Default Reply Address/Recipient Update Policy

I have an Exchange 2003 setup on an SBS 2003 server.   All users have been
created.  When I use AD Users and Computers to change one user's default
reply address to something other than the alias, it gets changed back
automatically.  I understand that on user creation, this is what it uses.
But, it has always been my understanding that once the user has been
created, you can then change on a user basis.  I have users in the company
that use initials as email, some that use firstinitial/lastname and some
that use full name.   I have at least 10 other Exchange servers (3 of those
being 2000) that are setup like this and the changes are not overwritten.
On those other servers, the exchange alias IS different from the default
reply address with no problems.  The users DO have the "update from e-mail
addresses based on recipient policy" option checked and the policy update
service "runs always".  So, I either have 1 server working correctly and 10
others not or I have 1 working incorrectly.   I am running the latest
service packs.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Scott

0
mspslb (2)

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

defining accounts receivable default accounts
We would like the ability to have limitations on the accounts that can be selected for accounts receviable for a sales order transaction or receivable transaction. Currently you can select any account number for the RECEV trx type. We would like to define allowable accounts receivable accounts to avoid our current out of balance condition. This would limit the possibilities of reasons for ar trade to be out of balance to gl. This is a very hot issue at many clients in trying to reconcile ar to gl. This could also apply to AP!! Thanks, lori b. ---------------- This post is a sug...

Compuserve and Oulook replies blanked out
I use compuserve as my mail server. Up until now it worked well with Outlook. Since last week, I cannot see replies in my emails in Oulook, but they come fine at Compuserve. Replies start with my own email, but the one from the replier is blenked out. I wanted to know if anybody had a clue. My own email is germanaltgelt@cs.com Thank you German is it all messages or just some messages? What email program are your correspondents using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlo...

Public Folders: How to set up Auto-Reply in EX2003?
Hi guys, I've configured a public folder to receive mail from the Internet, and also set up an auto-reply rule using the Folder Assistant to reply when an e-mail is sent to the folder. The folder will auto-reply just fine if I e-mail it from within the Exchange organization, but if folks from the Internet e-mail the folder, it doesn't reply. Any ideas? Thanks! Jeff I ended up figuring out what the problem was. Just in case anyone else has this problem, what I needed to do to fix it was: - Open Exchange System Manager > Global Settings > Internet Message Formats - Right-c...

Jounal Viewer
I have read questions posted but not any answer for this issue. In the Journal Viewer - the batch look up is defaulted showing the oldest batch first rather than showing the most recent batch first. Does anyone know how to change this to default to listing the most recent batch first? Appreciate any help. ...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

Setting .doc default to .doc, not .dox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel How do i do this for all new documents? > How do i do this for all new documents? I meant .doc instead of .docx Word> Preferences> Save, choose Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) from the Save Word files as: list - just keep in mind that you'll be constantly working in Compatibility Mode which will prevent the use of some of 2008's features. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/23/08 7:50 PM, in article ee99690.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "dbdbdb@officeformac.com" <dbdbdb@officeform...

Do not have permission to send to this recipient #2
Hi there, I'm having a problem with Advanced Mailbox rights in native mode Exchange 2003 in a mixed-mode 2000/2003 AD domain. Client is Outlook 2003 on either Win2k or XP sp1/2 I would like to give a set of users permissions to a common service account mailbox from which they can generate a response "From" that mailbox (i.e., not their personal account). I do this by going to the Exchange Advanced Tab|Mailbox Rights and assigning the user Full Mailbox Access. The user is then able to add the mailbox to Outlook, except when they try to send the email FROM that account, t...

Control "Reply to all" for dl's.
We have a global distribution list that only one user will have access to. How do we stop someone from replying to all when they receive a message from that dl? thanks On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:36:06 -0700, "MJKQB" <MJKQB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a global distribution list that only one user will have access to. >How do we stop someone from replying to all when they receive a message from >that dl? > >thanks Exchange General tab/ Message Restrictions and add the users who can send to that DL. ...

Resolving External IP address Internally
When I access my server from outside my LAN I use something like http://173.191.14.188/page.html When I access my serer from inside my LAN I use something like http://servername/page.html I want to be able to access http://173.191.14.188/page.html from INSIDE my LAN but I can't. I have added a forward lookup A record in DNS but it still doesn't work. What do I need to do? Why? - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > When I access my server from outside my LAN I use something l...

how do I display email addresses memorized by autocomplete?
I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have not been entered into my contacts, that I would like to access. Any ideas? This is a great tool for it: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html -- Ricardo Silva Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "alyankee" <alyankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09CC2496-662A-4919-904C-EF6D93A51033@microsoft.com... >I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have > not been entered i...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Windows update site problems
So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted out? -- Be happy,Strat4axe "stat4axe" <strat4axe@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:36618CFD-EF82-4F82-A7C3-90CF2DDCCEA5@microsoft.com... > So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message > telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new > installation of XP Home),is it me o...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

How to export exchange global address book to WAB file?
I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? Mesak wrote: > I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express > address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? I don't know about wab files, but see if http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm helps at all. ...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

initial default column width
Is there a way to configure Excel 2000 so that when I create a new Workbook or add a new Worksheet so that all the columns have a particular width instead of the default 64 pixels? TIA Create the workbook exactly the way you want it, then save it as a template with the name "Book.xlt" (no quotes) in you XLStart directory. It'll be then used as the template for new workbooks. Likewise, save a one-sheet workbook as a template, named "Sheet.xlt" for the template for Insert/Worksheet. In article <419E181F.6251D20D@nospam.net>, Bruceh <bruce@nospam.net&...

Updating Boolean Field with onChange
I am having difficulty with setting a value of a new boolean field using the OnChange scripting against a picklist. If anyone has some sample code / formatting information that I can use it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I also need to know if it is possible to stop the default value for the Revenue (isrevenuesystemcalculated) field on the opportunity form being set to "Yes" when the "Convert Lead" function is used. We can set the default value to "No" for user created Opportunities but when Convert Lead is used it seems to ignore the default value. Again, a...

Too many problems while updating information online
Several of my accounts are unable to update information online using MS Money 2007 Deluxe - ING Direct - Bestbuy Card (HSBC) - MBNA - Bank of America This is frustrating!! Anyone else with the same problems? Just keep trying, eventually it will work. If you're in a bind, download the QIF or OFX files from the institutions web sites -- B of A works better that way anyway :) Paul McKenna <Paul McKenna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Several of my accounts are unable to update information online using MS Money >2007 Deluxe > >- ING Direct >- Bestbuy Card (HSBC...

Recipient Filtering
EX2k3 SP2 Hi I would like to enable the "filter recipients who are not in the directory" option under Global settings/Message Delivery/Recipient Filtering. However we allow an IIS server in the domain to relay email though the exchange server. If the “filter recipients who are not in the directory" option is selected will this cause e-mail relayed by the IIS server to non AD recipients to fail? Regards SuperPlay Recipient Filtering and Relaying are separate pieces of functionality and as such you should not have any problems. Nue "SuperPlay" <SuperPla...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

After windows update, .jpg coming through as .dat files?
Using Vista Office 2007 and did som recent updates. Now when i send emails with pictures from my computer, they are coming through as .dat files? I go to my webmail and that's how they are being received from my webmail provider. Called them and they're not aware of any fixes or if it's related to Microsoft updates. Any suggestions? You are using RTF message format. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/alwaysrtf.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...