Defaults for Public folders

Is there a way to automatically have public folders use the public store
defaults when I create a new folder?  I create a lot of folders and I have I
have to change the item size limit on every folder and would rather just
have it do it automatically.

Thanks,

Sander

0
noemail1 (157)

System policies - Public store policy is what you want.

Regards,
Boris

"Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to automatically have public folders use the public store
> defaults when I create a new folder?  I create a lot of folders and I have
> have to change the item size limit on every folder and would rather just
> have it do it automatically.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sander

0
msexpert1 (171)

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

Moving Emails to a Public Folder
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to several email addresses to one public folder. The problem is that these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field, but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was sent to (without looking in the headers). When you reply, the original email in the body still only references the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was originally sent to. Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed? If not,...

alter default view for operations
I'd like to just see parameter types, not names. I don't want to see: methodName( in request : LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName I'd like to see: methodName( LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName -------------- Justin ...

EXCH2003 - OWA
In our organization, we have a master contact list as Contacts in our public folders. In OWA we can see and get access to those contacts, but when you double-click on a contact card, the button to send email to this contact is grey-ed out. The contacts associated with my mailbox has that option available. any thoughts???? ???????? ...

Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup uninstall problem
Hello techie nerds out there Help! I am trying to uninstall this utility to reinstall it on another desktop on the same machine. It seems you can only run this utility on one desktop? Running windows XP pro and Outlook 2002 The programme does not show up in the Add/Remove programme window in the Control Panel. Many, many thanks Paul Paul Allen <ict@wandsworthvb.org.uk> wrote: > I am trying to uninstall this utility to reinstall it on > another desktop on the same machine. It seems you can only > run this utility on one desktop? Doesn't seem to be the case here. ...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Search folders Otlk-2003 don't work?
I create a new search folder in OUtlook folder with the criteria, "mail to and from certain people". And then I choose a person from the list. The email address for that person has always been the same. However the search folder only comes up with mail I have SENT to that person, not mail they have sent to me. Whats with that? thanks... jf ...

Understanding Rehoming Public Folders
Hey guys, need some clarification. Under Exchange 5.5 I have public folders replicating to Exchange 2003. The home server option to rehome the public folder under 5.5, by changing this to point to the 2003 server, it won't remove it from the 5.5 server will it?? you should read the article written by William Boswell Great approach http://msexchange911.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=32&topic=204.0 oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog) "Mike" wr...

Why is Outlook 2003 synchronizing folders from a PoP email account!
I have one internet email account. No Exchange. I loaded Outlook 2003 3 days ago. All of a sudden. Today, it is synchronizing my folders. It takes forever and seems to be in some kind of a loop. 2 hours and still no email downloaded. Let the games begin, again. Another product from Microsoft with major bugs right out of the shoot. SP1 ready yet? Any Microsoft employees here care to tell me how to disable the synchronization of my folders to other folders that don't exist? Do you care to tell us what options you selected before shooting off your opinions about Microsoft???? --� Milly S...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

email defaults to personal folder
Hello we have run into a new problem at my work. About 5 new people started recently and the all tried to open their email accounts before they were properly setup. Because no server was entered they now have a top folder called "Personal Folders". What we have been doing to fix the situation is to right click on the outlook icon choose > properties > email accounts > Add a new email account. This method then adds the user's mailbox to outlook. The problem however is that we have lost old calendar information as well as the mail defaults to the personal folder ...

Add a nwe mail folder with new email address
I want to add a new folder within the mail area in Outlook 2003. opened up an additional email account with my IP and want that email t go to a seperate main folder in outlook. Under All Mail Folders I'v got Personal Folders and Hotmail as root folders in the area. I wan to add another root folder for my new email only. Thank you, Crai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Apart from special accounts like HTTP and IMAP when you collect POP3 then all mess...

Exchange GAL to Local COntacts Folder Export Script

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

view multiple public calendars
We have seven public folders set up as calendar for room appointments. How can we view them side by side as shared calendars? The only way I can think of implementing this is to set up 7 user accounts and share their calendars. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com version of outlook? if 2003 or 2007, add them to the public folder favorites and they'll be in the calendar list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipst...

Emails diverted to Drafts folder
Windows Mail: I'm seeing incoming mail going into the Drafts folder, and outgoing mail saved to the Drafts folder. Not all mail, but a lot of it. The same is happening in Windows 7 with Live Mail using a POP3 ISP account, not Hotmail. On the computers on which I've seen it, it's a relatively recent problem that didn't exist before. Possibly related to some Windows Update? I have some very irritated people badgering me about this and just can't find an answer. Any light on the subject would be warmly welcomed. -- Anna I have not heard of this particular pro...

4 page publication onto a website
I am trying to put a 4 page publication on to the website so that it can be opened by people who don't have publisher. I managed to do it last month but for can't remember how I did it. When I convert it to a web page it only shows the first page of the publication. Last months issue, when I checked back is a mht.doc but I don't know how I converted the publisher document to this. Can anyone help please? How about converting the Publisher file to a PDF. This way more visitors will have the capability to view it. Many folks here recommend the free primopdf which can be ...

Public Folder Permissions #36
I need to take ownership of several calender based public folders. I apologize as to the lack of skill here. I have just been handed this job and I am trying to do the best I can. Any and all help would be most appreciated. Thanks Open Exchange system manager, expand admin groups, folder public folder. Locate the folder, properties, permissions, client permissions, add yourself as owner. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Apr 17, 12:32 pm, James <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to take ownership of several calender...

public procedures
how can i create a public procedure, which can be used by different macros in the same workbooks? thanks Hi access within ONE workbook: Just put your procedure in a standard module of this workbook: public sub foo() '... end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > how can i create a public procedure, which can be used by > different macros in the same workbooks? > thanks ...

Defaults in Publisher 2003
Is there a way of changing defaults in Publisher 2003. Specifically I want to: * set default measurement unit to centimeters * set default border of a text box to black line, .75 pt * set Tools menu>Commercial Printing Tools>Fonts so that TrueType fonts are always embedded. Many thanks Chris ...

Combo box default value multiautocomplete
Hi All i have a subform with 10 item. The first one is a combo box that can choose the value from a list that is linked to a table with many record. This subform is related to the master form with link master field codice,cognome,nome link child field codice,cognome,nome that are the other items that are not visualize in the subform. These link give me the right connection to the master form. Normally when i choose the value from list (table) i place also all the other item in the subform using this code in after update precedure Me.ISEE.Value = Me.ISEE.Column(0) Me.F_Costo_con_M...

Programmatically adding function to copy all incoming mail to public folder (based on sender domain)
Hi all. I would like to be able to (from any client) execute a script (vbs, exe, whatever) that creates a public folder. That's should be pretty easy. The tricky part is that I want the same script to create a rule (?) on the Exchange server that copies all incoming mail from a specific sender domain to that new public folder. Hmm... Let us assume that I have the sufficient credentials for this action hardcoded in the script.. does anyone have a good idea how to do that. I am creating an interface in our ERP software that should be able to see mail correspondance horizontically accross ...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to public Calendar?
Is there a way to automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to a public Calendar? Having the person who added the event send me an invite is not an option, because they will not do this. (I am required to check the calendar to see if any events have been added.) I can't see a way to quickly see what new events have been added so I have to check the whole calendar. (Or is there a way to view events by the date they were added, not the date of the event?) TJ There should be some solutions for this at = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook...