Default Microsoft Exchange Services Stopped (Critical)

Under System Manager - Tools - Monitoring & Status - Status are two first
administrative groups:  one called <servername> and the other called SMTP
connector.  The former says "Critical:  Service not running" while the latter
says "Available".  Right clicking the former and clicking Properties reveals
a tab titled "Monitoring" with a name entry of Default Microsoft Exchange
Services and a the "critical state" column says "Stopped."  The Exchange
server doesn't seem to be having too much problems except that message
tracking seems to be broken.  Can/should we restart the referenced service
and what possible negative implications are there of doing so?

Thank you!
0
MCSE (8)

which service is stopped?  if it's the Microsoft Exchange Management
Service, you will not be able to perform message  tracking...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"MCSE" <MCSE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Under System Manager - Tools - Monitoring & Status - Status are two first
> administrative groups:  one called <servername> and the other called SMTP
> connector.  The former says "Critical:  Service not running" while the
> latter
> says "Available".  Right clicking the former and clicking Properties
> reveals
> a tab titled "Monitoring" with a name entry of Default Microsoft Exchange
> Services and a the "critical state" column says "Stopped."  The Exchange
> server doesn't seem to be having too much problems except that message
> tracking seems to be broken.  Can/should we restart the referenced service
> and what possible negative implications are there of doing so?
>
> Thank you!

0
sconkey (3059)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

Getting the BCC field by default.

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

stop error defeating me

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...

Powershell and Microsoft Clustering.
Are there any cmdlets that allow me to gather info about clusters? Is there a snap-in or is it available in powershell 2? Thanks In Windows Server 2008 R2 the clustering can be managed entirely from PowerShell. See http://blogs.msdn.com/clustering/archive/2008/12/20/9243367.aspx for more on Failover Clustering, and http://blogs.msdn.com/clustering/archive/2008/12/26/9253786.aspx for details on NLB clustering. In both cases, once the Role is loaded, additional modules are available. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel "Jacob Sampson" <Jaco...

Rules in Web Client / Exchange 2003
Hi Everyone, I am wondering where/how I should start troubleshooting rules in Outlook Web Client. Rules setup in Outlook Client work perfectly, however rules set up in Web Client don't seem to work. Specifically messages are not getting forwarded to an alternate email addresses specified in the rule. Sending a messge directly to the alternate email form a Web Client works all the time. Thanks in advance. If you generate the rule exactly the same way in Outlook, does it work? Also, does it happen to work when Outlook is running? "Gene B." <myemail@hidden.com> wr...

Outlook 2007 "Move to folder" default setting
By default, in Outlook 2007, when you right-click on a message and select "Move to Folder", the initial folder selected is the last folder that a message has been moved into. Is there a way to have this option always default to Inbox? Thanks much for the help! No, but you can also directly move the message to your Inbox folder via drag & drop instead of using the Move To dialog for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...