Default Exchange Receive Connector

Hi all,

I just installed Exchange 2007.  There were two receive connectors already
setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive
Connector."  If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my
exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions
Group Tab" of that connector?

Robert

 Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers
http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"supersonic_oasis" <supersonicoasis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:02B8BC38-F3EF-425A-8DA9-3D304FE980BE@microsoft.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I just installed Exchange 2007.  There were two receive connectors already
> setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive
> Connector."  If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my
> exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions
> Group Tab" of that connector?
>
> Robert

0
bharat3597 (1006)

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

defining accounts receivable default accounts
We would like the ability to have limitations on the accounts that can be selected for accounts receviable for a sales order transaction or receivable transaction. Currently you can select any account number for the RECEV trx type. We would like to define allowable accounts receivable accounts to avoid our current out of balance condition. This would limit the possibilities of reasons for ar trade to be out of balance to gl. This is a very hot issue at many clients in trying to reconcile ar to gl. This could also apply to AP!! Thanks, lori b. ---------------- This post is a sug...

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

Adding 2nd server in an Exchange 5.5 environment
Is there an easy way to move the IMS connector from one Exchange 5.5 server to another? I recently added a new Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000( No AD). Now I would like to move the IMS connector so I can remove the original mail server from the network. ( The Original server is a dog) I have just started this process and the goal is to get my old P2 system out of the network and replace it with a much faster Dual Xeon box, then upgrade the new mail server to Exchange 2000.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... -- Dale I believe the correct process is to instal...

Jounal Viewer
I have read questions posted but not any answer for this issue. In the Journal Viewer - the batch look up is defaulted showing the oldest batch first rather than showing the most recent batch first. Does anyone know how to change this to default to listing the most recent batch first? Appreciate any help. ...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Setting .doc default to .doc, not .dox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel How do i do this for all new documents? > How do i do this for all new documents? I meant .doc instead of .docx Word> Preferences> Save, choose Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) from the Save Word files as: list - just keep in mind that you'll be constantly working in Compatibility Mode which will prevent the use of some of 2008's features. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/23/08 7:50 PM, in article ee99690.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "dbdbdb@officeformac.com" <dbdbdb@officeform...

Exchange Reporting #2
Hello there. We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this. Sean MIS Systems Manager It is not possible natively. You would need to look into a 3rd party monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this. Something like Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this information. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope journaling to work. I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal formatted messages. I have verified with LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the Exchange Org object. Anyone else seen this before or have any advice? Thanks --- Greg Reboot maybe? greg@intellireach.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I...

SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5?
Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? Thank you, Jack Black IMS. On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:02:38 -0500, "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something >that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? > >Thank you, Jack Black > ...

Exchange OMA error message. Please read...
When our i-700's with Pocket PC 2003 attempts to access our mail exchange server, all we receive is the following error message: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Home" mail.domain.com/exchange works fine though. We've installed the service pack 1 for exchange 2003 to attempt to fix this issue and are having the same results. Does anyone care to share how they may have overcome this exchange problem with their compatible PDAs and Exchange's OMA (Outlook Mobile Access...

Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5 problem
Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5, i get the following message box: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. All other clients are able to connect and resolve the mailbox name. I can't ping and resolve the exchange server from the problems outlook client. The problems occur after i run repair the w2k pro. can anyone help? EL can not ping... well start with basic IP testing. use ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the misconfigured client. Check for DHCP default Gateway - make sure it looks like a client t...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000
Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are still 2000? This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right? If so you can only run the 2003 version of the ADC. This is not recommended and could cause replication errors with Exchange/AD. Mark "BrianG" wrote: > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are > still 2000? Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran. Why can I run 2003 but not 2003 with SP1? We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move function that came with...

How to export exchange global address book to WAB file?
I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? Mesak wrote: > I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express > address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? I don't know about wab files, but see if http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm helps at all. ...

initial default column width
Is there a way to configure Excel 2000 so that when I create a new Workbook or add a new Worksheet so that all the columns have a particular width instead of the default 64 pixels? TIA Create the workbook exactly the way you want it, then save it as a template with the name "Book.xlt" (no quotes) in you XLStart directory. It'll be then used as the template for new workbooks. Likewise, save a one-sheet workbook as a template, named "Sheet.xlt" for the template for Insert/Worksheet. In article <419E181F.6251D20D@nospam.net>, Bruceh <bruce@nospam.net&...

Exchange 5.5 Reinstall & isinteg -patch
Let me give you the situation: I'm a brand new administrator just joining a medium sized (bout 2000 users all together) company. Specifically, I'm going to be handleing their move to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. One thing that I'm really distrubed by though is that their existing infrastructure is downright scary (their PDC died last week...so get this, they slapped the hard drives in another machine and prayed they could get it to come up...they did, but how crazy is that that that (like that? ;) ) happened at all.) Anyways, backk to their exchange org...they have three dom...

Exchange 2000 NDR
Hi, I'm trying to send an email to this recipient: a.b.c.@mydomain.com Exchange sends back a 5.1.3 NDR -I think it's due to the dot before @ in the address-. How can I tell exchange to acept this kind of address? Thanks. ...

Exchange 2003 Question??
Dear all, I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SA? Thank you. Regards, Kueh. This might help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170280 -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message news:exVKwgOKEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard > Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition wit...

Exchange 2003
Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:42:01 -0700, Fui Fan <FuiFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. >Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? If everyone can do this you may have the all users (if there is one) security group inside an Exchange group you shouldn't. Look on the properties of a user account (yours perhaps) and see what groups have "Mull Mailbox Access". Nobody...

upgrading exchange 5 to 5.5
I have a single exchange 5.x organization with 5 sites, one server in each site. One server is running exchange 5, the rest are on 5.5 SP4. I want to prepare the organization for a 5.5/2003 mixed mode situation. Can I in place upgrade the 5 to 5.5? Has anyone had any problems or advice with regards to doing this? If it can't be in place upgraded, what are the alternatives for 2003 preparation? Thanks, James ...

Changes Since Moving to Exchange
Hi there; I have subfolders within the inbox, and then subfolders within the subfolders. I also have rules so that when a message comes in from a certain person the message goes into their folder. Before we moved to our new exchange server if someone sent a message and the message went to their folder, the number of unread emails in the folder changes (ie, if Joe Bloggs sends an email to me his message goes to the Joe Bloggs folder, and it looks like Joe Bloggs (1)). And the folder that the 'Joe Bloggs' is in (for this example it could be 'staff') would also...