Default Public Folder Calendar View

Is there a way on the server side to set the default view and/or font size for a calendar stored in the Public Folders, such that a particular view (i.e. weekly) and/or font is what displays be default for each user that accesses the calendar? TIA.
0
swindsor (1)

Yes  - create a custom view in Outlook (copy one you like, name it what you
wish, specify that it's to be used for this folder, not all folders) - then
in the PF properties you can specify "initial view on folder" to be the one
you created.

Sara Windsor wrote:
> Is there a way on the server side to set the default view and/or font
> size for a calendar stored in the Public Folders, such that a
> particular view (i.e. weekly) and/or font is what displays be default
> for each user that accesses the calendar? TIA.

0
lanwench (7567)

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

view email maximised
I've just upgraded to OE v6. When I double-click on an email to read it, the window returned is too small to be useful. How do I get maximised windows automatically when reading emails ? Cheers. ...

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I searched some more, found that the problem is caused when the Temporary Internet files cache is too big. Deleted the cache and the problem is solved. Changed the settings to a more reasonable 100 MB and it shouldn't happen again Steven =================================== I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank ...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

how can I add a signature to my calendar appt requests?
See subject question Insert-> Signature -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tnowak" <tnowak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51100433-5C23-435B-9C1B-5F8B8D9056B2@microsoft.com... > See subject question ...

Viewing shared 2003 outlook calendar in 2007 Outlook
Shared calendars with colleagues who have 2003. I can see the calendar but not the info in the calendar. Nothing is provate marked from their side and is able to be seen by other 2003 users. is there a quick fix? ...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

rescuing public contacts
If exchange server is down is there a way of recovering the public contact list? no...if it's a contacts folder in Public folders (or in a mailbox), it cannot be accessed if the store is dismounted/down...unless you invest in something like Ontrack's PowerControls... "mando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2104201c45a11$a7f87b80$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If exchange server is down is there a way of recovering > the public contact list? ...

Error trying to make an account default
I have a new computer and my outlook 2003 is not letting me assign a default account to send and receive. I get this error: "The Specicied Account could not be found. It might have been deleted." I have four accounnts setup and have tried removing the accounts and recreating them and still get the error. when the account has been made, it tests fine. None of the four can be made default. Thanks in Advance! ...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...

Calendaring agent failed in message delete notification
We have a user who previously synchronised his calendar with a psion and has many messages that had reminders on that he now can't delete using Outlook (gets error) but he keeps on being reminded that they are late. The psion has been thrown away so how can I delete these messages? Assuming we back up his calendar can we reinitialise it? Would a mailbox move help? Thanks David Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8200 Date: 29/11/2004 Time: 10:08:33 User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: Calendaring agent failed in message delete notification with err...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...

Active Task View under Tasks
Hello. Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of my "Active Tasks" view. It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as the completed tasks (i.e. those that are lined out). Any help would be appreciated. -Lumas >-----Original Message----- >Hello. >Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of >my "Active Tasks" view. > >It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete >but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as t...