Default send as setting?

We have a mailbox called "IT Helpdesk" that people on the helpdesk have added
to their outlook profile as an additional mailbox.  when email comes in to
the helpdesk mailbox they answer them by replying.  we moved this mailbox
from E5.5 to E2K3 last night.  Prior to moving it, when the helpdesk
personnel would reply to a message that came into the "IT Helpdesk" mailbox
it would list their name in the from: field rather than "IT Helpdesk".  Ever
since moving the mailbox to E2K3 it now lists "IT Helpdesk" in the from:
field.

I've done several tests with other mailboxes and can't tell how the world
they would have had it set up prior to moving it so that when someone replied
it would list their name instead of the mailbox the email was in.  Any clues?
0
SilverICE (243)

In news:477E33B1-4D5A-4A8E-BD70-3238F35D90F6@microsoft.com,
SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> We have a mailbox called "IT Helpdesk" that people on the helpdesk
> have added to their outlook profile as an additional mailbox.  when
> email comes in to the helpdesk mailbox they answer them by replying.
> we moved this mailbox from E5.5 to E2K3 last night.  Prior to moving
> it, when the helpdesk personnel would reply to a message that came
> into the "IT Helpdesk" mailbox it would list their name in the from:
> field rather than "IT Helpdesk".  Ever since moving the mailbox to
> E2K3 it now lists "IT Helpdesk" in the from: field.
>
> I've done several tests with other mailboxes and can't tell how the
> world they would have had it set up prior to moving it so that when
> someone replied it would list their name instead of the mailbox the
> email was in.  Any clues?

What version of Outlook? OL2002/2003 will do this by default...haven't tried
using either of those against an Exchange 5.5 server, so I can't say whether
it's different for that version.

0
lanwench (7567)
8/12/2005 12:24:52 AM
OL2003

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:477E33B1-4D5A-4A8E-BD70-3238F35D90F6@microsoft.com,
> SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > We have a mailbox called "IT Helpdesk" that people on the helpdesk
> > have added to their outlook profile as an additional mailbox.  when
> > email comes in to the helpdesk mailbox they answer them by replying.
> > we moved this mailbox from E5.5 to E2K3 last night.  Prior to moving
> > it, when the helpdesk personnel would reply to a message that came
> > into the "IT Helpdesk" mailbox it would list their name in the from:
> > field rather than "IT Helpdesk".  Ever since moving the mailbox to
> > E2K3 it now lists "IT Helpdesk" in the from: field.
> >
> > I've done several tests with other mailboxes and can't tell how the
> > world they would have had it set up prior to moving it so that when
> > someone replied it would list their name instead of the mailbox the
> > email was in.  Any clues?
>
> What version of Outlook? OL2002/2003 will do this by default...haven't tried
> using either of those against an Exchange 5.5 server, so I can't say whether
> it's different for that version.

0
SilverICE (243)
8/12/2005 7:13:04 PM

In news:64FACF11-2044-4ECD-97AF-E6E54FDABA60@microsoft.com,
SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> OL2003

Normal behavior, then, from everything I've seen.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> In news:477E33B1-4D5A-4A8E-BD70-3238F35D90F6@microsoft.com,
>> SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> We have a mailbox called "IT Helpdesk" that people on the helpdesk
>>> have added to their outlook profile as an additional mailbox.  when
>>> email comes in to the helpdesk mailbox they answer them by replying.
>>> we moved this mailbox from E5.5 to E2K3 last night.  Prior to moving
>>> it, when the helpdesk personnel would reply to a message that came
>>> into the "IT Helpdesk" mailbox it would list their name in the from:
>>> field rather than "IT Helpdesk".  Ever since moving the mailbox to
>>> E2K3 it now lists "IT Helpdesk" in the from: field.
>>>
>>> I've done several tests with other mailboxes and can't tell how the
>>> world they would have had it set up prior to moving it so that when
>>> someone replied it would list their name instead of the mailbox the
>>> email was in.  Any clues?
>>
>> What version of Outlook? OL2002/2003 will do this by
>> default...haven't tried using either of those against an Exchange
>> 5.5 server, so I can't say whether it's different for that version.

0
lanwench (7567)

Visio 2007
The themes in Visio 2007 only allow for the setting of the theme font, NOT the font size or style (bold, italic, etc.). So the question is, when I start a Visio diagram how can I ensure that the starting font size is 12 and not 8 pt, bold and not regular. It appears that there is no way to do this, other than perhaps changing registry values. BTW: I use Visio on both XP and Vista. Peregrine Go to the menu bar > Format > Define Styles. The menu allows you to define a custom style which includes font face, size, etc. HTH Wapperdude "Peregrine Maitland" wrote: > T...

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

sending attachments in rich text format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please Wendy ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: image/gif; name="QMARK.GIF" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-ID: <7D394D5C2EB043D9A973E27399E2B9B5@andyPC> R0lGODlhEwAfAPcAAP8ICP8PDv8VFf8dHP8kI/...

Unable to send more mail to more than 50 recipients at once...
I send a couple of small e-mail newsletters out to subscribers. Last week, I was able to send these e-mails through Outlook 2000, in blocks of up to 500 addresses in the BCC field. This week, when I tried that, the e-mail was never sent and just sat in my Out Box until eventually telling me that there is a limit of 50 recipients per e- mail message. I recently implemented the "critical updates" from MS for Windows XP Pro & Office. The question I have is, why did the allowable number of recipients change overnight, and is there any way to return it to it's previous st...

Can't send via Outlook 2000
Hi folks - I'd appreciate your help. All of a sudden, with no changes on my part, I cannot send via Outlook 2000. I can receive (I use netaddress.com for incoming), but I can't send out (I use outgoing.verizon.net). I have a DSL connection. Verizon says all is fine on their end and with my set up. My anti-virus is current and has no issues. The emails I send stay in my outbox, and it keeps attempting to send them. Error messages vary, but they are usually of the gist that the TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server (outgoing.verizon.net). Any insigh...

Can't send a link from IE 6
Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. Something really simple I'll bet, but I have looked thru the help files and have not hit on it yet. Thanks for any guidance ... John Patch <fred@hotmail.com> wrote: > Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a > page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. How do you know you can't send it? -- Brian Tillman Usually when the you try and send a link, a Outlook form comes up over the IE screen jus...

Set up a script for a live performance with a cue call sheet
How do I set up a single one-sided sheet to follow a live performance script and be able to write stand-by notes and cues in a column beside the script with a timecode format ...

Can not send message nor send an attachment from the web
This is what I get when I try to send a message and an attachment from the web. Can you please help me out. The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject ' Check out this article Half a Million Plastic Coffins?', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "adrian" <atheop@att.net> wrote in message news:ecvAdUTaKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > This is what I get when I try to send a...

XslTransform not excluding default namespace despite exclude-result-prefixes attribute?
I'm writing an xslt in vs.net 2003 and in order to get intellisense on the html content I added the default namespace declaration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5". However, even though I also have exclude-result-prefixes="#default" declared the default namespace is still outputted on the resulting document. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" xmlns:...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

problems sending email with crm 1.2
Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was working just fine, today my boss wanted to send an email with crm and the following message appear "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator.",every user when is trying to send an email the same message appear even with the administrator account. WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP Did you install the CRM Exchange E-Mail router? "Nepdy" wrote: > Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was > working just fine, today my boss wan...

Outlook sends email to isp but no longer receives email.
Outlook 2000 SP3 has been working just fine on a WinXP SP2 system. Now it sends ok, but times out when trying to receive. All the settings are the same as they have been. Outlook 2000 email works fine with an older Win98 system using the same settings, so its not the server. The symptoms are strange. If there are no messages in the mailbox, the delivering window flashes on and off like it should. However, if there are messages delivering comes on and Trend PCcillin Internet Security comes on and says it is scanning incoming mail, but an Outlook error message comes up saying that some mes...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Set Out of Office (or a rule) to only function on weekends
Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a rule or out of office assistant to run for specific date ranges. How do I set up either a rule or the out of office assistant to 'push' mail to me only on weekends? HCA.CWT.RN wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 09:04 > Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets > forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a > rule or out of office assistant to run for spec...

How do i give each email account i set up its own inbox etc?
i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... About the best you can do is create an inbox rule that moves messages based on the account it was received with. "joejnknsn" <joejnknsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E487FD01-2110-4BEC-930B-10590F05E885@microsoft.com... >i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from > different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... ...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

Excel, Macro designed to send mails via Outlook : question on certificate
Hi everybody, I created in Excel a macro designed to send specific mails via Outlook. Because an Outlook dialog box asked me all the time whether I authorize the transmission or not, I created a certificate using MS Office "SelfCert". So far so good. My macro is signed. However, Outlook keeps on asking me everytime to authorize the transmission of the mails. What should I do / check ? Anybody ? Many thanks in adavance for your time and kind help. Daniel Everything you wanted to know about sending emails fro Excel using Outlook. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Go...

Recieve but don't send!
Hi, I want to recieve messages only when I click on the "Send/Recieve" button, but Outlook both sends and recieves messages. How can I disable "send" action in Outlook 2003? Thanks. Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive...-> button Edit...-> select account and disable the Send option for that specific account -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "gemeaux | tt" <gemeaux_tt {at} hotmail....

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Send errors on old mail message no longer in Outbox
I made a mistake setting up my account and mistyped my sender address. Before I discovered it I'd tried to send 3 mails. I fixed the problem and successfully sent new messages but I keep getting repeating errors on the "old invalid" messages still trying to send -- they didn't pick up the correction and they are NOT in my OUTBOX anymore. How do I stop Mail from trying to resend these over and over? I've come down, turned off computer, etc but everytime I bring LiVE Mail up it's starts to resend these again -- continually getting messages. Interesti...

cant set up a rule
i have a hot mail account but i am how using offine outlook and wanted to set up a rule it wont let me because message sent and received using http e-mail accounts can not be filtered using outlook rune all i want to do is send a reply e-mail as my template As you've mentioned rules don't work at all on HTTP mail accounts. Doesn't matter what action you're trying to take on the items "julie fun fitness" <juliefunfitness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9AA672B-A499-4438-A6C5-E3E363B5FBF2@microsoft.com... >i have a hot mail accoun...

Can't send email with attachments
Windows XP Pro SP3; Office 2007. When attempting to send email with attachment,document gets stuck in outbox and caption at bottom of screen says "preparing to send and receive". This goes on indefinitely.Size of attachment file does not matter. Small and large attachment files get stuck in similar manner. Email without attachment can be sent successfully. Turning off Trend Micro firewall and other internet security does not help. ibexx This is caused by your AV scanning in and outgoing emails. Uninstall your AV and re-install it without the email integration (scanni...

Outlook 2003 cannot send email
This problem started yesterday morning about 1000. Previously, Outlook has worked without fail for about 6 months, when I had to replace a failing harddrive with a clean install. If I try to send an email, the send fails with the error 0x80042109. If I send a 'test your settings' email, I get a more verbose message that says the server was found, but did not respond. Now, the details: I found 2 articles about the error 0x80042109 that talked about 'being on the MSN network and trying to send through another system', but I have no connection to MSN. I have my own domain...

lost all emails, computer went back to default...help
i turned on my computer one morning and it was back to factory settings. had to redo my outlook account and lost all emails. is there a way to recover them? On 13/03/2010 01:20, stephanieann wrote: > i turned on my computer one morning and it was back to factory settings. had > to redo my outlook account and lost all emails. > > is there a way to recover them? Do a search for *.pst files. On 3/12/2010 5:20 PM, stephanieann wrote: > i turned on my computer one morning and it was back to factory settings. had > to redo my outlook account and lost all emai...