrote in message news:40bd273b$1_6@corp.newsgro...

Lookup Formula Question
I'm pretty new to excel and I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I want to create a formula so that if A1=1, then F2:F5 are entered into C2:C5, or if A1=2, then G2:G5 are entered into C2:C5, etc. for more values forA1. Ex: A B C D E F G 1 2 5 6 3 10 7 4 15 8 5 ...

Delete Activity
Dear All We have noticed a strange issues when setting up the security for appointment activities. We do not want users to be able to delete activities from within the system, so we thought thats easy we restrict the delete for the activity in the roles. The problem we have is when we create a new appointment as user1 and try and assign the appointment to user2 both haveing the restriction of no delete and this is before the appointment is saved for the first time the save freezes and returns a SQL error. If we save the appointment first the reassignment works fine but this is no go...

Event Error Question
Can anyone tell me what the foioloing event eree is and if there is a way to prevent it? Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected. I google the event adn got several different opinions, one being caused by root worms?? James ...

why does this question have no answer in this group ?
Hi I posed this question once with no answers.. I user Outlook 2003 and use Word 2003 to read and write my email. I use Word, but still use "plain text" to compose email. Every time I open an email to read and compose it open in "Web Layout". I would like to use "Print Layout". I have searched this group and several groups, with no resolution. - I have opened and closed word in the way I like it, and out look does not care - I have modified email.dot in c:\prog..files\Micro..Office\Office11\1033. No change. - I have modified normal.dot in c:\docu..settings\s...

age old question, what is best though? Outlook Calendar sharing
Sharing a calender between me and my receptionist? We dont have exchange. I was thinking of using yahoo as a conduit, but is it possible to set up an automatic synch every 5 minutes, so the changed are seemless? If not, what are my options? Basically, if changes take effect on both machines at the same time, or somewhat close to that..... Just the Calender, not email, nor contacts..as the receptionist has her own email address and contacts... Will intellisynch do an automatic synch with yahoo every 5 minutes or something? Or maybe something else like that? TIA paranoid <seanNO@...

*EASY* question 2!!
BlankAnd as a second thought. In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no* date, just the time. How could i achieve this? Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever attempted Thanks in advance -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" Hi again! Select column A. Go to Format/Cells and click on Time (on the Number tab). You can then select which type of time format you would like. Hope this helps. Andy. "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in mes...

query question 03-11-08
greetings Lets say I have 2 tables: the 1st table has a field, ID1, with records a,b,c,d... and the 2nd table has a field, ID2, with records p,q,r,s... What is a good way to make a query with Fields ID1 and ID2 that show all combinations of 2 records, 1 from each table? Like this: ID1 ID2 a p a q a r a s ....etc b p b q ....etc thank you -- cinnie On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:41:01 -0700, cinnie <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >greetings > >Lets say I have 2 tables: the 1st table has a field, ID1, with records >a,b,c,d... ...

"IF" Function question
Hello I am trying to create a spreadsheet to keep track of scores. Each score has a corresponding number of points. For example if the score is between 170 and 174.5 the number of points is 1, if it is between 175 and 179.5 it is 2 and so on up to 200 where it is worth 8 points. I can't seem to figure out how to tell excel that if the score falls between two numbers display this value. I have tried it multiple ways such as =IF(D8>=170<=174.5,1, IF(D8>=175<=179.5,2, IF(D8>=180<=184.5,3, IF(D8>=185<=189.5,4, IF(D8>=190<=194.5,4, IF(D8>=195<=197.5,6, IF(D8...

selectNodes question
Hi, I am trying to get nodes (in a VC++ application) using the method IXMLDOMElementPtr::selectNodes. This is part of my XML file: <None-Books> <Summary Books="34" TopContainer="13" Client="27"/> <AAA-1 Type="0" DockingCX="200" DockingCY="120" Title="a"/> <AAA-ar Type="0" DockingCX="138" DockingCY="154" Title="b"/> <Book-3 Type="0" DockingCX="365" DockingCY="120" Title="c"/> <AAA-4 Type="0"...

Font size question
I'm using Office XP and OL...I know how to change font sizes, but is there way to make message text "look" larger without changing the font? I have set for a standard 12-point font, but it looks tiny on the screen. I click on "NEW" message and start to type, and the font looks like 8-point --even though it is in fact 12-point. Is there a simple way to "magnify" everything on the screen?? Bob in Atlanta You could try to reduce the screen resolution - it will make EVERYTHING larger. Downside is you'll see fewer items on your screen, and websites and s...

Nobody ever answers my questions...
.... this is getting to seem a little strange. First of all, let me assure everyone here who answers questions that I realize that nobody is under any obligation to do so; it's a free service; people answer out of the goodnbess of their hearts,etc... but it has always puzzled me that when I post a question here I never receive an answer. I've decided that this must be for one of two reasons: 1) The questions I ask are on such advanced topincs that nobody has the answers, or 2) I'm an idiot whose questions are not worth the time spect answering them. -- Jim Johnson &...

Questions on RDC over HTTP
I hosted my own mail server (Exchange 2003 Enterprise) at home. And I want to use RDC over Http feature. (ex. I can login to my Exchange inbox even though I am not inside my LAN and without using VPN) However, the setup is not quite successful because it kind of telling me that SSL is required for this feature. basically, can I run this feature without SSL? Thanks. The general answer is no. :-) You can setup your own CA for this purpose. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms...

2002 and Vista
I have created many Access 2002 applications using graphs and they usually work without any problems. I am working on Vista now and having issues with my graphs, amongst other things First, I have to always click the graph to display the data. The data is as simple SQL that uses a limit on the form in which the graph is being displayed to limit the records by. The graphs is not using Linked fields. Whenever I click the graph, the Data Sheet pops up Two questions, how can I have the graph be active all the time without having to click it and prevent the data sheet from showing ? Are th...

Deletion question.
Is it by design that when moving an email (Outlook 2003) from the primary mail profile mailbox to the deleted items folder of an additional mailbox added to the primary mail profile that the email is permenantly deleted? Ryan <rhubbell@esri.com> wrote: > Is it by design that when moving an email (Outlook 2003) > from the primary mail profile mailbox to the deleted > items folder of an additional mailbox added to the > primary mail profile that the email is permenantly > deleted? I don't think so. I have two sets of personal folders and if I drag-and-drop a mess...

2 Questions #5
1. I remember using this utility several years ago to access edb file on a very low leve in order to delete a corrupted message. For the life of mine i can't remember what it's called. 2. I have whole bunch of log files which are not being commited. How can i force them to be commited to database if i don't want to wait. I'm using exchange 2000 std on windows 2000 server. thank you very much Are you thinking of mdbvu32 or eseutil ? Be very careful with any utilities that access the information store at a low level as you can easily damage the database. How do you kno...

Contact list as Address Book Question
Windows XP Outlook 2002 I use my Contact list as my Address Book. when I view my Contact list it shows the peoples names like I wish, "Last, First" But, when I create a new e-mail and hit the To button to show the name list for addressing, it shows all the contact names "First, Last" I have looked all over and cannot find how to change this. any ideas? Gary........... Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <...